Anyone else have a "prenup" situation?

Sounds normal I mean if you worked hard on something be4 meeting someone you would not want to lose it to someone else but I’d definitely seek out a lawyer

I would not sign one what a way to start a marriage thinking it’s gonna end

He is protecting his business…you can’t blame the man for not wanting to loose his business if you guys don’t work…and the prenup can be written any way it can say you don’t get anything after marriage from his business or it can say you do…but I’m sure if it doesn’t work he doesn’t want to loose his business or loose money made by his business… no offense I think he is doing the right thing…I would regardless of how much I love my person I wouldn’t want to loose my business,my income and way of life…or I’d be a very hostile person to that individual that took it all from me esp if I had it way before that person come into my life…you should be understanding and agree to anything that the prenup says concerning HIS business… or just sound crazy or worse for not agreeing because you don’t get anything if you don’t work out from again HIS business…you would prob do the same if you were in his shoes so think about the way your sounding and also the way your already assuming failed marriage and going after his stuff or what you can get from it…before your even married…don’t sound or come across that way…be understanding and agree to whatever he writes up for his business in the prenup…unless he isn’t the only thing your after

1 Like

It also protects you from any debts and business failures if the business is failing.

Everything he owns before meeting you, money and business ect: is his if you don’t work out, but any money made during your marriage is community property.
If you work with him building that business your time is compensated.