Can I give birth vaginally with an HSV2 outbreak?

Your doc can prescribe valtrex.

1 Like

Talk to your OB… he can prescribe something that will help get rid of it.

1 Like

I had an emergency C-section due to preeclampsia and high blood pressure. It wasn’t ideal and it takes time to recover but it saved my baby and I.

5 Likes

I don’t deal with this situation personally but if I did, I wouldn’t risk it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t risk your babies health if you’re having an outbreak. If a baby contracts herpes it can be fatal. I also thought that if the mother had any kind of disease that could be transmitted, they would have to have a c section? I’d talk to your doctor about it. C sections aren’t that bad. I had 2 :heart:

2 Likes

Talk to your doctor. I’d personally choose a c-section to be safe though!!

1 Like

It’s probably a hemorrhoid…

And yes calm down… that can bring on an outbreak

7 Likes

Ask your doc. Also see if it could possibly be a hemorrhoid from so much straining.

I did, I wasn’t having outbreak at the time. My son is 18 now and didn’t get infected

Get the C section you will be so crushed if he/she gets it with you possibly knowing what it is🥺

1 Like

Found this article online. But your doctor will know best, once it comes time to deliver…

“Women who have genital herpes before they become pregnant have a very low risk of transmitting the virus to their babies. This is because their immune systems make antibodies that are temporarily passed to the baby through the placenta. Even if herpes is active in the birth canal during delivery, the antibodies help protect the baby. In addition, if a mother knows she has genital herpes, her doctor or midwife can take steps to protect the baby.”

3 Likes

Call your doctor office asap for antiviral meds.

1 Like

My first child was an emergency section, it was a very scary experience and left me petrified of them, I had great difficulty during and after my second child which I delivered vaginally so when I got pregnant with my third I genuinely was terrified either way, but I decided on a planned section, and it was absolutely fantastic, I had nothing to worry about, it was so calm and a wonderful experience, not the panicked situation I had experienced before. I only wish I had done the same with my second. Xx

2 Likes

Absolutely not! It can cause a horrible infection in your babies eyes, nose, and mouth. Potentially causing your baby to go blind.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can I give birth vaginally with an HSV2 outbreak? - Mamas Uncut

I had a c section because my daughter wouldn’t flip and it honestly wasn’t bad at all! I was SO scared going into it but if I had to do it again I would.

Honestly you just need to have a very open and honest discussion with your ob.

2 Likes

I don’t have hsv2 but I’d like to weigh in on the c-section. I have had one child naturally and one by cesarean. I can say that I personally would choose a c-section for the simple fact that my vagina did not feel like it had been put through the garbage disposal (I know not everyone feels this way after delivery but I will never forget it lol). I had lots of complications with both births and a cesarean is major abdominal surgery but I’d much rather my stomach be tore up for a few weeks than to go through that vaginal pain again. Another upside is that they can make sure to get all of your placenta, compared to the risk of leaving a piece behind during natural birth and having bleeding complications. Good luck to you momma. You’ve got this and congratulations on baby #3!

1 Like

Nope… u risk transmission to baby.

They may want to just to be on the safe side

I think you kinda have too, just to be safe for the baby I heard the baby can get it also if you have an outbreak and it is life threatening for them. Idk I just feel like if you are due any day and doc didn’t give meds for the outbreak to control then a c section is best for baby , sometimes we gotta take risk for out kids , everything will be OK I hope your delivery comes out good !

1 Like

They did a csection on my sister in law then come to find out they had mixed her bloodwork up with someone elses she didnt even have it i had a csection with all three of my bio kids because my oldest bio son was breech and then my daugther was born almost 15 months later and then our youngest was born 13 months after his sister with our youngest i had my tubes tied not sure if thats why recovery was worse with him or it was the fact due to covid they wouldnt let me out my room so i was confined to the bed for four days with my first two csections recovery wasnt that bad with my oldest bio son as soon as the spinal block wore off i was walking and with my daugther about 6 hours later i was walking

I had a C-section because I had pre-eclampsia. It was not bad at all. Remember your number one goal is to keep that baby safe!

1 Like

It’s probably a hemorrhoid

5 Likes

I was told it’d have to be a c section

If your doctor knew you had HSV2, they should have put you on valtrex/vacyclovir at 36 weeks to attempt to repress the virus and prevent any outbreaks so you could deliver naturally. If they didn’t, either they don’t know and you delivering naturally can kill your baby, or they don’t care and you delivering naturally can kill your baby. Either way, a c-section is probably your best bet for a healthy baby since you’re due soon.

I had 2 C-section babies, not because of that but because of other reasons. They really are NOT that bad. It can be scary but isn’t childbirth scary either way? You’ll be okay. :relaxed:

1 Like

Talk with your ob and ask for antiviral medications to take daily after 36 weeks.

6 Likes

Why aren’t you taking your valtrex?

2 Likes

So…let me get this straight. Your actively having an herpes outbreak and your concerned because you dont want a section? Girl if you dont tell your ob what’s up and get over yourself. Like… Herpes is DEADLY for newborn. I’m sorry, this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. I guess because you dont want a section if it IS a confirmed outbreak, your cool with your kid being blind or actually passing away because your selfish and have a gift that keeps on giving? Sounds crazy huh. Talk to ur ob. If its confirmed, get the section, dont be selfish and ignorant. Your ob wont let u deliver vaginally if your having an outbreak. Either way someone’s gonna see your herpes because everyone is gonna be looking at your twat.

21 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can I give birth vaginally with an HSV2 outbreak? - Mamas Uncut

Even with treatment, it’s not guaranteed that you won’t infect baby. Even a low risk is still a risk.

C-sections are awesome! Don’t worry about having one! My son was an emergency c-section and daughter was a scheduled c-section. Both were easy peesy lemon squeezy both during and the recovery afterwards

7 Likes

You say that you are constipated and been pushing it may be a hemroid from pushing so much

Tell your doctor. He’ll know that 5 days of acyclovir can heal herpes in 5 days guaranteed. I believe it’s 2 pills a day but I don’t remember the dose.

Sounds more like you have a Bartholomew cyst. They are usually on the right side if I’m not mistaken. Best thing would just to double check with your doctor

2 Likes

Csection was a piece of cake. U got this. Praying for a healthy easy delivery for you

You can 100% have a natural birth lovely speak with your Dr or midwife and ask them to prescribe you an anti viral med to suppress it such as aciclivoir right up until birth they may also put you on a high dose of it through IV in labour but you can and many women do have natural births with HSV2 xx

I’ve had 2 csections, one being emergency and one elective. I’m pregnant with my third and have opted for another csection. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of, it’s just a longer recovery time. Do what’s best for baby

1 Like

Just to maybe ease your mind, I had a c section with my first, a VBAC then another c section with my twins. The sections were by far much easier recoveries both times. My first one I was up out of bed after a couple hours. The last, I had my tubes tied at the same time so it took longer but still much less pain than the VBAC was. They can be scary, but I preferred them.

The secret to csections (I’ve had 4) is hot tea & walking. Every hour. Starting in the hospital. If you cough hold onto your tummy.

They should have prescribed you antiviral medication to make sure youndidnt have an outbreak. Talk with your doctor about your options though. They know more than we do.

1 Like

Sweetie, whatever happens, your Dr will tell you what’s in the best interest of the baby and like most c-sections if that’s the route to go, you’ll be just fine. Millions of c-sections have been done, you’ll be just fine. Praying for you right now for peace.

14 Likes

I had a emergency c-section and I had my boy at 11:56pm come 6am I was up and walking to the nicu. I was slow and cautious but I was fine. I just recommend you stay in comfy clothes, stay warm, and use a pillow on the csection incision when moving it helps

My first child was an emergency csec and my second was a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean) and to be 100 percent honest I will take a c section over a vaginal

I had three sections. I was fine all 3 times. Don’t worry about a section.

1 Like

if your this worried- go to the OBGYN and get checked. they would be able to tell you what needs to be done, both in your best interest, and that of your baby. they may even be able to give you something to help with the outbreak

4 Likes

Your your dr can give you a prophylactic to take for a few days before birth. Don’t worry. Congratulations.

1 Like

Ive had 4 kids and 3 of them were c sections. You will be just fine. Do what’s best for baby right now. I was down two more days from pain with my c sections versus I was walking 30 mins after a regular birth but I was driving the 3rd day after my c section lol. Promise it’s not that bad. Good luck!

10 Likes

Don’t risk exposing your child to that. It could get in your newborn’s eyes or worse.

And yes, I’m in the medical field and have seen it happen.

17 Likes

My old roommate had an outbreak 3 days before her scheduled induction. Her doctor put her on a heavy dose of the medication she normally took, but like 3x the normal dose every day up to the day of. They checked her before she was induced and she was all clear and had a vaginal delivery.

6 Likes

I have hsv2 and yes you can. Doctors will prescribe you meds to stop and outbreak if you do have one. I am not ashamed. I also have only had about 3 outbreaks in my whole 5 years of having hsv2 so I’m very lucky about that. But yes you can have a vaginal birth your doctors will discuss that will you and give meds.

5 Likes

Sounds like a lump from a hernia due to straining to go to the bathroom.

As soon as I read this I automatically thought hemorrhoid because of the constipation. Hopefully you can get into see your doctor and hopefully that’s all it is.

3 Likes

I had all my kids by c-section. Not because of your reason but I actually think it’s easier. It takes longer to heal but in your situation you definitely need to think of your child.

2 Likes

My 3 children were all csections, couple weeks healing, pain not nearly like giving birth. Good luck dear.

1 Like

I feel like this is obvious but speak to your Dr and if this is a real post stop asking strangers to tell you what to do on serious medical issues … you have the judgie judges and the know it alls along with the easy breezies, only you and your Dr will have any clue what’s right for you

Maybe you have a hemorrhoid from straining? Constipation is normal, especially at the end. I would think that since the baby normally has to pass thru the outbreak for it to pass to it, you shouldn’t pass it. But I’m no doctor so you should def see what yours says!

I haven’t had a section due to that I’ve had a section due to low blood platelets and my sons heart rate went down so they had to get him out xx

I had a csection and my recovery wasn’t any worse than my friends who had vaginal. Really sore about 2 days then I was able to slowly go about my normal business

Are you sure its a limp from hsv2? It kinda sounds like it may be a hemorrhoid since you have been constipated and straining.

Follow the medical advice given to you by the medical professional. Every case will be different. You may be able to have your baby naturally. Maybe not. C sections are a big operation. I’ve had one myself. Personally for me the pain wasn’t bad. I did get a bad infection but that was my fault as I was up doing stuff 24hours later. However some people find it quite painful. If you do have to have a c section have a good plan in place. You will need to be able to rest as much as possible after. If you can ask the people in your life to help out for a week or 2.

I had .an emergency section forty years ago. It was a breeze.

The dr should have put u on Valtrex twice a day to prevent outbreak. It is dangers to deliver vaginally can cause blindness in the baby if they contract the virus upon exit.

You need to call your obstetrician right away and explain your concerns. There might be some treatment for you if there is any danger at all but you need to call and explain your fears.

1 Like

What a story! Spoild my breakfast. Go and see a doctor. You may not like their busines model but what to do?

1 Like

Sometimes a c section is better than vaginal birth. Facts.

4 Likes

They should have had you on continuous antivirals for your pregnancy. Call your dr.

The sacrifice of having a c-section seems small compared to exposing your baby to this virus.

Is it definitely an HSV sore? Not a haemorrhoid idea you’ve been struggling with constipation?

Why haven’t you had this discussion with your Ob-Gyn? This is not the forum to seek that kind of advice about your health, and that of your baby.

What did your doctor say?

Yeah cuz you think people on Facebook are smarter then your doctor. How stupid.

2 Likes

To take a chance like that is to risky it might burst and that would be bad so a c section would be the best way to go. God bless and i hope things go well with your dr. visit. Hugs

Might be a clogged gland see your OB :two_hearts:

1 Like

I dont think ur doctor will even consider a vaginal birth i think u have to do a c section for the health of the baby but maybe ask cuz that could also maybe be a hemorrhoid

Please seek advice from your doctor

Nope get on valtrax right now you’ll be fine!
Prob go to a Dr also…

R u gona deliver on fb?
Go see your gynaecologist and stop wasting your time here.
Thank me later.

Formulate a plan with your OB.

Sounds like a possible hernia in your perineum. Don’t fear c-sections. I’ve had 2. They cut very low and small now and healing is pretty easy… maybe not as quick as natural, but definitely nothing to lose sleep over

1 Like

Go and have your lump checked out by your GP

Doubt the Dr. Will go for vaginal deliver

Who is Nameless Network ??? B

1 Like

This is something you need to talk to your Dr about

Never had the virus but had 2 sections. And I was fine with both. Just a bit longer in recovery than natural birth. Have no fear in the section. It’s all about the saftey of the the baby. It’s fine. They know what they are doing.

C sections are fine. Listen to your body and you’ll be fine. There’s a but of pain but there’s meds to keep on top of that. Nothing to be afraid of.

1 Like

5 c-sections here been through 3 full labours but complications hence the sections but all safe and healthy and that is always the better and safer options as long and your both healthy and safe… the outbreak is close to labour and is high risk not always we get the options and expectations but you’re able to choose to make sure a safer outcome stay strong.

Sounds like you may have given yourself a hemorrhoid. Get it checked out and stop stressing yourself out. You could give yourself an outbreak with the worrying alone. There’s nothing you can do to avoid a c-section if it is an outbreak, so prepare yourself for the worse case scenario. Read up on what to look out for after and make sure you have someone that’s going to speak for you there with you. Putting your efforts into what you CAN control will help with the things you can’t.

If it’s still their, for the babies sake in not getting it. Id say a c-section it’s a scary thought but if you want to give your child an extra chance to not catch it, bc they might already due to your blood. A c-section would be an option. Tho if goes away before then and the doctor says that it’s cleared of do what you feel comfortable with doing.

No you shouldn’t. You can cause a lot of problems for your baby!

ask a doctor, not us!

I heard you would have to get a c-section then. Much better for the baby.

Way to much information…

Finding out who does and doesn’t have the herpes in this comment section. :flushed:

1 Like

no talk to ur Doctor

While it may not be popular to say so I will tell you I understand absolutely your aversion to being gutted like a fish and scarred for life… Risk infection be unable to care for your baby alone and in rare cases slice the face open of your child at the same time they cut through your Uterus! Barbarous!
… pay attention to the woman above who had an amazing doctor who gave her double triple doses for several days and the woman was able to deliver vaginally… Find a doctor willing to work with you and help you to have a natural vaginal birth… In the end if medication isn’t successful then you did everything in your power to have the kind of birth you want… With all that pressure during labor any kind of lump that you have will definitely burst and you really have no choice but to go under the knife to protect your baby…game over… ruining your child’s sight and life isn’t an option any baby of a mother like that would be taken away.
God bless you protect you pray you get a natural childbirth and that the medication works so you can do that.

If you’re worried about giving your baby herpes you need to talk to your doctor not Facebook. I would also be more scared about giving my newborn herpes than about having a c-section. Like common this has got to be fake!

:gift_heart:I got back my husband
with the help of a great man called Dr Akhigde he is the great love spell caster and healer that help me bring back my ex who left me for another woman I can assure you he can also help you in your problem you can message him On his no WhatsApp 09150176095