Best time to take a trip?

I’m wanting to take a beach trip to either destin or pensecola florida in the beginning of October. Which is better in terms of price and things to do? There will be 3 adults and 1 toddler

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best time to take a trip? - Mamas Uncut

October is pretty chilly.

For October you probably need to go further south for a beach trip. It’s also within hurricane season. Consider Tampa or Venice (just south of Sarasota). The Gulf side beaches will have calmer water.

I would suggest Tampa or fort Myers area. I went to Sanibel island last October and the weather was still gorgeous but it’s quite expensive there.

As a Floridian. The weather is gonna be back and forth from cold to hot in October. The waters temperature is going start getting cold. Definitely not the best time, but that’s you’re choice. Those areas offer alot of different choices in things to do. I’m more familiar with Panama City, than the other two. But panama has amusement parks, water parks. Shopping centers. Ripley’s believe it or not museums.

in Oct Destin is still nice to enjoy the gulf and the temp is mild enough that you aren’t too hot and you won’t be engulfed by the summer crowds. They have a few fall festivals, the fishing rodeo, kids fall festival- Pensacola will be pretty much the same; fall festivals, farms, Palafox market, hiking and biking seems to be theme of Pensacola and don’t forget the Midway If you’ll be there after Oct 22nd you’ll get to enjoy the fair. 60+ rides, live music, exhibits. Spend a day googling the October events and make your choice based off what fits your family’s idea of fun.