Am I crazy to want to marry someone I met 3 months ago?

Hubby and I met and married within 5 months, been married now 7 1/2 years.
My parents were married within 5 months of meeting and have been married 42 years.

Depends. Have y’all had the big important convos yet?

2 Likes

I’m 20 years into my marriage, I had to wait to turn 18 so we could get married or we would have sooner. Lol

Do you girl! If you wanna get married. Go get married.

1 Like

Didn’t bother to read the whole thing… yes you’re crazy for wanting to marry someone after 3 months.

1 Like

You do what makes you (and him) happy, and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise!

I met and married my husband inside of 3 months. We have a happy, healthy, loving marriage.

1 Like

Enjoy what you have right now and don’t rush it

I say go for it. I’ve been with the same man since 2017 we have 3 kids together and we’re still not married :unamused::unamused::unamused:

Idc what anyone says. Living together vs staying at each others houses is soooo different. You have no idea who that man is.

I did this, and I felt the same way. Thankfully didn’t get married but he lived with my son and I. I trusted it even more and thought it was safe b/c he was my friends step brother. It wasn’t fine. He ended up being physically abusive towards JUST me.

Do not do this. Trust me sweetheart. Do not do this

1 Like

My daughter got married 3 months after meeting her husband. This year they will be married 19 years! If it feels right in your heart, go for it!!!

Slow down is all I can say :100:

1 Like

When you know, you know. :woman_shrugging: I knew I wanted to marry my husband 6 months into the relationship. We were engaged at 9 months, and married at 1 year together.

You’re in the honeymoon phase. I would wait a year or so to really figure out if you really want to marry someone after 3 months.

1 Like

Long engagement…
Marry in haste, repent in leisure…

Married my husband after 4months. :woman_shrugging:t2: still together a yr and a half later. So far so good. I’ve been with people for years and couldn’t marry them. Met him and new instantly

Personally, I’d just enjoy this time but not make any long term decisions just yet…
it’s the “honeymoon phase” it’s a stage that most relationships go through,
Don’t get me wrong, This guy could be the one but it’s still so early, there’s still so much to learn about each other before making lifelong commitments just yet.

10 Likes

“neither of us have kids”
What are you doing asking this group for advice?

2 Likes

No you aren’t crazy. Your feelings are valid. There is no reason to rush into it even though you feel like this though. Time is the true tester.

Crazy? Maybe, but only you know if it’s in a good way. As for some things to think about, have the big convos. I’m talking life long, kids, what happens when you’re sick, comfort level, sex, boundaries, your views on life and what you want/expect. Most people don’t do this until they are already in long term relationships and sometimes you find out you don’t match. Also I’d suggest living together for a year personally because that’s a whole different ball game. You can get engaged at any point it doesn’t have to be married right away. Enjoy each other and life. Whatever you BOTH choose it’s yalls life!!!

This sounds much like me and my husband. We got engaged 3 months after we started dating and then married 4 months after that. We’ve been inseparable since our 1st date, it was an instant connection. We’ve now been together for 15 years; he’s the absolute love of my life and we’re incredibly happy. If you guys want it, it’s yours to have and take care of so it grows.

5 Likes

When you know, you know. I knew I wanted to marry my husband the moment I met him. A month after we finally met (we were LDR), we moved in together. We’re married and have a daughter now. Almost 5 years :heart:

3 Likes

Yes.
Wait 3 years. If things don’t change by then you will probably be compatible.

1 Like

My husband and I started dating in October 2018, we was married by July 2019. Since then we’ve added two new additions to our family. We are coming up on our 3 year wedding anniversary. When you know you know!

I mean it definitely happens, it’s not for everyone though so really think about it and make sure it’s right for you. I know if I married the man I wanted to 3 months after we met and got together I’d be happily divorced long ago. In fact if I married everyone I wanted to I’d be divorced 3 times, all because I didn’t really think about it I just thought about my stupid feelings.

At the same time though if I married my husband 3 months after I met him it had been one of my best decisions. So really think about it, and think about him make sure there’s no red flags being covered by rose glasses. If all flags are green and you feel it’s right for you as a person then go for it!

I was with my partner for 3 months when he asked me to marry him. I have 3 girls we moved in together a year later. 3 years on and we are still very happy

2 Likes

I met my husband in February and married in November and we’re on year 21. Everyone is different but I would suggest living together for a while to get used to who you are as a unit together. Really no one can tell you either way though. You know what you want. What is good for others or their experiences don’t necessarily mean anything to you and your situation. Follow your gut. Your gut never lies.

8 Likes

Your feelings are yours to have. Congratulations on being so happy and in love! Marriage is a big deal not to be entered into lightly. If you’re so in love and happy, why rush? Maybe go ahead and get engaged if that’s the way its feeling BUT maybe wait a year and then start planning the wedding for a year after that. Enjoy a longer engagement! You’ll have time to really get to know each other that way.

I got pregnant by my husband (it was planned :sweat_smile:) after only knowing him for 3 months then got married 6 months into our relationship. We’ve been together 4 years now. I wouldn’t change how anything happened.

3 Likes

My husband and I dated 3 months and married, was married 53 years till he passed, would do.it all over again but you have to work at a marriage and you grow stronger.with God

7 Likes

My Husband and I dated 3 months and then decided to elope… We just celebrated 27 years together. I have friends who dated people for years, got married and divorced within 5 years… I don’t believe the amount of time you date has any bearing on how happy your marriage will be.

2 Likes

Too soon! Please wait.

Don’t have kids anytime soon please

If you plan the date for 2 years out sure why not
But it takes 2 years to know someone

2 Likes

Nope. I married my hubs after 2 months. When you know, you know. Good luck & have fun! Life is too short! And yes. Still together. 2 kids and 14 years later.

3 Likes

IUKUK!! You only live once, GO FOR IT GIRL!!

My husband and I met in May moved in together in October, then engaged the next may been together 12 years now

4 Likes

Got together in October, engaged in December… married in March. And I wouldn’t change it for the world. When you know, you know :wink::heart:

1 Like

Crazy no a little irrational maybe but your heart wants what it wants and you know that you’re happiest together. Everyone’s love story is different and that’s the beauty of it. As long as you feel he is the one the only crazy thing would be to not enjoy yourselves and love each other. Do what feels right for you.

Honestly girl, I mean if you want a “realistic” answer then yes it’s too soon, but also who cares? You get one life, live it up how you want while you’ve got it, worst case scenario is y’all don’t make it to the wedding day and then you don’t even have to deal with a divorce cost​:tipping_hand_woman:t3:, if you want to say yes, say yes! You can always change your mind later :sparkles:

Yeah. Take you time. I just moved in with my gf of two years. I’ve known her 28 years we grew up as neighbors and stayed the night all kinds of shit. We still had a couple of fights when we decided to move in together, but having established boundaries already, communication, and weren’t together every day but most of the week- we grew to understand one another. You should do that, because hubby this too shall pass.

You don’t really know someone until after 2 years of knowing them. Just wait.

1 Like

Follow your heart don’t know how long you might have together loving you loving it’s right you know just be all I’m going to say is just be careful but follow your heart I lost the love of my life two and a half years ago now and it was a rocky road but I would not have missed it for the world

Give it some time to get to know each other a bit longer.

Marriage is a joke don’t do it

2 Likes

Yes very crazy!! Telling you from experience.

I say yes and no.
I met my husband April married July found out was pregnant with first kid august.
I would say together a year then get engaged go from there you may find somethings about each other that you dont like and one or the other doesnt want to change

2 Likes

If you’re sure and this is right don’t miss anytime without him

What’s your previous dating history like? Is this a completely new thing, or do you often move fast? Sometimes you just know, and that’s okay…I know couple who’ve gotten married or moved in together super fast and stayed together.

I moved in with my husband after only having met him 4 months prior. We were together for 5 years when we became engaged, and 8 years when we actually tied the knot. We’ve now been together for almost 22 years. I wouldn’t change any of it. We jumped into living together quickly, then took our time to get married.

1 Like

Yes. Of course it’s magical. It’s only been 3 months it should be… But even the most horrible, unstable person can be amazing and fool you for 3 months.I had an ex who could maintain and be amazing for 6 months at a time before his true colors would show through but if kids arent involved you are only risking hurting yourself. :person_shrugging: My husband of 15 yrs came with a background check because he worked at the police department…I still did not marry him for 3 years because I had a child from a previous relationship.

5 Likes

You are in the throws of the 90 day euphoria. It is a high like no other. Slow down and return to reality. The things you are intrigued with will begin to annoy you. Do not be impulsive.

9 Likes

Go for it everything is a 50/50 chance

I married my husband 3months from the day we met… been married 11+ years now

1 Like

Have you looked Into his finances and background? Why rush?

5 Likes

Married my husband a little over a month after we started dating. I knew he was the one. Still in love and married over 11 years later :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I personally know quite a few people that rushed to get married and are still married. I know people that dated for years and got married and are divorced. So I really think it has to do with your maturity level and both of your views on marriage 

2 Likes

Have you ever seen Dirty John?!!!

2 Likes

Idk, really only u would know, but 1 thing I do know is its Much Much harder to get Divorced than it is to get married!! If your 2 crazy kids that are in Love-why not???:heart:

1 Like

My parents only dated 3 months before being married and they were together 63 years before my mama passed. Do what you feel is right.

3 Likes

My wife and I talked on the phone for 6 weeks before she showed up to visit. She never left. We were engaged three months in. We got married 2 years ago. We’re celebrating 7 years together this October. Sometimes you just know.

2 Likes

I would do a background check but I only knew my husband for a month before he proposed in November 2001 but we didn’t get married until June 2003 . 19 years and 3 kids later!!

Go for it!!! Who gets to decide this for you but you! You only live once. If things don’t work out. It’s a hell of a kick ass story to tell!!!

I knew my husband just 3 months when we married. We lasted 49 years until he died.

5 Likes

Yes your crazy give it time what’s the rush to get married?

3 Likes

Crazy…no. But have you met his family, how does he treat his momma, how does he handle finances, how do you handle finances, what does he for see the future to hold, does that align with your dreams/goals, does he have debt, do you have debt, have you seen him get angry, how do you each handle conflict… lots of questions you should discuss prior to putting a ring on it. Like a one previously mentioned, it’s harder to get divorced than married. But when you know, you know

6 Likes

I knew 11 days after we first hung out that he was it for me. I just knew, everything felt right. I would’ve married him on the spot, but as life has it, a bunch of crap happened, including his meddling family, and I knew he had a lot of emotional maturity to catch up on. We split up and it’s been 4 years since that first day together. Today actually is the anniversary of our first hangout.

We haven’t talked in a year and a half, last time he tried in January I told him that he still needed to get his shit together and to leave me alone until he’s ready to walk away from his terribly toxic nasty family.

We’re meant to be, just not that first summer we hung out 4 years ago. I had healing to do, but he had the bulk of crap to work thru and it’s been the most painful wait in my life as I continue living my life while he’s fixing himself.

You can absolutely know you want to marry someone right off the bat, but it takes time to get emotionally and spiritually ready to have a healthy relationship.

Good luck :hugs:

You never “really” know someone until you

1. see them grieving
  2. see them lose something they worked hard for
  3. you watch them gain financially

I’d tread lightly before committing to anyone after three mos :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

If you have to ask you already know the answer .

1 Like

I got married the first time after 3 months and was married 14 years. He has passed away. I got married after 6 months the second time and have married for 5 years. I don’t think you’re crazy.

2 Likes

Just because u spend all ur time together don’t mean u actually know them

1 Like

Sit in rush hour traffic for at least an hour with him first :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Met my husband on July 2 married on July 30th just 29 days after meeting for first time that was 57 years ago and still married

5 Likes

Oh. This is just the honeymoon phase

4 Likes

No it’s not! When you know you know! When I first saw my boyfriends picture before even meeting him in person I knew!!! He was the one! And I’ve never been married before either of ever felt that way. So go for it!!

1 Like

I met my husband in Feb by May I knew I wanted to marry him, by Sept we started planning our wedding. I was 37, he was 39. Our families freaked out and begged us to wait (he had been married prior and much of our relationship was long distance). We waited almost two years trying to make everyone happy. In hindsight, we wish we would have just eloped. We’ve been together 17.5 years. Married 15 years.

1 Like

Married after 6 months, 1st baby just over a year after that. This Sept it’ll be 19 years.

2 Likes

How old are you and have either of you been married before? Have you met his family and friends?

Moved in with my bf after 3 months. I would have married him. Just celebrated 9yrs together and 5yrs married. When you know you know.

“neither of us has kids”…why are you even posting here?

2 Likes

Get to know his family. I know your going to say I’m not marrying his family but in reality you are. The family is important to most people and your husband needs to be on your side. Only way to find out is to hang around them. Have a long engagement maybe ? But definitely stop in your track about marriage. A responsible person will take his time. Definitely hold of on getting pregnant. It’s your life but I’m speaking from experience from me and several others

1 Like

What have you got to lose, life’s short enjoy it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

None of us know your situation you only live once do whatever you please !

My mother got married the first time after 6 weeks. It lasted 3 years. The second time after 4 weeks. It has lasted 55 years.

2 Likes

Most marriages that last long, happen fast. All the ones I personally know of at least. I wouldn’t worry about what people think or society’s standards on what is normal or not. Half these people saying it’s too soon aren’t even in relationships or are being cheated on probably lmao

no!! i got married to my now husband within a month of getting to know him i say when you know you know. we been together now for all most 2 years and going strong. I say do what your heart wants

Pregnant at 6 months married at 9 months this year will be 6 yrs married! Best thing I ever did was kept folks meaning friends and family out of my relationship and did what I felt was right! Best decision I’ve ever made

No i Metro someone and knew 2 weeks in married 2 months later eloped and been married 1 yr 3 months have a 2 month old baby and it’s been the best year of my life time means nothing

Yes, it’s kinda crazy. This coming from someone who married my husband 6 months after meeting and 3 months after living together. It was reckless and impulsive. At the same time, somehow we just knew. It was weird. We were both in a very long term relationship before meeting and neither of us considered marriage much with our exes… but for some reason we both very badly wanted to spend our lives together. I’ll admit, it hasn’t been perfect or easy all the time but it’s still an amazing relationship and we have been able to work through everything. I’m so happy we got married but I wouldn’t recommend it lol. Been married for 4 years now almost 5 years together

Why rush?

You in a hurry to get a government piece of paper?

You’re not crazy - you’re likely infatuated. You may well love the guy, but you need to give it more time to see how things feel once the magic fades.

1 Like

What’s the rush? Wait and see how you feel after the initial lust has worn off and reality kicks in

I’d just make sure this isn’t love bombing or trauma bonding. Also, it can feel amazing and right and you guys can move in together right away and not need a legally binding document to explore your serious commitment to each other

3 Likes

I mentioned my husband and probably with in about a months time ,we married going on 8 years now I wouldn’t change it for the world

My parents knew each other for 6 months before they got married. They’ll be married for 36 years in October.
I feel like if he’s the right guy time is in your favor and you can explore your relationship and go through some things and see if you still feel the same way.

My son’s father is a narcissist with borderline personality disorder, after being with a woman for 3 months was “engaged” to her and flat out told me, “She hasn’t even met the real me yet”…It took 6 months for him to turn into a monster. It takes time for someone to show their true colors. Not saying everyone is this way, but just be cautious.

6 Likes

No! I married a man with 3 children from 2 different women, he is my world, my stepchildren are amazing. We are going on 16 years together and wouldn’t have it any other way. And now have a grandbaby coming

My husband proposed after 2 weeks. We got married a year and a half later. When you know you know… we’ve been happy for 12 1/2 years so far… :blush: knock on wood.

1 Like

I promise you do not truly know someone after only three months. Anyone can keep up the magical facade that long. Like someone above said beware that this isn’t love bombing or trauma bonding.

2 Likes

Only 3 months ummm your relationship is still fairly new you need to wait a bit longer. 3 months is not nearly enough time to truly get to know someone.

Have you farted near him yet? If not, you’d better wait. :joy:

8 Likes