Can breastmilk clear baby acne?

My MIL and I were talking about breast milk and how it’s good for babies and such.

Well my newborn daughter has baby acne and I looked up if breast milk was good for it since you really cant use only otc products on a newborn. Then something got me thinking about the benefits of breast milk.

I looked online at a few medical and scientific articles on breast milk and read that there was a substance formed by molecules found in breast milk called HAMLET (human alpha-lactalbumin made lethal to tumour cells; I paid way too much attention in health physiology and biology class in high school and always looked up medical terms and what are causes and treatments to certain diseases and cancer.) It says that there was a swedish professor that has been looking into breast milk’s cancer killing abilities. Her research focuses on human alpha-lactalbumin made lethal to tumour cells with the ability to kill cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone. Human trials had some promising results. Bladder cancer patients shed dead cancer cells through their urine when given HAMLET.

The article was published in 2017 and another in 2010. So I guess what I want to know is how do you mommas feel about this and should doctors look into this and do more test to see what else breast milk can help with other than giving newborn babies the nutrients they need to grow and develop?

14 Likes

Its a mom fact passed around that breastmilk helps with everything. Acne, etc. Even teething. Freeze breastmilk into little pops for them to use when teething. :relaxed:

1 Like

I used some pumped milk for my 4 month old on my 2 years old butt when he started getting a little red. Cleared it right up :woman_shrugging:

Breast milk can be used for anything it has your antibodies in it for the baby… I’ve personally used other than feeding for eczema, diaper rash, and a clogged tear duct all helped

1 Like

There is a lower risk of breast cancer in women who have breast fed so I believe it.

2 Likes

Yes it could be golden milk , and it might even vary from region to region on what it can heal based on location factors. Should be top on the list for research.

1 Like

Milk baths are the best! Never dump mommy milk! It heals cuts also.

There’s a reason why they call it liquid gold. I breastfeed my two month old and I give him milk and oatmeal baths for his eczema. It helps a lot. I also use it as diaper rash cream with my 3 year old.

You can also use your milk to make soap for your family, even use expired milk.

Breastmilk is infinitely more important than we even realize. Never ever pass up the chance to put it to good use

This is why I never want to dry up.
I definitely believe they should just dump money into the research of this, It would be great if we’ve been making the cure to cancer all along!

1 Like

We are waaaaaaay under educated on the benefits of breastmilk. As with everything, if there’s not a big company spending millions of dollars in advertising money, we have no clue about it. There is no “breastmilk company” doing that, but there are plenty of formula companies doing it, so that’s what we as people know about.

I ff my first 2 who are now teens. I’m still breastfeeding my 18 month old. I wish I had the information and support with my first 2 that I did with this little one. It’s a whole different world than I thought it was!

Anyway, I read an article probably 6 months ago about a woman who was breastfeeding, found out she had cancer, started chemo so she had to stop feeding her baby the breastmilk, but she decided to drink it herself. I don’t recall the results, but I think that was along the same lines as what you are thinking :+1::blush: