Best choice for my 15 year old daughter?

So we just found out my 15 year old niece is sexually active,to our surprise she's pregnant. My sister doesn't want her to abort the baby,but my niece does. Yes she's to young to have a baby but my sister also thinks she to young to make a choice like that as well. I'm on the fence about it and haven't really given my opinion on the matter. Just wondering what you ladies think?
333 Likes

I mean, technically if she wants an abortion, that’s her choice. I’m not sure because of her age if she’ll need parental consent or a parent present or how that works but my personal opinion is if she wants an abortion, she should get one then she needs to make an appointment to get birth control

Please let her know that abortion is NOT the only choice. This is a perfect opportunity to teach her about consequences but also about LOVE and grace. Show her that even though the world will tell her to take the easy way out, even a choice like getting rid of the baby will leave consequences too that nobody likes to talk about. I’ve spoken to women who have suffered greatly from depression and anxiety after having an abortion. Yes it’s tough right now. But this is where the support should come in. Let her know she’s not alone, she’s still loved and has a lot of places to go if she needs any help. If she truly doesn’t want the baby there are so many couples looking to adopt. I am one of those that is truly willing to do whatever it takes to help. Just let her know that abortion is not the only “choice”. I’ll be praying for her :heart:

Is her mom going to take care of and raise the baby? Will her mom take full responsibility until her daughters child turns 18? Will her mom deal with the judgement at school along with physical and emotional changes? The mother can feel however the hell she wants but that doesn’t give her a right to decide unless she wants to raise the baby herself & in that case the mother should get pregnant.

Having two daughters that have been this age, I can’t imagine forcing them into motherhood. If she truly does not want to be pregnant and have this baby, there is a disaster in the making with her mother forcing her into this. I feel like the mom may feel guilty for not knowing this was going on. But the consequences of her guilt should not be forcing her daughter into pregnancy and motherhood. She should have been there for her daughter and known what was happening. I hate it when people say they can’t know what all their kids are doing. I was all up in my kids’ business and always keeping a strong and open relationship. Mom messed up. Daughter is still a child. But it is her choice to not be pregnant and she shouldn’t have to be. She has to right to have an abortion and continue growing up.

1 Like

I was in the same place as your niece at the age of 14 years old, l had to see three doctors under referral from my GP and explain my reasons to get an abortion, l was of sound mind and that the decision was mine and mine alone to make, my mother had 5 of her friends try to sway my decision.
I had my god father who was my saving grace he told me that no matter what decision l made he would always love me and stand by my choice as this choice was mine to make and it would affect me forever, l made my choice because 1. l was a child 2. l had no way of providing for that child 3. Adoption was out as l would never be able to hand that said child over 4. the father at the time was hell bent on controlling me this would have only given him more power 5.l didn’t want my mother raising my child because l was in year 8 at the time.
I have never forgotten that child l always carry that in my heart but l also learned from that mistake l met my husband 20yrs ago had two beautiful children now and am married to that same man for the last 11yrs, l lost my god father on my birthday but l always carry his wisdom with me forever because he was the only one who didn’t give me his opinion only his support and that is what you need to give your niece just your support love and understanding that this is crazy scary situation.
l had suffered panic attacks the whole was through this process of my life its scary especially when you think on one will like or love you after you made your choice.

I think this is a good time for mom to have a real heart-to-heart discussion with her daughter. Lay out all of the options so daughter can make an informed decision, and genuinely talk about it with her. Because it ISN’T a decision that should be taken lightly. But honor her choice, and support her decision regardless of what it is. This is something daughter alone will have to carry for the rest of her life. Whatever choice she makes.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best choice for my 15 year old daughter? - Mamas Uncut

Her body. Her choice.

12 Likes

I think only her choice matters

13 Likes

Her life will be forever changed. She should be able to make this decision on her own

14 Likes

At 15 she already knows what she wants to do with a baby!! Coming from someone who had a baby at 15

7 Likes

I’d say its up to the person that is pregnant it’s their body and their choice

5 Likes

Her body her choice. It is also her life.

8 Likes

At the end of the day it is her choice and the mother can’t do anything about it sadly

3 Likes

If shes too young to make the choice on her own to keep it or abort, then shes too young to make decisions for a child. Its her choice. Sounds like shes trying to make the best decision for her and the fetus

8 Likes

Her body her choice …

2 Likes

Her body, her choice.

But also, forcing a 15 year old to become a parent when they don’t want to be won’t be good for her or that baby.

20 Likes

Her body and her life thats changing your sister is in the wrong here.

2 Likes

The niece seems to be a lot smarter than her mother…

13 Likes

I was pregnant with twins at 14 and my mom made me get an abortion and it was the best choice that could have been made

20 Likes

#abortion her body, her choice.

1 Like

If she chooses to keep it, maybe someone can adopt the baby or take gaurdianship so she can finish school, go to college but still have a relationship with her child.

3 Likes

She was grown enough to have sex then I would think she should be grown enough to take care of the life she created.

It won’t matter after the 6th week of pregnancy

1 Like

Her body, her choice.

5 Likes

I think she needs to be told exactly what an abortion entails and be given very descriptive information on it as well as the other options available to her. She also needs to be aware of the mental anguish such an act can have on her years down the road… i feel like only after she has every bit of information on every option should she be given an option! :woman_shrugging:

21 Likes

Her body. Her choice. I’d make sure she has all the information to make an educated choice. And then take her to the doctor and get her put on birth control. But they try to dictate her body is wrong.

1 Like

Ask the 15 year old who is pregnant - she is the one who bears the baby.

5 Likes

Why is this even a question.

Her body, her choice!

8 Likes

HER BODY HER CHOICE ! Support her , listen , give advice , let her know all options .

3 Likes

Her choice. 100%. I got pregnant at 16 & kept my baby - too young or not & he’s been great for the last almost 6 years and so are his siblings!

2 Likes

Her body, her choice. No one should be forced into something they don’t want to do.

1 Like

Her body her choice. If she wants to abort than the mother should be helping her get to that appt

2 Likes

Her body her choice not the mother’s

1 Like

100% her choice! She has to carry it, endure the judgement and take care of it the rest of her life. It’s not up to the mother to decide. It is up to the mother to hold her daughters hand and support her decision 100% then help her go on birth control.

6 Likes

Please Do not allow her to abort. It will devastate her when she old enough to have children. If her mother provides her with a good support system she can. Get through this pregnancy. Give the baby up for adoption. The quilt will destroy her life when she is old enough understand the consequences of abortion

37 Likes

Her body, her choice.

4 Likes

Her body her choice. Nobody should be forcing anyone to have a baby they don’t want.

4 Likes

The niece wants an abortion. Enough said. Her body, her choice. She knows what’s best for HER. The fetus is in HER body so her mother’s opinion is irrelevant here.

14 Likes

She maybe underage but if thats a choice she wants to make then best thing to do is support what she decides

2 Likes

Her body her choice! Now give her that plan b/abortion!!!

5 Likes

She’s to young to make a choice about a babies life if if should live or not she needs to learn responsibility and deal with the outcome of her irresponsible actions

8 Likes

Pro-choice. But if she gets the abortion also tell her birth control is her safest option afterwards

3 Likes

I would have a talk with her about it because she’s never gonna forget this memory 🥲

Let her. She isn’t ready. She stated it.

5 Likes

I was pregnant at 15! Changed me for the better. Everything happens for a reason

3 Likes

I’d just let her decide herself. Sit her down and ask her what she wants to do I’m pretty sure she’s scared right now and needs your support. When I got pregnant at 18 I was terrified but couldn’t bring myself to get rid when I found out I was 16weeks already.

2 Likes

I had my son at 15 and still graduated high school thanks to daycares an worked after school to support him my mom wanted me to abort an I said no my son is now 16 doing well

2 Likes

Too young to make a choice? So let’s not give her one? I am sure your niece is living her own battle and fighting her own thoughts and these are not going to go away as soon as a decision has been made she will have to live with this decision for the REST OF HER LIFE it should be HER DECISION. She needs love and support…i would definitely put new rules into place and offer tons of resources and education to help her to hopefully not have to make another decision like this.

16 Likes

Her choice, BUT if your sister doesn’t want to be financially responsible for this baby, she needs to get your niece in the direction of assistance ASAP. You keep the baby, but it’s YOUR BABY.

Her body her choice. No child deserves to be born as a punishment to their parent

8 Likes

Not your child! Not your baby! Not your decision! Mind your mind! The ONLY one who can make this decision the 15 yr old girl! NOT you or her mom!

8 Likes

Your daughter or niece? It’s her decision she made a decision to have sex so let her decide what she wants to do. Having a baby is a life changing thing, she still has so much to witness.

I have to agree,
Her body, her Choice.

1 Like

It’s the 15 year Olds life. Not the moms. Let her CHOOSE. She has rights.

2 Likes

Yes her body her choice but then again it might be the best thing to happen to her!! Children are a joyyy!

Your niece is the only one who can make this choice. Her mother needs to let her. Unless your sister is going to be a mum to this baby, she needs to butt out and support whatever decision gets made.

2 Likes

If the child is at home under her mothers room and aint of age its the moms choice thats my opinion if mom is supporting her!

16 Likes

She is old enough to have sex, she is old enough to make this decision for herself. She needs the abortion!!! For sake if her future!!!

1 Like

It’s your niece’s decision to make, no one else’s. It’s her body, her choice. It doesn’t matter whether or not any of you feel she is old enough to make that decision. She was old enough to decide she’s ready to have sex. She’s old enough to decide if she wants to keep or abort the pregnancy.

If she is too young to abort a baby, maybe she’s too young to be having sex! My goodness our world is just ridiculous anymore. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

She laid down, I definitely don’t agree with abortion ESPECIALLY if it was a willing thing (I can make an exception for rape) however there are still other options besides abortion. Adoption.

She could do adoption

4 Likes

Wow, that’s her body and her choice so why does the mother get to choose wether she goes through with the pregnancy, and quite honestly she probably will not bond with the baby and or resent the baby because she simply did not want it!

2 Likes

Her body her choice. All you can do is make sure she knows her options and be supportive.

2 Likes

She is Old enough to make Adult choice by having sex. She should be Able to make her choices. I don’t think abortion is the answer. Maybe put the child up for adoption…

Informed consent is key here. Give her all the information possible about BOTH choices. The good, bad, and the ugly. Its best not to sugar coat anything. THEN let HER make the choice. After that, its out of the mother’s hands.

I don’t agree with abortion but I don’t agree to forcing her to have the baby either. There are many people waiting to adopt a baby and raise her like theirs.

2 Likes

Her body her choice. Everyone saying otherwise will be the ones saying awful things when she ends up on the news from not only teenage hormones but PPD/PPA from being forced to make a choice other than what she wants.

3 Likes

I can understand both sides… either way she could choose to be irresponsible, 1 not taking care of the child, but someone could adopt the baby or 2 continue to have unsafe sex and end up pregnant again… at 15 could be the best thing for her to make her understand its not all about her

She needs to make that choice for herself. Either way it’s what she has to live with for the rest of her life. Mama at 20 but it was my choice.

2 Likes

Adoption might be the best option

2 Likes

She wanted to have sex, she clearly didn’t want to have a baby. Your sister should support her through her decision. Being made to keep a baby she doesn’t want will have massive consequences for the daughter and the child.

If she has all the information on all of her options then she can make her own choice.

1 Like

Pro choice I believe it should be her choice

Abortion is a sin i had my first child at 15 and we done just fine she is 33 now and a mom you don’t take life she made the choice she can now deal with it and grow up.

9 Likes

If she’s old enough to make a baby she should be old enough to take care of it with support.

8 Likes

She needs to speak to someone without bias. Perhaps a councillor who does this for a living?
Like me, there’s many people out there that would be willing to adopt the baby if that’s HER CHOICE to continue with the pregnancy and find a loving home for the baby. If not , her choices are abortion and raising the baby herself hopefully with a tribe of people who can help. I know someone who had a baby at 16 and she’s a fantastic mom. At the end of the day she’s a confused teenager who needs information and not feelings and to be supported when she makes a choice

4 Likes

Her body and her choice.

1 Like

Where’s the father in all this? She didn’t get pregnant by herself!!

8 Likes

adoption or bring to safe place after birth. she wasn’t too young to be sexually active when older she may reconnect with the child

2 Likes

I’d talk to her about all options including adoption.I do not agree with abortions but each to their own.I adopted my daughter and I’m forever thankful for her birthmom giving this amazing gift.

2 Likes

Let her get an abortion. It’s HER body. HER uterus. HER life.

5 Likes

I got pregnant at the same age , everyone I knew wanted me to get an abortion, I did not best choice I ever made was having my daughter she is now almost 12 and a very beautiful young lady it’s her choice not anyone else

1 Like

Her body her choice.

7 Likes

I would personally give her, her options. Tell her the pros an the cons of all of her options. But also just remind her that no matter what she chooses you still love an care for her. Because no matter what she chooses she will never forget .

Her choice. If you force a pregnancy, that potentially opens the door for the child to grow up in a toxic environment. I say leave it up to her.

Her mother should not be making a decision like that for her. She’s old enough to lay down and make a baby. She old enough to make this choice for herself.

1 Like

Her choice not her parents :+1:

She’s the one pregnant so it’s absolutely her choice. Just because her mom thinks she’s too young to make a decision like that doesn’t mean she should force a pregnancy and child birth on your niece.

She’s 15, she was old enough to make a choice to have sex so she should be allowed the the decision on what to do with her body.

My thing is that 15 year old wants it let her have it . Or that 15 year olds mama will be the one raising it . Her body her choice . I’m by no means pro-abortion . But that’s just another child that’s going to suffer

She needs to know all her options and deserves the right to bodily autonomy if she still chooses abortion. Her body belongs to HER and her alone. Not the fetus and not her mother. Let the poor girl CHOOSE!

1 Like

Can you talk to your niece about putting the baby up for adoption? Express how great it would be for a nice couple who have struggled to get pregnant and desperately need a child, to have a child???

3 Likes

Maybe someone should have been teaching her about this instead of waiting until…oops I’m pregnant. Parental fail.

8 Likes

I hope y’all don’t live here in Texas. :disappointed::angry:

2 Likes

HER BODY HER CHOICE , you want her to raise a child she could potentially resent ? Let her make her own choice as she did to be sexually active .

It’s her body, should be her choice also.

No reason a young child should be forced to have a child herself, especially when she doesn’t want it. A teen mom being forced to carry an unwanted child will lead to that baby being treated as such.

1 Like

If she is forced to have a child she doesn’t want. How will the child be treated?