Any other mama's scared to give birth during the pandemic?

Is there any other mommy terrified to give birth during this pandemic? I have a section in November, and I’m so scared I’ll have to do it alone without my husband. What are the regulations in your state like? Tell me your experiences or your worries

1 Like

Your husband is allowed in. By November, I’m sure you’ll be fine regardless. They are allowing visitors now at our hospital in NY so depending on where you are, I’m sure you’ll be allowed visitors during the specified times.

1 Like

A lot of people I know are having home birth’s because of that and then if they need the hospital then they go to the hospital.

1 Like

I have a section July 27th and am a little more at ease with how things are going.

I’m due in November and only worried about being almost 10 years older since the last time I did this​:rofl: I’m by nature not a worrier though… what’s gonna happen will happen… my husband has been allowed at appointments and as long as I have him at the birth I’ll be all good :slight_smile: not big on visitors at the hospital afterwards anyway so it works in my favor.

1 Like

I am due November 18th. Where i am at this time currently your spouse is allowed to the delivery but they have to wear a mask. Im sure by November they will be lifting more restrictions with the way things are going.

1 Like

A partner or support person are considered essential in my town, not sure about the bigger cities here in CO though. I try to keep my worry to a minimal as I’m already a stressed person but there aren’t nearly as many cases here as other places, I just hope the hospital staff that I’ll be dealing with are taking it seriously outside of work. I’m due any day.

I had a baby 8weeks ago when the virus was at its peak, uk honestly it was fine your to busy being in labour to think about it😅

I’m not really worried, hospitals are taking extra precautions. I’m in Orange County California , I have a c section scheduled for August 11th and right now it’s only a support person in the room with you and they have to stay with you , once they leave they can’t come back in ! So far no visitors !

i had my baby march 21st! everything went great!

1 Like

Try not to be scared. I had my son in April and his dad was allowed to be with me the whole time and we’re in Columbus Ohio. The only difference was after I had him there was minimal contact with doctors and nurses and I was able to leave exactly 24 hours after I gave birth. The other major difference was we had to wear masks. I had to wear one while giving birth and my fiance had to wear one the entire time a nurse or doctor was in the room but I was allowed to take mine off except for laboring and pushing

I know I am super nervous about what’s going to happen, I’m due in August and as of right now I can have one person in the room with me but cases have spiked so much recently here in California I’m not sure if that will change or not…

Work in a hospital there allowed nowm

Im in Australia and our local hospital now allows 2 visitors. I had my csection on April 8 and was only allowed 1 support person and could only see my other kids through video call. I got out as early as I could to have my family together (was in 3 nights) but unfortunately pain management was a bit more difficult this time and I wish I could have spent more time in hospital

I just had a scheduled csection on Tuesday and it was fine. I had to have a Covid 19 test the day before. They only allowed my husband in and just screened him like everyone else at the entrance. It was not bad at all. Im in Arkansas

I gave birth end of May

I’m due in August & I’m having twins so I’m with you on being scared & nervous! :disappointed_relieved:

And hubby was allowed to stay the whole time…and was allowed to stay after the birth also… Don’t worry

I’m having a c section this Monday. I live in Alabama.
My husband is allowed to be there but no one else and they said they don’t want him leaving but if he has to he can and come back as long as it is before closing time.
I also had to be tested for covid yesterday however my husband doesn’t have to be. As far as baby I will not be allowing visitors for a few after we bring him home because the number of cases in Alabama have risen rather quickly in last couple weeks

I gave birth may 9th. It was deff so different than my last pregnancy. Being tested for covid was absolutely dreadful however I was negative
… just a way diff experience than my first

He can go with you but most hospitals don’t want him to leave and come back … I don’t think they’ll allow visitors tho

I was super nervous. I was only allowed one person and I wanted two people. My mom and my SO, but unfortunately my mom couldn’t be there. My experience wasn’t bad. I had cried to my SO because I wanted my mom. It was my first baby and I was scared. One of my nurses heard me crying, and she took excellent care of me. She let me cry on her while I was getting the epidural, she held my other hand while I pushed, she would come in periodically to make sure I was okay, and after her shift had ended she stayed longer with me in my room to make sure I was okay.

7 Likes

Most hospitals are allowing 1 support person to be in the hospital with the mother… but once ur both in there ur support person will not be able to leave the hospital until ur discharged

My friend just had her baby. We are in Texas. Her husband was the only one allowed in the room.

I had my baby April 6th, my husband was allowed to be there. Everything went just fine.

Yes, I’m due in less than a month now and just praying my man can be there with me but who knows with all the spikes if they’ll put regulations back in place…also silly but I’m not happy to wear a mask thru contractions and pushing and all of that lmfao :neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like

I had my baby in May during this. My husband was allowed in with me but no one else. Only thing that sucks is you’ll most likely get tested for the virus but we didn’t have to wear masks at all… Test Don’t hurt just sucks lol good luck!.

1 Like

Consider a home birth. You can be safe at home with your family and a midwife.

I just deliver on May hubby could go in and out as he please only support person was allowed or one person at a time they had to be tested before entering the hospital, didn’t have to wear the facemask. Was kinda scary due to it was my first child but everything was okay the hospital staff made me feel safe and with no worries.

I gave birth yesterday and it was great! Although there is only 1 support person allowed and no vistors…its actually quite nice just being us…the amount of staff and nurses has been cut down also…we have to wear masks I’d we leave the room and of course all the staff are wearing them at all times…overall it has been a great experience!

1 Like

I am having my little girl in a couple days short of 3 weeks. C section. They are allowing 1 visitor (my husband) no switching out visitors and i have to be tested for covid. I am in Michigan.

In north Dakota you can have one consistent support person in the hospital with you

They test you for covid? :thinking: didn’t know that I’m due in August

The only difference in mine on the 16th was no visitors. My husband got to stay the whole time and he could come and go as he pleased

I am going in to be induced Wednesday morning. My husband can be there. Michigan.
I have the normal worries like how will this one go compared to my first, etc… but then
I am afraid they’ll
make me wear a mask the whole time I am in labor or they’ll test me for the virus and it will come back positive and they’ll separate me from my son (all random things I have read online) … but trying not to think about it.

There are probably more precautions being taken now than ever. You don’t need anyone more tha your husband, doctor& anestesiologist & nurse. Enjoy the experience and peace . Congraulations. Lots of family & friends soon enough.

I had my daughter 7 weeks ago when it was at the peak and it was fine midwife’s were amazing even though they had to wear masks it was so relaxed my mum waited outside in her car from the Wednesday till she could come in for the birth on the Friday at 2am where they broke my waters xx

Gave birth in AL in April and it was a great experience. I was super nervous myself, but it was actually pretty nice. My husband was the only allowed (1 support person) and he could go outside to the car, just couldn’t actually leave the campus. It made us so much closer because we were totally dependent on each other in such a vulnerable time! Not only that, the nurses made it such a good experience for us too! We just took a cooler with some extra drinks and snacks and made it home for the 3 days we were there. :two_hearts:

I just gave birth and you’re aloud to still have somebody with you and I doubt any state is different and not letting nobody with you.

I delivered in March in the midst of our hospital constantly changing their policies. Good thing I called the day before. My husband was able to go in with me for my section but had to stay in the hospital the entire time and couldn’t leave until I was discharged. They send 2 meals one for me and a complimentary one for my husband.

I had my baby 2 weeks ago (South Carolina) in the rooms we didn’t have to wear a mask, but in the hallway my husband did. He was the only one allowed, & because our baby required a Nicu visit only one parent was allowed at a time with baby, but had to wear a mask.

In ont my friend just had her baby few days ago they cant come in till ur admited then they arnt allowed to leave and return they would have to be picking u up outside

I had my baby 3w ago and my sister had her twins (via C-section) 2w before. We were both able to have our men by our sides. And only required to wear a mask outside of our rooms. (Delivery and postpartum)

The best thing to do is to call the hospital and ask them their policies; that way you know exactly what to expect. Every hospital is going to be different.

I’m due August 10th, and I’m pretty nervous. I was still going to be by myself regardless of the pandemic, but it’s scary especially with all of the regulations. I don’t think we’re going to be allowed visitors either so I’m sure I’ll be by myself the whole time. But I’m trying to think of it as a good time to really get to know baby.

1 Like

Any other country besides usa. No. Usa yes

I had my daughter in March and let’s just say I was able to have her dad with me and that was all and he couldn’t leave campus when I got in I didn’t have to wear a mask no one had to then the next day they had to and let’s just say my doctor refused to when she was in the room with me and I was happy about it. And I was never tested for civid either

I had my son in April so when it was really bad in my state. The dad could come he just couldn’t leave and come back! Otherwise it was just the same as when I had my first 4 years ago. BTW I had a csection and he was still allowed to go in the surgery room with me

I gave birth May 15th. I didn’t have my daughter in the hospital (not my choice) but when we arrived, my husband was allowed to stay with us. We had to wear masks at first but when we moved to our room, we were allowed to remove them. No other visitors were allowed, which sucked but it was a nice bonding experience for the 3 of us.

I am in Washington your aloud 1 support person who can come and go to get food. No visitors and you have to get tested for covid-19

I had a scheduled c section may 11 and had my so there it just depends on the hospital but I also wound up being released the next day

I had a csection on the 2nd. I had to get a covid test before being admitted to the hospital. I had one support person and no other visitors were allowed.

I had my son in March, they only allowed one visitor at a time, my fiance was able to leave to go to the car or leave to go home or the store or get something to eat. I wasn’t worried at all cuz my ob told me how it was gonna work. Yes they had to wear mask but that was oh Kay. I had my son in Indiana

Yes I’m nervous! Trying to keep my brave face on…Due in a few weeks and have a toddler that my parents will be watching when I’m in the hospital for delivery. My sister is planning to be my support but with her being in a remote community and takes a day to travel in. Crossing my fingers hopefully she’s here by the time everything happens naturally (or inducing). If not, (hopefully not) I may have to go alone to deliver. A bit more nervous now that time is coming closer! Lol but all in all, I just pray that it’s a safe delivery and we are protected from this and get home to the little/big brother waiting at home for Mom and his new little baby sister.

Just had a c- section two weeks ago just had to wear face mask,get swabbed for COVID-19,and my son’s dad was allowed in the OR with me and able to go stay with baby in NICU I stayed with our son two weeks in the NICU and dad was the only one allowed to visit while I roomed in with baby it’s not a big fuss and do take precautions to ensure yours and baby’s safety I’m in tx btw.

I’m very nervous; due early October! From what I have heard here in WA state you’re allowed only one support person.

I’m due in December and I’m scared this will be going on still. My husband has had to miss out on my ultrasounds and my appointments-even when I had to go to the er for bleeding.It’s scary…

1 Like

I just gave birth two weeks ago. My husband was allowed with me and I was tested for covid so I could labor without a mask. I have heard the stories, some good and some bad and consider mine fairly good considering. I could not imagine having to labor with a mask on or without my husband. My husband did have to wear a mask the entire time which was a little tough but I’m so glad he could be there. I am in Maryland.

I had my daughter 1 week ago via scheduled C-section. The hospital tests all patients that will be admitted for Covid. My husband was allowed with me the whole time and we wore our masks in the triage room. They took mine off once I was prepped and ready to go in the OR. Once we got into our recovery room we didnt wear our masks anymore. The nurses and doctors that came in always wore masks and gloves, washed and sanitized hands before and after seeing us. My husband was allowed to leave the room, he wore his mask to cafeteria and came back. He would get meal vouchers at cafeteria and order from the hospital menu, it would be delivered to our room to minimize him having to leave. Everyone was very professional, careful and respectful. Only wish our 1st daughter could have been there with us.

I just had my first in May. In Illinois I was allowed one visitor (the father) and honestly it was kind of nice. No parade of relatives. It was just the three of us spending time together and I got plenty of rest. I was also able to hang out in the room in just a nursing bra and the mesh underwear they give you lol.

6 Likes

I jus had a csection tuesday it’s not that bad… I was able to still walk the halls but I had to wear a mask. My hubby stayed with me the whole time n didnt have any issues with coming or going from the hospital. It’s still scary no doubt but it’s not that different then be4 the pandemic minus the fact u can only have 1-2 (depending on the hospital) designated people in to c the baby n u the whole hospital stay.

Had one in March right as everything got shut down, was only allowed my significant other and no one else could visit while in hospital besides him…was so scared we were gonna get sick…it was actually kind of nice not having all the family visiting holding baby etc,…we had alot more bonding time and I could relax a little before going home

1 Like

We can have one support person which is fine as it would only be myself and hubby any way. Last pregnancy I went home 4 hrs after anyway so hoping if all is ok I can have the same this time. Will be sad the other kids can’t come straight up and meet bub. My hubby also works away so I have to go by myself if I take someone else they won’t be allowed to swap. So that bit worries me.

U will be fine. My husband broke his hip in April. They did surgery the same day and put steel pins in his femur and hip bone. He was in hospital a week . Everything was clean and isolated and the staff were fantastic.

1 Like

I gave birth to my third babe two weeks ago, and they allowed my husband to stay with me through the delivery and recovery. (I live in rural west Georgia) They asked screening questions about exposure when we got there, and we were supposed to keep our masks on unless we were alone in the room together. But my aunt was my labor nurse and wasn’t too strict about that, and I ended up hyperventilating and needing oxygen so I didn’t wear mine much. My husband was allowed to walk to the cafeteria and stuff, which I heard was newly allowed. Before if your partner left the room, they couldn’t come back. It was basically the same experience as my first two, despite the virus, in my area.

My sister just had twins last week! She did her Covid test that morning, and had no issues… hospital let them know ahead of time that once they were there-they were there- and couldn’t leave! They brought some snacks for her stay (knew they were gonna be there for 3-4 days)… and because the cafeteria shut down… they let them sneak out to Walmart to get food and come back… no issues and no worries

1 Like

I’m being induced on July 2nd. It’s required for me to be tested 3 days before. NC just made it mandatory to wear a mask so my OB says my fiancé may have to wear one the entire stay but I won’t. I’m only allowed 1 person to be there the whole time, he is allowed to leave and come back but it has to be the same person, so he can’t switch out with anyone. I was told they are letting vaginal deliveries go home after 24hrs

1 Like

I had a C Section April 17th and only my boyfriend was allowed. I was told because of the virus a lot of women were going home earlier than normal so I got to go home the next day as long as I was getting around just fine, which I was. The doctors and nurses were actually surprised how fast I was up and walking with no problems. My boyfriend was allowed to leave once a day, but because we were barley at the hospital 24 hours he didn’t have any reason to. I’m in Washington.

I give birth in the next 5 weeks via c-section. So I know my husband can be there but he can’t leave to take care of our dog so not sure what we will do there. I know once I’m in my own room, neither of us will have to wear a mask. We are in Delaware.

I had a section 5-26. My husband was able to be with me the whole three days & was given extra special care with food, snack bags. He wasn’t allowed to leave & come back.

Daughter gave birth end of February n all was good , the hospitals are very very strict on visitors n must wear masks sanitize hands and only parents in the baby nurseries!!

I was allowed one support person,who was my husband of course. We just couldnt leave the room till i was discharged. If he left,he wouldnt be allowed back and we wore a mask a good bit of the time.

Our baby will be here with csection next month. We were in labor and delivery yesterday because I was having contractions so I asked my nurses. In our state MT we are allowed 1 visitor and no trade outs. My husband was with me but our 2 girls couldnt be with us. I just hope by next month the policy will change. Especially because with my health conditions I usually have a longer stay and I dont want to be away from my other kids and our immediate family! I’m not terribly nervous since it’s my 3rd but I cant imagine being a first timer in times like these! Good luck other moms/moms to be!!!

I had my C-section in March I was in the hospital when they locked everything down my husband was not allowed back in but my baby is healthy and striving now I was terrified because we didn’t know really what was going on with the pandemic. when they told me that everyone had to leave and my husband couldn’t come back or anything I was absolutely terrified but we have a strong almost 4-month-old little boy

I’m also due in November, this is my second and I’m just gonna say, I’d prefer if my hubby was the only one allowed there, family coming and going was a big stress when I had my daughter in September 2018

4 Likes

I’m due in August with a c section and they are allowing my husband to come with. They said we’ll both we tested upon being admitted me and he won’t be allowed to leave and come back again. He has to stay the entire time and if he leaves he can’t come back.

I just delivered a week ago. My hospital only allowed 1 support person, no visitors. I had to be tested for covid because I had a scheduled procedure. We didn’t have to wear masks unless we left our room. It honestly wasn’t that bad at all and hopefully by November things will be better?:crossed_fingers:t3:

I just had a c-section 2 weeks ago in Texas and my husband was allowed to be there. I was terrified of having to do it alone as well, but I think most places recognize the importance of moms having a support person with them while having a baby! We weren’t allowed any other visitors, so my first born couldn’t come visit us while hospitalized and that did suck. But try to not worry about being alone. Chances are that wont be the case!

1 Like

Here in Maryland you are allowed one support person with you, and they cannot leave or else they can’t come back. And you can’t switch them out for anyone else. They allowed my boyfriend to order food but that’s it. So I hope yours isn’t a smoker like mine lol he went 3 days without cigs. Stay safe :two_hearts:

I just had my C-section yesterday and I can’t say the experience was that different than the C-section I had 3 years ago. Only my husband can be with me and we can’t have visitors which hasn’t been a big deal. I was tested for covid before arriving at the hospital and since I tested negative myself and my partner do not have to wear masks around the nurses and doctors who are in masks constantly.

Cleveland Ohio: Mom is tested for Covid. Only one person allowed there with mom the entire time, but they are not allowed to come back if they leave the hospital premises. C-section requires everyone to wear a mask regardless of Covid.

In Maryland there’s only one virstor per day if you’re scared talk definitely talk to you’re obgyn about it! Mine calmed me down about the situation!

I’m nervous, but I won’t know any different because it’s my first birth. Due mid-July. I can have one support person with me, but they can’t leave the hospital & re-enter. No visitors. No one in the waiting room.

I’m due in 3 weeks, I live in Illinois thank goodness they are allowing just my husband and of course my self there.

Luckily i was able to have my husband with me for the delivery. He just wasnt allowed to leave the room. Were in AZ

I had my son at the end of march right when everything got shut down and they were starting to only allow the mother in. While he was my 3rd I was scared that I was going to have to do it by myself. Thankfully though my husband got to come in. And the nurses drs and I all worked hard to get me out of there as quick as possible. So I was home the 2and day after my c section. It wasnt how I wanted it as my older 2 were not able to come meet their baby brother but it was nice to get out of there that quick. One thing I have learned through all 3 of my children’s births is to be flexible. Have an idea of what you want but be prepared for things to change and not be focused on that change. Good luck. I hope things go well and you have a safe delivery and healthy baby

I’m due on Friday and where I am I can only have one person with me and they can’t leave hospital grounds at all or they can’t come back

Allowing one support person to stay the entire stay. They can not leave the hospital though. If they do they can’t come back in WV

My 1st grandbaby (who will be an 8th generation Texan) is due 10.1 and the thought of not being able to be there with my daughter is causing me extreme anxiety!

Yes, I’m due in August and the cases keep going up here in Oklahoma. I’m terrified of having to deliver without my husband

I’m due the first week in September… I’m terrified!

Ohio - delivered 2 weeks ago - one support person allowed w me the whole time

Anyone know anything regarding Iowa? I’ll check with my doctor/hospital end of August. I’m due September, but I’m terrified they wont let my boyfriend come and go when he might need to take kids to school etc if they start school normal.

I have a c-section scheduled for October and I’m worried about the same thing

Indiana now has it where 1 person can go in with you. I find out Tuesday what I’m having and luckily this just became a thing because I probably would have cried if he couldn’t be there.

I stay in scotland , i am due in 8 weeks time i have been told by my midife when my labour starts i have to be 4 cms dilated for my partner to be able to come straight to hospital with me , if i go ti hospital and i am not 4cms he cant come up until i am

No one but husband. Temp taken upon admission and had to wear a mask

Yea I’m due in sept my husband is going to be able to be there but still kinda worried.

Tell your dr and the hospital too flipping bad your husband will be there. It’s totally bullshit making a woman give birth alone when her husband wants to be there. There is plenty of ppe products to keep everyone safe. Stick to your guns.

1 Like

1 person is allowed in the room in Cleveland Ohio