Best wax melts for sensitive kids?

What are the best wax melts to use when you have kids sensitive to smells? iw ant my house to smell good but dont want them to bother my babies tummy/ give her a headache

11 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Best wax melts for sensitive kids? - Mamas Uncut

Don’t use scentsy. Omg. If anything try to find a smaller company that uses a soy wax. Scentsy uses a paraffin wax that can cause more harm than good.

4 Likes

Smell wise I can only use vanilla or a eucalyptus one. I get very bad migraines from smells and those smells don’t bother me. I normally buy the better homes and garden ones from Walmart.

Maybe instead of wax melts you can do a simmer pot with herbs and spices in it instead. Less toxic by far.

1 Like

I make Freshies. I use duck farts or clean cotton for those customers like that. Mine are home made.

Pink zebra sprinkles ! 

1 Like

Get something Peppermint, even inhaling it can help ease a tummy ache or a head ache.

I use downy brand I have migraines a lot and it’s the only one that doesn’t trigger me

Scentsy! Mollie Mueller Mollie Ann Mueller :heart:

1 Like

My oldest daughter since she was a baby can’t be around anything that has amber , musks or just a stronger smell because it gives her migraines. So Spring/summer I do lighter florals, coconut/Hawaiian and citrus, fall apple and pumpkin then winter I do more of a baked goods smell like apple pie, gingerbread and cinnamon

Scentsy! I am a consultant and more than happy to answer wet questions u may have. Xx

1 Like

Try an essential Oil diffuser

3 Likes

Peppermint or eucalyptus

Most are synthetic fragrance and not good for anyone! (Pthalates and more) maybe try at a natural foods market?

You have to test them out. Some give me a ginormous headache but I get mine from Walmart.

I order from BB’s Bubbles VIP she uses amazing products for everything, even makes soaps & bubbles safe for kids with sensitive skin. She’s awesome!

Maybe smells they’re already used to like the laundry ones xx

Scentsy. Hands down.

1 Like

Well it’s gonna be a lot of trial and error. What sets us off isn’t necessarily going to bother your child. And some scents are ok for an hour but any longer and I’m done for at least a day. I typically can’t do floral scents but I can wear a specific floral perfume. Peppermint is iffy spending on what they’ve used in it, nothing lavender ever, if we stick to food scents, cinnamon or like a spice/manlier based scent it doesn’t trigger. And you should watch out for anything with essential oils and know safety and rules on their uses since many waxes use them. They also affect our pets so make sure they can escape the scents.

Also watch out for super scented trash bags, stop using scent boosters in the laundry, etc. and she could be allergic to something used in scents that is making her feel bad.

My boys are sensitive also, but seem to do well with a simmer pot on the stove. We usually use lemons, oranges, sometimes cinnamon and clove. Plain beeswax candles are also nice and subtle.

1 Like

All types of wax melts and candles give me a headache after about 30 or 40 min or them being melted. I haven’t found any from anywhere that don’t.

1 Like

All these ppl trying to sell you there MLM , Ridiculous :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Both me and my boys are sensitive/allergic to smell, I find lighter scented wax melts, or I cut my wax melts with scent less wax melts so it’s a lighter scent. Simmer pots are also a good go to! Washing your walls with a scented cleaner can give some good smells! I’ve also used cinnamon or dryer sheets in the airvents. Cinnamon keeps pests out and gives the house a warm smell!

1 Like

You don’t. Candles and wax melts have so much chemicals which is why it gives kids headaches. Try oil diffuser or you can boil over the stove on a simmer with your choice of scent. We use orange and cinnamon because it smells like summer lol

3 Likes

Get a diffuser and quality essential oils!

2 Likes

I can only use essential oil’s in a diffuser or organic scents . Sometimes the propellants in sprays and other chemicals in scented products are the culprits . Plus I started looking into all of them and omg they’re toxic :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Most have fragrance which can be toxic to kids and pets. I recommend good quality essential oils with no fragrance!!!

2 Likes

I use a off-brand scentsy warmer, add a tiny bit of water and use the Gain scent beads. They melt beautifully, last a long time and my house smells like spring cleaning & fresh laundry. Plus the container is huge and you only need about a tablespoon of beads for it to work.

2 Likes

Scentsy I sell it I use light smells for my babies

1 Like

All the MLM shilling :woozy_face::face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Or maybe boil some citrus like oranges and lemons to freshen up the area.

1 Like

When my son was little, we couldn’t use anything of that nature. Candles gave him an asthma attack. Burners just made it hard for him to breathe. I couldn’t even wear body spray or perfume

2 Likes

Darceys Holly Saunders sells them

1 Like

Darceys are soy wax vegan not tested on animals meaning there’s absolutely no rubbish in them safe for asthmatics ect any more information welcome to message me x

2 Likes

You shouldn’t use fragrance in the home if it makes anyone sickly.
MAYBE essential oils would be better, but not always.
I have a fragrance sensitivity. and it’s horrible to feel that something other people like and enjoy are what makes me miserable. One of my children is sensitive to scent as well.
A clean home will smell nice even without fragrance and chemicals in the air

1 Like

I get paid over $ 126 per hour w0rking from home. I never th0ught l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21699 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re lnf0… https://Works145.netlify.app

Open a window. sounds like MLM but OK

1 Like

My dad can handle cinnamon, lilacs,rose the natural scents he is one that has the same allergies

Soy and REAL oils in it. Or boil vanilla or cinnamon etc.

I want to use this great time to thank Dr Sam for what he has done for me and for helping me to get my ex back with his love spell at first I thought it’s not going to work until I have faith in it and it tells me that it’s guarantee and truly I have seen my lover is back to me and we are living happily and we got a good job thanks to Dr Sam you can contact him on WhatsApp +2348054458279 or email him [email protected]

Essential oils you can monitor the strength of the scent by how many drops you use. I know you said wax melts but I figured it may be a good suggestion.

Pink zebra sprinkles