Am I being unreasonable?

Smh! I’m about exhausted hearing about these men who are simply lazy and inconsiderate! They shuck their responsibilities and get away with it, what would happen if things were reversed and as women we did the things they do, it would be a pure mess! And I know these men would be very vocal about it!

2 Likes

Get rid of him n fast

1 Like

Freeloading bumb!!! He’s gonna dish it out as long as you take it!!! Is this what you signed up for??? Your move!!!

2 Likes

I’m petty and wouldn’t come home till he’s put the kids to bed. Let him deal with the “I’m hungry” Then walk in with my own food, not sharing. Go sit down and watch some TV. Repeat until the fight starts. But that’s just me…

7 Likes

If he’s going to be a stay at home dad, he needs to do stay at home dad things! If not, find a sitter and tell his ass to get a job and help pay bills! :woman_shrugging:. .also, take the Xbox and computer to work with you :rofl:

Start making food for you and the kids, and be sure he doesn’t get a lucky of it. Ever. Nada. Until he learns to pitch in some damn how.

I would forget or not think about it cooking too, he sounds lazy. He’s not a sahd just for staying home. I would order food do everyone but him or cook things he doesn’t like… but I’m spiteful :joy:

2 Likes

My Mom would of took the internet box to work with her. Or the plugs to the TVs. Or maybe make only the children a covered plate for their dinner.

6 Likes

He needs a wake up call. If you’re doing everything ask him what the point of him even being there??

2 Likes

Young one you need to put your foot down or up something else. He’s not pulling his weight as a”stay at home dad”. Take charge now because the long you allow this the harder it will be. He sounds like a child - so be the adult and handle it sweetie.

1 Like

Forget to cook for him and see how he likes it

2 Likes

When you go home and hes playing his xbox instead of cooking you dinner pick it up and smash it on the floor

1 Like

How are the bills paid?

1 Like

Stop cooking for him and tell him if he can’t do what needs to be done at home get job to help out

1 Like

Leave the little boy.

My hubs stays home , and literally homeschools our babies AND cooks dinner , and tries to pick up (I do most of the cleaning and work) , maintaining a family is hard 50/50 that shit . We’re a team , as you and your partner should be , it took us awhile to learn were our individual strengths are , but once we did meet in the middle everything got easier , maybe you two need to take time to learn individual strengths so it lightens the load and even things out a bit more .?

Seriously, this sounds like an issue but not a crisis. Don’t just leave the father of those babies because of this. So many woman are in situations of abuse, addiction, loneliness, etc. If he is a good man who’s only fault is laziness it can be fixed. Make him a reminder list of things to do. If dinner is the issue buy easy to fix dinners (crockpot or skillet meals), a load of laundry a day, pick up after kids go to bed. Don’t be unreasonable but firm and direct. Make sure when he does these things you let him know how much he is appreciated and loved. If this doesn’t work out then give him notice that you are going to quit your job as it’s to much to handle (If he’s able to work). I’m assuming that since you are in school it’s not your dream job, you need to quit. He can then work giving you time for running a household and school.

Run!! If he can’t work or at least take care of the house some what u need him for. A babysitter would an cheaper and less headache

So, you essentially have a babysitter. Girl, just yeet the whole man child out the door!

2 Likes

Take the wifi box to work with you… Like no joke

1 Like

Just because he’s not hungry doesn’t mean everyone else isn’t. Smh

1 Like

Umm…you should prob get a man that would treat you right and has goals and ambitions. Dont be afraid to be alone and don’t stay in a relationship because your just use to the person. Get the divorce, move out and be on your way. Your paying all the bills anyway. In home daycare is more affordable than the facility daycare. Your doing everything anyway, so what would be the difference?

You already know why. He does not have too. So…either tell him to help out or he is not going to like the consequences.

No advice. But how do you have a monthly meal plan? I’m totally envious of your organization

1 Like

Have him get a job to pay for daycare for those kiddies

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/am-i-being-unreasonsable/16616

You only pay her gas money “sometimes” but want her to perform the duties of a full time daycare/preschool provider?
You get what you pay for…or in your case you already get more than you pay for
Your child is safe, fed, clean, and properly supervised :joy:

66 Likes

Go full time! It will be best for your child to get great quality care and there won’t be family drama!

9 Likes

If you want your child in a structured daycare, put that child there and pay for it.

30 Likes

Put him in daycare if you don’t like the service. You’re only paying gas money sometimes anyway.

17 Likes

If you dont like it put him in daycare. Otherwise you need to cut her a little slack. Shes his Grandma too. Life doesnt have to be so rigid. Think big problem is you didnt like the idea to begin with, so suspect you will find fault with anything. If theres no sign of neglect or abuse should be thankful.

33 Likes

Myself I’d rather watch my grandchild i don’t trust daycare now day’s. I wouldn’t charge but it be at my house and i don’t need instructions. Just my thoughts.

21 Likes

She’s not a trained pre school teacher and that’s what you are obviously looking for…pay for it and get him in. Be careful how you act around your mil because from your tone here you are very bitter, no point of causing a rift over such a small issue

22 Likes

She is doing you a favor. You sound absolutely ungrateful and just plain disrespectful to your elders. Do her a favor and put your son in daycare. She doesn’t deserve your poor treatment.

41 Likes

You pay her gas money sometimes and expect to treat her like an employee? Lol. Girl. Put him in daycare and then see how much you’re paying and they’re still not going to follow your rules.

48 Likes

You are nit picking, be more grateful that she can look after your son. My mom lives with me but I’m only working about 15 hours a week because of the medical issues she has and she’s not comfortable with watching my kids for very long, but i know when she does they are happy and it makes her feel useful.

7 Likes

Omg my mom would never charge me but I’d never get upset over a box of dumped out toys.

You both need to respect each other a lot more.

7 Likes

You must forgot that she’s a mom. Apparently an ok one if you married her son. So cut some slack. If she’s not abusing him, let her be. Is he in a dirty diaper when you get home? Is he fed when you get there? I mean come on.

7 Likes

Yes, you are being unreasonable

20 Likes

If you’re not paying her then to be honest you should be grateful that she is offering to take care of him for free. I wish I had the luxury of grandparents who could watch my children whilst I work but I’ve either had to be a stay at home mum or work and pay for childcare. If you’re not happy with the situation and you’re prepared to pay out then by all means put your child into a nursery environment. However, if you have the luxury of saving money whilst your child builds a bond with their grandparents then I personally do think that maybe you should do the structured learning at home on evenings and weekends and allow your child to have free play with his grandma whilst strengthening his bond with her. Just my opinion though.

18 Likes

Like I’m not saying this to be mean or anything but it’s the grandma right ? If I told my mother or my in law what to do with my son I’m sure she would look at me like I’m crazy to like it’s his grandma most grandparents know what they are doing I just feel like ur making up excuses to put ur child in daycare and u really don’t need one … not only that I rather leave my child with my mother any day then with someone at a daycare… I’m not saying it to be mean at all so please don’t take it that way it’s probably not even about the money to her she just wants to be there and I think u should let her … hope everything works out for ur family

8 Likes

Put your child into daycare, you are expecting way too much for just “gas money”

24 Likes

I think you are asking a lot of his grandparents. They raised your husband so they can probably raise this little feller.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry , this is over her letting your child play with too many items at a time ?

5 Likes

Put your child in daycare! Problem solved and they will do educational structured activities with your child and follow your routine . Nobody wants to put up with family drama .

2 Likes

So she basically watches him for free, he’s taken care of and not beaten or abused and you nit pick. Go pay out the ass for daycare since you want to be ungrateful.

You’re expecting her to do a full time job for less than her gas? She’s way too nice to you if you ask me. I’d have quit a long time ago.

19 Likes

In my opinion If you are not paying her as a daycare and as long as he is fed/changed/loved, then yes, you are being unreasonable.

10 Likes

You come off as a spoiled entitled, ungrateful brat!

35 Likes

You asked her too watch over him not be his teacher as well I’d seek a good day care just make sure to get them thoroughly out.

2 Likes

Ungrateful much! She’s his grand mother not his teacher. Your lucky she’s looking after him for you

11 Likes

This drama over her letting him play with more than 1 toy???

You sound like a real fun person to be around….

18 Likes

As a grandma I love to pick up my grandkids once a week or when they need to go to another location or to do activities with them. I have never asked for money as it is my choice. However my mother took care of my kids her grandkids and her being a single income I did give her money but I still do even now my kids are old. I think you should help out your kids or parents if you can

6 Likes

If you’re that dang picky… you need to take him to a daycare. From the way you sound , I have a feeling you’ll find fault with them too… :woman_facepalming:

14 Likes

I was exhausted reading these rules. Please consider meditating about your actions. If you don’t let go, you’ll be miserable with anyone whether you pay them or not. To answer your question: yes, the situation you are describing and the expectations sound unreasonable.

17 Likes

Put him in day care. You are asking her to jump oceans while you’re providing water wings.

9 Likes

This sounds sound high maintenance and ungrateful :unamused:

14 Likes

Beggers can’t be choosers mate if you want your kid to be in a day care setting pay for day care then like the rest of us have to lol

5 Likes

Yeah f**k that she’s a free babysitter not a teacher. You want your child in a school like environment then either pay her for the work or send him to daycare where you will also have to pay for the attention and extra activities your expecting to be done. :woman_shrugging:t3:

11 Likes

Go pay for daycare. You are very ungrateful and dramatic

25 Likes

I would be mad too ! She raised the man you chose to marry so she must have done SOMETHING right… she is not a daycare, and not stupid …leave it alone, his time with his gramma is extremely important let them do it their way. Quite being so controlling… anyone who is super controlling inevitably loses in the end.

10 Likes

What do you expect? Your just paying her gas? Child care is expensive if you don’t like what your getting at a bargain then put your child in a daycare where one on one attention isn’t provided

6 Likes

You’re not being unreasonable. You arent forcing or guilting her into watching your kid, you’re literally putting him in daycare because she’s refusing to follow rules you have in place regarding YOUR child. Everyone is acting like you begged her to babysit for you. You’re allowed to be a picky mother, especially with your first child.

14 Likes

Your MIL isn’t daycare. She’s Grandma. If you want a daycare then do take your child to daycare.

18 Likes

You’re not gonna like daycare .

25 Likes

Wow you should put him in daycare I would have loved to have a MIL or a mom to babysit while I worked and further more would rather have paid them then a daycare because my my child would be the sole focus u sound very unreasonable and ungrateful because she is definitely not obligated to do anything for you.

11 Likes

Yea u just go ahead and do daycare. Seems you are soo controlling you rather have your child exposed to all the germs of daycare. I worked in daycare no one will love and treat your son like a family member would. The love a grandparents can’t be replicated. Grandparents wont be around forever. Why not give them the time to love and help raise your child? Sadly u seem to need control more then anything. Good luck with daycare. Ever heard of hand foot and mouth disease or scabies or impetigo ? Well get some knowledge on daycare illness… I had no choice except to use daycare. And had I been blessed with the option of a grandparents id of paid them anything to love watch and nurture my kid then the strangers that I paid…and ure husband threatened to quit? Yall are soo damn spoiled and immature…

I’d pay for the daycare. I also have a mil that I would never leave alone with anymore of my kids ever again.

2 Likes

Good thing my daughter isn’t so petty when I “babysit”.
Just tell me health and diet issues to pay attention to.
Other than that, I will do what I believe best while under my Care
:snail:

17 Likes

If you want something like a daycare, pay for daycare… you sound very entitled. Let grandma be grandma or pay her accordingly if she agrees to treat this time as more of a daycare situation.

19 Likes

Wow if I was your mother or mother in law I’d be annoyed at your demands! If you require this level of “at home daycare” then give up work and do it yourself! So ungrateful and clearly no appreciation for the unpaid help!

21 Likes

Yes you are being unreasonable, do you think daycare will follow your instructions ? Because I tell you now they have their own program that they follow not yours.

14 Likes

You are Ungrateful and I hate to tell you hate to tell you daycare’s aren’t going to follow your instructions either. She is the grandmother not the teacher if you want her you act like a teacher and or a daycare worker then you need to pay her as such instead of just gas money.

11 Likes

WOW …Petty much ?
Thank God my Daughters are the way they are. They understand I’m grown

5 Likes

Did she offer to watch your son or did you ask her? Either way I’d be compensating her somehow.
I’m assuming there are other issues aside from the toys.
I don’t think you’re wrong for wanting a schedule to be stuck with and I don’t think you are wrong for wanting your child to be engaged and played with while she’s watching him.

Family or not boundaries need to be followed and it’s your child. Day cares won’t follow your rules. I’d look into a nanny or in home sitter.

1 Like

You are being ridiculous. Do you think a daycare is going to give two sh$ts what you think. You are going to be so disappointed and how rude to say you have corrected her a couple times

That’s so disrespectful from your parts to the ML.Do u even have the idea of daycare ?Just give it a try and see .U think they have the time to be one in one with your child? Or your giving the ideas how they will tread your son ?Seriously?I think your ML it’s being very respectful and was not responding to you the way I was going to respond.Ungrateful people :rage:

10 Likes

This is too much🙄 put the boy in daycare if you want someone to treat him like he’s in daycare. I mean damn, she’s his grandma, not a freaking daycare worker. She’s enjoying her time with him. Are you even paying her?? You don’t want to pay for her gas, so I’m just going to assume that she’s doing this free of charge. Also, if she’s “unreliable”, why did you ask her in the first place. This post is real sketch. There’s way more to this story.

1 Like

You have very high expectations for a free babysitter. Whether she asked or not. If you don’t like it then switch. If she’s that terrible and constantly disrespecting your boundaries why are you even questioning it?

I get you want a structured learning environment, but you can’t expect that from non parents who watch your kid for free.

I don’t even understand whst her work history has to do with any of this either. Seems like a way to make her look bad.

If the kid is fed clean and happy and not sitting in filth starving choking on puzzle pieces.

You got a pretty good gig. If you want better, then make the change.

13 Likes

So what exactly is the question or problem your mad ur free babysitter/mil doesn’t do what u want ?

7 Likes

She said “We give her gas money” and wants the work of an actual day care :joy: Mam you are outta line.

17 Likes

Yes you are being so unreasonable!!! What a sacrifice your mil has made and you’re just bing rude and ungrateful to her. She isn’t trained daycare staff!! Your child is loved and cared for, you’re lucky than most!!! I’m surprised she’s putting up with it all at her age!!!

1 Like

I’m confused? You want your son to only play with one toy? Be thankful you don’t have my mom as a baby sitter then her living room gets full with toys and she even plays hide and seek with my kids :rofl: what a bad babysitter she is. When does parenting or taking care of a child come with instructions??

10 Likes

Well you’re a C U next Tuesday aren’t ya

10 Likes

Get over yourself she is his grandma not his minder. I have looked after 8 grandchildren and now a gr8 grandchild a part from food or health my family have always trusted me

3 Likes

I do childcare for my sister. She has never made these stupid demands. She’s said stuff like “we are taking the dummy off him so try not to give him it”. I had him on long muddy walks, we go to play groups, the park, feed to ducks, go around shops. I cherish that time and he happy runs into my house shouting wowwwwwwww every single day.
I wouldn’t tolerate you making demands. Even when I do childcare for social services which is paid I do not get demands like that. The carer will say oh can you wash their hair in the morning etc. But that’s it.

I think you are being unreasonable. I think she is spending time with her grandson and as long as he is fed, watered, entertained and happy you should never dictate like that. Loosen the reins with your boy a little. You won’t be able to control daycare/school like that either

7 Likes

This comment section did not pass the vibe check. You are not in the wrong. It is your child therefore you expect things to be done your way. That doesn’t make you entitled, petty, ungrateful or any of the things they listed above. My mom is also the only person to ever watch our children and in the beginning I literally would write an itinerary just so she knew time frames, what he liked didn’t like, etc. bc I had so much anxiety leaving him but she was the only person I trusted. We still laugh about it to this day bc it was two pages and it’s now a keepsake :rofl: I have three children now and there is no such thing. Lol
Anyways, she followed it and did things just like I would’ve done or wanted her to do. Not because she couldn’t care for him, obv she could, she raised me and my brother. But she did it out of RESPECT for me as HIS MOTHER.
Lmao everyone else couldn’t be me, no one is just going to have a free for all with my children. I expect rules to be followed, etc. You aren’t the devil bc you want your child to be engaged with.

10 Likes

Children can learn and thrive just as well with grandparents and a non-rigid schedule. Enjoying time with grandparents/elders is so much more important than learning puzzles at a young age :heart:

But, if it’s causing drama and I’ll feelings, best to put him in daycare full time. Reduce the stress on you and grandma.

9 Likes

Everyone is acting like the Grandma is doing it for free out of the kindness of her heart. She is doing it because she wanted to retire early and she is getting paid for doing it. If the mother is paying her then she definitely has the right to set reasonable requirements/expectations. It not like she has a minute by minute schedule set.

7 Likes

So rude of you, hire a nanny or au pair then throw demands around…not cool

1 Like

im sorry but she has raised children and you havent so maybe respect her knowledge on what to do

4 Likes

That kid will need his grandma one day so will you

3 Likes

I would do full time

Yikes. I feel so bad for that lady… i would have giving you more then 'bad looks" i would have giving you an ear full!

5 Likes

Also good luck with daycare they ain’t going to give your child to love that she gives them and they can’t pay attention to one child to your demands

5 Likes

Get a grip and stop being petty. Poor mother in law.

6 Likes

Some people don’t have MILS to watch their children so that they can go back to work! Be grateful she has even been there from the get-go! You want daycare, pay for it.

11 Likes

Wow. You are definitely TA. Your poor MIL to have to put up with that shit for you to pay her GAS money to get there and back :rofl: yeah, you’re definitely helping out that retirement fund. Wtf. Even if she “wanted to retire early”, she could have done so without offering to take care of your kid for free and get bitched at/about, over literal toys and “the most disrespectful LOOK”. I say put him in daycare so she doesn’t have to deal with you anymore, but I feel bad for her and your child because they probably have a lovely bond with each other, spending all that time together, and her simply doing it out of love for him, regardless of how her “boss” treats her. Good luck with DAYCARE spending one on one time with your kid all day and playing with your one toy on the floor, interacting with him constantly, following all of YOUR rules and schedules, and giving him even half of the attention and care that she is - and paying astronomical costs to do so.

Umm child care will not follow your instructions, you will follow theirs instructions and policies,unless dietary or illness! Be grateful!!! Jeezus!

4 Likes

Yep…you need to put the child in full time daycare… you have turned into momzilla. Your husband wants to quit because you are abusing his mother. Get a grip…or your baby will get kicked out of daycare because of you being unreasonable…but that is probably the only way you will learn.

15 Likes