Am I a bad mom for not spending Mother's Day with my kids?

I told my husband I wanted to be left alone for Mother’s Day & i in fact was, left alone on Mother’s Day.

So no. I say do what you want.

Tell your mother in law TO BUTT

Forget it you spend
every
day with them. No reason why her son cannot manage for a day. She is just jealous.

Do not feel bad, you need to take care of yourself 1st and foremost or you won’t feel like taking care of your children! Or your husband!!

Do you know why I put the " angry" emoji? The only person whose opinion matters, IS YOUR HUSBAND’S!!! HE told you to go, and I HOPE your husband put his blasted mother in her place when she made that remark. Why are you allowing this b**** to steal your joy? From now on, ignore her and as best as you can, stay away from her. Let yr husband know how you feel

2 Likes

Stop feeling guilty, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hubby needed to shut down his own mother…hard. she was gifted a bit of pampering by him and their kids. MIL just needs to stay out of it.

3 Likes

Nope u need time to urself as well

2 Likes

Seems like the perfect gift a husband can give a wife. What a lucky lady you time

4 Likes

You have no reason to feel guilty!

This is what she wanted. Don’t let her get to you. He needs to stick up for you. All mom’s need time alone. You’re not just a mom. You’re so many other things too.

4 Likes

Don’t worry about what others think! You did what you wanted to do. We must take care of ourselves first before we can take care of others. You needed a break, you needed to be pampered and you needed to feel good. Don’t feel guilty.

I, myself, wasn’t around my kids on Mother’s day. My husband and I remodeled our bathroom so my mother kept them. I didn’t want them around the fumes. But, that’s what I wanted to do! My children were fine and I felt good doing something I’ve wanted to do for a while.

Do not feel one bit guilty as mother’s day is your day to do as you please. You are entitled to a day out so ignore your mother in law’s comments

It’s your day, i left my 3 kiddos and he took me out to eat. No guilt,

1 Like

You did What Your Husband told you to, so no Need to Feel Guilty at All. She probably Thought “I never got this When my Kids Were Small” and Decided to do This

3 Likes

Such a double standard, on Father’s Day men go golfing without their kids and no one bats an eye. Go out, enjoy, you did both time with your kids and family and something for yourself which you deserve! MIL should mind her business!!!

3 Likes

That’s exactly what your MIL wanted. To spoil your day. Why wasn’t she with her kids instead of over at your house meddling?

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad! She is a bitch! Sometimes to be a good mom a small break is good. Just because you did something different from what she woukd do does not give her the right to even speak on what you do! Tell her to buzz off

What you do or what your husband gifts you is not her business if she isn’t paying for it. Do you.

2 Likes

You did good an so did your husband

3 Likes

Mother in law was probably jealous of you

2 Likes

Hubby needs tell mom mind your own bussiness

3 Likes

It was mother’s day. Your day to do whatever.

2 Likes

Don’t even entertain the thought. What you did for mother’s day thats exactly what you deserve to do.

1 Like

I have never spent Mother’s Day with my kids.
I spend damn near every day with them.
I do my nails and lunch or go for a hike. Literally anything but take care of them.
Do not feel bad AT ALL.

Uhh no… DO NOT FEEL GUILTY! I didn’t spend it with my kid either :rofl: we for sure sent him to grandmas for that weekend! Mother’s day means different things to different people. Me… I’m a Fricken MOM … EVERYDAY… the ONE day that is labeled Mothers day… means it’s my day to do whatever the hell I want to with it. LOL
You are doing amazing and don’t let her ruin that! She should be happy she raised a son that Helps you and encourages you making time for yourself! Also the kids aren’t going to think about you being gone for a couple hours on “Mother’s Day” lol

9 Likes

It’s quite obvious that you’re not a bad mom! That’s what Mother’s Day is about, YOU!!! in my eyes, that’s a gift your husband did for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: being able to go out and pamper yourself for once. The MIL, is probably just jealous and said those things, just to be a bitch :woozy_face:

Your MIL would not be allowed back at my home if she called me a bad mother. Her and I don’t even have the greatest relationship but she would never. :woman_facepalming: I spent the whole weekend out of state and left my kid with my mother. :rofl: I must be the worst parent then.

3 Likes

Yur mother in law need to go to her own home and mind her business. Mother’s Day is your day!!! You didn’t nothing wrong. You deserved everything and more on what you did on that day. Tell her she shudda spend the whole day with them and stay out yur business. You does have them everyday,
All day.

1 Like

Funny, I guess it was OK that your mother-in-law didn’t stay home on Mother’s Day she was at your house I think you did the best thing you could and I applaud your husband for telling you to enjoy the day

1 Like

You’re entitled and your husband encouraged it. Plus you spent the morning and evening with your children. Your MIL should mind her own business, but your husband should have made sure that she was recognized as well.

3 Likes

Your husband is a good man!!!

2 Likes

Not her place to say a thing. You’re with your babies 24/7… your day, you choose how you want to spend it.

3 Likes

Sounds like it was a perfect day. You didn’t have to spend 24/7 with them. If it wasn’t for your husband you wouldn’t have those kids either! Good husband. Get your ML out of your head. Ignore her. Your husband should speak to her!!!

1 Like

You are not here to make everyone else happy. Work on yourself for your children and husband. You didnt marry his mother. You married him. He told you go. You went. Dont let her (jelousy) ruin your mood. You deserve to be pampered and relaxed as much as a dad does.

2 Likes

Your MIL needs to CTFO and and mind her own business. You deserve time for yourself!

Your husband was right - tell your mil gfy

1 Like

Mother’s is for the moms not the kids that’s why when the kids are grown they do things for their moms to make them feel special

1 Like

Your MIL needs to MHOB

She needs to mind her busineSS

2 Likes

Do not let other’s expectations of a given situation be your responsibility. She left her house to come see her son and grandchildren, why didn’t he go to her? It depends on how you take it. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and the fact that your husband and children didn’t try to make you feel guilty.

1 Like

It sounds like you have a caring and thoughtful husband despite his mama being a little Inconsiderate. Yes, those kids made you a mom but everyone deserves a break and needs a little time so that they don’t completely lose themselves in one of the most immersive roles on this planet. Parenting is a full time job and you deserved that little break whether you get them regularly or not… more so since you don’t normally get them. Don’t feel guilty in the slightest. When are you supposed to get that break if not on Mother’s Day and/or your Birthday?

You can’t win… don’t try… you r doing a great job… mil is a piece of work

1 Like

Absolutely not. Shame on your MIL for saying that. Maybe she forgets what it’s like to spend 24/7 with kids. As Moms, we deserve time to ourselves just like every other human being on this Earth.

5 Likes

Sounds like. Perfect Mother’s Day to me!

1 Like

Girl I told my kids not to even text or call me, I wanted a day for myself. My oldest left a bottle of wine and a card from all 4 of them at my front door, rang the bell and ran. Lol. Mother’s day is our day and we should spend it the way we want too and your husband told/encouraged you to have a you day, you mil needs to stay in her lane

1 Like

I’d tell her to pi ss off!
Was your hubby with his mom all day??
What a terrible son!!!
Lol

I would straighten out that bitch quickly. I had a mother-in-law just like that.

No you’re not a bad Mom at all for having a relaxing day on Mothers Day! And. Your Mother In Law sounds like a trouble maker, and ignorant to boot. She sounds jealous.

1 Like

Shes jealous lol ignore her

1 Like

It was Mother’s Day. Not Child’s Day. If you stayed at home with the kids, it would be like any other day.

1 Like

Girl! That’s completely fine what you did!! It’s none of her business how you celebrated. It’s your day

1 Like

You did what your husband told you to do. She will get over it.

1 Like

Sounds like you did spent time with them, just not the entire day. No need to feel guilty at all

1 Like

piss on her, she’s jealous!!

1 Like

Do what you and your husband think is best for your family, don’t let other people’s asinine statements impact you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Why does her opinion matter to you? :woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Girl you do you. I would only feel guilty if it was their birthday and I went out and pampered myself.

1 Like

Not a bit! Your husband sounds like a really good man and your MIL sounds like she needs to mind your own business. We deserve a break!

3 Likes

Tell her she can stick it!

2 Likes

Husband. is right, mil should keep her nose out of your life !

1 Like

I spend EVERY DAY with my kids. Mother’s Day is my day to do what I want without guilt. And I couldn’t care less what anyone’s opinion is on the way I choose to spend MY day.

2 Likes

Hell no don’t feel guilty I have stayed in or worked on Mother’s Day for nearly 16 years and I went out last Mother’s Day and had a ball don’t feel bad you need time for you too x

You did the right thing!

She should mind her business.

2 Likes

Don’t feel guilty. You were with them half of the day. No one ever said that mothers should spend the entire day with their children on mother’s day!

1 Like

i also asked for and received a break for mothers day, and i loved every second of it lol

Screw her. I hope you enjoyed yourself and it would be nice if more husbands would kick their wife’s out of the house on mother’s day.

It’s your day you are right to get out and and enjoy it

Your Mother in law is so wrong and your Hubby should have told her he told you to go!!!

1 Like

It’s called mothers day, not kids who made you a mother days… you got a special treat because your spouse was home and let you escape. Nothing to feel guilty about.

I spend every day with my kids. Mothers day is my day, I didn’t spend it with my kids either. My husband took them to see their grandma…who isn’t with them every day and loved spending mothers day with them. Last year I did spend it with my kids. I go back and forth. You do you!

2 Likes

Tell you mother in law to shut up :zipper_mouth_face:

Mother in law jst jealous I reckon🤷‍♀️bet she didn’t get time to herself on Mother’s Day!…we deserve time on our own !

1 Like

Don’t let her bully you sweetheart you deserve mother’s day doing you.its called mother’s day not mother on law trial date.:joy::person_facepalming:
She is obviously a critic and he knew she’d do it so you should put them BOTH in check.ive got one myself right now I can’t even go to the store and she throws a fit because nobody wants to take her every time the car starts if you don’t fix it now she’s only going to get WORSE!!! Trust me.

Good for you! There is a reason they call it Mothers Day!

no! i wish i could’ve spent mothers day alone

Girl “ftk” (f*ck them kids)
We spend our entire existence catering to our children. You spend mother’s day how ever your beautiful, hard working, loving heart desires. Definitely a good mother!

1 Like

Stop
Now her words you & husband had a choice she needs to keep her mouth shut

None of her business

You had a day for you which you totally deserve! Do not feel guilty! You deserve it!

Your mother in law needs to mind her own business. It’s YOUR day! You do whatever you wanna do. Don’t let your MIL make you feel any different or guilty. If I had that option, I would do it.

Mothers day is for mums, spend it the way that’s best for you. A pamper day is well deserved and probably well overdue for most mums. Your husband sounds lovely and thoughtful, your mil not so much x

I think we have earned the right as a mom, to do with our Mother’s Day what we want…plus your husband encouraging you to do so shows exactly what kind of mom you are. He’s the one that sees you everyday and knows what kind of mom you are. I’d let her sit in her own negativity and judgments…try not to let it affect you! :blush:

It’s the one day you get to yourself. Don’t let her make you feel bad for it.

1 Like

No, you’re not a bad mom. She’s just jealous.

1 Like

Sounds like the MIL is a spiteful clown who had no one to do that for her :joy: tell your hubby to tell his mum to keep her nose out of business that doesn’t concern her

1 Like

Young one - don’t allow somebody’s drama in to your life. Your husband, kids and you celebrate the way - “ your family” wants. Just because someone else has a “tradition “ doesn’t mean it has to be yours. You deserved it -

1 Like

Mother’s day is for you! You have them kids every day. Yes they made you a mother but that day is to celebrate you. So go out and do some things you enjoy. You still spent the morning and evening with them. Nothing wrong with that. As parents we tend to forget to care for ourselves and to be the best momma we can be it is needed.

1 Like

Your MIL needs to mind her business and get out of yours and your husband’s relationship. Spend the day how you want. Just because she is bitter her husband wouldn’t let her do that…

Do NOT feel guilty. My husband usually sends me away or gets me a spa day for mothers day. We spend day in and out taking care of our little humans. We are entitled to that day for ourselves. Your husband encouraging it shows you 1. That you are a good mother and 2. He knows you DESERVE that day to relax and pamper yourself.

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty Mother’s Day is for you to spend the way you like!

1 Like

She sounds jealous that you were told to enjoy your day. You are not a bad mom. As moms we never get a break. We need time to charge back up and have some alone time once in a while. Don’t take her comments personally, she’s is different generation. I hope your husband defended you and didn’t support her behaviour

1 Like

She sounds jealous that you were told to enjoy your day. You are not a bad mom. As moms we never get a break. We need time to charge back up and have some alone time once in a while. Don’t take her comments personally, she’s is from a different generation. I hope your husband defended you and didn’t support her behaviour

1 Like

Not at all you should not have guilt. At some point you have to take time for your self. Glad you did that.

1 Like

I think would have done that stuff the day before- NOW that is just ME!!

Hell no, I’ve gotten into arguments with my own mom for saying bullshit like that when I was married. There’s nothing wrong with it at all

It’s a day. That day alone does not make you a good mother. Or a bad mother. So as long as you know in your mind you’re doing what needs to be done for your kids. It doesn’t matter when you actually do it. You could have went out on a Tuesday and she still would have said something. :roll_eyes: keep taking care of you and your kiddos. The fact that you feel guilty already proves you’re not a bad mom. You deserved to go out :purple_heart::blue_heart:

I told my kids to LEAVE ME ALONE! Lol :laughing:
I said I’m a mom every day so Mother’s Day should be every day and it’s not it’s for one day to appreciate us and let’s us have our time to ourselves because we deserve it! Lol even though I ended up not doing anything just had dinner out with them but my hubby watches them every other time I need to go do something for myself like nails or hair or shop. :gift_heart:

Don’t feel guilty. I didn’t get to go out that day because we didn’t have the money to

1 Like