Anyone ever received their Childs father's tax return?

I live in Texas. If the non custodial parent (normally a father) owes over 10k in child support. They garnish his taxes and send it to the custodial parent or guardian that is to receive child support. I normally don’t see my exes return until December time. No matter how early he filed. I hope this helps.

I have gotten my son’s father’s taxes a few times for back child support, It usually only took about 8 weeks after irs intercepted it for foc to put it on my card. But he’s not married or anything, simple return, and I’m the one who does his taxes,we’re still coolish with each other, when he randomly works so I’d e-file them right away lol But that was pre pandemic so who knows these day’s…

They hold it for 6 months.

It’d take anywhere from 30 days up to 6 months to get any back child support taken by the irs.

I filed in March, have yet to see mine

Order space icecream from amazon!

There is a 6 month hold unfortunately. Mine won’t deposit until October :sob:

In Oklahoma there is a 6 month hold. So six months from when you received their letter you will get it.

If the father is not paying child support like he should they take his taxes for child support. Happens every year to my ex husband. But with so many delays in taxes this year could be why it hasn’t arrived yet.

It’s usually if they file a joint return it’s a 6 month hold so that their spouse has time to file an injured spouse form to get their part back. If they file single it shouldn’t be all that long of a hold (unless IRS is behind of course). By the time my ex filed he was so behind on medical support to the state that the state kept every penny of the only payment he’s made in over two years🤦🏻‍♀️

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone ever received their Childs father's tax return? - Mamas Uncut

It’s a process. It’s has to go through different “hands” first. It’s not unusual for it to take months to get.

It takes a few months because they or spouse has a right to appeal

When my son was behind on child support, IRS sent the money to the state agency who then applied it to his back child support. First IRS collects their money, then child support, then the father.

The answer depends on the state the order is written in. All states give some type of allowance for them to file injured spouse forms if it is a joint return and most have some type of delay from when they receive the funds from the IRS to when they release that can vary from 1 month to as many as 6 months (that is the largest time frame I have seen but it could be longer).

In my experience, it’s usually 6 months after the end of tax season, so usually around October

It can take up to 6 months to get a tax return from a non residential parent

Here in Texas when they garnish the income tax when they’re behind on child support they will garnish the amount of their return but in Texas they hold it for a 180 days before they release the money to the parents

I got his two weeks ago. It usually depends on when he files and if he makes any mistakes on his return

My sons dad is in jail I found out they got a letter back in February or March that their taking so much out his tax return but I found this out by his sister. Don’t know how much it’s true. Now it’s July

If he is married it can take up to 6 months.

They use to only send them out in September…not sure about now

Here in florida it takes up to 6 months to get them.

November is when it went in my acct.

Here in Kentucky. If the non custodial parent is married, it takes up to 6 months. If not, then it’s 30 days

I did a few years ago it took about 2-3 months but it was only like $200

It can take up to 6 months. I’m going through it now

I used to get my ex’s I would get a letter at tax time but it would always be after August when I would get it majority or the time later October

6-7 months normally. After I get the letter in the mail

One month if he is single 6 months if he is married

IRS is way behind on refunds, also

The state takes the money their owed first, such as Medicaid arrears. . Anything left over goes to past due child support.

I haven’t received any of my daughter’s sperm donor’s taxes in forever. I think he quit filing years ago or owes the IRS every year.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Anyone ever received their Childs father's tax return? - Mamas Uncut

Received my letter in April and just got it last week. I’ve gotten his tax return for the last few years and it always takes a few months but usually the funds are available by mid July, august at the latest. Remember if you have a multiple state case it may take longer because both States have to process the payment

My late husband’s went to his ex twice and both times she had to wait 6 months from the time they were approved. So if you got the letter in April you should get it sometime in October.

I have gone through this and it took months after to get it.

The irs is still so backed up on taxes as a whole plus sometimes if theyre giving it to you for his child support then sometimes they take a little bit to process & release the way they should with the proper paperwork attatched.

Yes I have but usually it comes right away if not maybe it went to insurance. I would call and try to find out

I used to (my son is now 21) and I alwayssss recieved it in July

In Illinois, they hold it for 6 months and then release it via check. You may check with your comptroller office (that’s who issues them here)

1 Like

They are held for 6 months it was the end of August before I received mine last yr

They’re not doing them until July 15th

My sister in law has mentioned before that it takes 6 months, usually because if the father is married the wife can file injured spouse. Tax returns in general have taken way longer now, I’m not sure if that’ll affect your situation.

They have to give it like 6 months to make sure no one tries to file injured spouse

I have gotten it every year for the the last 9 years. I have never gotten anything about it in the mail but have had it deposited within 30 days of him filing except the year he filed with his gf. They held it for 120 days that year.

A few years ago around sept I got some of my exs

The IRS will hold it for 6 months if he’s married because they wait for an Injured Spouse form to be filed. Then it’s up to your state. Took 8 months to get mine.

We filed in February and just got ours last week!! So backed up.