Am I wrong for being upset with my boyfriend for not kicking his friend to the curb?

I’d try to keep the peace until you guys can get out. Two families together in one household is hard for anyone. Just let it be for now. I understand why you’re upset. The friend sounds like a jerk.

1 Like

Not many people I know would take in a whole family - paying rent or not - he still took y’all in and didn’t have too! Maybe he is having a hard time adjusting to a whole family moving into his space! Give the man a little credit :heart:

4 Likes

Things like this always need to be sorted out prior to sharing a living space with someone.

The fact that you’re staying in his home makes him that much less of a bad person !!! Three times you’ve been asked to move but you are still there ?? I’m curious what his reasonings were the other times and why he wasn’t taken serious when he asked you to move from his home?! Don’t make his life miserable and that’s probably what your significant other is thinking as well. It’s easier to keep peace than be spiteful and hateful !

3 Likes

Get over it till y’all move out.

2 Likes

Two families living together can be very difficult. We’ve done it twice with my cousin it was seamless, we ran like one big family adults working together to take care of all the kids, kids listening to all adults no questions asked but then when my mans friend was staying with us an his daughter would visit it didn’t work the same it wasn’t awful the kid is great but we didn’t mesh so perfectly an alot of time that’s how it goes. Guy’s don’t fight like we do they let it go alot easier then us an move on. I’d let it go with the bf an just get your own place when you do that it will be easier for him to just have hos friendship with his buddy an it not effect you cause you won’t have to see it.

I mean yeah I would be pissed but you can’t live fighting with both of them while they’re off in the living room having fun together you’ll drive yourself crazy you and your man are supposed to be a team tell him you’re Pissed he’s acting like nothing happened but remember y’all are a team

This can’t be the entire story!

8 Likes

If you are receiving mail there and you’re belongings are their they have to go to court and evict you. Cops can’t give a thirty day notice. Thats done through the courts. Cops can’t make orders, only enforce them. They arrest you, a judge finalizes it from their. Cops aren’t as powerful as they act. They always need a judge in the end.

The court process to get that notice typically takes 30-60 days, usually closer to 60. Plus the thirty day notice on top of that. You should have 60-90 days.

As far as his friend. You don’t have to like his friend and be around and he should respect that. But no matter what he did, it’s not your place to decide how forgiving he is to his friend and if he remains friends. As long as he is actively trying to remove you from the uncomfort and provide a new home for him and his family, it shouldn’t matter if he is still his friend.

“Category”
Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
Get along till you get out of that house.

Kick to curb in that:
Dont leap off a cliff into this guys arms ever again (arms distance freind)
MUTUALITY and GOODWILL necessary for TRUE FRIENDs

3 Likes

How is he gonna be mad and kick his friend to the curb when he NEEDS him?! :thinking:

1 Like

You’re living with him right…
His house, his rules.

2 Likes

you + your bf need your own house. that’s pathetic to be upset with HIM kicking you two out of HIS house. The fact that it is his house, makes him that much less of a bad person. Don’t you guys have jobs? Two families under one roof is hard. Why can’t you afford your own place to live? The whole situation is super weird to me. How can you be that mad at someone who wants his house back to him and his son.

3 Likes

It’s a month earlier then expected. Nit a huge deal at all. I think you’re acting very entitled. It’s his friend. Shit happens. People get hot headed and then drop it afterwords. That’s what friends do… grow up and start looking at things from others point of view.

Seriously? You live there. You want him to stir the pot more while you’re there? I’d bite my tongue and move out if I don’t like it. I couldn’t live with another family

9 Likes

No. You’re wrong for having not one but two babies with a boyfriend when you can’t even support yourselves in your own place.

12 Likes

It’s called keeping the peace while you’re under someone else’s roof.

12 Likes

You’re not wrong for being upset. This “friend” knows you don’t have anywhere to go and is taking advantage of that. It was very generous of him to take your family in to help you but it is unreasonable for him to think you should parent his son. Bite your tongue until you can move then thank him for his hospitality and move on. Hopefully your husband will cut ties with this guy.

3 Likes

Well you do have 20 days to get out so you might want to pretend it’s all good until you’re on your own

kicked you out?.. for the third time? sounds to me like you should be okay with this. You’re living with someone in their home, their space. If you’re sharing a space, maybe you can help with the kid. “not my kid not my problem” it’s the same as “not your house gtfo”

11 Likes

Might I add, have you considered Mayne this friend is having a hard time being a single parent? If this was a woman would you feel bad she has no help?

1 Like

You’re in his house. So yes you’re wrong he’s smart to prioritize your family’s stability.

1 Like

How exactly is he supposed to “kick him to the curb” when you all are living under his roof? You realize doing so means you all leave that same day, right? It’s called being the bigger person and keeping the peace so your family has a place to live.

6 Likes

The ones who do not learn how absolutely important forgiveness is will end up without any friends; even more, your children, your spouse, your parents, your siblings and best friends even, unexpectedly, in one way or another will let you down, will say things about you that you cannot be told by them; what’s the wise and best approach? To rise up to the challenge and to forgive; that’s the only way; or even more, when you will say or do something to let someone down learn to forgive yourself too; we are all human and gosh we all have all sorts of shortcomings…

If you’re paying their bills just go get your own place with your boyfriend and children?? Pay your own bills???

3 Likes

I get paid over $ 126 per hour w0rking from home. I never th0ught l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21996 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re lnf0… https://WorksFul74.netlify.app

1 Like

Amd this is why you never live with friends

4 Likes

3 day rule … no, you’re not wrong… honor yourself

What do you want him to do? Be miserable af for the remainder of the time you’re there? Be rational here. Let it go, find a new place to live, and then cut ties. Otherwise, you’re just asking for trouble.

3 Likes

Get rid of the boyfriend and move out AND MOVE ON

2 Likes

Grow up!! Get your own place! Yes, it’s fine they are still friends! I don’t know how living with him this long they are still friends! If you can’t stand being around him, get your ass out!!!

Friends fight? I’m sure it’s overwhelming having your children in the house as well as his own when it was just them. You’re wrong for expecting your boyfriend to give his friend the cold shoulder when you’re staying WITH his friend. Grow up. Get your own place

3 Likes

Maybe your bf is just trying to keep peace so that you can continue to live there :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Get out asap, before the 30 days. They sound like two 2 year old. He has to give you 30 days. Leave asap

2 Likes

Just find a new place. Don’t worry about him. He’s trying to keep the peace. When your gone and he still keeps the friend then you can confront him and ask…why.

This is the 3rd time he’s tried kicking you out? Why haven’t you left already. His son may not be your responsibility but your family isn’t HIS responsibility either. I’m sure he opened his home with good intentions- but it’s obvious y’all can’t respect each other. Move out of his house yesterday.

11 Likes

My 71 year old brother is divorced from his 4th wife, shes 50. HER parents are both gone now and she inherited their 100 year old house that every room now looks like a hoarders dream. Its been about 5 years. There is NO heat, NO lights, NO water, because the ex does not clean house, does not pay bills, does not clean the yard. She got her SSI for having a bad back and having had surgery for it everytime her mother had HERS. SHE has a 30 year old daughter, had a baby a year ago and has moved to another state to be with the baby daddy…her mother, the mother in this story, plans on moving down state in Dec/Jan. Now, only the son is my brothers with the ex here. He is now 22 with a 5 year old bio son that another guy is taking care of because his mama has a new bf and another son with HIM. Are you lost yet? It gets better. Because they all are without, yet each has income, and not from JOBS mind you…they ALL decided to move into my brothers one bedroom small Apt, without asking, just move in and TELL him they are only staying until Dec. My brother and I are estranged for about 5 years THIS time. Last time was ten years and that happened 5 years prior to THIS time. I kicked him out of my life because he would use me mercilessly. He would let his neighbor female use his truck to do whatever she and her boyfriend wanted and tell ME, I was gonna have to learn to live without him. Yet, it has ALWAYS been ME that has ALWAYS been there for him, due to the fact he cant read or write. When hes alone, hes always my best friend. Well, one day he came over, ate all my leftovers, patted his big gut and said…“well, Im burned out on THAT, Ruthie, cooks great burgers so Im going home.” I told him to not ever come back. He lives right across the parking lot from me. I got him that Apt when he was kicked out of the house his mother in law kicked him out of when they ALL lived there, same house the ex inherited. Management told they after 2 weeks they have to leave OR my brother will have to leave also because they all 5 can’t live there. This was before the step daughter and her baby moved away. They moved out into a Hotel. My brother still is in his Apt. ALL of a sudden the ex has money for a HOTEL for her, her 22 years old son, her 30 year old daughter, and the 1 years old baby? The 5 bedroom house sits vacant and abandoned in town and is looking worse by the day. She has been court ordered to clean it up or lose it. She says she inherited that house with all the bills and she doesn’t have to do anything. Now that they are moved out, they come back to do laundry here at the complex, and stay at my brothers all day…building a bill at the Hotel that they walk away from. This is not the same as your issue, and I use it to show you what sounds good to one person, sounds horrible to another. I do not have anything to do with ANY of them. They are squatters, users, low lifes, druggies, and need to get their act together and stop depending on everyone else to take care of them. This is where YOU come in. Get your own place! Don’t allow ANYONE to live with you.

Yeah I would find another place to live asap before he kicks you out again.

1 Like

What if the friend didn’t feed ur kids, stop ur kid from harm Bc they were acting up etc etc? Wouldn’t u be upset? Guys aren’t going to hold grudges like women do

2 Likes

Housing you and your family isn’t his responsibility either, but yet he is…

9 Likes

The 1st time should have been your indication to leave. Now this is the 3rd time and police were involved. I would have tried to be out of there that night.

1 Like

Get out on yourown, what an invironment for your children, and you.

I’m assuming you have nowhere else to live that’s probably why he’s being cool with him… unless you have other living arrangements right now speak up until then let him play his role… do you work also and help pay? It’s easier to be mad and complain then to actually do something about the situation

1 Like

You’re still living in his house. Kick him to what curb? The one you could be living on right now? How dumb are you that you want him to argue or stop talking to this guy when you had to call the police to handle an argument. Not to mention that the friend has tried to kick you out 3 other times. Stay out of it and start packing.

8 Likes

If you guys have no where to go as of right now, then your bf is doing what he has to do so you guys can stay there for the 30 days. Do what you have to do NOW and get out. Find a place and do it don’t worry about what they’re doing. You have a place to lay your head for now so get on up find a place and then talk to your bf about this once you guys are out. He’s doing what he has to do for now so you guys ain’t on the street

8 Likes

Get your own place and stop relying on others to house you. You don’t get to choose your boyfriends friends, or tell him how he’s supposed to feel. It’s obvious that you don’t get along under the same roof, so it’s time to move on.

1 Like

So you want him to end his friendship and make yall homeless… please make this make sense… this questions in this group are wild… no wonder they are anonymous… :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:
And last I checked it takes a village to raise a child…

1 Like

I think I would find a new girlfriend… you seem entitled… grow up. You are a mother and living g in someone’s home

2 Likes

You need to have yourself together before trying to live together! Js

i would move out not a good environment

Your staying in his house but the kids not your boyfriends problem wow

2 Likes

My husband and his family are like this

I would be frantically looking for other accommodation like yesterday

6 Likes

That old beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

6 Likes

Uumm yea you’re wrong. Because that’s what fiends do and this is the 3rd time wow and why haven’t you tried to find a place yet?

6 Likes

Deep breath. Focus on getting yourselves into your own place fast! Not everyone can do the roommate thing and the friend couldn’t handle it apparently. It was probably a nice gesture at first but it didn’t work and it’s time to go. Not ideal and kinda crappy for sure. Let them be friends at least you have a better idea of how this friend is. If they want to be friends they can hangout not around you since you don’t like that friend anymore and are hurt by his actions.

1 Like

Sweetie, he can’t kick you out legally- unless he give you notice, and depending on what state - a bunch of other legal steps. You have established residence there ( mail is proof plus a few other things)

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21672 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://jobsgalexy179.netlify.app/

It’s his friend and he has put him in an awkward situation by bringing all of you there. He knows that so he’s trying his best to make it ok
Meanwhile, move out and get your own place as soon as you can

2 Likes

Your wrong, get over yourself and realize that besties are allowed to fight and make up, it’s the human condition, be happy they worked through it and you still have a place to stay. And tell your boyfriend that he can’t be saying your kid your problem….that’s so fucking disrespectful….I wish my bff would say some stupid shit like that. If my friend sees my kid doing stupid shit, I will always expect her to say something if I’m not there to do it. You sound entitled and naive.

People saying to move out like there isn’t a housing crisis right now :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

No. Your family moved into his place to save money. No matter how close people are this was a disaster from the first thought. There is a saying, fish and company start stinking after three days. Think about it. You need to get your own place. Your an adult and parents. Glad your bf still has his friend.

I suggest moving out into your own place. He has the upper hand because it is his home. If you were given 30 days come 30 days if he’s mad he can use that against you and put you in a situation with no time to find a place. For your peace and your families find your own space. Even if it’s with family or another friend. If this is the 3rd time it isn’t going to change it will only get worse.

2 Likes

i would move out as soon as possible with being your 3rd. being told to move do it before things get bad - if your bf won’t listen than u take the kids and move out .to family or friends place till u can afford to get place of your own - but what i wouldn’t do is put your boyfriend on your lease in case his friend had to move and wanted to stay at your place, because your don’t want this bs to start all over again . think smart because u have kids to think about !

First, you’re living there until July; 30 days is almost July. Surely you can bite your tongue and be civil for a month! Second, It sounds like maybe there is a bit more than posted. For the friend to comment, “Can’t rely on anyone” and your BF having asked the kid to go to bed, I have to wonder if there was some sort of agreement between them regarding some assistance with watching the boy. How old is the boy? Where was his dad? How late is “late”? Maybe you should have asked the dad about the boy going to bed instead of the boy. It doesn’t make sense that the friend would be yelling at his son on Sunday morning. Before the yelling, did you tell the friend you had spoken to the boy? I mean, how did he even know the boy was up all night? Something just doesn’t sound right here. Few missing pieces to the story…

2 Likes

When you move in with anyone it’s a huge gamble. Even with family it gets rocky sometimes. It was nice he let you stay there but when two families live under the same roof it becomes chaotic. Sometimes it’s best to bite your tongue if you are at their mercy. And living with Under someone else’s roof is at their mercy. It’s his home. I’d just do my best to find another place.

Well good luck in finding another place to move

leave him with his buddy and you leave!!!

1 Like

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 18344 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. M0re Info. https://jobsgalexy203.netlify.app/

Will…I can honestly see why he would still talk and get along with him…ya kinda have to keep the peace at least until you move out… kwim?

4 Likes

Good luck getting a place " but please start looking & this person sounds like they could have problems & go’s off every now & then " so please look for a place might not be where you want it but living where you are is not healthy :wink:

2 Likes

Two families often cannot live together. It is too much stress. My guess is that stress is causing little things to feel like huge things and the friend is blowing up. You’ve wore your welcome out and it is time to get out.

5 Likes

Wait, you’re living in his home and want your boyfriend to stop being “friends” with him?

He tried to kick you and your children out not once, not twice but THREE TIMES? You need to take some accountability and remove yourself and your children from this situation and sooner than July.

16 Likes

I mean if you want the 30 days to go as smoothly as possible then it’s best to be friendly and play nice.

I’ve nearly lost friendships because we just weren’t living compatible and going seperate ways saved our relationships.

I would be looking asap for somewhere else even if it’s just you and the kids until you get a better place where you can all be together again.

2 Likes

You have absolutely every right to be upset and I’d damn near leave the boyfriend just cause of that, I hate men who don’t stand up for themselves or their family/loved ones, especially in such serious situations, dudes always have such toxic relationships with their friends for some reason, I see this type of stuff in relationships all the time and have dealt with my own boyfriends Bestfriend from hell, the best friends may be problematic people, but it’s YOUR boyfriend to be worried about & whos the problem, other people can act how they want they arnt your problem, but how your significant other reacts is a whole other story, that man sounds weak minded to me and that’s a no no

I hate the whole “if you want the 30 days to go smoothly just play nice” :face_vomiting:, there is a difference between not playing nice & standing up for yourself, do not let people trample you, this time will pass, but the way you feel about letting people treat you this way without saying a word…will stay with you for much longer

3 Likes

Get your own place with your kids, no BF.

5 Likes

Keep your cool find a house that is BS your BF should have stood up to His friend and not asllowed him to disrepect your family once in your own home you’ll have more say over whether he visits and for how long. But in respect to his child its not your responsibility to make hiim go to bed at a respectable time regardless if you all share a house

1 Like

yes tell ur bf u has to get new friend like now

1 Like

When you are living in someone else’s house you need to play nice or get out.

11 Likes

Id smack the friend for being rude, the bf for still talking to said person and both together for idiots.

Pick your battles. This is not one.

4 Likes

First thing get a place of your own. Two familys living together rarely work. Secondly its not your place to pick your b/f,s friends.

8 Likes

You are in his house enough said

7 Likes

Maybe he’s trying to keep the peace so it’s not a hostile environment for you all. You need to bite your tongue because at the end of the day he is letting you and your family live with him.

11 Likes

Dump the bf and leave. Get ur own place

2 Likes

Why did he kick y’all out 3 times???

3 Likes

i mean if you’re helping pay rent y’all are basically roommates. :woman_shrugging:t2: which is why he couldn’t just kick you out like that but if he’s fine with him the next day does that mean you don’t have to leave within that 30 days? but the fact that he’s basically holding that over you is ridiculous. can’t get mad then threaten to kick people with children out, that’s not cool. his son sounds old enough to know when he’s supposed to go to bed that’s his issue. but i’d still look for a place of your own cause that sounds tiring as hell

4 Likes

He wants use gone. So just leave

In alabama if you receive mail at the house you stay at…they cant just kick you out. They have to give you a legal 30 day written warning then go the same process as eviction

4 Likes

you should leave and go build a life for you and your children you have children who need a home and a school to go to until they gradute and go on their own

1 Like

Get your own place and fast

4 Likes

If he does not want to come leave him

2 Likes

He obviously wants you out

1 Like

You need to do what’s best for your kids, and that’s to leave and find a stable living situation. There is always resources for single moms.

1 Like

So why are you still there if this is the 3rd time it’s happened?

2 Likes

U live in his house… be cordial til your gone

3 Likes

Maybe he’s trying keep cool so you and your family have somewhere to live

6 Likes

You all sound toxic.

2 Likes

Get your own damn apartment for now. Get away from the friend, you cant kick him out if its his apartment. He has to file an eviction before he can kick you out and that costs him money. or suck it up and find a way to get along. tell him to post rules for his kid, and start taking the remote to the game so he cant play it after a certain time