Are your kids affectionate?

My child is very reserved. I know he loves me. But he’s not a touchy feely kid. He will randomly come for hugs or comfort or seek reassurance and tell me he loves me. He’s always been this way and was recently diagnosed autistic.

It doesn’t happen often, but when it does it just lights up your heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yup, both my boys are super affectionate. Although my 12 yr old is becoming less so lately but that is normal for a preteen.

My 4yo is super affectionate, always hugging and kissing us and telling us shw loves us. But we all are like that at home :woman_shrugging:t2:

My son tells me I love you all the time. Cause I tell him I love him.

I have 7 year old twins. One of them does all the above and the other does not.

I have 4 sons and they’re all very affectionate.

My 3 and 7 year old do. My 10 year old is coming around but she only wants affection on her terms

My kids are grown and they still give me hugs and tell me they love me.

Yes my 3 do and always have

My oldest daughter is the most loving and affectionate. My 5 year old is when she isn’t feeling well or just in the mood to lay on my lap. My 2 year old pokes me in the eyeball and says bullshit…

My kids always tell me they love me, but my son will let me hug him but no kisses .My daughter let’s me hug her as well,but I kiss her on the cheek.

All three boys ages, 14, 12, and 7 do. They walk in from being at their dad’s and all three hug me and tell me they love me. While I am working from home and they have breaks in between classes they will come behind and hug me. I hope they always do this. I love it. I have always been affectionate and they still fight over who will sit next to me. The older two hug, then put their cheek towards me. My little one does kiss, hug, then fist bump and high five in that order. I will miss when he stops :frowning:

Yes! They absolutely do! My son is the most affectionate one, though he’s also the youngest!

When they were little not anymore and they r 20, 18,12, 10 and 7

All the time. My kids tell me and their dad and each other “I love you” about a thousand times a day. And the cats too :joy: they even hug and kiss the cats every day.

My son is all most 16 and still tell’s me he love’s me every day and before he go’s to bed.

Yes all 4 of my kids are affectionate there 10, 7, 3 and 2. My 3 year old not as much but he still will hug and say I love you when he feels like it.

2.5 and he wasn’t very affectionate until a few months ago. Now he gives hugs and kisses with no prompt. He will run full force, smash into my hips and hug me as tight as he can.
Kisses can be hit or miss. 50/50 chance of getting licked instead of kissed😅

1 Like

I have 2 teenage boys & yes they’re affectionate with me

My son likes to fake me out :joy: He acts like he’s coming in for a kiss but then he dodges :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Every day. But we’ve always been affectionate so it’s been in them since birth.

My daughter does. My son does too but less often and he doesn’t really like to be touched

Yes always gets less as they get older but they always want a hug

Our 6 year old no, never has been. Very sweet child and is so kind with compliments for others, but not physically affectionate. Our 2 year old is a total love bug. He hangs on me and runs up to me all the time and hugs my leg or wants a kiss :kiss:

No. As young toddlers/ kids they were but at about 10 or so everyone stopped being affectionate. The youngest boy is trying to be a “tough guy” and rarely does

Mine are adults now and yes they’re very affection it​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: even when I’m talking to them on the phone we’re saying good-bye if I don’t tell them “I love you” wherever they are or who’s arnd they yell@ it@ me “MOM MOM I LOVE YOU” :joy::joy::joy:

Yesss all the time :heart: she has a big heart & loves to love.

All my children plus my adult grandchildren and younger grandies give me hugs,kisses and say they love me

1 Like

With my 4 year old, he says I love you and gives kisses, and always gives me a hug. I’ve always done it to him when he was a baby so I guess it’s more of just a habit or “routine” to say or give affection. Every kid is different tho. Even tho you give them to a of affection maybe they don’t feel like they want/need to say it or do it often. I personally don’t do it much with my parents. I only show a lot of affection to my children and husband.

With my eldest who is now 5, he was never affectionate when he was younger wouldn’t let you hold his hand or cuddle him which was one of the concerns we had in thinking he may of had additional needs which was brushed off by a doctor. Fast forward to now he has just been given an autism diagnosis and only now as he’s getting older is more affectionate than he used to be but only on his terms.
My youngest now 3 was very affectionate as a baby used to sleep holding my hand and loved cuddles, now however is less affectionate not wanting kisses and cuddles unless he’s hurt or upset or at bedtime.

My seven year old is very affectionate :heartpulse: often he’ll say “guess what…? I love you” he picks me any flower he sees, asks me for a hug allllll the time, and tells me often hes going to marry me when hes 18 :heartpulse::heartpulse:

My son is 5 and I always have to initiate affection. He will gladly come give me hugs and kisses but he will only ask for them when I leave for work and when I go to bed in the morning.