Best trackers for kids?

So back story my girls have to go see their dad in the summer for 4 weeks I dont trust him not to keep them and the courts won’t do anything so I need a small tracker to keep a peace of mind and in case something happens I can give the cops an location? It will need to fit in the tounge of their shoes. In their bags .

READ MORE: https://www.miamiherald.com/product-reviews/article286074391.html

121 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best trackers for kids? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

Gizmo watch. They can contact you but you can also track them. Verizon has them

3 Likes

AirTags for sure. They are not too expensive. I’d get in to their shoes but then again if the other parent takes them shopping, they might not keep clothing…do they have cell phones? He could easily ditch those as well. ….idk. Scary.

2 Likes

Air tags. I have one in my sons jacket

Apple AirTag. Sew it into their shoe tongues!

4 Likes

I’d say AirTag but it will alert him on his phone there’s an AirTag

3 Likes

I’d say get them a phone and download life 360

2 Likes

I got my boys tracker watches and they can speak to you though it aswell about £20 of amazon

5 Likes

AirTags are great, but they will notify anyone around them that there is an AirTag nearby. So if he has an I phone he will know

1 Like

Never heard of the air tag but when we went to Disney world I got my son a gizmo watch through Verizon. You download an app and can see where he’s at at all times. You can call on it like a phone and it has kids games on it

7 Likes

I forgot about that part. Air tags automatically notify anyone within a certain range on iPhones. I just don’t know what I’d do, if I had a court order, I might be more comfortable letting my kids go but this is scary.

2 Likes

Life 360 on their phones. Make sure they have Gmail on cell phones. Turn ON location on Gmail and turn ON location history on Gmail. And get a small tiny device made for tracking car keys when you loss keys and put that on their bags as well. Watches have tracking devices on them as well.

5 Likes

Jiobit! I don’t have one but considering getting one for the same exact reason. They are small and slim and fit in the bottom of a shoe or what not.

I don’t know what state you live or your ex but in the I state I live in that is illegal so you may need to talk to a attorney

8 Likes

Can you get them a tablet nearer to them going and down load frav games etc. So they will want play with it and its not new new to them. And put some form of tracker on it?
When i left my ex he put a tracker on the mobile. Coz contract was in his name it was allowed. That way theres nothing letting their father any clue that nothings a miss. Kids love tablets. And it can be innocent way keep an eye where they are.

Could u go there but stay close by? Best bet if their old enough to get them a phone each. If not maybe those watches that can track x

Use the same leash as the dog uses, it’s hilarious and especially in Walmart.

4 Likes

Gizmo2 watch from Verizon has given me so much peace of mind. My son’s school lost him for 32 minutes and the sub teacher for his room just locked him out when he missed the bus. He’s in second grade. He can call and text me and I can get immediate gps coordinates on him

7 Likes

If they have a phone… track the phone.

If they have a phone life 360

2 Likes

How old are they? Be careful with air tags or tracking devices. If you have a serious safety concern to the point you feel you need to track them down or spy you need to speak with your attorney and the court. If the court isn’t seeing a safety issue id advise consulting further w your attorney before doing anything mentioned in this post.

5 Likes

I’d definitely talk to your attorney first because in some states that’s illegal.

5 Likes

I was trying to figure out how to keep track of my uncle who had dementia… I was told they make something you can put in their shoes. Check Amazon!!! Good luck :heart::heart::heart:

The onn brand at Walmart has trackers now like AirTags but a heck of a lot cheaper

1 Like

How old are they? Can they have a cell phone for times they aren’t with you only?? Life360 app is amazing and even tells you if the person is speeding while in the car.

Life 360. I’ve used it for years with my son

We got our daughter a watch threw Verizon. It lets her call the people I chose would be emergency contacts, or message and allows me to see where she is at all times. My daughter goes with family a lot during the summer and this helps me know where she is and if something happens, allows her to get ahold of me

3 Likes

Don’t do air tags because it will tell his phone that there is an air tag near him do a jiobit they use them for kids with autism a lot and it will notify you if they leave the house

3 Likes

I would track my own children regardless of state law. They are my children and it’s my job to keep them safe. Period. If they will have phones use Life 360. If they do really need to be in their shoes I would use a air tag.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read, you can track the child, you cannot track the ex. So placing the device on the child is acceptable, but placing it on the exe’s property is illegal.

2 Likes

If they have a phone download life360 and it tells you exactly where they are and how fast he drives

3 Likes

Get a kids fitness and tracker watch. You can tell your children that it’s just a watch to keep track of their healthy habits but for you it’s to track them :grin:

2 Likes

Give them each a phone with life 360 on it and yours . Hide the app inside another app . It’s perfectly legal . My entire family has it and we are all grown . Just as safety precaution. Have a mother and Aunt in there 90’s still driving and a teenage granddaughter.

Apple AirTag!!! But if you don’t feel like they’re going to be safe and you have to ask a question like this, I wouldn’t send them. They’d have to take me to jail before I’d go against my instincts as a mother. I’m a mama bear and don’t gaf when it comes to my girls. I’ve never went against my intuition/“gut feeling”

My last paycheck was $19235 working 20 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://incomejobz3.netlify.app/

1 Like

Tile will keep track of location. There is also things that are used for children with autism that will track the kids.

3 Likes

Life360 if the have phones. My family uses the app and we LOVE it.
If not I would try an AirTag in the shoe

2 Likes

TikTalk 4 watch!

But beware of the features. There’s a “listen in” feature you’ll want to know about. Otherwise it’s a great watch for our 5 year old. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They have these new little watches they were like $26 or so and they have the ability to do that plus they can call you on them and everything too but beyond that an Apple Air tag and I think there’s cheaper ones on Amazon too also make sure your child knows your number and how to contact you

1 Like

Go on Amazon, my niece had to get one of these for her son because the school bus kept dropping him off in the wrong place, he’s only five. Now they know where he’s at all the time

9 Likes

Your the problem give the guy a break does he not love and care for his children?

13 Likes

Yikes. Or talk to your attorney and a judge instead of being like this. That isnt healthy.

6 Likes

I don’t know of any trackers, but I wouldn’t suggest putting it in their shoes or bags. What if they don’t wear the same shoes all 4 weeks or don’t have their bags on them constantly? I would suggest checking into like watches, bracelets, necklaces, something like that. I know they make them, I’m just not sure of any certain brand.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve see air tags used! Rip the seam and sew it back on the tongue or pull up the sole and cut a little pocket for it

There is an app I use called find my kid that has location within 5 meters, shows you exactly where they have been the entire time they’re there, and also has the listen in app on it. As well it has the emergency button that they can push if there is trouble and with an alarm, you are alerted along with text between whoever is added to the app. :blush:

1 Like

Air tags or life 360 if they have phones

Just remember the father could Asi do the same when kids are with you.

2 Likes

Great idea. However I had this exact situation happen to me multiple times with a court order in place for custody and the cops would not go get my child back. Id have a lawyer on speed dial… Just in case.

1 Like

They have a “gizmo” available at Verizon and T-mobile too, it’s like a phone but for small children it comes as a watch …… they can call you any time and you have their location.

If there is a visitation court order in any state between u n the father he legally can’t keep the kids from u.also if no visitation through courts u rightfully don’t have to send to father
If u feel any thing crazy.

1 Like

Don’t air tags have a range on them, like certain distance then they dont work… Not sure though!

I use TickTalk watch for my daughter, she’s about to be 7!

1 Like

Life 360 if they have phones. Smartwatches that they can wear ALL the time

2 Likes

Just an fyi if you use the air tag and he has a iPhone it will alert him that an air tag is near him.

2 Likes

I don’t know how old they are but I got my daughter the synch up kids smartwatch they can call / text contacts you put in there you can geofence and see live location

1 Like

Do you girls also have phones of old enough . Maybe a cheap phone just to call you if they need too x

1 Like

Depends on there age! But wow. Love how you had relations with a man , kids with a mAn that you clearly have no faith to keep his OWN CHILDREN SAFE. But must be about control not about being safe

10 Likes

Great way to lose custody.

7 Likes

Samsung smart things?

Apple Airtag you can use in their bag or sew it in the tongue if their shoe your tracking them not him so it’s not illegal

2 Likes

Perfect way for her to lose custody. Just by the way this is written it seems like she’s determined to bring him down at all cost “because the courts won’t do anything”

3 Likes

If you give a phone that you ca.n track that can be a technicality… and u can say you wanted them to have a phone

3 Likes

You’re using it to track your kid and the dad. Be prepared to lose custody. Also air tags are not safe. Anyone with an iPhone can track it and someone could take the child

4 Likes

Make sure you habe only your num saved so he can’t say you habe bad intentions etc … cover your ass

I habe a co worker who’s kids go to TX for a bit . She gives them a phone and stays in a nearby hotel. It is not illegal to track your kids if you do it with caution …and let them know how to charge it etc give it to em before dad’s house so he can’t accuse u of anything or any bs. Bbe smart about it.

3 Likes

I’d they have phone go on Google maps tap on the little bubble with the letter in it hit location sharing and than hit share with you. Tap on new share than select your contact than tap on share till I turn off it is the safest way and you don’t pay a dime for it. It is completely free and won’t alert anyone that they are sharing location also if you are worried if something will happen if they have phones go into settings and hit send sos message and if they are in trouble tell them to hit the side button three times repeatedly and it will send you 2 pics one of front view one of back view of camera and two 5 second voice clip and you will hear what is going on

5 Likes

If you have sole custody you can keep them from going :woman_shrugging:

I share my location with my husband at all times because of my health issues

I’m not at all experienced in these matters, but it seems to me that if there was valid reasoning for not trusting him with keeping his children safe, you could present that information to the courts. If it’s a valid concern, the court would require supervised visitation.

They are his children, as well as yours, so you are going to have to trust him. No, he’s probably not going to keep the same routine as you do with them, but he’s their dad and you need to allow him to be their dad.

For all the dead beat dad’s in this world who show no matter interest in spending time with their kids, you should be happy that he wants to spend time with them & be a part of their lives.

At some point, you trusted him or you wouldn’t have been with him & created a family together.

9 Likes

For all the people judging this mother:
There is NOT enough information given to know WHY she wants to or WHY she does not TRUST him.
It could be about control.
Or
It could be that he waited until AFTER the kids were born to show his true colors and he became abusive.
In a lot of courts, psychological abuse is only taken seriously if someone goes off the deep in and verbal abuse is only taken seriously IF it is recorded, no matter HOW many people testify. And there are still courtrooms who only recognize rape/ sexual abuses if it pretty much lands a person in the hospital and do NOT recognize coercion, taking advantage of someone being drunk/high, etc or in some cases even still do the whole ‘you led them on/ dressed provocatively/etc, so you were asking for it/ must have wanted it’ bs and not take those concerns seriously or say ‘yeah that happened to YOU, but it does not mean he WILL do it to his own child or children.’
Some people go so far during custody battles as to tell their ex that they WILL take the kids and leave the county/ state or province/ country and then claim they did NOT say that and the courts either claim heresay or they side with the one being accused of it.
Now, as for tracking, my concern with the AppleTags is that they may not attract attention for things like bags (which may not even be with them) or keys, but if you put them on the shoelaces, they will and if you put them on the inside of shoes, they are just bulky enough that kids might not be able to be comfortable.
And with phones, the other parent could instill a no phones for minors rule in their home and confiscate them for the duration of their stay or can look into how to turn locations on and off.
I would actually recommend looking into GPS tracking stickers.
They are small, thin, and would not stand out if put into things like shoes and would not be likely to irritate the kids feet or bodies and some of them actually look decorative and cute and might actually be able to be put on the outside of items and not completely stand out.

Life 360 for his cell phone.

Ask the cops what to use

Following because I will have to go through this at some point too.

There are bracelets for kids to help track as well. Can’t think of what they are called but I’m sure you could Google it and have a little better Intel on them.

1 Like

Don’t put your kids in the middle by putting devices in their shoes so you can keep track of where their father takes them. It would be different if you’re at an amusement park or something and you want to do something like that in case they were to get lost from you. Do your kids enjoy their time with their father? If so, then leave it alone.

1 Like

There’s an app called life 360. If they have any sort of mobile device, even an iPad, you can download that app and have their set location everywhere they go

3 Likes

Get them a phone, and have family link on. Family link tracks location of the phone, and you can add restrictions to the phone if needed. This way your kids can also text/call you🙂

4 Likes

We use Life360 for all of our kids

3 Likes

Apple air tags if you have an iPhone and your kids don’t. My oldest girls (13 and 11) have iPhones so I have their locations and my sons (9 and 6) have iPads and I have their locations.

2 Likes

My son has a gizmo 2 watch. It has GPS on it. Was 100 for watch and service is 5.00 a month. He can call up to 10 assigned people in it too. Just don’t tell them it’s GPS. Does real time liason with address… its amazing

4 Likes

Get them gizmo watches… It’s a phone with 10 preset numbers and it has GPS! Its $5 month through Verizon! Both my girls have them. And there is a mode where you can call silently and listen for 1 min. Its a cheap monthly option and you can still talk to your kids anytime you or THEY want to talk!

5 Likes

metro has a Timex kids watch that has GPS.

I just looked they have tiny paw print chips people put on their dogs collar that connect with bluetooth

1 Like

I just got gizmo watches for my kids it’s on my phone plan an extra $10 each for service plan and a payment plan of $2.99 for the devices. It can call text and track

is there a custody agreement in place?

My old friend didn’t have one because she dIdNt NeEd OnE
She sent her boys to their dads for the weekend and he refused to give them back. Because there was no custody agreement she couldn’t do anything.
She went months without her kids until she took him to court. When he got notice he tried to flee. He went literally crazy and the cops got involved. He told them that their mom was dead & the cops actually were able to track her down. She picked up her boys and didn’t let him near them. He got supervised rights so she sat nearby to make sure he didn’t pull any shit.

If there’s no agreement. Be careful. The cops won’t do anything unless he’s an actual threat to the kids, otherwise its called parenting.

They make these rubber bracelets that have cool sayings on them that have trackers in them. I’ve thought about getting them for my kids

gabb wireless watches or phones. no social media

What are you so concerned about that you have to track your own kids and make sure their dad is with them?

2 Likes

My mate has a apple tag on his daughters suitcase that he could track in case it got lost when she went on a school trip , im sure you can get something similar cheaper

2 Likes

Gabb Wirless is awesome! It has small keychain trackers. They also have watch phones, where you program in numbers they can call or call them. It has a tracker that updates every 15 minutes. It has an SOS button that alerts you when they hit the SOS.

4 Likes

It’s illegal for you to track them inside of his home.

3 Likes

do they have phones? location, there is also tiles, air tag. amazon has options for keychains jewelry

2 Likes

I’ve heard of parents sticking a find me tracker inside the sole of the shoes.

5 Likes

AirTags they are cheap at Walmart they are small and can definitely fit in their shoes like the sole of their shoes. Or you could even sew them into their shoes I did it with my babies

7 Likes

U shud put in jewelry he may change shoes

3 Likes

Teach them how to call u
Or say if u can’t get home to mommy call 911
Teach them ur addres
& if possible teach ur phone number

8 Likes

Do whatever needs to be done. If you can’t trust. Give yourself a piece of mind.

1 Like

Ummmm not sure whats legal or not as far as trackers go but I wish you the best of luck and hope they get returned to you and why don’t you trust him

2 Likes

The only thing I can think of is a tablet that has location turned on and shared with u put in their backpack that they take and has games etc that they play so it’s not suspicious

2 Likes