Baby food recipe ideas?

Fan Question

-Krista✨

Good morning mamas! I posted a few days ago about starting my 4 month old on purées. We decided we are waiting till closer to 6 months unless she shows signs of wanted food herself.
My question today is does anyone make their own baby food? I’m not excited about the way jar baby food is made at he store.
I want to just purée my own and store it.
Any tips or tricks or rules to follow?
Like- sticking to 1 food source per purée for a while and then slowly adding in 2, then 3 food sources etc.

4 Likes

So much fun to make your own​:blush: Stick to one at first to make sure there’s no allergies. Look on pinteret. They have a lot of recipes!!:blush:

2 Likes

Yep - Pinterest has a lot of ideas.

Stick to orange foods first
Sweet potatoes
Squash
Things like that

With my son he’s had sweet potatoes since 4 months

We scrub and peel then cut into chunks and boil only don’t add anything then drain and put in a bowl of very cold water for 3 mins to stop the cooking process
Once that’s done drain and put the sweet potatoes into a processor with 6 oz of breast milk and keep adding until you get a very runny consistency:)

If your plan is now to wait until 6 months and being interested in food… have you thought about baby led weaning?
So much fun & so easy- no having to make anything extra!

2 Likes

I’ve done both when my son was younger. When I did jar baby food it was Earths Best and was good. If you have the time to make your own, go for it! Some people simply don’t and that’s ok as well. If you breastfeed add that to the purée to get the proper consistency. If you don’t, add water.

1 Like

I used sterilized baby food jars. Put on masking tape with what it was and the date. I made all my own baby food. It was super easy and way cheaper too.

1 Like

I’ve done it my son refused the jar food so we got a baby bullet and made it ourselves I plan on doing the same when my second baby is ready

1 Like

It is so easy and so much cheaper than jar food. I would puree my food/blends and pour it into ice cube trays, freeze overnight and pour into a huge gallon size ziploc. I’d label them and put a date on them. My sons favorite was avocado mixed with banana and blueberry OR apple and blueberry. We did all sorts of fruits and veggies. If you need any ideas, recipes, etc, let me know!

1 Like

I made my own with my first, and intend to do the same with this one (due in a week and a half)… I have a baby bullet and food pouch maker. There are so many recipes online and I love that I KNOW what is going into my child’s body. I always bought organic for her and found some yummy recipes!

2 Likes

Steam the food first, and then blend

1 Like

Freezing some in ice cube trays worked well and I never bought a baby blender product.

1 Like

Its soooo much better to to make your own and for a little while start with 1 food per puree in case of allergies then start mixing you can freeze it or store it in the fridge I found a very good guideline on google search it :slight_smile: good luck

1 Like