Can I get in trouble for moving out of state?

If you have full custody and he has no rights at all then you can do whatever you want

4 Likes

Are you still married or have signed anything that says you can’t leave?

If you have 100% full legal and physical custody and the father has no rights then yes

2 Likes

Ask a lawyer not Facebook :unamused:

6 Likes

Coming to Facebook for legal advice :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I would ask a attorney instead of fb to just make sure all the bases are covered……

No, not if you have full custody, or if there is nothing filed with the courts. But, if he gets out and you havent been moved for six months, he could file with courts there. Make big trouble. If you move and have been moved longer then six months, then he would have to file where ever you live. A child would still be considered a resident of your old state. I learned my lesson with that the hard way. Your best bet is to file where you live now, have him served while in jail and file a motion to move. Just to have a paper trail, just in case he tries to say you took the child without his knowledge or say.
Probably should consult an attorney. Good luck mama.

2 Likes

Go ask a lawyer. You’re probably fine.

Move girl start over enjoy life

Notify the gourt with forwarding address and wait 30 days.

No you won’t get in trouble move where ever you want​:black_heart::black_heart:

You will not get into trouble 😵‍💫!

Not if you have full custody and there’s no paper saying you can’t, go for it

1 Like

In Michigan you would still have to petition the court to be able to move unless he had his rights taken away.

No if you have sole custody with no visitation you can go where you want.

Enjoy your new life he can’t stop you and neither can anyone else. You have full custody unless he takes you to court to stop you and he has to have good reason. But you have custody so live your live. I did with my kids and he wasn’t in jail. I got full custody and moved when I wanted to just told him about it first but it’s your choice now not his. Enjoy life

It would behoove you to talk to an attorney. My ex had no visitation and was incarcerated and I still had to get permission from the courts, that is ultimately who you are asking permission from.

1 Like

No. You should move probably.

No. I moved from Indiana to Michigan and my ex husband as mad and tried to fight it but he couldn’t do anything

Ask the court not fb

1 Like

Each state is different. You may have full legal custody, but you are suppose to give the other parent notification 90 days before moving. But out of respect the other parent should know where their child is living. Even if he is a POS. (Not saying he is)

Unless it states you can’t in the order, you can.
To be safe, speak with the magistrate. Have your court order with you.
Verify you can leave. Keep the name, date and time for your records. Also, check with your lawyer.

If you live in another state 6 months before the other parent applies for anything through the court such as custody or to have you bring the child(ren) back you technically live in that state and another state cannot demand you bring the kids back. So say if you leave fla for GA and the other parent don’t file through fla within 6 months fla cannot tell you you have to bring the kids back. They will have to go through GA courts after that.

ask the court. get your easy answer that way.