Am I overreacting?

Definitely not tell him to man up

Not overreacting at all. It’s hurtful to be left out. Especially when it’s your kids. The biggest problem here isn’t his parents In my opinion. It’s his and the lack of loyalty to your family as a whole.
If he can’t take a stand for something so important then it sounds like it’s not important to him at all. And you have to wonder if this is what you want for your kids and your family.

7 Likes

My daughter is 4 years old and my in laws hasnt seen her and they dont even try to see her , the most important part is my daughter is their only grandchild. So if they dont want to see your kids just act like they dont exist.

1 Like

You say YOUR kids alot. Maybe try saying Our kids, Our Children, their Grandchildren. My step daughter maybe forget the step and say daughter. I honestly think something fishy is happening. Would like to hear their side of the story…

3 Likes

Your boyfriend is a POS if he allows this and thinks it’s ok, your the mother of his 2 children and he needs to grow some balls and tell his parents that if you and his other children aren’t welcome there that he is cutting all ties. He’s being very disrespectful to you. And your just as bad for allowing yourself and your children to be treated this way. Stand up for yourself or get rid of him, this is so disgusting

Be careful who ya getting knocked up by

1 Like

Frigg no you’re not. And ur hubby is a butthole for allowing it

Your man is worthless. I would NEVER put up with no shit.like that. Your.kids.and you deserve better

You can complain, bitch and cry . Bottom line, it’s his fault. If he objects they will change, if not YOUR battle is lost. He’s spineless

sounds like no one wants to deal with you at all

3 Likes

Why are you still there? There’s better out there for you and your kids!

Make the first move and invite them to dinner. Give them ample opportunity to show their true colors. If they come, be a gracious host, especially in front of the children. If they decline without a monumentally good reason, the he needs to be a man and tell them that it’s all of the kids or none of the kids. In this scenario, he absolutely can not say that you are the problem. Good luck!

1 Like

You already know the answer… just do it! Your kids will thank you later :wink: They would already be picking up on his choosing to play favourites & the vibes between everyone.

1 Like

The fact you stay with this man says more about you then the post about his parents not seeing your kids and you are showing your kids it is ok.

3 Likes

You are not the problem he is

1 Like

You should all be invited …if not he should be with you…

1 Like

Kick him to the curb he has no respect for you or your children.

3 Likes

Your BF is the problem!!

1 Like

It’s time for him to go… If all the kids aren’t included and he doesn’t want to step up then he’s the problem

3 Likes

So first off don’t say his daughter yall been together 5 years and yall got 2 others together you are feeding into they are all different now as for that I would tell her myself go to hell they are a package deal and if your man got an issue with that tell him to go to hell too

Ummm no ma’am I couldn’t and wouldn’t put with that BS

5 years 2 kids and he is still just a boyfriend :unamused::disappointed:Well maybe you don’t want to get married but his family probably see you as just a girlfriend and nothing more. I would’ve set boundaries with the first child and if they still didn’t show love to that child I would’ve packed up and left. Since you have 2 I would make it clear that they at least try to not show favoritism. Either he will step up or you may need to leave the entire situation and coparent.

2 Likes

Its a tricky one. Its not fair either way however I don’t think it’s fair to cut ties with your partners daughter and her relationship with her grandparents. I get your trying to protect your kids but as a step mum Why would u want your step daughter not having a relationship with her grandparents who she is obviously close with. Why would u want to hurt your step daughter.

You can stop it with your kids but not the 1 that’s solely his…

Hell to the NO! This guy is the most insulting man I have ever heard about. How can he have a conscience and leave you all at home. Makes me bloody cringe. What a dip shit.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I overreacting? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Yep. And I’m the queen of overreacting but this is a bit much. I can literally think of a 100 things he can be doing that are much worse

24 Likes

I smoke all day everyday and I’m a mom. I don’t think it’s an issue unless it’s preventing him from being a parent, which it sounds like it is try talking to him maybe he will take a tolerance break

21 Likes

You cannot stop him nor really do anything about it only decide if this is something you can live with

1 Like

He could be smoking meth so it’s not worse case Scenario

6 Likes

Helps him deal with a nagging gf

19 Likes

He should probably try a sativa strain, he’s prob smoking indica which can make you like a zombie. I personally don’t see an issue

23 Likes

Shouldn’t be smoking any drugs near kids full stop

13 Likes

I’m a mom and I smoke all day, every day. :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

So what atleast hes home smh

1 Like

Really? It’s weed!
Stop overreacting

7 Likes

you are correct to be concerned, It is a problem He is your BF, leave now, before it gets worst

10 Likes

Ur over reacting I am a smoker and I can tell you I function better than any medication the doctor has given me. Chill out

8 Likes

Leave him. It’s not going to change, been there done that with my ex.

9 Likes

I had an ex like this. He chose weed over me, all the time… so I kicked him to the curb. I don’t care if there’s worse things he could be doing. There is a point where it becomes a problem. And I wouldn’t subject my daughter to it, so I made him leave.

18 Likes

Fuck it hand him some alcohol it’s legal nd morally acceptable :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

Sounds like he doesn’t care too much for your concerns. I’d toss him.

2 Likes

My boyfriend smokes weed lol he takes really good care of the kids either way. He smokes all day everyday too! It helps him to be more patient and I notice it. Nothing wrong honestly it’s better than him smoking some crack or being addicted to alcohol

5 Likes

He may be using it as a coping method for underlying issues within himself?

Leave him alone. I said what I said. Cannabis mom here :raising_hand_woman:t4:

24 Likes

Maybe he can try a nice sativa to put some pep in his step. And if i were you, if ask him if there’s anything he wants to talk about. Seems like he’s escaping something. Or maybe im reading to much into it and smokes weed all day like me.lol good luck

1 Like

Why is he smoking all day? Is he treating symptoms or trying to escape? Is he functional? Would he consider using a different delivery method like edibles or tincture for longer effects with less smoking?

If you don’t agree with cannabis use then don’t be with someone that does use it.

8 Likes

I smoke everyday and multiple times a day. I do my everyday activities effectively with my kids and in my opinion I’m less anxious but more aware… everyone is different

17 Likes

Tell him there the door

Lmfao shut tf up, yes your over reacting

5 Likes

I don’t see it as a problem bc it’s weed. I’d smoke all day everyday if I could afford to as well. But you have to decide for you if it’s smthg you can live with. And if you want to break your family up over weed.

No u are not over reacting. Only smokers would tell it’s ok. It’s not ok to be a zombie or to smoke all the time. Its call an addiction.

14 Likes

Dont be with a smoker if you wanna be extra like that

6 Likes

Giro that’s normal & he functioning jus fine be worried wen he stop cuz u really gonna zone him out

1 Like

Okay…so I dont personally smoke…BUT I know parents who do and are so much more patient and such with their littles. :woman_shrugging:
Not to mention WORK and relationships as well…

All the “pot heads” be happy, eating food…doing their thing like “It is what it is.”

While I’m freaking out over every aspect of life.

Maybe you should try smoking with him more often…:woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

Are you his mom or girlfriend, jeez…

5 Likes

If he’s a functional stoner… I don’t see a problem… but if he’s not doing what he’s supposed to… then he needs help…

I smoke 24/7… I start smoking at 6 am all day long until I go to sleep… I’m a single mother of three… and I do everything I gotta do without a problem

9 Likes

Some people smoke to ease their mental health issues. I know people who have had traumatic upbringings and now smoke weed just like that. Some people will never give up on the pot lol, that I’ve learned over the years. Not sure what you can do besides reconsider the relationship itself.

It’s not the fact that he smokes, it’s the fact he has to stay high throughout the day… if it doesn’t effect his responsibility as a parent, boyfriend, or worker he’s fine… my mother in law does it and functional

Nothing you can do unless you leave.

Lol yea listen to the people saying kick him to the curb that outa fix things right up

2 Likes

Yes you are overreacting calm down. The moment you cross the line to being a person that’s antiweed and not overreacting too overreacting was when you started worrying about him not being able to take care of the kids. There are plenty of us hardcore weed smokers that take care of our kids perfectly fucking find sit down Karen…

It’s weed… Not crack. Chill out.

3 Likes

Also a smoking mom who raised 4 kids successfully. I smoke before I go anywhere including before family stuff. It could be alcohol or pills or meth or heroine. You should relax and be grateful.

8 Likes

Everyone saying it’s not a big deal, stop over reacting, is outrageous to me. It is a concern between their relationship. Not yours. She should be able to talk to him, and if he loves her, he should try coming to an agreement, or atleast try slowing down.

13 Likes

If you’re not comfortable with it and you’re voicing to him that you have concerns about it especially around the kids yet he doesn’t care then that shows he doesn’t respect your feelings or where you are coming from as a parent. Communication is such a huge thing in parenting and relationships and if there isn’t any compromise or understanding then it’s best to walk away because unless both people are willing to respect each other’s feelings it will not get better.

5 Likes

My son father smokes n it don’t stop him from doing what he needs to do . Worry if other stuff he’s using weed is legal in most states now . Many people smoke for pain or other medical problems

5 Likes

Maybe if you smoked all day every day you’ll chill out.

5 Likes

So you cant be addicted to weed however, you can Absolutly be addicted to the habit. He needs other things to fill his time I know this from first hand experince. I smoke daily all day but im still productive if he cant be productive then it would be a problem.

3 Likes

Sounds like an expensive day!

1 Like

You’re a hypocrite. So it’s okay as long as you’re smoking it with him, but when you’re not it’s a problem?

7 Likes

Honestly either your gonna get over it or it’s gonna end y’all.
Be glad it’s not meth and he’s not a dead beat :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

You are definitely over reacting. Long live weed! Maybe you should smoke a little more and calm down. There could be way worse things that he could be addicted too.

7 Likes

You’re overreacting.

1 Like

Yes, you’re overreacting.

2 Likes

Chill it’s just a plant lol

I guess this depends on how he’s acting stoned. I mean, I have met people that smoke and are just absolutely useless. But mostly not. Id lose my patience 50 times a day if I didn’t smoke. Him being “slow” and chill is a zillion times better than a lot of scenarios

3 Likes

honestly if it makes you a calmer person/parent it’s perfectly fine in my opinion. it’s not addictive physically it’s mentally so he’s literally using it for a good reason.

1 Like

I mean I stay high all day too but I’m functional and able to be present, if he’s not able to care for the kids it’s a problem tho.

2 Likes

With all the addictions ppl have right now, weed is the least of your worries! Trust me!!! I know you might be annoyed because your not really a big smoker but pick your battles on this one. If he was drinking or gambling or any other drug I would agree with u but not weed.

3 Likes

You’re way over reacting. Weed does not affect the body the same as other drugs would. You need to chill out.

If you love him, and he enjoys it, light it up

1 Like

That life gets so boring and the non smoker/occasional smoker often feels ignored or alone. Most will dismiss it because it’s just weed but if it’s bringing your mental health down then it’s not worth it. Life is so much better without someone stuck in that rut (speaking from experience). Just my opinion but thought I’d share.

I had a bf of 4 years that was the same way. Finally broke up and didn’t look back. Its been almost 20 years and his life is still.where it was then, if not worse.

I will say this, if he is productive, takes care of his responsibilities and you, maybe a talk about it affects your time together. But, if he is stuck in life and not being a functional adult, get rid him. Your kid doesn’t need that.

1 Like

I don’t smoke as much as I used to now that I’m a single mom and I’m just to busy to but unless it’s disrupting his ability to go to work and take care himself and the kids I don’t see anything wrong with it. I don’t even hear from my son’s dad so it could be worse. It’s just weed lol it’s not like he’s out doing heroin and spending all your money on stupid stuff :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I smoke weed everyday :upside_down_face: I’m actually about to smoke rn before I finish wrapping a bunch of presents before I get my kids from school :joy::joy: I’m a wreck if I don’t though, anxiety, no appetite, intrusive thoughts, like it works wonders for some but, maybe talk with him, sounds like he needs a different strain. Indicas tend to make people mellow and couch logged lol maybe mention him switching to sativas for day time and indicas at night

6 Likes

Mine does the same. It inhibits the way he’s able to care for the house and children. If it’s interfering with safety and health then it’s a problem that needs to be addressed. Just because it’s a plant and not a drug doesn’t make it less of an issue if it’s affecting every day life

1 Like

If it’s his form of medication, let him be. If he smokes that much, he definitely shouldn’t be a zombie since his tolerance should be higher than that. If he cannot function, then yes, he needs to cut back.

1 Like

It’s not a problem. Let it go or let him go.

It sounds like he is over doing it. And that is a bad thing.

I would leave him over it. For my own reasons, but in your scenario, because he’s not respecting how you feel at all. You’re not asking him to stop altogether. Relationships are about compromise. He’s obviously unwilling.

People are saying they are fine doing it, that’s great. But obviously your man is not if you’re saying he turns into a zombie and your worrying about children’s safety.

If he was an alcoholic you would have a problem.

2 Likes

If it makes him a zombie he needs a different strain… time to switch dealers

3 Likes

Yeah been around enough pot smokers to see that they aren’t in any condition to care for a child .ur not over reacting

16 Likes

You are not overreacting. It’s not a healthy habit to get into. There is more things to life than sitting down with a joint or bong and smoking it up.

1 Like

Honestly weed isnt as bad as your making it out to be it’s a plant. Be grateful he isnt hooked on heroin or meth!

6 Likes

My boyfriend is the same been together 3 & half years I don’t smoke it but he looks after my kids I work nights & he smokes it all day everyday I don’t think it’s an issue that he’s smoking it for me it’s the issue of money constantly having to provide him the money to smoke it! Yea my kids yea my choice to stay with him but I didn’t know he smokes it when we got together he hid it from me for a while & by the time I knew I had already fallen for him!

1 Like

You’re all missing the point…if he were a functional smoker I doubt it would be an issue. It’s the fact that he seems NOT functional and it’s his constant that seems to be the problem. I wouldn’t want someone like that around my kids either. If somone is functional or better for using it, than that’s perfectly fine. He doesn’t seem to be.

8 Likes

If he’s been doing this way before you two got together then you either need to deal with it or leave him. I’m not gonna say you’re overreacting but it wouldn’t be fair to try and force him to stop when it’s something you knew coming into the relationship and if you’re not happy with it then you deserve to be somewhere you are happy.