Am I a bad mom for not spending Mother's Day with my kids?

I was your day if you enjoyed it that is all that matters you need some me time ever once in awhile

Sounds like someone needs to be adopted asap :clap:t4::unamused::rofl:

Nope. Spending time on you us necessary. Your MIL sounds jealous, lol!

I used to send my kids off for the day with their day so I could relax….we spent the morning and dinner time and the night together. It was perfect! I like your day a little better.And kudos for “letting“your husband spend time with his mom. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Not you are not, thank God for your loving husband

1 Like

Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty! We all need some “me” time!

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty!! You did spend time with them!

You aren’t on this earth to please your mother-in-law. Good for you for going out and doing what you wanted to do for you on your day.

2 Likes

Don’t feel guilty. You are the best Mum for your kids.

No your not cause I did the same

Feeling guilty is why your mother in law said it. Feeling guilty is a choice. Choose to be away the next time, with hubby, so she can’t come over. lol

2 Likes

Hard for some people to believe BUT children can survive without their mothers the 2nd Sunday of the month. Like what the fuck?! Is she insinuating that your husband isn’t competent enough to take care of them without you present?? What a nut. Sorry, I’m with my kids 365 days a year. They’ll survive a few hours without me while I get a coffee and enjoy my alone time.

Your kids. You and your husband decide what happens. It was even your husband’s idea. He should have stood up for you with his mother. Do not let her make you feel guilty.

6 Likes

Tell her to kiss your bum!! I did not spend the day with mine. 1 is out of the country, 1 is a nurse at work, 1 was at work in the mill, and the other was with his wife. They all called, texted, and sent flowers, and an edible arrangement. Loved my mothers day not spending it with one of them!!

2 Likes

Your Mother-In-Law should know better! She should have kept her opinion to herself! And NO you weren’t wrong!!!

2 Likes

Go for it and don’t feel guilty

2 Likes

Your mother-in-law needs to mind her own business not make you feel guilty you deserve the day of rest and fun and your husband was agreeable to it so that’s really cool

4 Likes

Nope, my friend and I would go to brunch together and drink mimosas then go to a mothers day craft fairs. It’s your day spend it how ever you want.

3 Likes

Girl no I go fishing every year on mother’s day with my hubby because my daughter loves going to church on Sundays with my sister

1 Like

Not a bad mom at all!! On the contrary, good for you for getting that time… it helps us reset and be even better mothers! We all need “our own” time once in a while hun

2 Likes

Do what works for you and your family. Her comments are irrelevant and she needs to minds her business.

5 Likes

You are with the kids all the time. Grandparents aren’t. I think she’s forgotten what it’s like all day everyday as a sahm. Sounds like she’s projecting what she wants onto you. Everyone’s different in how they want to spend mothers Day. In few years when kids are teens you may change and want a whole day together but not right now.

2 Likes

Screw her. She didn’t volunteer to babysit, now did she

4 Likes

mother’s day = respect, thank, and gift-giving (which = vacation)

1 Like

It is YOUR DAY chicka

2 Likes

Eff her opinion. You had a good day and deserved it!

1 Like

They always have too much to say!

2 Likes

Its Mothers Day…not kids day…

1 Like

Your mother in law is horrible for saying that, especially since your husband asked you to do it as a mother day gift for you. I hope he didn’t just down there and let his mom bad mouth you and explained to her that that was what you were supposed to do what’s to do that day.

2 Likes

I agree…that is some judgy bull shit. She can suck it, monster in law is probably jealous that she never got a day like you had.
Thank your man for it and move on.

Oh my goodness-I’m so happy you were pampered on Mother’s Day! I’m sure your kids know you love them and spend every other day with them. Dang-she sounds kinda mean! Do NOT let it bother you. Mother’s Day is supposed to be about taking care of Mothers!!!

2 Likes

She sounds like a terrible person. Spend the day every which way YOU like.

1 Like

Womp womp. It’s👏🏼your👏🏼day!

Spend it however you please and be unapologetic !

2 Likes

You are not your mother-in-law’s mother. She is not your mother. She has no dog in this hunt. Enjoy your pretty nails and whatever you bought on your shopping spree. Cherish the memories of the family dinner. It sounds like your husband is a sweet guy.

4 Likes

Hope your husband stood up to her. He shouldn’t have even told you !

3 Likes

Looks like to me you had a fantastic Mother’s Day!

One your MIL sounds like a delight who needs to mind her own business.
I think it sounds like the perfect way to spend your day how you should have

2 Likes

Your mother in law is jealous. Your husband did a wonderful thing made “mothers” day about you…which it should be. You spent time with the kids, and then you got pampered a little bit, after which you spent more time with the family. Your husband literally showed you love and understanding of how little time you get to be spoiled, taught your kids that you deserve a break and that when they are parents they too should take a break and enjoy a moment for themselves. All healthy thing!!

5 Likes

Don’t fell bad. I didn’t hear from my kids(37 & 40) until my mom called them and threw a fit on them. Now my 37 yr old wants me to come to her house and help her. Nope

Stop thinking you are bad. You are a good mother. That’s it.

My kids made me feel that way cause I planned to get coffee with friends and not do something with them (that costed money)

Kick your guilt out, they gavey

No guilt on your part. Your day was your gift. You still had the evening with them.

She needs to keep her mouth shut its Mothers Day and your husband told you to go out and have fun and enjoy your self but when you got home you and your husband and kids went out for dinner as a family,and yes eff her opinion,

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::nail_care::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::lipstick::lipstick::lipstick::lipstick::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::birthday:

You are a great Mom no need to feel guilty ! Great husband for telling you to go and pamper yourself ! MIL not so great !!!

3 Likes

She was upset because she didnt think of it first!

1 Like

No! It’s your day spend it how you like.

1 Like

She’s a Mother outlaw

1 Like

No you are not he told you to go.

1 Like

Nothing to feel guilty about, hope you had a great day

1 Like

Do not feel guilty!! Moms need a minute to ourselves. I don’t do anything with my kids really on mothers day. The hubby and kids cook me 3 meals that day while I hang out in my room and do whatever I want, like nothing for the whole day. This year I layer in bed and watched movies, read my book and took a nap. It was wonderful. Tell her to keep her two cents to herself.

2 Likes

Only if dads are “bad” dads for spending their Father’s Days away fishing or playing golf… :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Ignore the ole bat. You’re a much better mother than she is.

No your not! Hope you enjoyed your day! :sparkling_heart:

My kids live with me and we can celebrate mothers day any day… not just because the calendar says to do so.
I was out of town for an entire week. And it is not the first mothers day that I have traveled.

I spoke to my kids about it and they were ok.

I’m a single mom… and the current ages of my kids are 18, 19 and 23.

So they are not babies but the past two years that i did travel they were younger… but they are ok with it.

No I went to a pool at a resort with my friend and it was great lol

It’s your day to do what you want with who you want. Sometimes a break is exactly what you need. Dont feel bad. You need to be taken care of too

Who gives a shit what she says move on

Hell NO!!!
I don’t want to spend “my day” looking after the little crotch goblins the same way I do every other day!!! Nothing special about that. Have a special breakfast, lunch or dinner with them and then hightail it out of there and have some “me time” and relax!!!

Tell her to fuck off …… hunny you have done nothing wrong, your a good mum and your In titled to have your time. She probably just jealous because she probably never got that from her partner, and she see you enjoying yourself.

Lmao no way not at all. She’s just being bitchy & prb won’t be the last time. The day is for YOU. Happy mothers day

Youre a liar because on anither post you said your husband sidnt even tell you happy mother day. So which is it?