Am I wrong to be upset that my boyfriend was not home for dinner?

Hi looking for advice from other women. My boyfriend and I have recently moved in together. We arent spring chickens. Im 53 and hes 49. Anyway I made dinner for him and his kids and grandkids, told him dinner would be ready in 45 mins. He then decided to go to his moms to pick up something. He came back an hour and a half later. I told him I was upset, he thinks I’m being stupid cause it was just dinner. He says it makes me controlling. Am I wrong?

4 Likes

Is asking your partner to let you know when they arr going to be late really controlling?

Lmfaoo I suck at time management I wouldn’t be that upset but again that’s just me as a person who runs late often :joy:

Absolutely not. I would be upset to after I stood up and cooked and he wasn’t there after being told.

1 Like

Sometimes visiting mom can take time. That’s something you should have considered, especially when he had his kids with him so they could see grandma.

Don’t sweat the small stuff !!! This is Small I would just leave a plate out for him and call it a day and let him warm it up when he gets home

2 Likes

You cooked for his kids and grandkids and he didn’t bother to be on time? Run.

3 Likes

:rage:that’s rude of him an yes u should be upset that’s my opinion!!!

Sounds like this relationship is off to a great start! :grimacing: It might be a silly thing to be upset about, but it was pretty disrespectful to not be home on time and then get mad at her about it.

5 Likes

It’s learning respect a for you. Don’t except anything else

If you communicate when dinner was to be ready and he responded understand, then choose to leave and not return for dinner without letting you know that’s very inconsiderate and I too would be upset. It would be another thing if he didn’t know and you were upset.

4 Likes

That is rude. You were making dinner for more than just the two of you. You told him when dinner would be and he just disregarded what u said and then made it your fault to make a big deal of it. Nope. He would be cooking from now on

You should of paid attention to the red flags before you moved in. Quit trying to be a people pleaser, quit cooking for a while, and say it’s just dinner, if he says anything . JUST BE YOU!

4 Likes

I think you’re fussing over nothing but that doesn’t change the way YOU felt about it.
At this age, if your relationship isn’t fulfilling all the spots you are better off on your own.

Your feelings are hurt and that’s ok. I don’t think you are mad, you are hurt. Express that part to him and let it go.

I don’t think your overreacting, but like you said you guys are not spring chickens which means his mom is not gonna be around as long as you guys so take it with a grain of salt and maybe ask him to time it a little better next time.

I think it would have been different if it had been any regular night, you had made dinner, he had stopped at his moms and was longer than expected. But the fact that you made dinner for him, his children and grandchildren and told him how long until dinner was ready and he chose to go to his mothers and be there well through dinner, I would be upset as well. That isn’t controlling behavior, that’s valid feelings.

Sounds like he’s very immature and certainly does not put you as a high priority. Get out of that situation as soon as you can. He will not change.

Don’t cook for a week, then we’ll see how stupid it seems! Let him control his own hunger! Problem solved!