Can 4-month-olds go in a hot tub?

Lmao what the fuck no

I mean…would anyone actually answer yes to this question?! :joy::roll_eyes: This can’t be real!

2 Likes

This can’t be a real question?

1 Like

Wait all of you saying no, Do you own a hot tub? Did you know you can have the temp set to body temp? I own one and my kids love it! Even when they were babies!!! But of course I would not have it set at a high temp!
If she is staying at an Airbnb she would be able to change the temp. Hotels you can not.

6 Likes

Don’t put a baby in a hot tub at no time

2 Likes

You’re really asking this question…really :flushed: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! 😵‍💫:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Wtf please tell me you aren’t seriously considering doing that???

No ma’am. And, I am sorry your getting all these mean comments. You don’t know everything when being a mom for the 1st time. Remember, asking questions is what helps mothers.

8 Likes

Ummm no…alarming this is a question.

2 Likes

common sense? wtf happened too it ?

4 Likes

I don’t think this question is legit. But, if it is…I hope she is asking before ever considers having a child.

1 Like

Some of you literally have no reason to be such rude a****!! Smh she could be a first time mama and is just learning.

So sorry so many people are being awful and rude. No question is q stupid question. I applaud you for asking something you didn’t know the answer to. Keep your chin up girlie.

4 months is too young for sure…I’m assuming you’re a new momma…sorry there’s people on here bashing you for asking a question you were unsure of. Not everyone has the guidance they need as a new mom.

8 Likes

No it’s not. I did my own research before going on vacation and they should be atleast 1 yr old. It actually says it on the “rules” for the hot tub. But it’s because of bacteria. If it was your hot tub it would be fine.

1 Like

Hot tubs at hotels will have age limits posted to alert parents.

We’ve only ever dipped their feet in but not if they are submerged

You know what go for it.

Even without considering how hot the water is, I would t want a 4 month old exposed to all the chemicals in the water. They have such delicate skin!

1 Like

No, from what I’ve read, it’s a hard no. 1. Young children have a hard time regulating body temperature. 2. Diapers. Yes I know swim diapers exist but infant poop is not solid and I just think that would be well…gross. 3. Drowning and suctions. Just not safe.
It’s recommended that only older children use the hot tubs. (like over 6) for 15 minutes or less.

Or ask your Dr that question

No for many reasons. You raise babies internal temperature. Risk of infections and of drowning.

Is this a real question??? It says on the hottub no children under 12

2 Likes

I personally would Not

The temperature of s hot tub even the slight second could burn sensitive baby skin. 4 months is to young hun.

Would you put your kid in a HOT bath ?
This is a BIG no.

We took r infant in a hot tub he was 3 months but we held him up so only his feet touch a little bit. We never let him fully be in water.

3 Likes

Seriously? No hot tubs are not safe for young kids period let alone a 4 month old

Absolutely not, babies can’t regulate their temp and are very sensitive

Obviously fucking not

Absolutely not. Nope.

NO !! Hot tubs are breeding ground of bacteria !!! And are too hot and will over heat the baby almost instantly !!! Do Not , I repeat DO JOT PUT THE BABY IN IT !!! Let it sit in a punkin seat out side of the tub and watch. PLEASE !!!

1 Like

Bring a sit me up chair or something to safely put your baby in. That way your baby can sit next to you, outside the hot tub, so you can relax in the hot tub.

1 Like

Yal rude as fuck!!! Maybe she ain’t got nobody to guide her. I’m glad she asked the damn question!!! It shows she cares and doesn’t know!!! I hate you judgmental moms!!!

We’re being punked right???

Toss him/her a beer while u at it…
Not all posts should be allowed to be anonymous

3 Likes

That’s a nope. Raising an infants temperature that quickly and to that degree can cause seizures.

Despite what some of these “#1 mom of the year” people say, this is a legit question for a new mom.

If you are every questioning something like this ask your pediatrician :heart: they will give you helpful information without belittling you.

Have fun on your vacation.

3 Likes

Woah…absolutely not!

Not even for one second. No.

OMG they are full of bacteria. Why put a baby in a hot tub :woman_facepalming:t2:

Babies that young can’t regulate their temperature well. So no.

Absolutely not. What kind of question is this? Babies this young definitely cannot regulate their own temperature and a hot tub would severely raise their temperature causing them to get very sick

I swear :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: gotta be kidding me

4 Likes

What in the world that’s a silly question everyone should know that answer which is absolutely not!!

No. Babies don’t have a way to cool off after being heated up like we do. NO.NO.NO.

No, babies aren’t supposed to go in hot tubs.

Please don’t have any more children.

15 Likes

The seriously can’t be a real question :woman_facepalming:

Are people really this stupiddddd?!

For those people being super rude to this woman, shame on you!!! She’s merely asking a question! Jesus. Regardless if she’s asking an obvious question or not. Don’t be fucking rude.

A child does not have the same fatty insulation to protect their internal organs as an adult would have. The younger the child, the more dangerous it becomes. Please do not place your infant in a hot tub even for 1 second.

1 Like

I bet you have a half porch too.

3 Likes

I let my son splash in it when he was younger than that but it wasn’t long at all and only his hands or feet for. A few minutes.

Maybe she’s a first time mom and had no clue. Some of y’all are just flat out rude asf.

No.
Please don’t cook your baby…
:laughing:

1 Like

Do not put that baby in a hot tub

I swear some of the questions that get asked on this page! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Many of your accounts should be suspended for hate speech. My mom had me in a hot tub before. Many mothers do.

2 Likes

It is sickening all the judgmental picture perfect parents on this thread. Do better

2 Likes

What in the what is wrong with people in this group? The questions are unbelievable. SMH

Only if the temp of the tub is between 90 and 95.

1 Like

I dont recommend it…it can be very hot

Can my newborn sit up front if we’re just going down the street??

Sorry, just had to add to the stupidity :joy:

5 Likes

Actually baby can as long as you lower the temp to what you would do for their bath . So probably 101

3 Likes

I’m going to with no

No. No no no. Just no.

1 Like

So many rude people on here , wow , she ask the question because she’s a new momma, no reason to be rude or judgemental , she’s the smart one for asking yall are the ones with half a brain to be so rude and judgemental , I’ll surely be praying for you all, no I wouldn’t risk it .

Only if the temp is under 100 degrees momma. Hot tubs can get very hot and some temperatures are unsafe for baby. Good luck and have an amazing vacation.

1 Like

Are you seriously asking this no absolutely not I have never saw this before but maybe you need to take some parenting classes

2 Likes

Some people shouldn’t have kids.

3 Likes

If the temp is low like a warm bath then yes. Some people even cool them to be the temp of pools etc. If you can’t control the heat/lower it right down then personally I would not.

Is this a for real question :flushed:
I mean idk depends on how deep fried you like your kid :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Ask your doctor…
DUH!!!

Infants and toddlers under two should not be permitted in a hot tub at all as babies’ thin skin makes them more susceptible to overheating.

4 Likes

This has to be satire.

1 Like

Most of You bitches are rude asf :unamused: it was just a question why yall gotta be so nasty ? I hope yall are really the perfect know it all mothers that yall act like on here smh . That is most definitely some stank coochie energy :roll_eyes:

My question isn’t why ppl troll with ridiculous questions like this… but why the group admins approve them

2 Likes

I’d personally say no. If you have a bouncer or something they could be next to you while your in.

Well no… use common sense

We were in a hot tub last weekend that was 104 and it was hot. I can only assume a baby would scream getting into it.

I feel like it’s safer to ask and be sure not all of us understand things or see things the same way, I would say don’t get your baby all the way in just the little feet and only four a couple of minutes at a time to let the baby go back to normal temp! High temperatures are dangerous and can dehydrate your baby as well

2 Likes

If it’s a private one and you can adjust the heat it would be ok for a few min. Two of my girls love the water in the bath as hot as the gates of hell and always have.

1 Like

I dont see why not if the water stays between 85 and 95 in my opinion,no diffrent than a heated pool or bath,but i would ask my pediatrician just to be on the safe side,dont listen to the haters,this is suppose to be a support group not a hate group!!!

3 Likes

I can’t believe some of the mean comments on here for asking a genuine question. Shame on you people! My Grandchildren go in the hot tub all the time. Even as infants they went in. Just not for a long time. Adults aren’t even supposed to be in for a long time, as it lowers blood pressure.

3 Likes

Babies and children shouldn’t go into a hot tub before the age of 5. There are a few reasons. There is the possibility of contracting viruses that are specific to hot tubs such as “hot tub foliculitis” that a baby cannot combat. Another reason is that a child under the age of 5 is unable to handle the temperature even if it’s lowered. Their bodies are not equipped to regulate their body temperature to remain at a safe homeostasis. I hope this information is helpful! :gift_heart:

7 Likes

Seriously? That’s common sense, um NO

2 Likes

Wanna burn the baby?

temperature aside, those things are a tub of bacteria… and wayyyyy to much chlorine to TRY to get rid of that bacteria… I wouldn’t put the baby in there with all those chemicals

2 Likes

Omggggg NOO ITS TOO HOT

I wouldn’t not judging at all just wouldn’t with my baby.

Its like boiling your baby. They can’t regulate their temperature and get out when it’s too hot.

1 Like

Took 2 seconds to google it, it seems like you may be looking for some random person to say it’s ok so you can say it’s ok

3 Likes

No I was told no pools either until 6 months because sometimes younger do not regulate their body temperatures

No question is a stupid question unless u don’t ask it

1 Like

You are such agood momma for asking instead of putting your baby in danger. But i would ask the pediatrion to be safe.

3 Likes

Omfg the rude comments I can’t even!!!

I wouldn’t have known as a first time mom… I would’ve asked JUST to be sure.
Sheesh.

I would ask her doctor. But my thoughts is the water would be to hot. Just ask her doctor.

3 Likes

No. We have a hot tub and just let our 3 year old in it this year with the temp turned to bath water warm. 4 month olds cannot regulate their body temp that well

2 Likes

🫣🫣🫣 Jesus google is free

4 Likes

No, babies can’t regulate temperature yet.