Anyone else parent with a mental illness?

I’m a single mother, my daughter is 5 years old. I suffer from depression, Bipolar 1 disorder, ADD, & anxiety. I have taken medication in the past but it did not help so I discontinued the medication. I feel like I’m a bad mother. I feel like I’m not performing my best as a mother should. I’m really hard on myself about it. It eats me alive everyday. My family puts down on me because they think I’m not a good mother. I assume it’s because of my mental illnesses. Sometimes I can’t get out of bed & my friends/family have to help me with my daughter. I never have energy to play with her or do simple things with her, like reading a book before bedtime. I also go to college & work. I’m under so much stress. To the point, sometimes I don’t eat or sleep. When I get home from school & work, I’m too tired to play or pay attention to her. Does anyone else suffer from mental illness that impacts their ability to be a good parent? Or does your family think your ‘a bad mom’ because you are too depressed to leave your room? If anyone has any tips that would help me get through the day & be a good mom that would be great! Anything helps :heart:

124 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone else parent with a mental illness? - Mamas Uncut

You’re an amazing momma who deserves a lot of love and rest :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Following. I’m in the same boat but I just have depression. I’m trying different meds at the moment but it’s so hard and I’m sorry you have to go thru it. Prayers for you. I’m trying to wanna live most days and I do feel guilty too. I have a son that I can’t seem to get in the mood to play or I get frustrated easily. It’s tough. :heart: just hang in there though.

1 Like

You need to get on some kind of medication

8 Likes

Try message again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:t4:

Man do I get this. I have depression bipolar 2 disorder and anxiety. Most days it’s a struggle to even leave my room. I constantly feel like the worst mom because my energy is so low and it’s hard to take care of 3 kids sometimes. I’ve been thinking about being put back on medicine. Your doing the best you can and that’s what counts.

2 Likes

I suffer with PTSD, depression, and anxiety

See a therapist. There are a range of new meds & therapy types.
The fact you even asked means you realize something is off. That’s ok. It’s ok to not be ok. It’s not ok to give up. You’re worth more than that.

3 Likes

Get some therapy. Try a different medication.

1 Like

I struggle with depression, self esteem issues, anxiety and paranoia. You are not alone. I am currently also struggling right this second. So I understand.

Best advice I have from experience is see a psychologist regularly as well as a therapist and take the meds until u find one that works.

3 Likes

The struggle is real keep your head up,it will be hard some days more than others but I would talk to some one …be reevaluated and most importantly get some rest breath take some time of a weekend get away just time to decompress and some time with your baby

Is your child taken care of?Food in their belly?Roof over their head?Clean clothes on their back?If you can answer yes,then you are not a bad mom.I have anxiety,panic attacks,depression,bipolar.I’m a single mom of 4.They are 20,18(almost 19)15(almost 16)14(will be 15 in December)

3 Likes

Literally no one is perfect and I’m sure you’re doing a GREAT job. If she has a roof over her head, a warm place to be food to eat, a bed to sleep in and clothes on her back, she has what she needs. I clearly don’t know you but as long as your doing all those things and teaching her to be loving, kind and respectful, that’s what matters.

Lexapro works well for many people if you want to talk to your dr.

1 Like

Yes. And I understand so much that you’re saying. I’m part of a few groups and that has helped me find even more than I’m not alone in this. I’m also a parent of a child who suffers from mental illness so that on top of my own… it’s hard because I don’t function like my family. They’re all normal and successful and thriving. I feel so different and out of place.
I do recommend trying therapy and if needed in conjunction with meds. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right fit with both. And also a support group. I’ve found a few good ones right here on fb. And just seeing their stories and how brave they are reaching out about theirs… Has helped tremendously

Hang in there. I’m here if you want to chat. And wish you the very best. :heart:

1 Like

I struggle everyday! I feel the same exact way and it’s awful :sob: Prayers mama :heart:

1 Like

Please message me. The stigma around mental health is terrible. The fact that you even question if you’re a good mom tells me you are. Being a parent is hard. Especially if you didn’t grow up in the most loving environment or don’t have a supportive tribe. I’ll cheer you on mommas. I understand you mommas. Sending love and positive vibes m :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

The fact that you care enough to even post shows you’re a good mom bc you are worried about your child’s needs. I’ve been there and working and school is hard enough on just a single person, let alone a parent. It’s a vicious cycle because you’re exhausted and stressed and need downtime and then you feel guilty. It’s not the quantity of time but quality. I have been there a single mom who was just spent on top of being depressed. I would look into speaking with a therapist. If anything, a couple times a month it will give you a chance to take care of you. Also, set a timer…even if its 20 mins a day, read to your child, watch a show with them, give them a bath, take them outside. Those are the things they will remember. It doesn’t have to be for hours on end.

Color together, go for walks, make meals together, eat fruit together, watch PBS shows. Just cuddling and your time makes you a good mom.

6 Likes

I have depression and anxiety and have been able to be off medication for them for about four years now. What I found helps me more than any medicine ever did is exercise. I know that not everyone is able to use exercise as their ability to not be on medication, but for me it works. It also helps me relieve a lot of stress.

4 Likes

Sounds like you are doing a good job. Stay strong and God BLESS you and your little girl

I am the same way. I have ptsd, mdd, bipolar, borderline personality disorder and anxiety. I have been on meds since I was 13 I am in therapy twice a month. I have 3 kids and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought I was a bad mom. I go days without bathing or brushing my hair because I just don’t have the energy. I get times where I isolate. Its hard but at the end of the day my kids are well taken care of I make sure of that if it takes every ounce of my energy. We are not bad moms we are good moms doing the best we can. Nobody is perfect but as long as we try our best thats all that matters​:heart::heart: you are a strong and a very good mom don’t ever doubt that!!

4 Likes

I suffer alot with mental illness you may think your meds don’t work but they really do. I stopped taking mine at one point and it was horrible. Maybe you should try different ones they have a test they can do to see what ones are best for you

2 Likes

Smoke weed or eat edibles, it’ll help wonders.

6 Likes

Listen to music, do yoga together. Follow YouTube for dance, yoga, drawing for kids. You just need to be there. Our expectations can be unattainable so just be present and try your best.

4 Likes

My mother raised 5 while fighting ADHD, OCD,bi polar disorder, anxiety and for the longest she did it without a diagnosis but once she got one she did everything she could to find the right fit if meds and to finally find balance. If you feel you need something to help you then find the right Dr to help you find that right balance. My mom is now in her 70s and still an awesome mom, grandmother and great grandmother.

2 Likes

I’ve created a routine for myself. A very simple one that includes things like . Wake up early. Eat clean. Drink water. Brush teeth. Get dressed. Wash face. Brush hair.

Im sure to some, this list seems like DUH OBVIOUS. But many with mental health issues know it’s simply not that easy some days. Having the check list REALLY helps me. Getting adequate sleep helps me a LOT too. I go to bed early so I can wake up early way before the kids and get that alone time before everyone wakes up/ it’s been life changing.

Also- look into “gentle parenting” (despite its name, it’s not passive or permissive in any way - haven’t yelled at my kids in over a year and it’s made me feel MUCH more in control of my emotions and my parenting abilities!)

• Anxiety, Depression, ADD and PTSD here

:two_hearts::two_hearts:

11 Likes

I was diagnosed with all 4 plus PTSD. I take lamotrigine and abilify and it’s great. Also b12 has helped with my energy. I believe it’s the b12 anyway because I was drained 24/7 as well before taking it…

1 Like

Its called being a single parent whos working constantly so you have no free time to enjoy life! So your depressed and its not easy!! Your doing the right thing for your daughter which means your a good mom

I would try another med.

Pm me! I feel you :heart:

It took me years to find a medication that worked. Therapy, a med doctor, lots of personal development. I still have bad days. But I don’t let it turn into a bad week, or bad month, year. Talk to your doctor. Be honest and keep trying!

2 Likes

I’ve been diagnosed with those and a few more. I don’t like being on meds, I struggled to find anything that made me feel like myself. So therapy, figuring out my broken child, cognitive behavioural therapy which you can do on your own just start googling and reading about it. Learning proper coping mechanisms. Also practicing being mindful, all around including getting enough rest, nutritious food and exercise has really changed my life. Of course I am still a work in progress and some days don’t work out but just remember each morning is a new opportunity to try and do over. Just keep trying and you will find things that work for you.

2 Likes

Maybe you’re taking on too much with school AND work. Maybe take a break from school for a little while? Your little one needs attention from you. And you sound like you need less stress in your life.

1 Like

Being a parent is hard let alone with all the other added things. I think everyone gets mom guilt. Just part of parenting. All we can do is our best.Just look into different meds and maybe therapy…

1 Like

Please don’t be so hard on yourself, you obviously love your daughter and she loves you. You are her whole world but if you aren’t healthy then you are no good to anyone so the first thing you must do is make an appointment to see your doctor and find medication that will work for you, it takes time and you may have to try a few to find what works for you but it is so very important and people need to understand that you need to get healthy physically and mentally in order to function and be fully in the moments with your child and your family. I hope you have good support to help you through, remember there are better days ahead just please take care of yourself❤️

You need the right therapist and medications that work best for you. Remember when starting these type of meds it gets worse before it gets better and a lot of times it takes 6+ weeks before you feel/ see a difference. Everything takes time.

2 Likes

I suffer from everything you suffer with. Did you try different medications? Sometimes it may be that you need something else, or that you need a higher or lower dose. I take my medicine every night before bed. I still have bad days, but not as often as when I’m not on medicine. I don’t think you’re a bad Mom, but I do think you need more support and help. Maybe try a therapist? I see mine once a week (normally)!

With that bad of symptoms, I highly suggest continuing the medication route. I’m bi-polar and have bpd. I am unmedicated but it also took me 23 years to get to this point.

2 Likes

medications have changed and advanced. Find a new psychiatrist for prescribing, and get into counseling. You should not have to live this way.

3 Likes

The right medication will help 1000% it’s trail and error, on the days where I felt I couldn’t get out of bed during a depressive period I would make it something fun my kids could remember instead of them looking back at mom in bed all day. I would get pizza put a movie on the tv and have dinner in bed so all I could feel was how terrible I was and felt like a crap parent while my children enjoyed the picnic and movie with mommy in bed. We beat are selves up so much we forget that our kids just require some 1:1 time and to know you love them. No matter how simple that may be. Parenting isn’t all about grand gestures. Being a parent and struggling mentally is the hardest thing to handle. You are strong and clearly love your child otherwise you wouldn’t be beating your self up with guilt. You got this momma. Small steps each day you will find your peace.

2 Likes

U can mess me and I will talk with u I was u

I suffer from anxiety, depression, anger, panic attacks, PTSD and I see a psychiatrist, and it has helped me, with the right medicine, to keep them all under control, but I haven’t been able to see her, since thanksgiving of last year, because of my work schedule, so I have to make an appt to see her to get back on my meds, I can tell when I haven’t taken them, I get irritated really fast, and angry fast. And my son senses these things and likes to push me to my limits, but some times, it is just nice to have a few hours away from your child, just to enjoy you time, whether it is sitting on the couch watching your favorite show, reading a book, or relaxing. I think every parent needs a break, every now and then… it is hard raising kids. When you, are having mental health problems. But if you don’t address them now, they aren’t gonna get any better.

1 Like

Find another doctor and get on medication. Doing it your way isn’t you at all. There are newer medications out. I taken tribtellix, busiporone and trazadone to help me sleep. I am bipolar and also have sleep apnea. I had my sons at 39 and 41 and it wasn’t until I saw a neurologist for my migraines and she thought I was bipolar. You have to keep trying for your kid(s). It’s miserable and I say that with experience too to keep getting the right meds that works best for you. I think I’ve done the majority of them and some worked and some didn’t work well. As for family and friends, you MUST ignore that kind of negative chatter. As for me now that I’m in my early 70’s, it was well worth it to keep trying. What’s the alternative? Also, you need therapy too to help you find ways to deal with the upd and downs and to re ignite them earlier. I’ve been there, am still there and this isn’t fun. There is so much help out there and go get it. Your life will be so much better and then you’ll have the time and energy to play with your kid.

1 Like

I have bi-polar 2, depression, anxiety, and ADD. I’m also in school and work. I have 2 kids, 9 and 13. I have a fiancé, but he’s a lineman that works away. He’s usually home on the weekends, unless he’s working storm. Sometimes I feel like a single mom. One of my sons also plays sports, so I feel like I never get a break. At the end of the day, I always feel like all I did all day was scream and fuss. I feel horrible. My ex put it in my head that I’m a bad mom for the exact reasons you just mentioned. I had no energy and stayed depressed to the point I didn’t want to do anything. He would say that I would let them play on their electronics so I didn’t have to deal with them. I’m currently taking lamictal and it helps a lot. I still have my days, but it’s not as bad.
Try a different medication. Sometimes you have to go through a few different ones until you find the right one. You’re not a bad mom! It’s just harder for us dealing with mental disorders , but we got this :muscle:t3::heart:

3 Likes

Please don’t give up on medication. There is so much out there that can help. You don’t need to feel so awful. As long as you love your daughter you are doing a great job!!!

2 Likes

As someone who is diagnosed with bipolar 2 & seasonal affective disorder for over 10 years, I still to this day don’t like taking my meds. The stigma is real. Diagnosis is hard. I had about 20 years of just being on a depression med and that actually makes bipolar worse as most people need a depression med and mood stabilizer to make things even out. I’ve been thru almost every med out there till I found a combo that worked (same meds for about 5 years) I see a counselor and psych on a regular basis. My motto is always the least amount of meds I can be on with the most benefit is what I want. Sometimes It’s hard to find someone who has that thought process. I at one time felt like a zombie going thru the motions because I got over medicated. It can take time to find people you can trust to help and not hinder. Life is almost always overwhelming for me. I have 7 kids (mine, his, ours). Sleep is a big part of me not having trouble. If I’m not sleeping it makes everything seem way worse. Exercise helps me keep things in check as well. It’s something I’ve come to enjoy because it helps me relieve the stress. I’ve never gotten out of the “I’m not good enough” thought process completely. My world sometimes feels like I’m in a constant state of chaos (which I create). I’m always taking on way more than I should (learning to say no). It’s a very hard balance to keep things in check. You have to have time to yourself for self care and to recharge. You are a good mom. Best of luck to you finding what works for you!

You got this !

Change the narrative.
Self care - get the right meds.
If you take care of yourself them only can you take care of your daughter.

1 Like

Oh I totally get this. I have ASD, ADHD, anxiety, depression & PTSD. Somedays are certainly harder than others. I found a lovely little explanation of when you’re struggling with your children or even your own self, imagine that you’re an 80 year old, you came back in time JUST to spend this day with your child. It’s always going to be hard. Unfortunately for me being a good parent is often times neglecting how I’m feeling. I don’t get any help or support, so I understand. Depending on the age of your child, mines 2.5, I do play trays at least 4 times a week. Even on your really bad days, putting them with a tablet is more than ok. Just try and make it educational. It’s okay to have bad days. Always get up the next day and aim to be better than the one before. Using ways for the child to also manage their emotions, flash cards, sensory calm down bottles/corners, things like that. Also therapy for yourself :blush:

1 Like

I have adha, anxiety and depression. I am also a single mom who works and is in nursing school so i totally get it. I felt like a crappy momma cause I would snap on my son and parents for helping but I recently got back on my meds and it’s been a huge difference and I love it

Go to a Herbalist and I ask about herbs to help your disposition

Keep trying medications it takes time to find one that will work. Even spending half an hour a day reading to her every day will mean the world to her. Its not easy being a single patent with a “healthy” mind you are doing your best don’t give up yourself you are not alone in your struggle many of us know your struggle.

Overstressed with school, work, family and illness. Cut back, get different meds, pursue school later, get help!

Look into autism, it’s a common co-morbid condition of all of that. Sensory overload keeps a lot of people reclusive

1 Like
  1. You work and go to school! I get why you’re tired. 2. Talk to your doctor to find medication that works for you. Do it for your daughter and you! :yellow_heart:
2 Likes

Your family should be helping you not judging! My family has much mental illness but we have all found ways to get the support . You are under stress. Go to counseling and get meds. The best thing for your child is a balanced you!

1 Like

The whole world is suffering from some type of mental illness

Youtube meditations or if there are guided meditation groups around your area, also i hav no energy so i take berrocca boost not the normal berocca get the one that says boost in it, put it in half cup water in the morning after it disolves drink it all , pow u hav energy, its only vitamins :grin:

1 Like

We’ve all been there in one way or another. Get on the right meds and maybe some therapy you’ll be alright. I’m sure your a wonderful mom.

Finding the right medication is life changing. Don’t just try one and give up. It’s not a “one size fits all”

1 Like

Bpd here …daily struggle

1 Like

I am you!

You’re not a bad mom you’re overwhelmed.
My best advise is get a good sitter and leave as often as possible amd do something for you… It will do you wonders

I have all that plus tourettes. I don’t take meds except for my Tourettes and anxiety. Anxiety brings out my Tourettes even more. I was on 16 pills a day. Need one, but add another. Gained so much weight. Weighed 235. Signed a paper to release me and said nobody was responsible if I went crazy :rofl:. Been off for 6 years and lost 106 pounds! It’s hard to cope with and I battle every day. It’s something meds can’t fix. Just helps.

1 Like

Please see a therapist and get yourself back on meds,remember there are 100s of brands and you need to start on#1 until you find one thats right for you.Good luck,Im sure your daughter tinks youre the best mum in The world.

I suffer from depression and migraines. It took my 3 medications to find the right one. It’s a dance but once you find the right one and dose its like magic

It does take time to find a good mix of meds that work best for you and it does take little bit for it’s full effect…Your not a bad mom because you have an illness but if it’s preventing you from caring for yourself and your child you really should do whatever you need to so you can be the best mom you can be.You deserve to feel good about yourself and you deserve to be able to enjoy doing things for yourself and your child.Your child also deserves to have a mom who will do things with her and be able to provide for her and be there for her when she needs you.This is also hereditary so if your child starts to show signs your child will really need you at your best.Idk how old your child is but at some point your child will ask why you feel the way you do and my advice would be to talk to your child about it so your child doesn’t think it’s them.Please reconsider meds again be patient and don’t give up if it doesn’t help just keep trying another one.I know it’s frustrating but once you find a good mix you will feel so much better and you will be able to be the mom you want to be…It’s a daily struggle but with meds and therapy you can do it you can feel good and you can be the mom your child needs you to be…

1 Like

Definitely. I have had postpartum depression with all 3 of my kids. Not to mention I was already diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety, PTSD, and a few other things. I’ve been on a ton of different medications. Right now they have me on Lexapro AND Zoloft together. And a box full of other meds for each thing. It’s not always easy and it’s taken forever and I’ve learned as the years go but my kids are 8&6yo and I have an almost 2 month old. I think the meds I have now are working pretty well :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: my husband also has depression, bipolar disorder, and PTSD. But we make it work. Just have to kinda go with the flow with the meds and pray they find the right combo.

I’m a single mom in college and work also. I have depression, adhd, and probably PTSD. It’s hard. But I can honestly say you are probably your own worse critic and you are probably doing better than you think you are. There are times I am so tired and when I get home I want to give up but when I have those moments I force myself to engage in an activity of my sons choice. I’ll explain to him I’m exhausted but we can do whatever he wants for 30 minutes or an hour or whatever amount of time I feel like I can handle and I promise you I always feel better about myself when I give him that time. I always think wow, I’m so glad I just did that. One of out activities is going yo the library weekly and I’ll get short books because laying down at night to read a bed time story is the best thing ever and takes zero effort. You got this momma. One step and a time

1 Like

Im bipolar 1 , anxiety, depression and ptsd. Single mum of 7. My psychiatrist has been able to find a combination of 4 medications that I take morning and night that have balanced my mental state. I can care for my kids, homeschool my additional needs son , work , do sports and all after school activities with the kids . It took a while to find the right meds but being on 4 that work together and can cover all my mental health issues has been life changing for me. If you feel you need help for your mental state do find a good psychiatrist. They are the best at finding what you need to feel more in control of your mental health .

2 Likes

I am autistic bipolar have anxiety and some form of personality disorder… it took a long time for me to find the right meds that worked for me … keep trying meds and maybe even a therapist could help I am looking into them now because my depression has been really bad lately … hope things get better !!!

(((HUGS))) Mom. You are rocking this whether you can see it or not. Be honest with your daughter. Explain your challenges in words she will understand and reassure her that she is safe and loved. (set up a back up person to ensure this - just incase you have a downspiral) See the doctors, take the meds, go to therapy. Hang in there. As i tell a dear friend: You is kind; you is smart; you is important; is is a good mom or in his case dad; you can do this <3

1 Like

I’ve seen two of my employees both mothers off their bi polar meds it’s not fun for the office or staff and neither their kids .Stay on your meds please!

1 Like

Maybe let her be your reason why. Try to be excited or at least look forward to spending time with her instead of seeing it as a task. Sometimes expanding your view outside of your current circumstances help. Seems like you’re overwhelmed. The days that you don’t want to… do it anyways… get up, get dressed. Get some fresh air, open the windows. Don’t wallow in your sorrow because that’s not helping you or her. The only person that can make any changes to improve your life is you. Drink more water. Exercise. I hope you feel better.

You might need some diff meds. I need them im a mess without them. Mine still arent there yet but its better it takes awhile to get right sometimes. Thats what i have except much symathy. I deal with serious mental illness now my kids are older tho i cant imagine having a little right now​:anguished::anguished:

2 Likes

dont give up. jour a very good mum.

Just because one drug didnt work…try another till you find one that helps you, you wont regret it.

2 Likes

I am struggling real bad :worried:

Daily struggle. I often feel like a bad mom … I’m glad it’s not just me and my thoughts. I try to push them out my mind but it’s so hard.
Praying for you. It’s always trial and error with meds. I hope you find meds that works for you.

Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right medication. It took a long time for me to find the right medication and I totally understand. I would try to see another psychiatrist and see how that goes

1 Like

Look into vitamin deficiency

Keep trying medication until you find one that works. You might nit see the difference as much as other people around you.

1 Like

I am bipolar tier 2 and also suffer PTSD l take one med and l have a 3 yr old and he has special needs l make it work l get tired but l know if l am not good l am no good to him so baby steps you will get there reading a book with your little one is your gift to them and it will help you cope you got this momma sending warm vibes your way

1 Like

It’s so hard. You sound like you are doing more than me because I stay home (my husband supports us.) Try to make a day that you take her to the park, no matter what. We do Fridays after school. I also put my kids in ballet Saturday mornings because if we don’t have something scheduled we will waste the day in PJs, doing nothing.

Please see a psychiatrist. They can evaluate you and get you on a med that will help you. It may take some time. But give it a chance. I had to be on several before I found the right one. Don’t give up. Also go to counseling. That will help.

Medication!!! Therapy!!! Try both. The medication you were on may not have been the right combo for you. But don’t give up on it. Your baby needs you at your best and if that means medication and therapy. Then do it!! Let her be your reason why you got help and got better.
I know motherhood is exhausting and school is exhausting and work is exhausting and doing it all is exhausting. But the right combination of meds and therapy can make a world of difference for you and her. You’re not a bad mother… but it is a bad decision to not continue seeking help for what your diagnosed with, even therapy alone can make a big difference. Getting help isn’t a dirty thing or something to be ashamed of. You deserve to feel good too. Mental illnesses are very real and very debilitating at times. Don’t suffer alone. You got this!!

2 Likes

Also, please try meds again. They may not be a magical fix but help a little. Also, smoke weed. It will calm you.

My mother had depression anxiety and Bipolar mania it was hard growing up with her and she wouldn’t take her meds.
Please find the right meds (it takes time) and stay on them
Good luck

2 Likes

I have 3 kids, and I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, anxiety and depression. I do not have custody or raise my children. I felt like I wasn’t the best choice for them. That being said, medication didn’t help me either.
I learnt that being a good mom meant doing and wanting what is best for my children.
Contact a counselor.

Yup I have bipolar i get manic at times and then super depressed where i dont even wanna get out of my bed I take Lamictal for it I have depression and anxiety ptsd and spd I’m going through the process of being tested for autism and adhd. I have 4 kids all under 11 my son has autism adhd spd and dmdd. Meds are a trial and error my son has been on over 13 different meds I have been on 3 different ones

1 Like

I lived most of my life with ADD, depression and anxiety. Meds for mental illness work differently for everyone. It is always trial & error. You cant just quit taking them, cold turkey! It only makes things worse. You should keep trying until you find what works for you. And counseling is also beneficial, as well as exercise. Ignoring your health and feeling tired and lifeless all the time shouldn’t be an option. Especially when you have a child/children to take care of. You cant take care of anyone else if you aren’t well yourself. Please take care of yourself and LOVE yourself.

1 Like

Just FYI you CAN lose your child for NOT being on drugs

1 Like

Get to your Dr and get back on meds,everyone has something to deal with, a history of abuse, depression , something.Deal with it, get well, go to council if if it helps.Your child will grow up fast ,Don’t waste time ,This is both of your lives,Live it now

Same here darling. Take it day by day. Don’t let the negativity get you down. Take positive steps even if it’s something so little as taking a shower. You got this.:heart:

The medicine is already in her and has put her a little off balance but for now your all the medicine that she needs just pay attention to her try and see where you may be going together or where you meet up.

You need to get the right kind of medication I also suffer from bipolar, manic depression, ptsd, ocd, anxiety, and some other physical health problems. Please see a doctor or psychologist.

2 Likes

:raised_back_of_hand: bipolar, non specific, anxiety, severe depression, and I could have wrote this post…you have to get on meds and stay on them and if something doesnt work, then try another…and if you dont want to use meds, then change your diet, change your habits with sleep and wake cycles, make yourself try and read at least a book your child…you have to be your own advocate for your mental health…its not fair to your family and friends to have to take care of your baby everyday…yes, I do understand at times we all need help, but not everyday. Your daughter deserves to have a happy, healthy, mom and you deserve to live a happy, healthy, life as well.

3 Likes

Obviously you’re not if you won’t take care of yourself. Go see a doctor. Get yourself healthy. And stop going off meds because “they don’t work” without talking to your doctor. Sometimes they need changed or adjusted.

2 Likes

i feel ya, zoloft helped me Big time when i was having a hard time