Baby name ideas?

Liking Harlow. Broncs, not so much.

3 Likes

Shelby girl Dolten boy

Kids will call him Crocs. Coxks.Idk I just always worry about bullies. Harlow is sweet.

like harlow but not broncs

1 Like

Harlow is great. Broncs is a no go

Love Harlow not Broncs at all. Maybe Bronson??

1 Like

Like Harlow, but not to kee on Bronco. But its ur baby n im sure they suit what ever u name them. Best of luck on your baby. X

just one letter difference: harlot | ˈhärlət |
noun archaic
a prostitute or promiscuous woman.

I like Broncs if you a a western/rodeo kinda family. I see names like that at all the rodeos.

1 Like

Remember your child may have this name their entire life…what is cute or interesting now may not be later

2 Likes

I don’t care for either, but it is your baby to name.

Don’t do that to any child.

1 Like

Neither honestly. They sound like objects not names. However its your decision.

2 Likes

Brodie for girl
Brody for boy

Boy: odyen, Devan, Roy, Sam, Dean, Greg, Gordon, jack, brad, Kyle, Evan, Hayden, xan, axel,

Girl, Ava, Dera, mayvia, zaccy, Zoey, naveah, Harley, windy, Faye, Rita, Gloria, daisy, Octavia, may, ember, amora

Lafe for boy. Cissa for girl.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Baby name ideas? - Mamas Uncut

Bronc but no S. Harlow is nice

My daughter just had a boy, they named him Brody
my granddaughters names are Mackenzie, Ariana and Ella

2 Likes

Personally I think they are terrible names. Try something a little more caring.

7 Likes

Don’t care for the boy name. Love the girl name

1 Like

I wanted to name my daughter Mia Mi and my son Harry Cane, since i for faithfully for the Canes. The ex wasn’t having it

Love the name Harlow, but unsure about Broncs.

Those seem pretty trendy. Think of your child I’m his/her adulthood

1 Like

I have an unusual name and I love Sedina however I think females can usually get away with different names. It depends on where you live the town city or country and what your other names are.
Good luck in choosing your beautiful babies name

Harlow yes. Broncs not so much.

If you like them go with it…I have a foster granddaughter named Harlynn and I love it

The boys name is a name that opens him up for teasing big time. First thing I thought was about horses - sorry. Love Harlow. Congrats to all on the baby. You have to worry about the kid getting teased. My middle name is Jo & I’m a girl. But I LOVE Cyndie Jo so the teasing never bothered me fortunately.

Like Harlow,but not Broncs

Broncs makes me think of horses. I would not encourage that name as I think he would be teased about it. I like the name Harlow.

4 Likes

My boys are Charlie and Alfie, the names will suit them throughout their lives. My name is very unique and it has taken me 40 years to get used to it :joy:

Nope on both. Think of their futures

1 Like

Remember too that when they become teens or adults cruel people will make fun of some names. Brings a lot of pressure on kids.

3 Likes

I HATED my name as a teenager…so much that I just went by Jae…as I got older I learned to appreciate my name but as a mom I made it a point to give my kids names that needed no explanation or trouble pronouncing…as a grandmother…I love the diversity of my name…I can go by it…Jae…or even May…(maymay from the grandkids)
It’s a choice you make for your children and hopefully they will find their own joy in the name you select.

When I was teaching kindergarte, I had a child whose name was Kiashevakia. I have nothing against the name but it was difficult for the child to print it and took her a long time before she could.

2 Likes

Whatever you name your child,as long as you like it,it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.It grows on you,and after awhile,you couldn’t think of another name that fits.

Weird names are hard on kids. Give the kid a break.

2 Likes

u want a child to go thru life with those name

I was named for my grandfather’s grandmother. . So I did get a nickname in college but don’t be too clever it makes people wonder.

2 Likes

A name needs to follow all through life. A child, A teen, Middle of Life, and in Old age. It needs to be something they can write on a spelling test, a Business Card that another will take serious, it needs to fit on a name plate, a door tag.
Then again your kids do as you wish.

3 Likes

Harlowe is Pretty .Broc.or Brock.is better

3 Likes

Name it whatever you want. It’s your offspring so why care what anyone else thinks?

1 Like

Harlow is okay, but I don’t like Broncs. Isn’t that a football team?

2 Likes

My family named kids out of the Bible. The latest generation won’t do that.

Do you stop to think how that name will wear as they age? Or how many times they will have to spell it for someone?

1 Like

Harlow is a boys name. Don’t confuse your baby. Name the baby a time tested name. A proud name.

1 Like

You’re terrible at picking names !!

I like Harlow
Got to get used to Broncs

Makes me think of the Bronx zoo

Don’t use name that you would. Not want

3 Likes

I love them both. My son’s name is Tarkenton, Tark for short and he loves his name. Didn’t care what anybody said about it, I loved it.

1 Like

I would probably spell Bronks

Like girls name not the boy’s name Broncs

1 Like

Neither will follow them well thru life please rethink

1 Like

Or first day of school

1 Like

Harlow has been over used. I know of 3 people who have named their girls Harlow

Just as long as it’s easy for the kid to spell and it won’t bring bullies around :face_with_raised_eyebrow: NO not Sue

Harlow…Harlot Broncs…NO

1 Like

I like harlow but not boys name

Don’t name it. Let it choose its own name once it chooses it’s gender.

2 Likes

Who makes up these stupid questions?

3 Likes

Maybe Bronx instead.

Is Broncs like Bronx? Because that’s just awful and that kid will spend his life explaining and spelling his name.

3 Likes

This is your child and it has to be a name that you are comfortable giving your child. Asking on a platform like this won’t help you and at the end of the day, who cares if Joe Schmoe doesn’t like the name you picked? My sister hated the name we chose for our daughter. Called it a disgrace to the Polish community. You know what? We still named her that name.

1 Like

Love the name Harlow. You asked for opinions, please find another name for a boy.

Don’t care for the boy name.

I really do not care for Brocns.

Sorry but Broncs is horrible. The spelling I mean. Looks look bronco which is a horse

I think a child named either “Bronc” or “Harlow” would live to regret their names. There are too many associations with both names.

2 Likes

I really like the name Harlow for a girl. It’s different, but not “weird different”

I’m ya ok? They will hate you! Just saying.

Harlow is cute, but I don’t like Broncs.
Mason, Liam, Nathan, Jackson, and Matthew are better names for a boy.

My uncle named his daughter Harlow Rose. Broncs is definitely different. Im all for different names though. Were having baby #2 & if its a girl were naming her Magknolya Ryver. & if its a boy Remington Ryder. We also have a Wynter Rayne.

1 Like

……are you fans of good Charlotte? Is that why you’re trying to name your kids exactly what the madden brothers named their kids? All you’re doing is making sure everyone will misspell your kids name, forever. It’s not clever, it’s not cute, it’s a lifelong albatross around their neck.

7 Likes

Shannon, Lorissa, Jennaya, Kierrah, Kaleea, Randilynn

Please don’t name your kid anything strange…the kid will suffer with other kids making fun of him!

1 Like

I think whatever you choose will be perfect for your family.

I’m not sure I’d want to name my child after an Essex town. Broncs in the UK is short for Bronco which is a type of nasty loo-roll…

1 Like

Why ask? It’s your kid.

1 Like

Harlow is ok ish… Broncs isn’t good at all

2 Likes

Not a fan of the boy name. But you do you.

Broncs?! Seriously :joy:

Remember babies grow up and some get bullied at school and hate the parents for the parents choice(s) of name…and it’s important to find out what the meaning of your childs name is. My son is Matthew and his name means “gift from God” and Cassidy my daughter “Clever girl”. Everytime I called them on their names, I say gift from God and Clever girl…just my opinion :blush:

I love them both. The most important thing is that you love them. My only advice is that you have to think about their future regarding the possibility of other kids teasing them about their name. I don’t think you really have to worry about that with the names you’ve chosen. I think they’re cute.

1 Like

Harlow is very pretty! :heart:

1 Like

I think both names are cute. I would go with the spelling Bronx. To make sure my kiddo wasnt correcting the pronunciation of his name regularly.

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s your child. No matter what you name him or her someone isn’t going to like it and others will love it. Try yelling the full name. Does it seem like something that you’ll feel comfortable yelling randomly for the next 18 plus years? What about possible nick names for the names you’ve picked? All of our kids have nick names (shortened versions of their names) some of them I wish I had thought thru a little better only because I didn’t think about nicknames when letting their dads pick their names.

London for the girl, Leather for the boy

The names should only matter to you. I like Harlow :cherry_blossom:

I mean it don’t matter what everyone else thinks. You should name your child what you think fits best. Not what everyone else thinks fits best.

Sounds like "I cheer for the Harlow Broncs " :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m sorry

I have a niece named Arvilla and a nephew named Calvin. I love both names.

Harlow sounds like a boys name its not a cute name sounds masculine

Maybe go with Bron instead of Bronco…

A friend is a counselor in NC. She works with alot of former students whose parents gave them unpronounceable and unreadable names. Once they get through college and enter the business world they find it impossible to find a decent job. She helps them legally change their names to something more pronounceable.
There is nothing wrong with unique names but don’t make them targets of ridicule or hamper their ability to succeed in life. Don’t pick their name out of a bag of Scrabble tiles.

5 Likes

Broncs reminds me of an animal. I like Harlow. I respect your choices though.

1 Like

I know a Bronx and a Harlow. Super cute names.

Love Harlow, my husband’s first name is Henderson. He is the III and has always been called Henny.

We have been going through that then found out it’s a boy. My 8th grandchild. Mom and dad cannot agree on anything.

I mom had 8 of us 4 girls 4 boys all my siblings names are your average name She named me Lana I get alot of people say oh I never heard that name just saying God bless