Am I to old to have another baby?

Hello I’d like to stay private, but I’m just wondering do you think 38 is too old to think about having another baby or what is too old I have a 21yr old daughter and a 4yr old son and I’m also a nanny to a 2.5yr old I can’t get the thought out of my head and feel what’s your thoughts, please

89 Likes

Never! I know plenty of women who have had babies this late

No if you can and want to by all means do it.

I was 38 with my middle child and 40 with my last 26 with my 1st 40 is wear you would want to stop

how does this have anything to do with nails???

8 Likes

I think you should go for it!:100:

It’s not too old but already having a 4 year old and being a nanny just enjoy them

I have friends that have been 40 and 42 and had another child

If your doc says its fine do it! The older you get the harder it may be so I would definitely check with your docs and make sure everything is okay and if you want to by all means do it.

No my mom had my brother at 39 and me at 40

If it’s suppose to happen it will go for it

Nope as long as you’re healthy and take care of yourself and your body you will be just fine. I had a baby at 37 and she is perfect in every way.

My mom had my younger sibling at 38, not too old

I’m 37 and having one

I would not … But that’s me … I’m just now 32 and at my cut off

I have 3 kid’s, 42,26 and 20. Had my last when I was 41, you’re not too old.

My fiance and I are trying for another and I’m 33 (in june) and he is 49 with 2 grown kids. I have a 5 year old that he’s been helping me raise since right before my child turned 3.

Hey I have a 20 year old son and a 7 year old and I’m 39 currently 29 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. A lot of females are having babies older now

1 Like

My mom had me at 41, my dad was 45

Do you… why do you care what anyone else thinks?

1 Like

Well I’m 38 about to have another baby. Me personally I didn’t want to be this old having babies.

100 percent girl. the circle of life. being a mama is life changing and a beautiful gift. :heart:

My daughter was born in January that May I turned 40, BEST pregnancy :purple_heart:

Id say go for it if your body is able. I am 47 and my first granddaughter at 40 so it cured my baby fever

My mom was 38 when I was born. The only thing I can say, growing up, people always thought my sister was my mom. My parents were way older than my friends parents. And now I’m 42 and my mom will be 81 where my friends parents are early 60s.

7 Likes

I’m 37 and pregnant… Almost 38 :blush:

1 Like

Noooope! I have many friends and family who still have babies mid 40’s

Not old at all. Go for it! I plan on trying again soon. You’re only 5 years older thn me.

My mom was 44 when she had me

I’m 38 and pregnant with baby number 3! I have a 18 year old and a 14 year old. You are still young and if you want to have another baby go for it!Dont let what anyone says or thinks get to you! :heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

I’m 35. And have a 18 yr old, 16 yr old, 15 yr old, 13 yr old, and a 5 yr old. And I’m 25 weeks pregnant

2 Likes

My mom had me when she was 37 my dad was 60 they often wonder if my spina is was a result of that

I’ll 44 this yr and if I could I’d probably have another if I didn’t have my tubes tied. My oldest is 25. My daughter is 23 and I have a 3.5 yr old grandson but I’d definitely do it again if I could.

I was 38 when my son was born and he’s been a true blessing!!!

I have a 20yo a 18yo 13yo 4 yo & 2 yo…I’m 41 and prego!

2 Likes

Sahara was 90 years old and she had a baby.

2 Likes

I will be a first-time mom at 40 after husband and I have been trying for a while. Maybe after this one we will try for another.

Heck no whatever your body can handle. Psssh! Look at these movies stars having kids at 50 years old. If they can do it anyone can do it that’s what makes mama’s super women. Little creations are such blessings :clap: if you can do it go for it. As long as it makes you and your little family happy. You go girl. Good luck and God bless you. :raised_hands:

I say no only cause there are a lot of risks and think would you be able to keep up with that child. My step mom was 48 when she had my sister and has an 11 year old think of your health and talk to a doctor not internet strangers

7 Likes

My mom was 45 when I was born. I turned out just fine

My eldest is 31 my youngest is 11 , I am 51 I was 40 when she was born , and I have 6 grandchildren eldest 14 youngest 2

I am 38 and I go back and forth with this a lot. My step son is 14, who we raise full time ( bio mom is not in picture). I’ve been only mom he knows for 11 years. I feel toooo tired to start all over again since I am so close to this one being an adult. I do regret not being able to have the baby stages with a child but I would not want to do teenage years again.

I dont believe there is a “too old” age to have a baby. If you can care for baby I see no reason to not! Best of luck

Not to old. I had my daughter at 41

Just gonna leave this here for all the medical risks for both the baby and mom

1 Like

1st age 30

2nd age 40

Healthy baby/pregnancy

1 Like

Um no your only 38. Not even close to being old. But i get it, i wish i would’ve had more in my 20s.

I am 43 and have a 2 month old baby girl who stole my heart. She is baby #2; after 20 years. If your heart is set on it …leave it to God!

I was 39 when I had my first.

2 Likes

Lady I know had twins 4 yrs ago - she is now 48. (We are close in age)
Then when they were about yr, she got her 1st grandchild.

It really depends on you. Are you able to go through this or not. “This” is labor & raising a child.

Have you a baby have two before you turn 45 Janet Jackson had a baby at 50

Girl if you have the patience time and money do it… Had my last at 38 but I’m done done … Wouldn’t even consider any more :joy::rofl: oh and those sleepless nights haha

My mom was 39 or 40 when she had my sister.

There’s no such thing as “too old” for anything, even though there should be a time limit for everything, if you think you are ready to become a mother again, go for it! little does it matter what others think… if god has a plan for you, it will happen regardless!

1 Like

I’m all for it, I’m 34 and another child isn’t in my near future but isn’t out of the picture. However, as the child of older parents (my mom had me at 40) it isn’t the best child hood. My parents couldn’t run and play with me like the other kids parents. Kids would make fun of me when they found out how old my parents were. All of my grandparents died before I was born so I’ve never known grandparents. Not discouraging you, just my insight from the child’s perspective. (I still had a great childhood, but I was aware of the differences between my friends/parents and mine)

1 Like

I was 38 when I had my 4th. He’s 11 now and my others are 32, 29 and 17 so it’s very nice to still have a “baby” that wants to hug his mommy. But also at almost 50 I’m really tired. Can’t do as much as I did with the others.

If anything you could always look into adoption! :blush:

1 Like

Am 34 don’t have kids yet. So hoping maybe this year or next year start tryin

My oldest is 36 my youngest 12 I only had 4 very far apart my oldest was 13 by the time I has my baby girl she was 2 bithe time I had my second baby girl then 10 years between the second and last baby girl . I has her at 39 enjoying every moment woth her and I’m 52 already planing her 15 Quince Dance if you feel your good go for it its all up to you I wanted to try for the boy at 40 but I wouldn’t make it out of surgery alive so I stopped

If your financially ok and healthy I would definitely do it! I have 4 kids my oldest is about to be 19 n a couple weeks my youngest is 4. I’m 37 and although I don’t regret having my first 3 young when ur older u get to enjoy them more!! And have more time with them. At least that’s my opinion! My friend had 1 child for 26 years then had her last 2 when she was 42 and 43! But I will say if ur gonna do it go ahead now don’t wait too much longer lol. A lot of women r having them older now.

Had my son at 35 trying again in my early 40’s and my eggs are done. Do it now if you want it. Don’t wait like I did.

I’m 38 and just had my 1st kid back in December. Go for it if your able to.

1 Like

My mom had me when she was 39
My friends mom is having another baby at age 43

You’re fine

If im being honest thats almost too young. 30 is the new 20. I know 3 women who waited until later in life to have kids & all of them are wealthy, skinny and married to the love of their lives. Just sayin.

1 Like

If you still have the patience, I know I don’t

1 Like

I’m 36 and pregnant. I say do it!! You get more ultrasounds too :grin:

I was 40 with my son

Also. My oldest will be 16 this year. Not a regret in the world. Love my babies. She will be baby #4 and I can’t be more excited.

Naomi Campbell just had a baby and she is 50.
I wish you peace, health, and happiness with whatever decision you make!

My mom was 37 almost 38 when she had me! I think as long as, health wise, you’ll be ok and baby will be ok then its never too late to have a baby!

My aunt had a baby at 40 if your dr doesn’t see any health problems then why not :woman_shrugging:

My Mother had my baby sister in her 40’s!

No, im 38 and im thinking of having another baby and I had my first at 36. My grandmother had her last baby at the age of 42. My best friend mother didn’t have her til she was 45. You do what you feel. If you want another baby and can handle it, then do it. Best of luck to you.

Im 41 and due with our 3rd next week. Long as you’re healthy, go for it :slight_smile:

Your life your choice with your partner to decide

2 Likes

Very old. I’m sorry but after 30 should be illegal lol
You’re gonba be 60 w a 20 year old

3 Likes

Not at all! My brother is 4(5in July) and one just turned three. My moms 43. I have a three and one year old. I’m 27, sister is 23, other sister is 22.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s not about what you want. When that child is 18 you’ll be 56. Will you be able to cope with their turbulent teens and twenties at that age. Think of what you put your parents through when you were that age. If you think you can hack it, it’s your choice. I really hope you’ll try and see it through your child’s eyes.

2 Likes

I’d wait for grandkids. I think if you have them later in life ur leaving their life while they are a young adult. Before you’d get to meet their kids. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Hun ,if u want another child,then do so. I had a love child at 45. Im 62 now and my daughter is 17,and to this day never regret having her.My oldest is 42.

2 Likes

I had my daughter when I was 39. No issues at all…

If your healthy go for it! I believe in having as many kids as you want so if you want another go for it!

I’m 24 and my brother will turn 5 in July!! It was definitely weird at first but now my 2 year old daughter is super close with him and it’s so sweet to watch

There is a record of a woman having a baby at 69 so never too old.

My mom was 38 when she had my baby sister. I was 18. She had and raised us one at a time. :laughing:

If you are financially, mentally and physically capable then go for it! Fuck what anyone else has to say. My mom had my baby brother when she was 41!(not planned obv) He turns 7 this year! You do what makes you happy🖤

Nope ~ but I wouldn’t wait much longer… If you don’t do it now you’ll regret it and not feel complete. Good luck to you !!

2 Likes

Nobodys fn business, you do you, as long as you are committed and your body can handle it shouldn’t matter your age…

1 Like

Nope… I was 40 when I had my baby… she’s almost 3 now :grinning: my other kids were 21, 15, and 9 when I had her… AND…Naomi Campbell just had her first baby at 50!

2 Likes

No may have complications I had my last at 40

If you’re healthy, financially okay, and think you’ll be okay dealing with a teenager at 50-60 go for it. The only thing I think is a big negative is that child will inevitably be losing you 5-20 years earlier than their siblings/friends/other family and it will probably be early in life which is really tough for them in the long run. In the end it is your choice really, you’re not “too old” maybe talk to your doctor to make sure you are all healthy and good to go if you are serious or maybe even look into adoption for a kiddo thats atleast few years old? I get wanting a baby but as well all know, that will only last for a year-two years anyways.

1 Like

I put all my attention on the 4 & 2 year old. They really need you right now.

A question for your God, your husband, and doctor. And who knows? Even your counselor.

1 Like

No my great grandma was in her 40s when she had her last baby.

Just remember… you will be pushing 60 when this one turns 20…

1 Like

I would Speak with a OBGYN.

If You’re Ready for Another Baby,
Than Ride OUT!!!

The ONLY thing you have to worry about IF YOU ARE READY is Health Issues.

Make That Appointment Beautiful and I Am Sending you ALL of the Good Vibes :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

There are two questions you have to ask. The first is can you physically handle it. If you have talked to your doctor and all is good. Then that is good. The second is how would that affect the relationship with your other children. Kids spell love t-i-m-e. If you can provide them that, and ensure that you are in a spot that bringing another child into this world will not financially or situationally harm you or them, then go forth and fulfill it. You want to look at it logically and not emotionally, as I have had a lot of friends whom led this kind of decision with emotion, and it almost killed one, bankrupted another, and ruined the relationships they had with their other children on a third.

1 Like

If youre healthy and havent had any issues carrying to term go for it mama

My step mother is 45 and just had her 11th child…2 months ago…go for hun

1 Like

Im 40 and having my second child

1 Like