Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed?

CallšŸ‘šŸ¼youršŸ‘šŸ¼doctoršŸ‘šŸ¼
OMGā€¦ I have 5 kids and had my tubes tied 6 years ago after my youngestā€¦ This has always been a huge fear of mineā€¦ I too, am a Fertile Myrtle!!

2 Likes

In this case, see a doctor, that sounds like a problem. If nothing else, pregnancy might be a good outcome. Although I feel like thatā€™s a bit miraculous, if you have no tubes, at all.

I had a Tubal Ligation 10 years ago, after my 4th and I am always scared Iā€™m pregnant. Itā€™s hard after being pregnant for almost 10years to just lose that fear. I know I could also have an ectopic pregnancy, which scares me even more. So if I come up pregnant, Iā€™m definitely rushing to the doctor.

When people ask if Iā€™m having more kids I always say ā€œGod willing and the tubes untie.ā€

I know someone that had hers burned and tired but 10 years later was pregnant with twins. You gotta go see your doctor

2 Likes

James Brannon this would be our luck! :sob:

1 Like

I have my tubes tied up after I had my now 3 year old. About a year later found out I was pregnant went to the ER the last day of school right as the pandemic started shutting stuff down and found out not only was I pregnant after getting my tubes tied but I was in the process of a missed miscarriage as well. Waited 3 months for open patient surgery to start and had them done again so yes it is possible

You can be its rare but possible if you had sex after baby before surgery sperm can live in you for up to 72 hours

Being 4 months postpartum, that would definitely not be residual hormones. Iā€™d call your doctor and go in.

2 Likes

If you have your ovaries yes you can still get pregnant. Unlikely to be viable

Unless They took your ovaries you can still get pregnant.

1 Like

Does anyone know how the female body works? Lol no tubes, no babyā€¦ youā€™d need IVF to become pregnant

4 Likes

Keep us updated I had that done as well best of luck to u

Iā€™ve had my tubes tied for 14 yrs now

Itā€™s more than likely not viable but if you produce the eggs then yes you can still get pregnant.

1 Like

Yes it is possible. Ectopic pregnancies exist. Please see a doctor.

1 Like

Your test should be negative 5-6 weeks post partum four months it most definitely would be negative again

2 Likes

4 months later wouldnā€™t be residual hormones and itā€™s unlikely your tubes grew back especially that fast but there is a possibility that you were super super early in pregnancy on the day of your surgery and it wasnā€™t detectable on the test. So pregnancy is a possibility. Talk to your doctor and keep us updated

The fact that you have a positive test with tubes removed definitely warrants a visit to the OB ASAP.

6 Likes

I am a nurse and yes it is possible. I have seen more cases then people realize about this, this is a miracle baby and if your test is positive then you need to see your doctor. This is not an ectopic pregnancy, as that is when the egg implants in the tube, which you do not have.

5 Likes

I have my tubes removed almost 4 years ago! And never had an issue. Iā€™d say go see your dr!

I feel like thereā€™s to many women in this comment section who should know way more than they know about the female body and reproductionā€¦

2 Likes

For everyone saying itā€™s still possible to become pregnant naturally. Please explain to me how, I donā€™t understand.
I thought if you remove the tubes thereā€™s no way for the egg to travel to the uterus .

Please explain otherwise . Or tell me your theory

So even if I have my tubes tied I can still get pregnant?? Oh Lord. :smirk: Iā€™m so confused right now :woozy_face:

oof. this is why I got an ablation when I got my tubes removed :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

Is it possible that you were pregnant before they removed your tubes?

1 Like

Look into MOLAR PREGNANCY and go to your doctor asap. I was wrongly diagnosed with this. I have Cancer in the uteros after having my tubes removed aswell. With a Molar pregnancy, your body acts as if it is pregnant, and will produce a positive pregnancy test, sore boobs, nausea, etcā€¦ my twins are 3 yrs old and this thing came fast and grew even faster.

Also Iā€™m 4 months pp and test negative

Umm. I got my tubes removed. Donā€™t be telling me itā€™s possible to get pregnant again. :woozy_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

Please go to your obgyn if its positive your either pregnant or something is wrong Please go get checked Please donā€™t go by answers on Facebook you need to contact your doctor

8 Likes

My best friend had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have her left Fallopian tube removed.
Soon after she found out she was expecting again and the egg that was fertilized came from the left ovary (where the Fallopian tube had been removed). When she told me this I was shocked (as was she). Itā€™s completely possible.

Your positive test is more than likely NOT residual hormones. I would see your OB for an ultrasound. :heart:

3 Likes

My mom got her tubes done and 3 to 4 years later she got pregnant with me and my twin. So there is always a chance I would go get checked.

1 Like

Ok we def need an update on this one. I know itā€™s possible but very slim chances. I had both of mind removed.

2 Likes

You donā€™t need to read anything, you need to go back to the doctor who removed your tubes and ask for an explanation.

4 Likes

First off why you gotta scare me lady!! My tubes are gone too!!!

9 Likes

Please give us an update :flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Itā€™s rare but it does Happen. I know a few women who this has happens to after having this surgery :flushed:

Removed? No. Tied? Yes.

1 Like

By 6 weeks hcg is supposed to be out of your system from a full term birth.

I have both of my tubes removed and had a pregnancy scare. My youngest out of 4 is 1. Iā€™d definitely go complain to the doctor who removed your tubes.

Residual hormones, at 4 months?
Either tell yourself congrats or see a doctor.

2 Likes

I wish I would get pregnant. I tied mine in 2015 and I regret it. Jj

1 Like

Itā€™s possible you are pregnant, you said they removed your Fallopian tubes. Itā€™s very rare to be pregnant , get check with your doctor

Itā€™s happened before

Omg :astonished: I had my tubes removed 3 years ago

Itā€™s has been known to happen.

Its indeed very possible make an appointment and keep us updated!

Ok Iā€™m SICK after reading this :sweat_smile:. I had a tubal after c section 9mo ago. Following this :eyes:

Positive is my guess!

An old friend of mine had her tubes tied and snipped and it ended up growing back but it was paper thin but it was still enough for her to get pregnant again

1 Like

Talk to your doctor and gynecologist and get blood test done.

2 Likes

If your tubes were removed, as you stated, and not just cut, tied, or burned, you cannot get pregnant. However if your tubes are just cut, tied, or burned, itā€™s possible youā€™re pregnant.

4 Likes

So for those who dont knowā€¦when you have your tubes removed you can still be pregnant a short while later ONLY if prior to removal a fertilized egg already made itā€™s way up. This does happen, thatā€™s why usually they have you take a pregnancy test prior to surgery to make sure. Once tubes are removed there is no connector to help the the fertilized egg get to the uterus. So if the tubes were removed during a c-section then you generally canā€™t get pregnant. However, there are other conditions that cause those symptoms and a positive pregnancy test like menopause and cancer according to my doctor

9 Likes

I got pregnant 16 years after having my tubes tied. Found out I was pregnant on my 40th bday. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Have you done a pregnancy test

I had a baby last year after a month the just called and told me that the doctor forgot to tie a tube. Found it in feb Iā€™m expecting.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s really rare. I had an ablation and they removed my tubes to make sure I didnā€™t get pregnantā€¦ Iā€™ve heard of it happening after they were cut/tied/burnt but not after being completely removed.

1 Like

My husband just said the same thing happened to his sisterā€¦ at the SAME time we are discussing I just had a positive pregnancy test minutes prior ā€¦ (Iā€™m 36, and freaking out) nothing is impossible in this life. <3

1 Like

I had mine removed 1 year ago after my 4th also and my doctor told me that there was a chance that I could still become pregnant. But if I did then I could end up having a ectopic pregnancy and the baby wouldnā€™t make it. I would contact your doctor and have them give you a blood test to see if your pregnant or not

Followingā€¦ just had mine removed yesterday

1 Like

Itā€™s highly possible itā€™s an ectopic pregnancy. They will show as a positive on a test. Call your OB ASAP!

3 Likes

My mother had this done then 8 years later she got pregnant

I was told it isnā€™t possible. If the tubes are removed there is no connection to the uterus. The egg canā€™t make it to the uterus. The tubes are gone.
You could be ovulating. My boobs hurt after getting mine removed and I get nauseous.

I had mine following my c section in may of 2019 in March of this year I had a miscarriage good luck mama contact you ob

I have 2 sisters that had children after their tubes were cut and tied.

1 Like

Following cause Iā€™m very interested in this story and how it unfolds.

3 Likes

Why donā€™t you talk to your Doctor - donā€™t ask other people.

4 Likes

4mo later the hormones are from a new pregnancy

3 Likes

If the tubes are completely removed no way to get pregnantā€¦ could be signs youā€™re getting ready to start, stress, etc

It happens for every 1 in every 500,00 women, or so Iā€™m told. Iā€™m literally going through the same thing :flushed:

Have it checked out I had a tubal pregnancy test was positive

I have a friend that got pregnant after she got her tubes tied

Get them cut burned and tied that the best way

3 Likes

Iā€™m having this same procedure done after I have my 3rd daughter in about 6 weeks. So I was curious and looked it up and I came across this article that explains that itā€™s very rare but is possible. Itā€™s even more rare that the embryo will find its way to the uterus and could be implanted in abdominal cavity becoming an ectopic pregnancy. Please contact your doctor immediately.

1 Like

Definitely not residual hormones four months later. Call your doctor

2 Likes

My mother got pregnant 10 years after having her tubes tied, the doctor said sometimes they grow back.

4 Likes

Residual hormones after 4 months? I dont know about that?

4 Likes

Problems with your thyroid can also cause a positive tes. Call ur doctor

1 Like

My friend was operated had both tubes removed and burned 10 years later she got pregnant with her now 1 year old son. Apparently they grow back sometimes

1 Like

It is possible to become pregnant naturally after having tubes removed :blush: its very rare tho!!

1 Like

So because you didnā€™t say that you had a hysterectomy, that means you still have one if not both of your ovaries. They can still cycle since they are what produces your hormones. My sister had to have a hysterectomy but the doctor left one of her ovaries so she wouldnā€™t have to be put on meds for her hormones. Every other month my sister cramps and her books swell. Not saying thatā€™s what it is, but just throwing that tid bit out there :slight_smile:

For everyone saying ectopicā€¦ She has NO tubes. An ectopic pregnancy is when the baby is developing inside the tubesā€¦

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I pregnant after tubes have been removed? - Mamas Uncut

It is possible, but small chance

1 Like

Iā€™ve only had one removed but the other side never produced anything so pretty much the side that produced all of my kids was removedā€¦ they said I would never get pregnant againā€¦ and boom 2 months later I was almost 2 months pregnant!! I was shocked! But like everybody is saying if you are, your baby was meant to be :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Would definitely call your dr

2 Likes

I got pregnant after my tubes being tied

1 Like

It may be a phantom pregnancy :confused: speak to your doctor ASAP xx

3 Likes

When you figure it out can you come back and tell us for inquiring minds? Lol

9 Likes

I was told by my doctor that Salpingectomy has the same ā€œeffectivenessā€ as an IUD at about a 0.1% chance of getting pregnant!

He said the only true form of ā€œsterilizationā€ is an Oophorectomyā€¦

Good luck!

I donā€™t understand anyone laughing at her. Being super fertile is a B word. Thinking youā€™re finally safe then seeing 2 more lines must be devastating. Iā€™m sorry girl, hopefully thereā€™s another explanation

4 Likes

4 months after having baby itā€™s super unlikely to be hormones from your last baby that being said having your fallopian tubes removed also makes it super unlikely that you are pregnant
Definitely see your Dr get a test and an ultrasound
Best off luck

5 Likes

I got pregnant after having my tubes removed. My daughter is now six. I had to get a full hysterectomy.

2 Likes

Just my opinion. This is a true miracle. The Universe obviously wants this little one in the worldšŸ˜‰. I know your freaking out but you already have 4 ,what is one more. You have a jump start on clothes,bedding toys and 4 kids to help love it and be a good little helpersā€¦ it is your body and your choiceā€¦

18 Likes

Youā€™re pregnant and Iā€™m jealous Iā€™ll take the baby if you donā€™t want it :heart:

1 Like

Make sure that they did indeed remove both of them. I canā€™t wait to see an update on this. That would be a real miracle if you truly are pregnant! I Also read that e sperm can find a different route to get to the egg and fertilize it! Itā€™s rare but can happen! Itā€™s called recanalization

I have heard of this happening. The doctor may have failed to test you before you got your tubes tied and the fertilized egg may have already embedded in your uterus. Iā€™d say go to the doctor and explain your symptoms and your situation.

10 Likes

Could be a miracle or you could be like a lot of women who have multiple kids and thatā€™s how your body is reacting to hormonal changes. My youngest is a year and often throughout that year I would seriously feel pregnant. (Also had the tubal dealio 10 days after he was born.) It would crappy a couple weeks at a time and then be good for a few then Iā€™d feel like crap again. Didnā€™t really know what was up until I got my first real period. The symptoms started a couple weeks before and then shark week. It eased up when it was over.

Hormones, man, hormones. :woman_shrugging::rofl:

It can be an etopic pregnancyā€¦ you need to find out ASAP they can be very dangerous.

Anything is possible. I went to high school with a girlfriend of mine and her mom had all boys and gave up on having a girl. So she had her tubes cut tied and burned and 15 years later she got pregnant with my friend. Now I know youā€™re saying youā€™re tubes have been removed. But again anything is possible. I would go get checked if I was you

I had the same kind of feeling after having mine removed took about a year to level out. Only now I have thr worst period in the world. And bleed 2 weeks out of the month. Iā€™ll be praying for you momma.

1 Like

If you had your fallopian tubes removed, i do not think you could get pregnant. Thatā€™s what releases the egg