Anyone else have kids close in age? I need reassurance

I just had a beautiful little girl in October, she also makes my 4th. When I found out I was pregnant with her I just knew to take a test. I have that feeling again and it doest help feeling nauseous and the way my boobs feel. Please no bashing or rude comments. I just need to get this off my chest and see if anyone else has been in my shoes.

16 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone else have kids close in age? I need reassurance - Mamas Uncut

My 4th and 5th kids are 1 day shy of being 13 months apart. I was embarrassed getting pregnant again. It worked out though. My 2 youngest are best friends. It was actually a lot easier than I anticipated. It isn’t ideal but it is very doable. There were bad days of course but I don’t regret it.

1 Like

My first and second are 18 months apart my second and third are 11 months apart and my 3rd and 4th will be 3 years apart it’s not as bad as it seems like it is they all are best friends

My mom had her 3rd and 4th babies 18 months apart, then her 5th and 6th babies 11 months apart. I would be miserable if it happened to me but lots of families take it in stride.

2 Likes

My 2 youngest are 20 months apart, but the older of the two has a genetic disorder called William’s Syndrome (kind of like Downs as far as the physical and mental issues it causes.) By the time my youngest was a year old he was caught up to her, and the entire time it was almost like having twins. He was 1 year 5 months she was 3, when this was taken in 2000. It is not that bad you will be fine.

3 Likes

I have a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 3 year old. They are all 10 months apart. It definitely has NOT been easy, but i dont regret it. My 5 year old is more in control and bosses them around. My 4 and 3 year old are always bickering back and forth lol. When they 3 fight…They fight bad. But when they love… They love hard! I also have a 12 year old so starting over 8 years later was a little challenging, but having my 3 back to back (NOT PLANNED) seemed to be easier since they were all on the same schedule and pretty much teaching eachother. I should of just had triplets!

Mine are 19,18,15,14.It was hard at first but,once you get a routine down,it gets easier.

Mine are not that close but I have a June 2009, May 2011, January 2019, and soon to be January 2022. (All girls)

My oldest two girls have siblings on their dads side also (a 6yr, 1yr, nb)

You’ll be OK. My girls are best friends and they love their little sisters (and other siblings) they help, they play. I was nervous when I had my 2nd after my 1st. I was a sahm but I got a routine down and it was ok.

My older girls are 12 months and 2 weeks apart. They are 12 & 13 now and I’m currently 5 months pregnant and have a 18 month old. I loved having my kids close in age and now I’m doing it all over again lol good luck.

My middle sons are 11 months apart. It’s hard, at first. Then you find a rhythm, and learn how to adjust.

They are best friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way, now. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can ask any questions you have about their dynamic, I’ll answer as honestly as I can.
Just know life is gonna happen and don’t stress about it. :woman_shrugging:

I was 10 weeks postpartum when I got pregnant with my younger one.

My oldest two are 14 months apart. My youngest two are 11 months apart. For 18 days they’re the same age. My kids ages are 3,4,12 and 13. Yes some days are very difficult but others it’s awesome to see how they interact with one another. There are some great Irish Twin support groups out there!

As long as you can afford their college tuition your good…

Birth control would help.

1 Like

My daughters are 11 months and 2 weeks apart… born the same year one jan one December…December one being born boxing day :sweat_smile: i love it they are best mates, wouldn’t change them for the world

My boys are exactly one year one month and one day apart . They’re super close and love each other so much. It was hard at first but I absolutely love it now

My baby boy was brand new I was going in for my 6 week check up :confounded::no_mouth::sob::warning: yep guess that’s why my milk dried up :woman_facepalming:t3:honestly they are so close and they do everything together it basically like twins I was a twin not horrible at all you already have all the baby stuff it’s fairly easy except be careful during labor start stretched and core stretching now I blew my back out during delivery of my fourth which was back to back assuming it was because I had no muscle strength now I need spinal fusion :skull:. Stretching

My 2 girls are exactly 1 year apart to the day! It’s tricky to begin with but once you get into routine and they are a little bit older they were the best of friends I wouldn’t have it any other way :slightly_smiling_face:

My oldest 2 are 15 months apart. 2nd and 3rd 3 years. My 4th and 5th 2 years. And my 5th and 6 will be 11 months apart. My oldest 3 best friends. My 4th and 5th love each other. My 3rd and 4th are 6 years apart and mostly get along. It happens. Take the test get the answer. Happy holidays

I have 9, 7 and 6. It’s tough but manageable, single parent at that

I have 11,9,7,3 and one due next week you got this mumma don’t listen to anyone my husband is one of 6 boys him and his brother are 10 months apart. I find multiple children easy.

1 Like

My oldest 2 are 1 yr and 9 days apart.

I had 3 in 3 years (first 2 are 1 year and 1 week apart, second and third are 14 months apart) I don’t remember much lol but they’re still alive so I call that a win :+1:

1 Like

I have two kiddos, two boys. I got pregnant the second time when my first was about 8 months old, they are 17 month apart. I felt so guilty but seeing them so close and playing together (even though my 2nd son is autistic) is amazing :heart: Don’t let any rude comments get to you. Go ahead and get that test and best of luck!!

I have a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old. It’s fun having them all grow up so close together :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well the term irish twins (2 babies born in under a year) exists for a reason :woman_shrugging: not me but I know many sets of Irish twins

My boys are 11mos a part on the day! 1 was crawling 1 was on my hip. Fun times for sure :blush:

I have 5 kids under 9 biggest age gap is between my last 2 kids & thats 3years. Oldest daughter is 9 then I have a nearly 8 year old son a daughter who will be 6 in march a daughter who is recently 4 & a 1 year old daughter

My oldest two are 11 months apart. They are best friends

I had my first in May and was pregnant with my second in October, they are now 15 and 16, they have had periods of not getting along through the years but are pretty close. It was difficult at times having a 1 year old and a new born but I was young ( 19) inexperienced, and I did just fine

I have a boy and girl who are 1 year and a week to the day apart. They are polar opposites when it comes to personality but love each other dearly. Her big brother is such a protective big hearted kid and she is wild but NO ONE can mess with her brothers! (She is 4th born, has 6 brothers)

1 Like

Good grief birth control

1 Like

My son and daughter in law had a baby in April and 16 months later had twins.

Millions of people :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

My boys are 20 months to the day apart in age

Yep I only have 2 and they are 11mths 3days apart she was 3mths old when I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant

My 2 youngest are 15 months apart. Most of the time they are best friends lol

I had 6 in 5 years. It wasn’t bad when they were little. A lot of fighting & arguing in their teens. 4 have moved out & they absolutely love each other again. You’ll be fine sweetie. Congrats on the new baby

You can do it! Count every blessing even though you will be tired for a really long time!

Wow you poor woman
You must be run off your feet every day
Mistakes happen (especially when breast feeding)
No contraception is full proof
But if you are pregnant again
I have read siblings close in age bond better then siblings born further apart
The question you should be asking hunni
Do you have enough support at home to help lighten the load
Or even a support network of other mom’s who have been in your shoes
I wish I could tell you it will be ok
But I can’t sweetie
All I can give you from Australia is an Ear to listen
Virtual hugs and a shoulder to cry on

1 Like

Ive got 2 less than a year apart girl and boy they are teenagers now and are pretty close.my cousins like less than a year apart boys they are grown now best friends.my nieces sane get threw diapers.dmooth sailing from there.

My boys are 14 months apart. Was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. They share clothes sizes now and everything which is nice.

I got 11 months with my first two wouldn’t change the gap x

I had two 13months apart they soon grow up and it gets easier

I have 2 boys that are 17 months apart unfortunately they hate each other but respect each other.

Mine are 3 2 and 1. They seem like best friends, but they have there good moments and bad (fighting) moments

I have 2 only 11 months apart… they fight a looootttttt lol

I have Irish twins that are less than a year apart and it’s not bad. You can do it!

I have two that are 11 months apart. For me it was easy but at the same time was hard but it’s great to watch them grow together and their both girls and their each other’s best friend. As long as you have good supports you can do it !

I had twins 12 months after having my second girl. It’s a lot to handle. But honestly… they are all best friends. Fighting a lot yes… lol but it’s so awesome!!

My 1st son was a big brother 2 days before he turned 1!! My son’s are now 23,22,21,18,16,9,and 5 :blue_heart:

My two boys are 2.5 years apart to the day. I’m a single mom, so it was exhausting when they were an infant and toddler, but now that they’re older (8 and 5), they’re better friends.

I don’t have family, in-person friends, or a babysitter, so I’m not sure if our challenges will be the same, but it does get tiring having kids around the same age.

People say if you have multiple kids, they’ll just keep each other company. It’s a trap. That doesn’t happen. You’ll just be running interference. :joy:

2 Likes

I have a baby 50 minutes older than the next. Just create a routine and stick to it. These 2 are almost 16 and still get sent to be by 9, because we’ve been doing it their whole lives.

1 Like

My kids are now 16,11,8,6 and 5. Raised em all basically solo as a stay at home mom. Just don’t forget to take care of yourself. I had help solely with the bills from their dads and I let my self care stop for far too long because I didn’t ask for help from anyone including their dads.

My granddaughters are 13 months apart

My 2 youngest are 11 months apart

I have Irish twins! 10 months apart - hard at first but they have always been best friends. Right now they are both 15 years old! :heart:

My kids are now 16,14,13 and 10, all I can say is it does get easier. Although the teen years are testing me :rofl:

Two of my boys are 11 months apart I honestly think those two were easier then my youngest who is 3 1/2 years younger then the middle

I’ll have a little guy who will be 3 in March, a 17 month old little girl, and I’m due in thr beginning of January. The first 2 were not to bad, but i had a lot of help.

Not going to lie, nervously excited for three in under 3 years.

My kids.

Dec 2010
April 2012
July 2012
March 2013
June 2013
Dec 2014

They are SQUAD. They do everything together. A lil squabbling, but otherwise they have built in best friends.

1 Like

My last 3 kids were close. 18 months apart and then 1 years 11 mo apart. They were very close, but because of their ages, they also fought - a lot. If I disciplined one, the other two came to defend the 3rd. The fighting lasted into early adulthood. But now they are as close as ever but they don’t fight one another anymore. It’s hard to have them close together age wise, but the rewards of seeing them so devoted to each other is priceless.

I have 5 ages 6,5,3,2&1m you will be fine lol. It was actually nice with the first to because the played together alot.

I have 12 10 and 4 year old. The 12 and 10 fight like brother and sister typically do my 4 year old feels left out because he’s so much younger then the other 2. I think having them closer in age is way better

My 2 older boys are 11 months apart and I will say it was easier that way. My boys are 5,6 almost 6 &7. My youngest turned 2 last month. I’ll be having another in the next 5-6 weeks.

My youngest 2 are just under 12 months apart…they are so much easier then Mr 5 and Mr nearly 8…wayyyyy easier!!! And their bond is just beautiful!!!

My first and 2nd are within a year apart, and my 4th and 5th are also within a year apart.

I have a 13 & 7 yr old. Tbh I wish I’d had my IUD removed sooner and had them closer in age. It’s hard on my 7yr old cause her sister doesn’t wanna play what she plays. We do have family game nights and everyone plays together

Me and my siblings are 11 months apart

Mine are 8, 3,2, and about to have baby #4… having two close in age wasn’t as hard as I thought but some days were better than others. It will be okay just get into a good routine its what has helped me the best.

My son is 7 months old im 5 months pregnant no shame

My youngest 2 are 12 months apart.

My youngest are 11 months apart. Not going to lie the first year was hard… but much easier now that they are 4&3. I also have a 14 and 10 year old. I’d say having them close in age is easier than far apart.

I have twin 14 year olds, then 12,11 and 10!

1 Like

I had 3 in 3 years. There are struggles but I wouldn’t have it any other way

My kids are 13, 12 (in a few days), 10 1/2, 7 1/2, 4, 3, 1 and 6months. 3 and 4 yr olds are 10 months apart. 1 yr old and 6 month old are 12months and 4 days apart.

My 2 are 11 months apart. Was rough at first but they are 5 and 6 now and love each other a lot.

I had 2 baby’s 11 months apart, I was a little ruff at time ,but all of us made it !! They are 51 & 50

While I didn’t give birth to them, my youngest son is 4 and my youngest daughter is 3…born 14 months apart. I got my nephew (now son) at 1 year old and 10 days later his sister (niece now daughter) was born a month early and I got her as well.
Two babies in two weeks. It was a LOT of sitting for the first year as they both wanted to be held a lot, but after the first year, it’s more like raising twins. They’re best friends, always thinking of each other and almost constantly wanting to play together. I’ve raised 3 of my own kids as well and it’s actually easier than raising 1 alone…once you get past the baby phase, of course. It’s still typical getting up for feedings and diaper changes, etc until they sleep through the night. But the two really do keep each other entertained and makes it easier to get stuff done around the house.

1 Like

I have 3,4,5,8,12,16,19. By the time the 4th one came my motto became “eh, what’s 1 more” lol.

My first 2 are 24 days short of a year apart. I have 4 now ages 21,20,17 and 12. It was way harder having the last so far apart. I call the 1st 3 the trifecta.

My 2 oldest are 10 months apart. It wasn’t a walk in the park but it’s really not that bad

My girls are 20 months apart