Am I the only one who has done this?

I’ve literally dropped all 3 of my babies off the bed at some point, they’re all fine and healthy though :rofl:

Your not the first and you won’t be the last

If the baby DONT fall off the bed, then you’re doing it wrong lol

1 Like

It happens and you shouldn’t beat yourself up. We’re still people, mistakes happen.

My oldest fell off the bed once when she was like 3 or 4 months, 6 months tops. I dont remember exactly. I was terrified. But she was ok

My first rolled off with me sitting right next to him :grimacing: he cried, i cried… but he was totally fine :heart: it happens don’t be hard on yourself

You’re not terrible. It’s happened to probably 95% of us. Did you go make sure baby was okay? I’m assuming yes based on your post. So no, you’re not terrible. If you were, you would have let the baby fall and continued about your business, not checking to make sure they’re okay and being worried.

It happens, one of mine rolled off the couch, the other rolled off the bed. (13 years apart) Both under 6 months…both were fine :slightly_smiling_face: No need to beat yourself up over it momma​:hugs:

My oldest was 9 months old me and my mom were both on the couch she was on one end me on the other was gonna change his diaper and somehow he rolled off the couch and hit his eye on a small end table… I being a first time mom rushed him to the hospital i was crying felt awful and the ER doctor giggled and told me to be ready to have to do this alot because kids are accident prone… I was thankful the dr had 5 kids and wasnt judgemental. Of course he ended up with a black eye. These things happen.

My almost two year old has done it multiple times lol

Nah. Any mother who says stuff like that has never happened to her child is a liar

2 Likes

You’re good!! As moms, we beat ourselves up about things like this.

Yeah I had my daughter on the bed and she was just starting to roll she rolled herself off the bed didn’t cry just looked around and was like uh. And this her today almsot 6

My son used to dive head 1st off the couch from 8 months old… he’s still good.
He rolled off his bunk bed a few weeks ago (he was awake!) And flipped and wacked his head on the cupboard. His response? "Mum i did a flip!!)

Kids do these things to send us grey. Dont worry too much :purple_heart:

Both of mine have fallen off my bed. It’s fine😂

They all fall. Thankfully, they usually aren’t hurt.

We’ve all had a Mom of the Year moment

1 Like

Nope not the only one I fell asleep breastfeeding with my daughter when she was only 5 or 6 weeks old in the middle of the night and she fell off the bed was literally the scariest moment of my life but I was staying the night at my parents house that night and ran into their room screaming my head off my daughter did this terrible scream and I felt like the worst Mom ever but don’t worry kids are resilient! As long as she seems like she’s doing fine if anything seems off take her in to get checked out!

1 Like

Mine rolled off the couch wasn"t hurt but I beat myself up over it… He is thirty btw and I instantly remembered it when I read your post

Babies fine and lesson learnt is the main thing

Nope! Both my girls fell off the bed/couch when they were little babies and they were/are fine. It happens. Babies are really resilient. Don’t stress and be hard on yourself.

Are you even a mom if your kid doesn’t fall off the bed at least once?!

12 Likes

My first rolled of the bed my second rolled off the couch, dont beat ur self up it happens, doesn’t mean ur a bad parent!!!

Nope… it’s happened to both of mine…

Ummm I have 6 kids and I pretty sure they have all either fell off the bed or the couch at some point before they were a year old. I was a single mom with my oldest and I was strapping his car seat in a 2 door car and stuck him in the passengers seat while i buckled in the back he managed to crawl through the bent seat and fall out the car and smash his ear :ear: I was 18 he still has a scar he is now 21 and the doctor giggled at me when I brought him to the er since he didn’t even need glue or butterfly stitches and then he told me all kids fall off something all though he did say it was his first kid to fall off a car seat lol :joy:

1 Like

It happened to me once!! I felt awful too! She was fine! They are quick!

My grandma always used to say that it was a mom’s rite of passage to have the baby roll off the bed at least once. :rofl: More common than you think. I panicked when it happened, but to be safe, I monitored my baby and called the pediatrician.

2 Likes

oh goodness! I was wrestling with my grandson when he was little bitty…bounced him off the bed and into the nightstand before I could catch him… he is a teenager now.
.still has a little scar…but I use to cry everytime I looked at it. No stitches or anything…and he was ready to go again after the doctoring and lovin’.

1 Like

Shit happens! We’ve all been there Xo

This happened to me also when my boy was like 7 months first time he rolled. And my bed is really high up and have tiles on the floor. Luckily he fell on the sheep skin rug and landed on his back. I called the ambulance just to make sure coz it was a big fall. But he was ok. I did feel horrible and so much guilt. And kept hearing the sound of it happening over and over. But what the medical professionals told me is that kids are strong. And accidents will happen all the time. They were all trying to help feel better. Even my mum was trying to help me after she saw how hard I was on myself. He is now 15months doesn’t remember it coz now he stands up on the bed and tries to run off haha
Don’t be hard on yourself mumma. And if anyone tries to make you feel guilty, tell em to mind there own business. Us mummas are already hard on ourselves without people adding to it xx

1 Like

It’s going to happen, more than once. Them babies are fast.

2 Likes

It happens to the best of us…basically all of us

1 Like

Trust my girl could star in Jacka$$ the way she’s constantly falling or rolling off things. I try my best to catch her but kids are quick. Thankfully they’re pretty tough too. I know I beat myself up the first time she rolled off the bed but she was perfectly fine within seconds. Not even fazed. Don’t worry mama there’s more bumps and bruises coming your way

You are not alone anyone who is judgemental have no idea

It happens! We feel so terrible but it happens to everyone. My son is 19 months and just took his first trip down the stairs the other day. Thankfully not a full flight but :persevere:.

You’re not alone. It’ll happen with each baby you have.

Your deff. Not the only one! Keep your head up your doing great!

I’ve always been told that your not a momma till you drop your baby :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I literally don’t know a single parent whose baby didn’t roll off the bed/sofa/chair at some point. Accidents happen to EVERYONE!

1 Like

I think every baby has fallen off a bed or a couch. Its not being a bad mom, its being a person. My first rolled off the bed around 2 months and just smiled. I of course freaked out being 23 and a first time mom. She was fine. You are fine. You are doing good.

1 Like

I think alot of moms have had their kid roll off a bed or couch. I turned my back for one second and my son rolled off the couch right onto the floor. He was asleep when he rolled off. And it was tile floor. I took him to the er and was a nervous wreck, cause I felt so bad about letting him roll off.

1 Like

You certainly are not.

Happens to the best of us! You’re mom guilt shows you’re a great momma. Kids hurt themselves constantly!

1 Like

If happens more often than we’d like but man can babies take a tumble. They’re so fast. And don’t feel bad my youngest literally slipped out of my husband’s hands​:woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

It’s happens to just about all of us. My daughter rolled off the couch. I didn’t realize she could roll yet. Lol.

Been there done that. Scared the crap out of me

If you’re any older than 30 it’s probably actually happened to you as a baby :upside_down_face:

I think at some point in time this has happened to all of us. Dont be to hard on yourself, the baby is fine and it was n accident.

I was the same way. All I did was reach over and grab a diaper and off the couch my son went. Being a first time mom I was a wreck and rushed him to the er. He was fine. It happens a lot more than you think. Don’t beat yourself up. Things happen

1 Like

Mine fell off the couch once. I almost yeeted my little baby off the bed thinking she was the cat (we were asleep ) in my sleepy daze I freaked thinking the cat was by the baby and almost threw her off the bed :speak_no_evil::woman_facepalming::sweat_smile:

It happens at least once to probably just about every parent at some point … I’ve had it happen with both my son and my daughter. You are doing a great job don’t let anyone make you feel/think different!

It happens. I was on my bed very pregnant q my 3rd child n my 10 month old at the time somehow flipped herself over the crib railing n fell betweem the crib n my tv in the room. I couldnt get up fast enough to grab her as i was laying down n the crib was on the other side of the room. My pRtner got mad at me for not watching her but i was, i just couldn’t move fast enough to save her. She was fine tho. Dont be so hard on urself mama.

Lmao 4 kids and only one never toppled from a bed or couch!

We’ve all had kids roll off the bed. Like every kid has even if people say it hasn’t happened😂 don’t worry

My thing is every kid I have at some point will hit their head on the car door. I feel awful but they move so quickly. I have 4 kids

Are you even a parent if the child does not roll of the bed or couch?

7 Likes

Everyone has done it old wives tale if baby doesn’t fall of bed at least once they won’t live to adulthood don’t believe all the old tales

2 Likes

Mine somehow managed to roll off the bed onto a pile of laundry and then rolled again under the bed while we were sleeping I woke up trying to find her and located her under the bed sleeping… this was years ago but I still feel guilt about it when I think about it.

2 Likes

Happens to literally all of us. As long as baby is okay everything is fine momma. The guilt is normal, all that means is your a good momma :purple_heart:

Gawd no!!! Happens to all of us! Kids are tougher than you think! Don’t let anyone make you feel bad!

1 Like

It happens to everyone too many times to my daughter to where I’m the only one who’s made sure my son hasn’t rolled off on me yet​:rofl::rofl:

Unless baby has a cracked skull or googley eyes you are fine, this honestly happens to everyone at least once in our lives, if you are really worried take bubs to the doc for a quick check up

1 Like

Not the first or last! Just put them on the floor next time

1 Like

I was half asleep and my 8 month old at the time just crawled head first right off of the bed.

I’ve always heard this:
When you get home from the hospital, go ahead and get it over with, roll the baby gently off the bed or couch. Instead of being so anxious about it, get it over with and let some of the stress go.’

You’re fine, they’re prolly absolutely fine. Check pupils and watch for swelling and abnormal behavior.
I fumbled my son at about 3m into his bed once. My hands were numb, my arms were tired and weak and well i just dropped him in!
I was holding my breath and funny enough, he didnt even wake up. Slept the whole night thru lol.

My son rolled off my bed when he was a few months old. His big sisters were on the bed with him, I was not far, and it still happened. He ended up bruising his new tooth and later when he was 2, it had to be pulled. I blame myself all the time, but I know it wasn’t anyone’s fault. It just happens. Most parents have a “my kid rolled off of” story

No hun your not the only one kids roll out of the blue all the time it happens as long as the baby’s fine your good just keep an eye on her.

Girl it happens dont let it get you dwn. Wen my son was about a wk old I was taking him to a check up appt and the seat belt got stuck and wen I yanked on it to get it loose I hit him just above his eye with it waking him from a dead sleep so wen I carry him into the doctor’s office idk who was squalling the hardest me or him. I just knew they were gna look at me sideways for it but luckily they took pity on me and hurried us into an exam room where a nurse promptly checked him out and put a lil bandage where it cut him…it took me a while to stop crying cuz I felt so bad

Um 5 kids and none ever rolled off of anything!! Always keep in arm reach :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I happens. Mine all did it (I have 4) and not a single one got seriously hurt. It’s like a baby rite of passage :laughing:

All of mine have rolled off the bed or couch. I’ve even smacked all their heads on the door of the car putting in the carseat, it happens. All my kids have turned out fine. :woman_shrugging::joy: my oldest is 24 years old and youngest is 4 months.

Guess how many door frames my kids head hit … your fine.we all do it .

All four of mine have done it off the bed or couch. With my first I freaked out and my cousin said there’s actually an old wives’ about it. Something about not reaching their first birthday if they didn’t.

Welcome to the club!! Lol literally happens to the best of us. Don’t beat yourself up or let someone else beat you up. As long as the baby is acting right you don’t have anything to worry about. I’m a mom of four and it’s literally happened to all of them! Just try to be more cautious so it doesn’t happen repeatedly

I have 4 grown daughters, 3 with kids of their own. They all fell off of the bed or couch at some point in time and turned out fine💕

Shit happens as long as the baby is fine then ur good

Has anyone heard the old saying about the baby falling off the bed before it’s one year old

If you find a parent who has never had that happen at least once then you found a lier or a deadbeat who never has their kids

3 Likes

When mine was 2 she was jumping on the bed and swan dove off head first… I tried to catch her but had just covered my hands in lotion :woman_facepalming: she slipped right through :sweat_smile: … at least I was able to soften her fall a bit :rofl:

I freaked out when my oldest did. She was about 4 months and decided to roll right off the bed the second I took my eyes off her, I felt terrible. My youngest, who is now almost 2, has rolled off things so many times now. It happens. Sometimes they do it on purpose (when they’re a little older lol)

That’s the baby initiation. Your baby ain’t a real baby until they roll off the bed at least once.:woman_shrugging:t4::joy: But seriously, it happens to the best of us. It doesn’t make you a bad parent and :fu:t4:anybody who tries to make you feel that way.

2 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up and tell anyone putting you down to stfu! I remember we were on holidays and my daughter rolling off a lounge onto a hardwood floor when I was near having a meltdown trying her get the stupid portacot together :triumph: she was fine btw lol

No your not the only one my son had a small mishap like that too it’s ok it happens it was not on purpose

It happens. Just Check your baby and make sure she’s okay.

When my son was learning to sit up he rolled off the bed
I felt bad
But it’s going to happen

I cried my eyes out when I over snipped his nail

Welcome to the club.All 4 of mine have done this.It doesnt make you a bad mom.

nope when my first born started crawling I took a nap w him on my bed. I was on the outside and the bed was against a wall but he must’ve crawled over me and I must’ve been real tired to not feel it. he fell off the bed and had a bruise on his forehead for a bit. I definitely felt bad I took all our beds off the frames and they sit on the box springs on the floor. my first born is 3 now and our beds are still like this especially bc my 2nd born is only 10 months and isn’t careful yet. it happens bc kids are curious and don’t know dangers yet. we like to say it but moms don’t ACTUALLY have eyes on the back of our heads. it’s ok mama forgive yourself and learn from this mistake. no more unsupervised bed romps

1 Like

You’re officially a mother, congrats :joy::joy: happens to all of us.

1 Like

It happens to everyone. Just once though for me lol never again!

Welcome to motherhood!

My kid used to dive off the bed and faceplant the floor… She will be 5 on the 12th and is perfectly fine.

1 Like

Done beat yourself up so much. I just knew the people were going to come in my door at any given point about my child rolling or falling. My baby never wanted to stay in the playpen!

It happens… Don’t be so hard on yourself…and this does not make you a bad parent so who ever is telling you that… Tell them to kiss it…where the sun don’t shine… There are no perfect parents regardless of how hard we try… We’re all still human…

My 8 week old baby scooted herself off our fairly tall bed and she was fine. It happens to the best of us, Mama :heart:

Every mother has been there and done that. Dont let anyone make you feel bad or guilty. We love our children but we are human and not perfect.

1 Like

I was breast feeding my son in the middle of the night he was a few weeks old at the time he fell on the floor bc I fell asleep. I cried & I felt like shit about it tbh I still feel bad thank God he was ok.

My son fell off the top bunk when he was 7 years old. He’s 27 now with a 4 year old and a great job. So even with a fall off the top bunk he turned out to be a pretty good guy. Kids fall. Don’t beat yourself up.

Omg do not feel guilt it happens to every single one of us. Now that my son is a year and a half and is constantly flinging himself off things on purpose I’ve learned to stop caring so much lmao

Babies all fall off the bed at least once

It ain’t a real baby til it falls off the bed