Am I wrong to cut off my friend for having bed bugs?

I have a coworker that lives in a hotel. They have bed bugs. I stopped picking her up on my way in now.

4 Likes

I would not use that as a reason to cut off my friend. Geez. Stuff happens. Actually if she is your friend I would offer to help her to get rid of them.

1 Like

I would be the same but only I would be honest and not make an excuse. I would straight up tell them that until their bedbug problem was completely gone they wouldnt be stepping foot in my house and I wouldnt be going in theirs either.

1 Like

Yes you are wrong, you are terrible friend. Help them i get your scared but imagine being them.

I recommend crossfire. Its really good stuff…

Bed bugs are no joke

There’s a difference between cutting off contact and cutting off a relationship. Bed bugs are not about cleanliness, but a concentrated effort must be made to eliminate them.

1 Like

I get it but as long as you don’t go in their home and they are not visiting with luggage I think you’ll be fine I dont think they travel on humans dont feel bad either thats a big problem just like fleas or lice to get rid off so being cautious isn’t a bad thing Also idk about bed bugs but certain smells deter lice and fleas maybe use something like that

Why aren’t any of you telling her these MIRACLE PRODUCTS you claim worked so she can suggest them to these friends to help them out??

1 Like

How come your friends all have bedbugs ?? Lol

3 Likes

And it could be scalies to

Bed bugs are terrible, and so hard to get rid of. Stay far away from those who have them! The only way to truly get rid of them is to burn the F#@$ing house down!

I’d just be honest about the fear and your experience. I knew someone who had their house professionally heat treated THREE TIMES and still had them. Has to get rid of virtually all their furniture etc. I was terrified to go over there for a solid year lol…it’s a legitimate concern and your friend should be understanding

1 Like

A really good method I’ve found for treating this problem is pinesol. We had to clean a rental we were going to move into that had this issue and within days the little bugs died. This is because straight pinsol sprayed directly on the bug and in infested areas causes the bug to explode effect killing them quickly and ridding the problem. I hope this helps you and your friend feel free to share this information with them and hopefully they can be rid of their problems once and for all.

That would be a no go for me

Nope. They’re despicable creatures very difficult and expensive to eradicate. Who would blame you? Not I.

I remember someone came to stay with me and didn’t tell me that where they staying it was infested with bedbugs took me 2 1/2yrs plus never did I get help replacing lost my couches 2 beds plus all the money I had to spend it cost me over 8 thousand

Sorry, but I’m not choosing a friend over my kid. There is no way in hell I’m going to hangout with someone knowing they have bed bugs and risk bringing that to my kid to be ate tf up. Nope.

I’ve had bed bugs in the past and they take a lot to get rid of. You have to get an exterminator and our exterminator had to come back a second time. However, if you are true friends then you will help them in any way possible to get rid of them or to help them raise the money to get an exterminator. You dont just shrug them off. That’s not a true friend.

I got my friend this spray and wash shit when she had them I knew you couldnt afford it so I helped her

Wow just don’t be my friend EVERRRRRRRRR :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Just live in a bubble.

Cutt them off find new friends honestly plenty of people without bed bugs you do not need that shit in your life !! Idc what anyone says

What Brandie Blevins said :point_up:

Wow! Dont you sound like a good friend to have :joy::joy::joy:

12 Likes

Keep them at a distance

You can literally bring them home from a department store school hospital and motels I would be more like hey girl let’s kick these little fuckers to the curb lol that is what a friend does not run when it’s not something convenient for you I get being cautious but you are not nasty to get them but you nasty if you keeping them as pets lol I say go to your friend and talk to them and see how you can help her

Other people’s feelings aren’t more important than keeping yourself free from parasites. You’re a smart girl!

1 Like

Girl no don’t feel bad. I let my nephew live with me and he gave me bed bugs and it took forever to get rid of them and he is no longer allowed at my house

1 Like

I wouldn’t cut them off because of it. Just don’t go visit over there. It’s an embarrassing issue to have (i used to have them) until i spent the money for an exterminator

1 Like

My sister got bed bugs from her next door apartment so they travel

1 Like

No because bedbugs are extremely expensive and HARD to get rid of. My family is in property management and whenever a tenant gets them (usually from going to yard sales OR traveling) it’s a HUGE ordeal. I wouldn’t :stop_sign: being her friend but make sure the problem is :100: cured. It runs where I live about $2,500 to get rid of them but can go much higher if more than one treatment is required.

HONESTLY you can get them anywhere. We got them from stuffed animals my ex sent over with my son from his mom’s house. Took me months to get rid of them. Its crazy

So your headline asks is it ok to cutoff a friend? But then you mention you are still seeing this friend for lunches, to me cutting someone off is no contact whatsoever? If you are still meeting her for lunches than she should understand why.
I moved into a townhouse where the previous tenants had them and was never told by the landlord, it started a whole 6 months of legal trouble, embarrassment, frustration, anger and we ended up moving. If you can’t even meet her for lunch though than it doesn’t sound like you were a very good friend to start, my friends knew that I just had a shitty landlord and that I was not dirty, and neither was my family or my home. Trust me what she is going/gone through is way more traumatizing for her than it is for you and it’s nice to have supportive friends even if it’s just through a phone call.

Read an article couple years ago about a library getting them. Totally shocked me

Yes you’re wrong… you don’t have to visit until they’re gone but to end a friendship is Asinine

I don’t play when it comes to bed bugs so no I don’t blame you for not wanting them in your house or car

I don’t think you are overreacting they suck. My husband and I once had them at our old apartment lucky me myself and I actually got a bunch of stuff and managed to get rid of them pretty quickly… I guess you can call it luck.

I would tell her exactly what is bothering me. All feelings aside. Fact of the matter is! You have a bed bug infestation. You need to thoroughly clean and exterminate your home. Wash everything in hot water. 3 times said at least a month. Or we can’t keep hanging out 🤷

1 Like

You are not wrong. I let a friend that i didn’t know had bedbugs do their laundry at my house. I ended up having to get rid of alot furniture bc they were just too bad. It sucked big dog poop but it was best. I also had to have an an exterminator come several times. Most people won’t do the work it takes to get rid of them.

I used to work at a hotel and these guests brought bed bugs but after wiping everything down and bombing the room just once they went away. So you definitely can get rid of them on your own.

Ok you are not overreacting. My hubby and I had bed bugs. Transferred by my parents. When we found out we had bugs, we cleaned everything and severely decluttered to avoid dark areas they could hide. Then when we found out it was from my parents house, because they admitted to bed bugs, I stopped visiting them and asked them to stop visiting us. We told our landlord and they immediately started spray treatment on all the borders of the inside of our apartment every week. Our lease was ending soon with the place we were staying at the time, so we decided to throw away everything. Clothing furniture books and so on. Like starting new. The few items of clothing we did keep we washed in hot water and dried on high heat. It was a lengthy process. I still refuse to invite my family inside our current place, if they visit we hang out in the backyard. And I don’t visit them, because I have seen bed bugs in their curtains, and if it’s that bad, I don’t know how they sleep at night. This was 3 1/2 years ago and my parents still have bed bugs. I never want to go through that 3 months of hell ever again. Just typing this to tell you how frustrating it can be and that I’m lucky to have escaped the bugs quickly. Only because my husband and I were financially able to restart at the time. So no you are not overreacting. I have distanced my family because of bed bugs.

My best friend since children moved in with me gave me bed bugs so I dont trust no one!!! Cost me almost 2 grand to get rid of them I wasnt happy my friend did not offer to help with expenses so I got screwed with the whole bill!! No nope never again

Say the same thing you did here… id stay far far away myself

do you want to shell out a lot of money to get rid of them ? do you want them in your house ? then you tell them no.

Sometimes you have to be honest…explain your fear to them but also let them know its not personal. I have an irrational fear of people in my personal space and constantly have to explain to people why i dont invite people over

Nope you’re not in the wrong. Talking on the phone or texting is one thing. Hanging out and giving rides, nope, nope, nope.

3 Likes