20-weeks-pregnant with ankle and feet pain: Any advice?

Hey, mama’s! I’m 20 weeks pregnant, halfway to meeting our bundle of joy, whooh! But for the last week, my ankles & feet hurt so much & it is constant, I wake up, and they hurt. I work at my new job for about 5 hours in the morning when I come home and tend to our two-year-old daughter while her father, my SO, gets ready to go to work & goes to work, he works second shift so my daughter, and I are home together every day. I’ve tried soaking them in hot water for half an hour or longer and putting my feet up. But I can only sit so long until my daughter needs me. Did y’all have any tips on how to relieve this discomfort? Thank you!

4 Likes

Compression stockings

1 Like

Drink lots of water, and prop them up as often as you can. Try laying on the couch with your daughter and reading her books while you prop your feet on the back of the couch. My son loves story time and this worked wonders for me while i was pregnant

At your job do you stand a lot or walk a lot? Maybe some shock absorbing insoles, if standing see if you can get a mat to stand on , there are some that help with long periods of standing

I wish I had an answer for this one. Besides letting it rest, I can’t think of any. But I know that with another child around, you’ll never get that chance. Sorry girl, hope you can get help here

Lots of water and put your feet up when on break, lunch or at home. Any time you can really helps

Compression socks, and elevate but another weird tip someone gave me(it actually worked) stick a bar of lavender soap underneath your sheet before you go to sleep! I had really bad restless leg syndrome so this helped.

If you have a sedentary job, try walking for 30-60 minutes a day. I wasn’t active during my first pregnancy and the aches and pains were awful. This time around I’ve ran or walked nearly everyday and can tell a HUGE difference. I feel a million times better, hardly any pregnancy aches at all

Tell your doctor, it may be a sign of preeclampsia. Which can be fatal if not taken care of.

1 Like

Compression socks, good tennis shoes, watch sodium intake and drink lots of water

First admin maybe start a new group for people who want to ask advice, questions or just to get support or rename group. Every post has someone commenting about this is not what the page is about. Second call your ob…due to pregnancy could be medical reasons for this issue and dr should be the one answering your questions. Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy.

1 Like

Call your ob and see if with your history there are any concerns or if there are any suggestions on how to cope with the swelling. Also talk to your ob about checking blood pressure and protein levels.

When available, prop your legs and feet up about 6” above your heart. That helps reduce swelling. Maybe use a heating pad with that. That also applies if you ever sprain, fracture, or break your arms or legs. See if can have someone come to your house either a couple hours a day after you get home from work or a few days during the week to help you with anything you may need help with. This way you can be off your feet as much as possible. I had preterm labor with my second child and was on bed rest for a month an a half before delivery. I also had a 2 yr old at the same time. Congrats to you and your family. Like another person had mentioned see your OB and see what they recommend for you.

1 Like

My ankles swelled too! I elevated them whenever possible. My job requires me to be on my feet, so I would prop them when I was home after working

The hot water may be your problem. Any kind of swelling needs to be soaked in cold water. Try putting some of the foot soaks in the water. You can find these easily at any drug or dollar store.

What in the fuck is wrong with this page??? I followed this page in hopes of finding great fall ideas but wtf

2 Likes

That’s why you have a DOCTOR!!!

1 Like

has nothing to do with fall!! ugh

How about support socks