An update to me being pregnant with my best friends dads child

Can you post an update as a new post for me? I kinda have a question too…and don’t know what to do…I am the girl who messaged the other day about me being pregnant by my best friends dad…we are in love, not just hooking up…she didnt take the news very well…which i get…kinda…its not like this was planned it just happened and i wish she would understand this…my issue is…we are going to get married and i want my best friend to be my braidsmaid and she straight up refused…the wedding is in 6 months and i want to plan as if she will be there…does anyone think she will come around or should i find a new bridesmaid…which i dont want her to do…i love her but i am in love with her dad and I cant call things off like she wants me too…i feel horrible she feels so betrayed but at the same time this is what i have been looking for my entire life…what do i do?

549 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. An update to me being pregnant with my best friends dads child

Find someone else. You crossed a line you deal with the repercussions of it

27 Likes

Unfortunately with the lack of respect initially I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t come around before the wedding.

21 Likes

Honestly you shouldn’t have slept with her dad that’s shit you don’t do so I don’t blame her your a shitty friend

Move forward. Yes she is hurt and feels betrayed. Time will heal wounds.

You’re going to have to find someone else there’s no way that girl’s going to show up for that.

11 Likes

I would never talk to you again. You crossed a line that should never be crossed.

35 Likes

This is getting boring. You’re obviously in need of attention and posting here to get it…

7 Likes

In times like this I like to ask myself… what would Jerry do?

10 Likes

I would give her more time to process before asking her to stand next to you in her father’s wedding. It’s a difficult situation and not showing empathy to your best friend is going to add fuel to the fire. You need to take a step back put yourself in HER shoes and honestly she might never come around but pressuring her she definitely won’t come around

6 Likes

She won’t be there. Maybe save her a spot, but get a new bridesmaid… you crossed a line…

8 Likes

I mean you have to understand this from her side too… You are going to be her step mom technically. I would just treat her normal and stop mentioning anything that pertains to baby, Dad, and wedding. She definitely need time to soak this in. It’s wild.

3 Likes

I honestly believe you need to move on with your life and realize that by getting involved with her dad, you ruined your friendship with her. I don’t see anything she’s doing as wrong. She’s hurt and she’s right, you did betray her. These are the consequences of your actions, unfortunately I don’t blame her at all. You deserve this.

25 Likes

These troll posts are hilarious :joy:

2 Likes

You should have talked to her sooner than this but what is done is done… You can’t expect her to put her feelings aside and you telling her you wish she would be a bridesmaid even after she expressed how hurt and upset she is… You are completely disregarding her feelings. You are going to be her step mom. Ages 5 10 20 or 50 you need to respect her feelings because you are going to be a figure head in her life now not just a friend. Respect her wishes to distance herself if she comes around good for all if she doesn’t so be it…

I wouldn’t want to be a bridesmaid at my best friend/step mom wedding either. Just leave that girl alone. You’re doing to much.

48 Likes

Nah you lost her friendship … there’s no repairing that … her ‘dad’ … you crossed over big time boundaries

1 Like

I think she is being ridiculous, but that is just me. You did not cross no line. Love is love right? You can’t help who you love right? You friend may be hurt, but if she is a true friend she will get over it. Give her a few months then revisit the topic. She does deserve time, because you should have told her a long time ago. Congratulations by the way.

12 Likes

Get married and then ground her for being unreasonable. :man_shrugging:

67 Likes

I really don’t even think that you all have been together long enough to have a baby let alone get married and you sound so immature. She probably won’t come around in the next 6 months she might not even come around ever so if you’re determined to marry her father then you’re just going to have to move on and find somebody else

7 Likes

I would find another bridesmaid. Hopefully things can be repaired but being pregnant and planning a wedding it won’t happen to later on.

I swear some of those post are just trolling for comments like come on now who wouldn’t understand someone not wanting to be a part of their ex an best friends wedding lol and if this is true you don’t deserve her friendship anyways for numerous reasons :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Who needs enemies with friends like you

14 Likes

Six months is not a very long time to reconsider things. Understandably she feels betrayed. I think it’s silly to be so upset that you’re with her dad but I can understand that you never talked to her. It should’ve been a conversation first. You also need to take her feelings into consideration. She’s your best friend and you’re going from a best friend like a sister relationship to stepmom. That changes the whole dynamic of the relationship. It’s also a very different relationship from her going to hanging with her best friends baby to her little sister. There’s a lot of feelings and emotions for her that you also need to consider. I would give her time, but I would definitely recommend finding a backup.

1 Like

Put your self in her shoes and see how you would feel.

4 Likes

You crossed some major boundaries and I myself would NEVER speak to you again​:blush::blush:

21 Likes

Move on your friendship is over
You weren’t her friend when you started sleeping with her dad
Good luck being the evil stepmother :joy:

14 Likes

Don’t have a wedding party… just you & him with guests. Let her dad invite her and put the ball in her court

3 Likes

If it was me I wouldn’t come around and be apart of the wedding. Attending the wedding would mean she supports the marriage and if she doesn’t you don’t want her there anyways. Unfortunately in this situation in order to be with the love of your life you will most likely lose your bestfriend. You can’t have everything you want here. She has every right to be fuming, hell if it was me I would be more than fuming.

Girl you lost her :joy: you would be lucky if she ever talk to you again. Their is a million other men and you picked her dad and LIED FOR MONTHS! horrible friend

11 Likes

I just came to say I hope fucking your best friend’s father becomes something you seriously regret. You’re messy and that kind of betrayal is unforgivable.

Plan like she won’t be there. The least you can do is respect her feelings.

give it time :heart:. she will probably come around if she has forgiveness in her heart. either way he still her dad it’s not like she will ghost you guys. yes you should have came clean before but shit happens. was he married or anything? just tell to get over it or she is grounded :rofl: sorry I had too!

You can’t blame her really if the roles were reversed would you really be happy about it?? She might come around eventually or she might never but that’s totally up to her your her best friend and you’ve betrayed whatever trust she had in you by going with her dad

2 Likes

The problem is u lied and went behind her back for all of this its not the fact u were with him it’s that you hid it from her. I wouldn’t expect her to come around unfortunately. Best of luck with it all

Damn it kinda sounds like you were groomed

Thank you for the update!! I initially ask for you to update. It might take her more than 6 months to come around but in the meantime be happy you found your love!! And you are blessed to be having his baby. You can’t change her feelings so just be happy in your life. You have a very exciting future and I’m really happy for you💕

Give her time and space. Find a new bridesmaid. Be happy. :blush::heart:

Put the shoe on the other foot & maybe you’ll realize why you lost her!

5 Likes

Your no longer her best friend you are her step mama…

6 Likes

Give her time i mean hell she just found out u been screwing her dad and is now carrying her sibling now u getting married in 6 months. Look at it from her side and give her time to process this news

3 Likes

I would start looking for a new best friend, no way no how would I be your friend if you done that… I wouldn’t be a bridesmaid either…

I would never talk to you again - the trust is gone.

8 Likes

Congrats to the bride and groomer

21 Likes

This would apply to any friendship situation where there is conflict: you have to respect her wishes. You may not agree with or understand how she feels, but she is absolutely entitled to her feelings. In this case, move forward planning on her not attending, but “save a place at the table” in case she does happen to change her mind.

If u want her there it is gonna take longer than 6mos.

2 Likes

First of all, no one is talking about what a LOSER the dad is!!!

17 Likes

Let your conscience and God be your guide …put yourself in her shoes…love does conquer all…

I wouldnt be your friend either. You were supooed to be her best friend and instead of being a reasonable human you fked her baby daddy. I’d have 0 to do with you 0.

Good luck finding more friends when you can’t stay away from their husbands

2 Likes

Not sure what you should do, but I know what I wouldn’t do… Which would be sleep with my best friends dad… And then get pregnant and then even think she would be apart of the wedding … you’re going to be her step mom…and have her step sister… Yikes… No way. You crossed a line…

5 Likes

Wait… you’re serious? You asked her to be your bridesmaid?

11 Likes

She is not going to be in your wedding so plan accordingly. She told you no already. You can’t try to pressure you, she is mad. Give her her space. You crossed a boundary that she didn’t like.

3 Likes

She’s done with you and wants no part in your wedding or child. You did her dirty :woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Well. Noone can tell you you can’t be with him. But noone can tell her that she needs to be okay with it either. That’s her dad, and you were her best friend. Soon to be her stepmother and you’re pregnant with her little brother/sister. It’s a lot to take in. She might come around but I doubt she’ll ever be okay with you being her new mom lmak

35 Likes

You picked her dad. Over her. Depending on how long you guys have been friends it’s kinda gross ! Don’t expect her to change her mind or ever to be happy for y’all. She won’t most women. Don’t even accept a. New partner for their father let alone it being their best friend. Who sleeps with their best friends dad and still says that’s their best friend. You throw that out the window the minute you slept him

3 Likes

I would be embarrassed to even admit I got pregnant by my best friends dad…:face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

14 Likes

I love how everyone is so “supportive” but in reality what you did was messed up. You “kinda” get how she feels?? You banged her dad and now pregnant and getting married. If I was the friend I would never speak to you both ever again. Wow

14 Likes

Is this real? What kind of person does this to their best friend then thinks the friend should come around?

16 Likes

Dad and you both crossed a line…and can you imagine if your (ex) best friend were expecting your baby sister? And was going to be your step mom? Where’s the mother of your friend??? Passed away or an ex? What’s the dad say? I feel sorry for the baby…

5 Likes

This ain’t the one for you. I can already tell. Your in a mess. Lol

3 Likes

If my bestfriend slept with dad, got pregnant, & then wanted to marry my dad?! But then also hide & lied about it the whole time? I wouldn’t come or even think about coming around! Ever

7 Likes

Lmfao wow. The audacity. If you cannot see what’s wrong then you are part of the problem and she is better off.

8 Likes

You tell her put the dress on or she’s grounded :laughing::laughing::laughing: #evilstepmother

28 Likes

Yeah, she isn’t going to your wedding. I can almost guarantee you you’ve lost your best friend and she will not forgive you. You crossed a huge boundary in her eyes and I can’t blame her for not going and for deciding she wants nothing to do with you or her father. I would personally cut you out of my life and never speak to you or my father again and I absolutely would have nothing to do with that child. You made the choice to sleep with her dad. You made the choice to cross major boundaries. You made your choices. Now live with them. Hope it was worth it.

7 Likes

I think it’s less about it being her dad and more that you and her dad hid this from her all this time. You were supposed to be her best friend. Someone she could trust and you threw that out the window

Wish I was a fly on the wall during holiday dinners.

1 Like

Who makes this stuff up seriously

2 Likes

You’re literally dropping bombs on her before she has even had the chance to process everything… which is crazy to me

14 Likes

You need to find a new bridesmaid. Or plan around her not being in it. Save her a seat plus one and try to be inclusive but don’t plan on her coming around in 6 months you just blew up her life and her reality. It’s gonna take longer than that.

You are no longer her best friend point blank period. You’re going to be her step mom and the mother of her half sibling. That’s a huge betrayal. Of course she wouldn’t be okay with it. At least not to begin with. She may or may not come around but it doesn’t mean your relationship will be as it was. It won’t.

13 Likes

you wouldn’t be anything to me… No friend, no step mamma, and he’d be my dad strictly by title. You’re both just liars now

4 Likes

Doesn’t help the fact that you are carrying her step sibling

Too soon girl too soon

2 Likes

You really take the cake.

4 Likes

She’s probably not gonna come around you should look for another bridesmaid. I mean how would you feel if the tables were turned?

2 Likes

You are a pretty bad person for even getting in this situation. You chose him from the beginning and now have the audacity to ask her to be in the super wrong wedding.

13 Likes

this could destroy not only your friendship with her but also his relationship with his daughter. But that’s okay because :eggplant: :woozy_face::woman_facepalming: right? Smh

11 Likes

Ur the one that feels betrayed? Imagine how she feels.

9 Likes

She’s not coming, move on.

3 Likes

Girl, you have to move on from her being your best friend. It’s not going to happen. What you did may not have been intentional. But you slept with her dad and got pregnant. She doesn’t ever have to like it. Or forgive you.

16 Likes

Lmfao this gotta be a troll

4 Likes

I can tell this isn’t going to end up happy for you later on. This is going to end really bad for everyone.

2 Likes

DUH! COUNT HER OUT! And good luck!

Drop it and move on.

2 Likes

Lmaooooo girl you gonna be her stepmother :rofl: I wouldn’t like you either

4 Likes

I’m sorry but that’s not cool, she probably won’t come. You slept her dad and she’s suppose to be expecting of it. Both you and her dad are in the wrong. :angry:

3 Likes

You’re only 23 and you’re hooking up with someone’s father’s, that relationship gonna end during you first Saturn return at 28, it gonna be your life lesson mark my words

12 Likes

Looks to me like you fucked up :person_shrugging:. Im sorry. Im happy you are in love and all but she wont ever forgive you it sounds like. Girl code my lady, girl code…

1 Like

Enjoy flushing your life down the toilet. Congrats on adopting you Grandpa.

4 Likes

She said no- find someone else. If she changes her mind , she missed her chance so proceed without her

I’m sorry but if anyone who claimed to be my best friend got with my dad I certainly wouldn’t be their anymore. And i certainly wouldn’t be in the wedding. You literally have to understand where she is coming from! I had a “best friend” sleep with my uncle…not friends anymore! There is a line and you most certainly crossed it! Move on and find a new bridesmaid.

5 Likes

Out of almost 4 billion men in the world and you had to pick your :sparkles:best friends​:sparkles: dad? :rofl: you’re a special kind of horrible friend :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: I wouldn’t even think to look in your direction again, let alone be your bridesmaid. You’re bold and ballsy and not in a good way. Smh

17 Likes

Go to the court house get married don’t need bridesmade

3 Likes

Is this the next Disney/Pixar movie where you play the evil step-mother??? And the best friend is really the hero in this story??

Well maybe put yourself in her shoes… how would you feel if she was pregnant with ur dads child? And now your best friend is pregnant with your little sister???

5 Likes

Ffs nothing like bombarding her with bad news yous could have least have waited till she got used to the idea, you and the dad totally in the wrong not taking your friend and his daughters feeling into concideration,

4 Likes

Im sorry but I want to say that she can get over it. People can’t help who they fall in love with. If she don’t like it, then she don’t have to be around. You go be happy and don’t let others bring you down

2 Likes

My best friend went behind my back and got with my Dad and honestly I fucking hate it. Yes I want my Dad to be happy but now I can’t have the same relationship with her, she saw my discomfort with it and still continued to pursue my Dad. In that moment she made a choice to disregard my wishes and our friendship. I really still dont know how to fully deal with it either but honestly its fucked up. You were her friend there for her, not there to fuck her Dad. You messed up and continue too, It’s clear then your friendship with her wasn’t your priority.

All I can say is I feel sorry for your friend.

2 Likes

She will not be involved. She most likely will have nothing to do with you … and she just lost not only her friend but most likely all respect for dad & that relationship will probably become non existent… I know that’s how it would be if I were in her shoes.

16 Likes

This “dad” is just gross lol and this isn’t going to work. You better think long and hard before getting married. You messed up big time.

3 Likes

You need to give her time. Find another bridesmaid maybe she will come around once your baby is born

2 Likes