Am I wrong to cut off my friend for having bed bugs?

Honestly I wouldn’t hang out with them so at least your not alone I’m terrified of bugs
My step kids got lice from daycare 2 years ago and to this day no one’s allowed in my room. Idc how many times they prove to me they are all gone no one goes near my bed, I absolutely hate bugs I’m not even risking it for my own kids so definitely not risking it for a friend

Someone having bedbugs doesn’t make you unclean. Those suckers can be picked up anywhere and anyone can get them. Doesn’t matter who you are, rich or poor. Bed bugs don’t discriminate. They’re extremely hard to get rid of even with exterminators coming in to treat the home. Instead of ending your friendship, how about talking to her, setting some boundaries and being supportive? She’s probably embarrassed enough that she has them without losing her friend because of them.

31 Likes

Nope i did! And i kept my distance only seeing eachother outside

Wasnt allowed inside either

I’ve struggled with bed bugs and they are a nightmare. I also got them from a friend’s house, she’d bring them in her enormous purse…but I wouldn’t cut off the whole friendship, just be honest and limit the contact between your stuff and hers.

3 Likes

I support you. Not shallow at all.

1 Like

Ive done this before. We were still friends just didnt hang out at his house

Invest in some diatomaceous earth. Not the food Grade there is some for killing bed bugs put in all cracks and crevices in your house vacuum and replace every other week. Put on mattress too. It got rid of the bed bugs my boyfriend brought back from work.

5 Likes

Looks like your friend needs to get a better friend. Bes bugs are not easy to get rid of and not fun either. Just cut ties and go.
Took me a year to get rid of mine after i was given a mattress for my kid. All the hell i went through to get rid of them, judgement wasn’t needed. You can be clean AF and get them.

17 Likes

She never once said her friend was unclean or talked down about her. She was expressing HER fear of them. They are EXPENSIVE to deal with. And this woman had a right to avoid the situation.
Talk to your friend tell her that once she has an inspection you would feel better about the situation. Don’t ghost her, just be honest. If she doesn’t understand that is on her. You have a right to your feeling and the right to not want to have to deal with bugs in your home.

8 Likes

Not all all. I worked at a nursing home who had an outbreak of them and they never told anything. After they switched owners, I called state and reported them.

Your friend needs better friends

9 Likes

Sounds like she doesn’t need a “friend” like you! Goodness grow up!

7 Likes

I have this same fear, but with fleas…they are hard to get rid of too!

2 Likes

A tad bit shallow. I adjusted my house incase they come over and it helped me improve my quality of life about being cleaner. All my beds have the plastic zip up covers. Sofas. So it’s easier to not only get rid of but prevent as well. It’s just not worth diminishing a relationship. If anything I would even come over to ensure they were gone.

2 Likes

That’s not a valid reason to stop being friends with someone over something like that. Just don’t go to their house but there’s still ways to hang out.

2 Likes

Well you can research what to do to help.
It’s more than just an exterminator.
Dematious earth, Spray, Getting rid of furniture, Sealing up personal items in air tight containers, pillows and mattresses protective covers, vacuuming, etc etc etc it’s a bitch!
Understand you can get them anywhere! Work, shopping, movie theater, kids at school, parks, yard sales… anywhere humans have tracked them.
I worked in a place that had them I didn’t take in a coat, purse, lunch bag, NADA! I used one pair of shoes for work when I got off of work the shoes went in a container in my trunk and dematious earth was in my car. I stripped, clothes in washer, and shower.
You probably have contact with people that have them and they haven’t told you.

1 Like

Be a friend by saying how can I help u try to get rid of them don’t throw away a friendship over it. Yes bed bugs suck but to be wanting to end a friendship over it is shallow. If u have extra money to help buy some products to help ur friend out that would be a true friend.

5 Likes

I’m not even sure what to say to that.

4 Likes

I completely agree with everyone that has said your friend needs a better friend. Are you really willing to cut of a friendship because shes had bedbugs, I feel this is too extreme. I’ve recently had mice in my house and from experience I can tell you I’ve had sleepless nights, stressful days trying to deal with them. Pests are stressful to deal with especially spending lots of money to rid of them only to have them come back.
I would express my concerns and be completely honest with her, but cut her off? Definitely not. I cant even begin to imagine the embarrassment and stress she feels even being in this situation… My friends came over to help me deal with my mice problem and even sat up all night with me catching them with mouse traps and filling holes in my walls with me. She sounds like she needs a good friend at this stressful time.

6 Likes

I told my own family they couldn’t come to my house because they had bed bugs. It caused a big stink but we had just gotten new furniture and I was not risking it. To this day (even though they say they don’t have them anymore) If we visit their home I have everyone strip outside when we get home and clothes go straight into a hot washing machine. There is nothing wrong with protecting your home just explain to your friend that you care for them but you can’t risk it and that you will have to hang out publicly or at their place outside. Bed bugs are the devil of all pest and very very costly to get rid of. I wouldn’t stop being friends with them though because bed bugs are also very common and very easy to get and it is no fault of theirs that they got them.

1 Like

Girl they’re NEVER 100% gone. I trusted my friend with a dresser… she said she doesn’t have any and I took her word for it.

1 Like

You still can be friends but I understand not wanting to get them and they need to understand that also. So hopefully the find a way this time so you guys can hangout again

1 Like

You do realise they’re nocturnal and only feed at night? Also they only live close to where people sleep(not always just under the mattress) … so if she keeps her clothes in a separate room to where she sleeps… assuming she wears clean clothes every day… then there’s an extremely small chance of her “carrying them around”. If she walks around in her pjs or sleeps in her work clothes and wears them every day then… maybe

Honestly I’m the same way…we had them a long time ago and it was a living hell! I was severely depressed and that was the reason…it’s so hard to get rid of them…I would be the exact same way! Any mention of someone even possibly having them it’s a no go for me…

2 Likes

I can’t really blame you who the hell wants those nasty things and you can’t trust people they say they don’t have them when they do

3 Likes

Nope I’m a germaphobe too and would insist on having them stay away. That’s dirty and disgusting.

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re shallow at all. I worked section 8 for a few years and have seen first hand what that little creature is capable of even with exterminators coming in on a regular basis. Do you boo!!

I wouldnt stop being friends with them but until this issue is fixed dont go over there or have them come to your house! Yall can still hang out outside of yall homes but dont have her in your car either.

1 Like

No, you’re not wrong. Bed bugs don’t go away. They don’t die on their own. You need an exterminator that has a certificate for bed bug eradication. If they don’t come back and check with a dog or the entire house wasn’t tented, don’t trust it. They hide on clothes, so your friends could be spreading them around. Keeping a home clean will not get rid of or prevent them.

3 Likes

I dont blame you one little bit. My granddaughter moved into an apartment with her two kids and they were in the carpet which ultimately made it to the beds, closets, clothes, just everywhere. You can pick them up anywhere but they are a pain in the rush to get rid of. It’s also expensive to get rid of. She moved but ended up tossing so many things because she didnt want to take a chance of taking them with her. I dont think you are a bad friend, as you said you can meet at other places.

2 Likes

Yeah cut them off for a while at least. My friend had it and I didn’t know they could go place to place and we ended up with them for over a year it took us to get them all gone. And she still has them till this day. I had to quit going to her home.

Absolutely not. I left a whole apartment because it was infested when we moved in. Lost all of our furniture and beds and everything because I wasn’t bringing them with us. Those are IMPOSSIBLE to rid, do everything you can to not get them‼️

I’m confused, what is this bed bug thing ? :flushed::flushed:???
Never heard of it.

DO NOT feel bad for not having any of that shit. I had them once and was grossed out by my own house and took me over a year to stop checking our own beds. We paid so much money for an exterminator and multiple follow up checks and I still was grossed out but all it takes is one tiny bug to get into your stuff and you are screwed.

4 Likes

If you care this much about a friendship maybe offer some help…maybe they cant aford an exterminator. The whole process is very expensive and over whelming. Ive been threw this paid thousands to get rid of them. Help a friend out :blush:

9 Likes

Sorry you aren’t wrong at all !!

They are worse then any bug! My sister brought them to my apartment once years ago. People knew she had them but didn’t tell me. They destroyed my furniture. Lived passed and exterminated treatment… I threw a lot away then kept my stuff locked in a hot uhaul for a week! Their was still survivors once I moved. They travel on pets too. Everything I read about them was worse then what it says. They are so hard to get rid of its bad. I’m traumatized to this day and it was years ago. Even mention of them makes me wired out…

2 Likes

Clearly y’all aren’t good enough friends if you have to end a friendship over this. That’s insane. You can’t call or text and meet outside the home to hangout? Or does that not exist where you live? I swear people think of the dumbest excuses to cut people off when there are so many reasonable solutions. I wouldn’t want a friend like you, especially if I was trying my hardest to better the issue with the bedbugs. Those fuckers are hard to get rid of

11 Likes

Yes they are hell to get rid of i didnt quit being friends with these people it was a trailer park that 3-4 trailers we knew of had them we got them by the friends my daughter helped one of the neighbors get rid of them after we started treating which i tossed everthing in trash even took up the carpet and kept spraying from a pest control place $20 a bottle up to a year the exterminator says it has nothing to do with filth but you have to find the source and get rid of as i did and im not dirty one of the other trailer people didn’t care they had them so i did quit hanging are giving rides the other 2 trailers got rid of theres too but they are terror i was praying and spraying till we finally got rid of them they are awful terror hope and pray i never have to go through that again are to know anyone that has them i say that but guess i would try to educate anyone if there were to be future critters to anyone i knew. Have a Blessed day

Nope, sorry I don’t blame you. I don’t think I’d end a friendship over it but I wouldn’t be going to their house and they wouldn’t be coming to mine so I guess that could potentially end a friendship.

2 Likes

We rented a house for two years couldn’t get rid of them no matter what. Had to start completely over with furniture, clothing everything when we moved we didn’t take a thing with us. They’re the most awful things ever and extremely embarrassing :see_no_evil:
I just wouldn’t go to their houses or let them ride with you. maybe just meet in public places like parks, restaurants, I wouldn’t stop being friends with them though.

Nope I wouldn’t hang with them. Bed bugs are an expensive, disgusting and time consuming issue. I wouldn’t risk it

3 Likes

Lmaoo you’re not cutting them off really. You’re preserving your home. Just be honest and if they’re mad they’re mad :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Don’t be neglectful over something they can’t help. It would be different if they didn’t care about the bugs. Be kind and imagine yourself struggling with the issue like they are.

You are definitely being shallow and cruel for no reason. I would just say I have know you have gotten rid of them before I go over. But to cut them off totally is just showing your friend that she is better off with out someone like you in their life. Try being reassuring to them instead. In all honesty, they have every right to be mad at you and wash their hands of you.

3 Likes

I mean, I wouldn’t knowingly risk exposing myself or home to them. But at the same time you realize you can pick them up literally anywhere right? Hotels, restaurants, clothing stores, furniture stores. The only way to 100% avoid them for sure is to never do anything, don’t go anywhere, don’t buy anything, don’t socialize with anyone in person… I’d say if your friend is sure she’s clear of them ask her to double check just to be extra sure and explain you’re just nervous because you know how hard they can be to get rid of. Maybe take some extra precautions yourself when you hang out with her for awhile, like changing quickly once you get home if you go to her place, check and even treat areas she spends time in if she visits your home… there’s ways to take steps to protect yourself without basically abandoning the friendship.

6 Likes

Look bed bugs are just as pesky as roaches neither are fun. I wouldn’t feel bad about it but I would be open an honest with them even to a point I would be like well let me come look then we can talk lol but that’s just me. I had a friend that had them an she told me the same thing but I went over an she still had them but I did help her get rid of them

1 Like

They are worse than lice!

3 Likes

I’ve been through this paid for an exterminator and it didn’t do any good. I took care of it myself. It took a year of hard work. Tell them to go to home depot get the goodnight bed bug spray, diatomaceous earth and I moved all my furniture out of the house everyday sprayed, put the DE down and what I could stick in plastic bags in the attic curtains. Sheets bedding very hot dryer. The DE has to stay down. But she needs to find the nest. Also tell her to caulk all baseboards and windowsills that’s where my best was in the windowsill.

2 Likes

I dont blame you at all!! Bed bugs are the spawn of Satan!! I hate them with everything in me! I lived in an apt complex, at one time, and ended up with them. It’s been years and I’m still traumatized! If a certain spot on my body is itchy, I’m paranoid! I’m checking it and making sure there’s no welts. I’m checking mattresses, couches, etc. Those little SOB’s are the worst!! I’d cut off family, friends, coworkers, I Dont Care!! Did I mention I hate the lil bastards?! :woozy_face::rofl:

9 Likes

I just came here to tell you I’ve done the exact same thing! Screw that! My ex knew his parents had them and invited them to my house without informing me… (he didn’t see it as a big deal) long story short, it was a fucking disaster and I put my foot down. That was the last time they were in my home. They’ve since given them to more of his family, probably others I don’t know about as well considering how BAD they had them… It’s unfortunate for me, because he’s also my child’s donor, so there may be a potential for it again down the road :tired_face::weary: I literally have ptsd from them, it traumatized me. After almost 6,000 dollars to get rid of them, while raising a newborn, with literally zero help from him; absolutely not. Never again. BYE!

4 Likes

No you are not wrong. Bed bugs are the fuckin devil. They never die, also can lay dormant for up to a year. :flushed::flushed::flushed:

1 Like

I have an intense phobia of bed bugs. I completely get everything you’re saying. You have to do what’s best for you.

7 Likes

I dont blame you we let friends in transition stay with us for 2 weeks it took us 2yrs to get rid of the bed bugs they brought with ! Very expensive had to get rid of all furniture 2xs !!

5 Likes

Are they good friends? Would u want any one of ur friends ending a friendship over this as u are trying so hard to get rid of the problem. Do ur friends mean anything to u? Treat others how u want to be treated. Some things in life cant be helped, however they are trying. Do u actually think they want this disaster in their life? Do u? Is it worth giving up on a good friend? Do u want someone to give up on u? Think about ur choices, thoughts, think about if it was u!

6 Likes

I’m having this same issue but with family. Last year they got them and didnt tell us and brought them to our house we got ate up and didnt even know what was going on by the time we realized it we had a serious problem. My landlord paid 1500$ to get the house clean and we did all the steps and we got rid of it thank gosh. But that family member lives in appartment and they keep getting them. They even house sat for my sister and didnt tell her they had them again and slept at her house on the couch, futon and guest bedroom! She went over to there house a few days later and saw them and was pissed that they house sat without telling her they had them again. So obviously I had to write them and say they cant come over here and even uninvited them to my sons birthday and they were mad taking it personal and still keep saying things about coming by for this or that to where I have to reiterate it again and again. It sucks and I feel bad but we can’t go through that again. I told them they need to move and get exterminated again first. But I’m not risking that if they always keep getting them.and dont wana tell people. I’m completely on your side if you’ve had them you never wana get it again!

2 Likes

It’s not worth the risk of getting them. #ProfessionalAdvice

6 Likes

I don’t think your over reacting at all I moved into a house that had bed bugs and didn’t know until about 3 weeks after moving I never even knew about them I kept thinking we were getting mosquito bites but then one day I felt something crawling on me on the couch and I grabbed and looked up what it was. My landlord treated the house for us but it was so infested they were dormant in the walls so they had to treat out house 3 times my kids stayed with my grandma because they were terrified I couldn’t stand the fact of something crawling on me and sucking my blood while I was sleeping so I slept in my car a lot and I had one friend thy let me stay a few night with her but I made sure I took all the precautions drying my clothes before putting them on I didn’t take my purse in the house. It was a nightmare for about a month and it definitely traumatized me I wouldn’t wish bed bugs on anyone and if I found out someone had them I wouldn’t let them come to my house either unless the stripped at the door so I could throw their clothes in the dryer and I wouldn’t let them bring any bags with them. You don’t know how it is until you have been through it.

3 Likes

You can always fumigate and flea bomb your place after they leave. Perhaps burn sage and sterilize the toilet too. Because if they’re that contagious you’re in grave danger every time you face the outside world.

4 Likes

You are not wrong. Bed bugs are hard to get rid of and will travel

2 Likes

Yes. You can get rid of them on your own. An you being cautious is just fine… Its what everyone was doing to make sure they either didnt get them .or made sure others where not bring them in.How ever i have pissed my bf off a few times.cause he was letting ppl in his car.an when i would get in i would either get eaten up by the fleas or would find a bed bug on me from his car.an i was not trying to be mean.I told him that who ever he had in his car had flea’s or had bed bugs. Please be carefull of who u let in ur car. He got pissy about it because he thought I was cracking on his friends but that’s not what I was even worried about like dude I’m highly allergic to flea bites and bed bug bites they will itch the f*** out of me until I scratch myself Raw. Just because he doesn’t know they’re in the car doesn’t mean that I don’t I find them the minute I get in there but they’re attracted to me or some s***. Do something or i can’t be in ur car.oh an if he was useing mine. Yea thats a hell no .no one is aloud in my car. I don’t beed flea’s. Or bed bugs

I mean, I feel like that is hard… they are going through a hard time. I would be pretty upset because sometimes pests live in one single pillow case and come back. I had lice as a child because someone gave it to me and I would cry if someone said they didn’t want to be my friend over something I couldn’t control. I think maybe insist they don’t come over until it is 100% gone, but I would not unfriend someone because of that.

2 Likes

My niece got bed bug from a hotel she stayed in never knew it till her kids started to get bit. She had them so bad. They brought a team in to clean her house. Got rid of all her furniture carpet and all they where in her walls. Took almost a year for her house to bed bug free. They ended up cooking her house to make sure they where all dead. To this day she has very little in her house don’t go no where and kids can’t say no wherr and no friends in the house. It’s sad

1 Like

I was a housing officer for a local authority many years ago. I had to go into a house with bedbugs just as I had bought my own home. I literally stripped off at my front door and had nightmares of bringing them home for ages. I can really appreciate your caution. That house was fumigated 7 times but they were lying dormant in the walls and we had to ensure that it was vacant for years so that we starved those little fuckers out.

If they threw out the furniture they may be bed bug free. But if they didn’t, then don’t get close

Don’t blame u one bit! They r to hard to get rid of once u have them!!

Had same issue with my family.

You have to have boundaries. Explain why you feel that way to your friend, like you did here. They either Will emphasise with you and understand, or they won’t. If they don’t understand, then I would consider them am acquaintance and not a friend. Boundaries are needed for all. It’s called self love.

1 Like

Def not overreacting. Ive had this happen and its not just the physical aspect, its the mental too. Especially if the bites get bad. I had them all over my body and face and it was hard to remain strong. I wouldnt take the chance ever again. We just went through a pandemic where relationships were kept up through video and phone calls. Theres no reason you have to put yourself or your family through that when you can be a friend to her in other ways. People have best friends that they don’t see for years. Schedule dates with her over video but own your decision. Let her know you cant take the chance but you want to make the relationship work. If shes a true friend she’ll understand.

My best friend picked lice out of my hair and I have for her. I mean I understand your fear of getting them but I would think if you really research them you could actually be a part of the solution and help her. If you aren’t willing to do that then I don’t see why lunches out wouldn’t be ok? Most of my friends and I do that anyway. However my best friends we would take care of the issue together for sure. We are family.

9 Likes

Bed bugs are really hard to get rid of, its a lot of treating and vacuuming. What really works is a high heat for a few hours to kill all stages. Cutting off your relationship with them isn’t going to do anything but bring embarrassment and anger.

4 Likes

I can understand not wanting to adopt someone else’s problem. I think the best thing you can do is help figure out how to treat them. I used to clean out houses and had to treat them a few times so i suppose that’s why i sound so confident that it’s an easier process than people realize. You might help make their life 5 times better by doing so.

4 Likes

I mean being leary is one thing but cutting a friend off over that is drastic. If any of my true friends had bed bugs i would be there helping them get rid of them if they asked.

52 Likes

I got rid of bed bugs TWICE completely on my own. You literally buy the spray, get rid of everything you don’t want or use anymore, wash every single item you can in hot water and dry it, replace your mattresses and couches, and vacuum 40 million times (including corners), and you should be good. I spray preventatively once a month and haven’t had a problem in over 2 years. I live in an apartment building so I feel like they can travel through walls.

1 Like

I had bed bugs before and had to pay thousands to get rid of them after 5 treatments every 2 weeks. My anxiety was at an all time high when we had them. I still have PTSD from it and it has been over 4 years. These bugs changed my life. I don’t want people over my house. I don’t want to go over other people’s houses. I don’t like staying at hotels and if I do I literally tear the bed apart and looking with a flashlight for them. I’m also flipping mattresses over. If I’m in a public waiting room or on public transportation I look for them before I will sit down. I shake all of my belongings when I get home. So I don’t blame you at all.

10 Likes

I think cutting them off is a bit extreme. Those things are a pain to get rid of, doesn’t mean they aren’t trying or are dirty. And I’ve had them and didn’t use a professional exterminator. Some people can’t afford that. It is possible to get rid of them without hiring someone. I found a product that worked like a charm and haven’t had an issue since. If you could so easily cut off a friend over something like this I would have to question how genuine your friendship was in the first place.

19 Likes

The problem is is most people are trying to treat with chemicals they can not be treated with chemicals it take heat to treat and if its and apartment you have to heat treat the WHOLE apartment or they do not go away.

6 Likes

I don’t blame you. You cannot spray bed bugs away the way people claim. It is an expensive process that can only be completed with an expensive heat treatment etc-and still isn’t a guarantee. I’m leery and honest. I’m not bringing it home with me if I can help it. I would refer them to proper pest control and steer clear for a while. Most people don’t take it as seriously as I do; I suppose because I have seen people keep reinfesting because they will not handle the issue properly and quarantine for a while. I wouldn’t dare invite you over knowing you could take them home! That’s just good friend etiquette to protect your home as I would my own.

1 Like

They are hard to get rid of but I don’t blame you for protecting yourself and home

I would do the same , I would explain your fear. Everyone that’s saying here that you are exaggerating I am sure never had to deal with a plague (bed bugs are one of the worst). I would just being honest with them

1 Like

Been through it. They were brought into my home. The financial and mental burden getting rid of them is no joke. I love all my friends but… not that much lol :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Must not be much of a friend if you are considering cutting them off over this. Think of how much the friendship may affect you. You can get rid of bugs and you can prevent yourself from having an issue by using anti bed bug spray before she visits.

7 Likes

I feel like the people that are implying you’re a bad friend have never had bed bugs.

4 Likes

I mean if you have to ask are you even that great of a friend? Crap happens bed bugs does not mean they are dirty how do you know the house didnt have them before they moved in? Go ahead and cut them off they dont need a judgy friend like you anyways :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

If you are so worried about some one having them. I hope you know they can also come from clothes at a store or any where you buy things.

1 Like

Man… I had bed bugs once :grimacing: unbeknownst to me, I moved into an already infested apartment. Ughhh… they were everywhere, but by the time we noticed, it was too late… we tried all the chemicals. Im not even joking. Bombed the place time after time to no avail. We ended up getting a steamer, Stam mop, and hand held steamer… Killing them with heat is 1000x better than chemicals. We didn’t stay there past our lease, and didn’t take anything with us that may have had the bugs on them. I never saw them after that, thank God. It’s been over 7 years now since that crap. Good luck to your friend :+1:

1 Like

Only meeting for lunch in public places is not cutting off a friend. I don’t blame you for not having them over or wanting to visit their home. Do what you need to do to make sure that your home stays bed bug–free.

3 Likes

Sweep and mop all the floor… Please don’t be mean just help them clean out everything for they have peace of mind too

2 Likes

Oh my goodness…they wouldnt come to my house nor ride my car or vise versa…they hide in clothing and expensive to get rid of sorry but no visits for now…and only thing next re they prob wont let you know…

2 Likes

You want to cut a friend out of your life over something everyone here agrees they can not control ??? Like they have some infectious disease ??? During this time were we have lost people and visits & family dinners / holidays over a pandemic ??? Doesn’t sound like YOU are a friend worth keeping then. Meet them at a park…sit in the yard.

5 Likes

Please don’t cut them off. It’s humiliating as it is. Trust me. However I’m going to retract that first sentence. You’re a crap friend if you’re willing to cut someone off over this. They will be better off if you step out. Just don’t be a bigger turd and ghost them. Let them know about your personality flaw openly.

2 Likes

Well it a bad and long time to get rids but people’s even clean people’s get bed bugs it yr throw ing stuff out

I think it is completely reasonable. I myself will not go to my mothers house due to bed bugs. They have paid thousand of dollars to get rid of bed bugs. Had to throw all furniture out, basically everything. They still have bed bugs. This has been over 5 years and They just can’t get rid of them. I could not take the chance of that happening to my house. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

i had a few family members who had them(at no fault of their own, they were very clean people) and it was a long process, its hard keeping up on these little critters they had exterminator after exterminator, heat treatments two to three times and nothing got rid of them. we were told baby powder or any kind of powder or 97% rubbing alcohol. (the rubbing alcohol only kills the bugs if you spray it directly on the bug) but the baby powder i put all around their baseboards and under mattresses and also in a bowl under every leg on their beds and they said it killed more bugs then the exterminators did. even if you are leery of going to their home to help them maybe you could pass this along to maybe help them. also if they have carpet put powder all over the carpet and leave it on there because they live in the carpets as well.

2 Likes

Just be honest with your friend. Let them know of your fears. Offer help in any way they allow.

Help clean all the house. Wash all there sheets. Even wash there hair so they get the point to be clean

2 Likes

No you are not crazy. Bed bugs can be extremely time consuming and expensive to get rid of especially if you are in a house.

Girl! Don’t let these people make you feel bad. Do what you have to do. You don’t have to cut her off but be honest with her

If I was that friend…I would cut you off🤷