Am I crazy to want to marry someone I met 3 months ago?

Am I crazy to wnt to marry someone that I just met (kinda) we met 3 months ago and have spent every day since then together…neither of us have kids so its just us and things just feel right with him…every day feels magical…i think he is going to ask me to marry him…but ami crazy?

168 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I crazy to want to marry someone I met 3 months ago?

What’s the rush, enjoy each other’s company!!! :wink:

7 Likes

3 months is entirely too soon, in my opinion.

4 Likes

I met a guy, told him I loved him about a week later and we were inseparable.

Its been 16 wonderful years :heart:

3 Likes

Get to know the person first, you are still in the honeymoon stage, it’s always amazing in the beginning! Don’t rush and take your time

7 Likes

It’s ok to want to marry them but live with each other for a while first

7 Likes

I mean, when you know, you know.
However, there is no need to rush. Even if he were to ask you to marry him, and you said yes, there’s no need to rush into a marriage just yet.
Take your time to enjoy one another and get to know each other more deeply.

6 Likes

They are always amazing in the beginning :smirk:

3 Likes

I’d wait a while longer and really get to know each other. Things can start coming up and year or two or more into a relationship.

2 Likes

I met a guy week later told him I love him let him move in with me we got married at 4 months and all together still going strong

Just hold off on the wedding. Have a long engagement. Do a background check.

6 Likes

Not crazy at all. My husband and I met in December, got engaged in May and got married in august. We have 2kids and a grandson. This year will be out 23rd anniversary. Sometimes you just know

1 Like

It’s okay to want to marry them, but live with them first for awhile.

1 Like

Married after 3 months and 16 years together

1 Like

My hubby asked me to marry him after 1 month together, we have been together almost 13 years now and have 4 kids together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: when you know, YOU KNOW :heart:

2 Likes

Hahaha yes you are insane

I felt the same way with my husband, we got engaged month and half after dating. Married a year and a half later.

Y’all are in the “honeymoon “ phase. I say wait at least a year or maybe even 2 to make sure it lasts

3 Likes

I dated my husband for 3 months before we got engaged and we saw each other every single day… we got married 6 months after we were engaged and will be celebrating our 9th anniversary this coming year bh!! Engaged doesn’t mean married it means commitment to marry someone… you can have months between until the wedding!!

8 Likes

I did we still together 5 yrs a son

Don’t do it. If it’s the real thing, taking your time won’t hurt anything. If it’s not the real thing, rushing can ruin your life.

6 Likes

My now husband asked me a month into dating, got married a year in, celebrating 5 years married next week…

When you know, you know :smirk:

8 Likes

Give you guys more time. Of knowing each other if u don’t u will find out eventually down line weather belong together or not don’t rush

Isn’t this a group for moms?

4 Likes

My husband dates a month, got engaged for 4 months and been married for 32 years. :heart:

6 Likes

Yall haven’t have time to go thru anything. 3 months in is the honey moon phase where everything is great. You don’t know a person at all in 3 months. Buts that’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

I married after I knew him for 6 days.
We had been married for 49 years and 5 months. He passed away last November. DESTINY. I wish all the best.

8 Likes

We moved in after 3 months, married at 6 months…just celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary…

6 Likes

I met my now husband July last year (wasn’t single so it was a friend thing) and then in September I got tired of my EXs shit and left and in October I was seeing now husband, by December we got engaged and 2/22/22 we got married. Due to have a baby in September:)

That was my story, and we’ve been happily married since 2016 with two amazing kids. We’re strong and love eachother deeply. These things absolutely happen.

5 Likes

I would not ask a man to marry me. I mean I had the same feelings with my husband like I knew he was the one but there was so much to learn and that I still learn about him. So I’d say wait at least a year. Let the chemicals in your brain fizzle down a bit lol

Yes tour crazy true colors come out after 2 years. If you love Jim and if you love yourself more you’ll wait.

1 Like

If I had done that I’d be living with his girlfriend taking care of them and their child while he beats me up emotionally (not physically but kinda wished it was so I’d leave sooner)

1 Like

Met and married within 6 months celebrating 25 yrs this year

2 Likes

My husband asked me 6 months after we got married we got married a year and a half into our relationship and have been married almost 4 years in September

1 Like

?Lmao :rofl: ur kidding right ? I can’t…Lmao

Have you ever heard of “Love Bombing?”

1 Like

Yes. It’s the honeymoon period it’s ment to be like that. Don’t rush things

Yeah you’re crazy. Live life together. See how that goes.

Met my hubby Dec15th, had my engagement ring Jan7th and we married Feb2nd and we just celebrated 42 year anniversary. When it’s right its right

7 Likes

Time is nothing. I dated my ex husband for two years, we married and divorced after 3 years. I met my now husband and we were married within a year and have been together now for 17 years. If you feel it’s right, go for it :heart:

2 Likes

Nobody can tell you if it’s a good idea or not. Me and my hubs new after a few months but waited for 2 years to get engaged and happily married 6 so far. There’s no rush tho! Get engaged if you want and then enjoy your time being engaged for a year or 2!

3 Likes

Yes yes you absolutely are

1 Like

:person_shrugging: if u know u know only u know Me on the other hand IAM live with them for a good year first cause when ya live together u learn everything about them u don’t know crap about this man he could be wanted in another country he could have kids and wives all over the world I would wait in my opinion I also over think things lol

1 Like

Idk. I’m a terrible judge. I got matching soulmate tattoos and moved myself and my kids in with my boyfriend & his kids when we’d been dating like mayyybe a week. THANK GOD it worked out. :rofl: We’ve been together 7 years. Lol

4 Likes

All of the people in our family have met and married within 6 mos. It really is a crap shoot, especially if no kids are involved go for it girl. Ya never know!

nowadays, you got all kinds of messed up people running around, you don’t know each other after 3 months, so don’t rush into anything serious, not even living together until maybe after a year

4 Likes

We got married 3 weeks after meeting. 11+ years so far

1 Like

3 months is when the real person comes out both ends

2 Likes

If your worried about it being crazy have a long engagement. You don’t have to get married as soon as you get engaged. My husband and I met when I was 16 barley knew eachother got together when I was 18 spent every day together and we were engaged in 2 months. Welcomed our first kid a month before our 1 year and we’ve been together for 8 years married for 6 years. Sometimes your just know.

1 Like

You don’t really know someone’s true self until about 2 years into it. Just my personal experience.

3 Likes

My husband proposed after 3 months, married after 8 months and will be married 7 years in November. It hasn’t been easy but I’d do it again!

1 Like

No you aren’t crazy! I married my husband after only dating 3 months. We have been married for 18 yrs and counting!!

4 Likes

Do a long engagement

3 Likes

My husband asked me after 3 weeks. 4 kids 14 years later.

Have you ever had a dramatically failed relationship before? Like, felt like it was totally right and then realized that you were looking at it through blinders?

If not, then yes, you’re crazy. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I mean, my husband and I had a honeymoon booked 4 weeks after our 1st date, a date set within 3 but we didn’t actually marry until 10 months after our 1st date. Been married just over a year and couldn’t be happier

Yes. You don’t even know this person. Yeah, some people are going to state it worked for them, but you must remember how rare that is. Everything usually seems great at first. In a few years, go for it when you mostly truly know each other. If it’s real, waiting won’t hurt.
And no, you do not just know when it’s right or if the person is like people stated. You are simply going off of hope.

1 Like

Me and my ex got married after being together 10 days. We split right at 4 years. Take your time. Me and my guy now have been together 7 months. Got engaged last month and are planning on getting married in December.

Nope! I met my husband in November 2001, engaged in January 2002 & married in November 2002 & 20!years later. You know when it’s right

A few years ago I was in the same place as you , so happy ready to marry the guy. A friend of one said to me wait at least a year and a half to decide because right now you are in what’s called the honeymoon stage of your relationship , sure enough around the 7th month his true self came out and it took me four months to get out of the relationship a police report and another city to get away from him completely.
Word of advice wait a year band a half , take a trip together see how they react under pressure of life first :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes. Wait. There are far too many dangerous people. This could be love bombing by a narcissist. Proceed with caution. Always.

5 Likes

It takes 2 to 4 years to really get to know someone.

Got married after 10 months…on year 6… do what your heart tells you…

It’s your life but I believe in living together for a while first but it could be a perfect match

You can live together. You can get a ring. You can celebrate yourselves. You don’t have to rush to be legally tied to another person. I understand the love and the want to but maybe hold off on getting married. No need to do that right now. This is the same advice I would give to my little sister or my best friend. Just love with them for a minute and be sure. Again, no need to rush. Getting divorced is a lot harder than getting married or just breaking up and having to move all your stuff. Take it slow and enjoy those early relationship lovey dovey feelings.

3 Likes

Nope. You know when you know. I’m going on 4 years of marriage. My wife and I reconnected after 10 years and knew within 24 hours we’d be married. Here we are. This is the BEST relationship I’ve ever been in and I couldn’t be happier. :heart:

5 Likes

No not crazy but give it at least a year to settle

Yes… Lol… I mean no… But yes… Definitely need time to really make sure a person is who they claim to be. I understand those floaty feelings. But people are not always what they seem. I wanted to marry this man within 8 months. I just had to get an order of protection against him for threatening to bash my skull in for not accepting and letting it slide that he most likely cheated on me. Take your time. There is no need to rush.

1 Like

Sometimes the heart works that fast. Do what you feel is right and don’t worry about anything or anyone else.

I married my husband after 6 months of dating, while he was in the navy and we have now been married 22 years ! If feels right just go with it , only you 2 know how yall feel :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Timeline it’s different for everyone. You’re not crazy.

1 Like

I met my husband one august, we started dating in the September, were engaged that November, and then married that July. We are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary this Saturday. Buttttt we have both been in serious relationships so when ya know ya know :woman_shrugging:

Yes. You are very crazy

I married at 3 ish months and today we celebrate our 25th anniversary…….what is there to lose ….Good luck

1 Like

I met my fiancé January 8th,he asked me to marry him on January 18th! He got deployed overseas in February and we will marry when he gets back home.He’s 38 and I’m 51. I love him more than anything in this world and he loves me the same! Opinions are like assholes,everybody’s got one!!! Do what you feel in your heart!! Good luck!!!:four_leaf_clover:

I wouldn’t rush into marriage.date, live together but hold off on getting married until you get to know him better.

Just be aware it takes at least a year to truly know someone

2 Likes

We been together 22 yrs an still not ready

1 Like

3 months is not long enough to know what he is really like …. Have you seen the worst of him ? Has he seen the worst of you ? These are the things you need to see befor considering marriage

1 Like

Please for the love of everything wait

Make sure you can live with him first!! Lol there is no measure for love, but I wouldn’t rush isn’t marriage. Start off with a promise ring.

Yes. Absolutely. 100%…marriage is just legal now and makes it harder to get out of it. You can be faithful and happy forever if u want without a marriage. You can even have a ceremony to commit yourselves to each other without making things “legal and complicated”

Moved in with someone after 3 weeks. Married at 8 weeks. Lasted 9 months

You only live once ! In the military it’s perfectly normal to get married quickly in our culture!

My husband and I have been together for almost 7 years. We moved in together and got engaged after 3 months. It’s not crazy when it feels right. 🫶🏻 you only live once. So why not spend it with people who make everyday better :heart:

1 Like

That’s what my husband and I did. Now we’ve been together for 7 years with 4 beautiful babies happy as could be.

My grandparents married after a few months together, they’re still together almost 50 years later. :two_hearts::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Be VERY careful. Go ahead & get engaged, but don’t get married for at LEAST a year. It takes time for the demons to come out, leaving is hard & divorce is expensive. Especially if he is rushing through the relationship (someone called it “love bombing”), there’s usually a nefarious reason for it. Make sure he isn’t married. Definitely do a background check, also ask to see his bank statements. Is he after your financial as well as physical assets? Check his employment history (don’t just take his word for anything). How is it he has all this time to spend with you? It pays to be suspicious. If it all checks out, great, but if not, then you know.

11 Likes

I starting Dating my man, He asked me out, we got along. He asked me to move in a month later. I am still here 25 years later.

1 Like

My husband and I met and got engaged 1.5mths later, happily married 4.5yrs. 2nd marriage for both

Honeymoon phase is amazing in relationships. New and interesting yet still so much to learn. I’d give it at least a year. They say you actually don’t know someone until about 3 yrs but I have met people that married fast and lasted many many years. Love or lust. Only the two of you can decide and find out

5 Likes

My husband and I were only together 4 1/2 months before we got married. We’ll be married 8 years in October🤍

Well …you could be with him for 10 yrs before marriage and end up divorcing a month later or you could run to the alter and last 50 yrs together. I would say move in together first for at least 6 mths

1 Like

Honeymoon period amazing not 2 yrs after to early u don’t no him

Why rush it just enjoy what you have now n see where it goes after the honeymoon period ends. :butterfly:

3 Likes

Get to know him first,they easily can look good ,say and do whatever they think you want to hear but can’t hide the truth for too long,I’d give it at least a yr before accepting a proposal,then minimum if 6 months before actually getting married and do a prenup.Maybe no kids involved best to protect yourself,what you’ve worked hard for.jmo

2 Likes

Moved in with my husband 2 weeks after we started dating, engaged after 3 months and married 2 days shy of our one year anniversary. We have now been together 6 years and married 5 and are expecting our first baby. We couldn’t be happier. Started in a little apartment with nothing. Now own our own home, toys, camper, have good jobs etc. You will know it when it comes along.

3 Likes

My husband and I met in June, engaged in October, married the following June and still happily married 17 years later