Best choice for my 15 year old daughter?

I am a birthmom. I carried to term & placed in an open adoption. I would be happy to talk with them all if they want a first hand real discussion.

Her body,her choice.

1 Like

She should be allowed to make her own choice

Adoption pick a family that canā€™t have babies

I was 15 when I got pregnant and I kept my daughter, sheā€™s almost 6 now, and my parents left the choice up to me. Yes, she is young, and yes she couldā€™ve been more careful. BUUUTā€¦its not impossible for her to be a good mom! But, its also her choice if she isnā€™t ready to be a mom yet! Her body, her choice!

26 Likes

Everyone is saying ā€œHer body, her choiceā€. She made a choice when she decided to use her body to make a baby. Just my opinion. She needs to be accountable for her decisions. If she doesnā€™t want to keep it, maybe grandma can adopt it or she can think on it longer before she makes a rash decision.

20 Likes

Her body, her choice

She needs to be giving the facts. I walked into an abortion clinic asked questions and changed my mind.Iā€™m a teen mom had my youngest at 16ā€¦I graduated high school, have a bachelors degree in business and marketingā€¦I own a home, land, am married and have 2 more kids. I beat all the odds and anyone can. Itā€™s her choice and she needs to be supported.

1 Like

I agree that itā€™s her body her choice. But she could have the baby and give to someone that wants kids and canā€™t have them.

Unless the mother plans on raising that baby and buying everything for it then the daughter should be allowed to abort the baby. Sheā€™s clearly not ready to be a mother and is too young to realize the repercussions of her actions. She needs to do what SHE feels is best and to use this as a learning experience. Get her on some birth control as well, because sheā€™s clearly fertile and sexually active. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Her body her choice. Period.

2 Likes

What happens when the mother doesnā€™t allow it and she tries a home abortion? She could kill herself. What if sheā€™s forced to have this baby and wants nothing to do with it and the grandmother that banned the abortion now has to raise said child. Obviously idk yall personally-these are just things that could happen, which is why I firmly believe in ā€œNOT YOUR BODY, NOT YOUR CHOICEā€

1 Like

Iā€™m pro life. My sister got pregnant when she was 15 and had an abortion. She said she wanted to finish school

In the eyes of the law, she is a child. Her mom has to sign for everything. There are other alternatives, not just abort the baby. She can put the baby up for adoption.

Heā€™ll fucking yes abort she is a child probably made a mistake and this will immensely impact her life I cannot believe women who think this is a punishable teaching moment. Noland at the end of the day itā€™ll be your brain IAC sister taking care of the child. Itā€™s a big no for me.

Lay it all out for her. Deeply discuss options and what they look like (unbiased) and let her choose.

1 Like

Her body her choice. I think if sheā€™s grown enough to decide to have sex, she is grown enough to make this choice. She is the one who will be carrying that child, and as a 15 year old her body is not developed enough. It will also be mentally and emotionally hard on her if she chooses to put the baby up for adoption.

I really donā€™t support ā€œforcingā€ a 15yr old to carry a baby to term. Abortion is not an enjoyable experience and I really donā€™t think sheā€™d want to gone through one again or use it as a form of birth control.

3 Likes

I have a teen daughter, if we were in the same situation I would prefer to go through with the pregnancy, and decide what road is best for her after(adoption or raising baby). BUT, in the end, it is her body, her choice and what she will have to live with in the end. AND I will support her, even if I donā€™t agree. This is a big decision and no matter what her life will be changed. This young girl needs support and acceptance. And you sister needs to get on board

The only opinion and say that matters is your nieces. Make sure she knows her options. You cant force a teen to be a mother if she doesnā€™t wanna be!

2 Likes
  1. Hope your not in Texas 2) itā€™s her choice but she needs to know having an abortion is not a form of birth control so this should be the one and only time moving forward 3)Adoption is also a choice

Do not get an abortion there are so many good ppl out here that pray every single day for a child give it up for adoption!

Her body, her choice. Take her to an options counselor and let her speak to them on her own.

Mom and aunt need to leave their own personal feelings out of it and let her make her own decisions. But they need to be an informed decision.

And regardless of what her decision is - she needs to be supported.

1 Like

If she wants an abortion then as her aunt I would try everything to meet that need. 15 is old enough to know if you want to be pregnant or not. This is not your sisters uterus or future life. Such a tough situation. Adoption is not a solution to abortion. There are also states, not many that allow abortion without the consent or notification of parents. She can also obtain a court order if mom refuses and she wants one.

6 Likes

No offense to your sister, but why would she want her 15 year old daughter to have a baby? The child has already made up her mind, and it seems to be right decision. I understand your sister may be religious or just extremely against abortion, but she should take a minute to really think about what is happening. Also, as a 15 year old, she is too young to work to even to support herself, never mind a baby. Your sister would be the one financially responsible, and would likely end up having to take on more of a mother role than a grandparent. I feel bad for your niece if she is forced to have this baby that she knows she is not ready for. Obviously she shouldnā€™t have been having unprotected sex, but there is a reason abortion is an option for us. I just hope everything works out for everyone involved. :pray:t4:

1 Like

My Daughter was 16 when she had my Grandson it was the making of her 2.babies at 18 she is a brilliant Mum even tho so young

1 Like

I became a co-parent with my daughter.He was a blessing.

I donā€™t think she should abort it, but Iā€™m also definitely not for that sorry just my opinion. if she does not want it she has other options. Tons of couples who canā€™t have babies would love to have hers.

I feel like itā€™s her body so itā€™s her decision. Thatā€™s alot of responsibility if she doesnā€™t want it. It would just be a downward spiral and the baby would end up God only knows whereā€¦

2 Likes

Shes already pregnant its too late imo. Maybe mom should raise her grand baby as her own

2 Likes

To everyone commenting, no one cares if you got pregnant at 15, kept the baby, and it changed you for the better. I got pregnant at 15 and love my son so much, but I know that not everyone wants to do the same. Not everyone wants to keep their baby. Not everyone has the emotional or physical capability to carry a pregnancy to term and give it up for adoption or to keep it. I understand everyone has good intentions, but your experience is irrelevant to her situation. She wants an abortion. It sounds like she knows what she wants and is mature enough to make that decision for herself.

7 Likes

It was my choice to keep the baby I was pregnant with at 16 years old (in 1991) with the support of my amazing mother. I am now 47 and that baby is 30, getting married, and a Licensed Professional Mental Health & Drug & Alcohol Counselor. We are best friends.Everything happens for a reason. :heart:

5 Likes

Her choice either way will forever change her life. While the parent is thinking of both sides, she really needs to understand where her daughter is coming from. Donā€™t force a child on someone who doesnā€™t want it.

1 Like

Her body, her life, her choice. Period. I donā€™t think sheā€™s too young to make that choice. Support her and be by her for whatever she decides.

3 Likes

Her body her choice
Mom gets no say

5 Likes

In my opinion, abortion is wrong. I believe in life, morally Iā€™d choose adoption, thatā€™s it !!!

10 Likes

I personally believe there are other options such as adoption. Abortion should never be an option. If they are adult enough to have sex they are adult enough to deal with the results

Im pro life all the way but I would NEVER tell someone else you have to carry the baby to birth and you canā€™t abort! Im not God so it isnā€™t my place to judge anyone. Its her decision ONLY and she has to live with whatever decision she makes.

3 Likes

Have mama talk to her and have her consider adoption. Yes, she is pretty you to be having a baby, but sheā€™s still able enough to carry that child and help a family by giving them the chance to love that baby as their own. Should she go the route of an adoption, sheā€™s more than capable of choosing whether she wants it to be an open or closed.

Maybe the best choice here is to take the 15 year old to a clinic and let her talk to them where they can give her all the options without the judgement or expectations of family members. She needs to understand that she has options and what happens before during and after her choice. I wouldnā€™t want my daughter having a child at 15 but ultimately it is her choice and whatever she decides she is going to need support.

29 Likes

Her body her choice. As much as I hate saying that for someone so young (I have friends who have had babies at 15 and theyā€™re amazing mothers) but the mother shouldnā€™t want her daughter to raise a baby she doesnā€™t want or canā€™t care for and Iā€™m sure she doesnā€™t want her going behind her back and possibly doing something to hurt herself in the long run. Open and honest is the best way to go in this situation and I think that the mother should definitely sit down with her daughter and give her ALL of the options. Whether itā€™s abortion, adoption or stepping up to raise it. She needs her mom right now more than ever, so please please please, hear that girl out. All of these people saying sheā€™s too young for that kind of choice, I hope, she knew what she was doing when she laid down and if itā€™s that the case, she knew pregnancy was a possibility. Best of luck to her and I hope everyone listens to her wants and needs and supports her in whatever decision she makes.

1 Like

If the 15 year old thinks thatā€™s best for her situation then Iā€™d support her doing it. She is so young and pregnancy is hard even on full grown bodies.

1 Like

It should be the nieces choiceā€¦

1 Like

Maybe have someone in the family adopt the baby?

1 Like

This is sad. The daughter needs birth control and an IUD ASAP after whichever decision is made.

100% pro choice if she wants an abortion she should definitely be able to have one, and be put on birth control, or given better information on how to prevent another unwanted pregnancy, if her mother end s up forcing her into going full term adoption is a great choice as well. Jon and Celeaā€™s Adoption Adventure they are an amazing couple who have been searching for a birth mother. Advocate for your niece, give her options and educate her

2 Likes

She was able to make the decision to have sex, she is capable of choosing wether to haves child as a child. If she wants to have a normal life. Let her.

If she made the decision to have sex she needs to go through with having the baby. Adoption is the best option.

1 Like

Honestly I would just suggest talking with a counselor. But it is her choice and itā€™s one she will have to live with so maybe talking to a unbiased therapist would help.

Why is everyone saying she should have the baby and give it to someone who wants it this option is for very strong adults because even I couldnā€™t just hand off a part of me like a puppy. Plus itā€™s not her concern about other wen who want to be moms let her make these choices when she is an adult.

4 Likes

Have your niece talk to women who had abortions at her age. Research all the ins and outs with her, so sheā€™s making an educated decision rather than just an emotional one. Donā€™t try to sway her either way. As Rachele Woodham Bartlett said, her body, her choice. Just please make sure she knows all the ups and downs of abortion. Itā€™s not always the quick fix some assume it is.

I think it should be kept within the family. Itā€™s none of the internet or the worlds business.

1 Like

I got pregnant at 14 and had my daughter at 15. I had a job and took care of myself basically because my parents sucked. I kept my daughter and worked and finished school to give her a beautiful life I never had. I 100% say itā€™s her choice in the matter. I always always tell people just because I had my daughter young doesnā€™t mean I recommend it at all. Itā€™s made life so so hard but I did it for her.

Killing unborn children is never the answer. I donā€™t care what anyone says. God donā€™t make mistakes.

15 Likes

My mom had me at 16!! Im 31 and were bestfriends

Child should speak with a therapist and make a decision from there.

Everyone needs to stop telling other people what to do.

1 Like

How is she going to support herself and a baby at 15? That responsibility is going to fall on the mother not the child that is pregnant. Is the dad in the picture? Is he 15 too? Iā€™ve always been prochoice but I couldnā€™t imagine being pregnant at 15 itā€™s scary I had my first son at 18 had to finish schooling and work at the time all while taking care of a child my sons father was in and out of his life. Thereā€™s nothing I would do to change my life. But all in all it is her choice itā€™s her body. Her mother will have an influence on her choice my mother always stood behind on me on mine. I say support her and help her in making her choice.

1 Like

Her choice her body but she should defiantly think if some safe sex practices :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Its her body. Let her make the decision herself, she got into that mess herself let her figure it out. You wanna do adult things now take responsibility like an adult. Personally I think the 15 year old is doing the right thing by wanting to get an abortion. She has her whole life to have kids. But also let her know the consequences of her actions that once she aborts the fetus thereā€™s no going back. Hope you donā€™t live in a state where abortions are illegal.

1 Like

Have the baby and let her adopt it out.

Her body her choice. The End

2 Likes

Abortion aint for me but her body her choice

If you feel in your heart she would be a great mommy even if so young, if all else move her and baby in with u and be her supporter :purple_heart: my friends and I have (2004) babies they are all turning 18 next year, my best friends daughter got pregnant at 15 and she is a great mommy and we couldnā€™t imagine our lives without little Noah in it now :blue_heart: But if she is choosing not to have the baby then I believe it should be her choice for sure ,

Her body, her choice. Donā€™t be surprised when grandma is raising a baby that the mother didnā€™t even want. Yā€™all wonder why there are so many babies murdered by their own mothersā€¦ let her choose. Get her on some birth controlā€¦ and donā€™t let it happen again.

1 Like

Itā€™s her body, so it should be her decision. The reality is, the mother dropped the ball and didnā€™t prepare her daughter for real life situations.

I wouldnā€™t it could mentally kill her.

I was pregnant at the age of 16. I was told by my own family to abort my child and by my exā€™s family to keep the baby. At the end of the day it was my choice. Just as it is Hers. But I will say this. Things were not easy but they were so worth it. If she wants to abort then make sure she has whatever. She would need for it. Itā€™s her body. Nobodyā€™s opinion matters but Hers alone

1 Like

Her body, her choice

2 Likes

Daughter needs to be supported in what she feels in the best decision for her.

4 Likes

your body your choice. plain and simple.

1 Like

Her body, her choice. Now, can she afford said abortion?

1 Like

She must remember, if she aborted a baby she would wonder all her life about that child. Adoption my be the best answer. Some poo poo the fact that the Bible tells us that God knew us before we were. That baby already is what itā€™s going to be and so that is murder. Adoption is a beautiful thingā€”she will allow a couple who can not have a baby become parents.

She is not an adult and she shouldnā€™t be making this decision. She chose to be sexually active and Iā€™m sure knew the consequences. I say mom needs to make the choice for her and then there needs to be a very detailed discussion on whether or not she gives it up for adoption.

1 Like

What does your nieces boyfriend have to say? I think he should be able to voice his opinion as well.

Her body, her choice.

2 Likes

Ultimately itā€™s up the niece. Sheā€™s the one that has to deal with the emotions surrounding either option. Her mother needs to just be there for support, in whatever she decides.

1 Like

I was 16 when I got pregnant with my daughter. I ended up keeping her. But I was so scared and the thing that was most comforting to me was knowing that no matter what I chose I had someone there to support me. Her mother shouldnā€™t be making these decisions for her but standing by her and reminding her that no matter what choice she makes she is loved and supported.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s her choice

I had two abortions back in high school and I think they were both the best decision for me now being 24 with a two-year-old I realize that it was the best decision for me yes Iā€™m sad that I had to do that to myself but the man was not going to stay in those kids lives and I wouldnā€™t of been able to get myself where I am if I had two kids. You guys trying to control whether she has the baby or not itā€™s just like these governors trying to decide if abortion is legal or not I think you should let her make that decision for herself she doesnā€™t want to ruin her life

3 Likes

Although it is her choice, I strongly feel abortion is not the way to go. Their are hundreds of couples that are looking to adopt a baby. Some of those adoption parents could even let her visit and be a Active person in the babies life. If not, even though she is young, she could do raise the child and be the best mom ever. It could be the best decision of her entire life.

1 Like

Adoption has blessed our life, completed a family for my son, if she could consider that?

1 Like

Being a teen mom myself I can definitely see both sides of it. How as a mother she would feel she should have some say in it because your niece is still a child, and how your niece would feel like itā€™s solely her decision because itā€™s her life/future/body. At the end of the day Iā€™d have to side with your niece. The best suggestion I have for your sister would to be as supportive as possible. As a parent itā€™s our job to love and support our children. Forcing her against her will to keep her child could cause so much resentment, not only towards her but towards the baby as well.

Only she can make that choice. Maybe have her speak to a professional. Just so she really knows, I mean she may regret it, or maybe she wonā€™t. Just to clear off the "what ifs " myself I was 15 when I had my son. I had lots of support, my doctor and the school I attended were great with talking to me.

Personally Iā€™d make sure she knew all her optionsā€¦

I was six weeks pregnant at high school graduation. My mother did everything she could to force/bribe/coerce me into an abortion. She went on a European vacation but before she left she tolda coworker to pay for it and she would pay her back when she was back from her trip. The coworker told me about the conversation.
I found out about my daughter the same week i found out i was accepted to my dream college. I have never once regretted my choice to have her. I never went to college but i am the primary support of five people now (including my elderly father).

I think 15 is quite young. I think at 15 she needs to at least have a conversation maybe about open adoption.
No reputable doctor will abort if she doesnā€™t want to no matter what her mother wants.k. if hermother doesnā€™t want to be responsible or deal with crying at midnight the 15year old needs to get a plan together completely removed from her mother, movein with the father, movein with her father, etc. Something or this will be a bad situation fast

Too young for abortion, but old enough to be a mother which is a life long commitment? :thinking:

3 Likes

Very few women regret having abortions. The whole guilt trip thing is anti-choice propaganda. I hope her mom letā€™s her determine her own future.

3 Likes

Itā€™s totally up to your niece. Her mum canā€™t force her to keep it. Or keep it for mum to raise, or adopt . Itā€™s not fair on your niece. They would have to carry the child and if theyā€™re already made up their mind no one should be guilted into keeping a baby to please parents. They will only resent the child and mother. Pregnancy is one of the biggest things to go through, not that itā€™s impossible but itā€™s her choice and no one elseā€™s.

2 Likes

If she is old enough to make a decision to have sex, she is old enough to make a choice. She has options. Maybe have her look into each option and decide what she wants to do for her

U play u pay! Abortion is MURDER in case no one told u! Give it up for adoption since aparantly she doesnā€™t want it.

They should talk to a pregnancy counselor and it should be between them not made public , your posting on this is violating her privacy

2 Likes

I had my daughter at 15, shes the best thing that could ever happened to me. It was not easy but I had a lot of support from my family and friends. When I found out I was pregnant I had a lot of mix emotions, but talking to someone that Wont judge her will definitely help her make the best decision. Praying your niece!:pray:t4:

4 Likes

It up to the neiceā€¦her body and she will learn to deal with the outcomeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m shocked at all of you who are ok with aborting a baby so easily. Itā€™s really not ā€œher body her choiceā€ sheā€™s 15 she canā€™t financially take care of a child 100% on her own, she canā€™t find her own place ā€¦. So it falls back on her parents to help her raise it and cope with the decision she makes with abortion. What happened to when a teenage boy gets a girl pregnant and the saying ā€œif he was responsible enough to have sex, heā€™s responsible enough to have this kidā€. Itā€™s the same thing for her! She made a grown up decision to have sex KNOWING the outcome and now she needs to accept the child Abortion isnā€™t birth control. I said what I said

2 Likes

She is a kid and itā€™s tough, I see both sides and honestly you as the aunt should step back and let mom and daughter work it out.

Iā€™m not for abortion itā€™s an agonizing Choice but if the choice is allowed it should be done no later than the first few months thereā€™s always adoption and she is a minor and in part the parent should be a part of the decision

I had a child at a young age and new what the heart ache of not being able to keep or terminate would be like nowadays a lot of youth dont

Itā€™s no oneā€™s choice but her own

5 Likes

Her body her choice but I would think adoption is a good choice.

2 Likes

I was 15 when I got Pregnant in 1977
I went through pure hell
I decided to have my son adopted through the Catholic Social Serviceā€¦ after 40 plus years I have finally seen him touched him hug himā€¦ itā€™s very emotional for me because I truly wanted to keep my son with me however I grew up in a very abusive household gave the father plenty of time to come forward but never heard from again due to my fatherā€¦ my son is very distant from me our communication sucks for a better lack of words I cry a lot about my decision even nowā€¦ please please do not abort your child allow someone to help you raise your babyā€¦ contact me anytime you want to talk or if she would like to talk
We now have in place open adoption ā€¦ sheā€™s young and scared trust me I knowā€¦

I love my son always very much and wanted nothing but a better life than myself

He is truly the beautiful man I knowā€¦ he is my first true love he stole my heart the day I found out I was pregnant

Give your self a chance to talk to a Neutral personā€¦ but what ever you decide to not abort your childā€¦!

Many hugs and prayers being said for you and your unborn child