Can an employer make you take a pregnancy test?

Is it legal for an pre employer to test for pregnancy? My friend isnt confirmed pregnant but is late and shes scheduled for a urine drug test BEFORE she can go to the dr.

Just curious.

23 Likes

She should let them know… it’s only faie… She might need to do heavy lifting or strenuous things

1 Like

Is the employer testing for drugs or pregnancy? It’s normal for them to test for drugs.

5 Likes

I don’t think they will test her for anything other than drugs.

2 Likes

If they are only doing a drug test, then they arent looking for pregnancy and it wont show on a drug test

1 Like

No…they don’t test for pregnancy.

1 Like

Also, she’s not required to tell them she is pregnant.

1 Like

The employer is testing for drugs, not a pregnancy…

6 Likes

If she has to do heavy lifting or anything that can hurt her she would be a liability to the company if she gets hurt. Tell her to fess up and say something, theyll make sure she doesnt do nothing that’ll hurt her.

1 Like

It just tests for drugs, not HCG

2 Likes

It is illegal for an employer to even ask if she’s pregnant but they cannot fire her because of she’s pregnant or that she doesn’t tell them

4 Likes

Nope not legal to test for pregnancy

3 Likes

The drug test doesn’t measure the hormone that shows your pregnant :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:
I have to take a yearly test to drive the mini bus for my district and had right when I got pregnant (Jan) and wasn’t on the sheet and this month I redid it and it’s not on there and I’m due Thursday.

5 Likes

They won’t test for it and she absolutely does not have to tell them.

Contrary to what others have said, being pregnant doesn’t mean she can’t do things - that’s between her and her OB. If her doctor wants to restrict her activity he can write a letter for her and do so.

Lastly, the employer is not allowed to discriminate on the basis of pregnancy, however it would be pretty hard to prove. I personally wouldn’t say anything for that reason.

3 Likes

Drug tests and pregnancy test are totally different the testing that is done has nothing to do with pregnancy it tests for drugs that’s all she’ll be okay :wink:

3 Likes

They can test for drugs not if a person is pregnant. They will tell you what they are testing for.

2 Likes

No. Can test for drugs and nicotine usuage but not pregnancy

3 Likes

They are doing a drug test. They don’t test for pregnancy.

9 Likes

they don’t test for pregnancy when doing drug screens. Employers would have to pay extra for the test on top of that, and most don’t want to do so. You go for a drug screen, you sign your name to the paperwork, and they have to tell you what they are testing for.

1 Like

They don’t test for drugs in a urine test. Just select drugs

2 Likes

They can test you for drugs, not pregnancy

2 Likes

Drug tests and pregnancy tests are not the same thing.

2 Likes

A urine drug test is not a pregnancy test. A lot of employers do a drug test during the hiring process.

2 Likes

I love the cluelessness of this post lol

7 Likes

Fuckin idiots out there I swear

Why isn’t she just taking a damn test they have ones that show your pregnant very early and if she is she should just be F’in honest and let them know upfront. She’s an idiot if she would work a job that would jeopardize her health or her baby as it progresses along. Ppl kill me

I ain’t never heard of such!

Usually they extend an offer of employment before the drug test, they are allowed to rescind based on a failed drug test but have to disclose which one. If they rescind the offer based on pregnancy that is discrimination.

2 Likes

A drug test doesn’t pick up pregnancy.

1 Like

It doesnt matter if they test for it or not- Its a federal law for them to discrinate against her for being pregnant and if they do she can sue them.

3 Likes

No and they aren’t allowed to ask either. And she doesn’t have to tell them before she has the job. The drug screen will only test for drugs.

2 Likes

Drug tests is legal but a pregnancy test before getting a job is not.

1 Like

Um no. They can test for drug use and that’s it

1 Like

They aren’t testing for pregnancy then sweetie its only a drug test and they can’t test for it its your right to tell them if you are or not

5 Likes

a drug test & a pregnancy test are two different things… hence DRUG test and PREGNANCY test… :woman_facepalming:t2:

8 Likes

She does not have to tell them she’s pregnant! But they won’t test for hcg on a normal day, they would have to pay for a much more in depth panel, and no1 does that. So she’s good. It’s illegal to not hire someone because they are pregnant but it happens everyday. I’ve never told a job I was pregnant until around my 5th month. It’s rlly none of their business

2 Likes

You guys can be such serous ass holes, not every1 has the answers to everything like yall :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Um no. An employer cant test you for pregnancy. They can drug test you but that’s it

1 Like

No… They don’t test for pregnancy

2 Likes

It’s a drug test. Not a pregnancy test.

4 Likes

No pregnancy testing allowed

Thats,a violation of your rights!!! NO!!!

Drugs, not pregnancy.

No pregnancy tests are allowed. They are not even supposed to ask you about your home life