Can my court case be reopened?

Long story short, I filed a dissolution with my ex and we had agreed to keep both of our names on the house. He wouldn’t have been able to keep it otherwise. (I’m realizing now I should of just said we had to sell it) anyway I’m making the payments on it so my credit doesn’t get fucked because he hasn’t been to work in almost a year now due to what he has been telling me is a medical issue and now he just told me that his job let him go. Now I’m our dissolution paperwork he was obligated to pay the house as well as make reasonable attempts to get my name off the house, now the * to that is there was no deadline date for him to have my name off the house… Does anyone know if my case can be reopened since he’s in contempt of 2 things now? (He’s not paying it and he hasn’t tried to get my name off of it) and even if he did try his credit is destroyed so is that really a reasonable attempt at that point?

26 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can my court case be reopened?

I would call a lawyer they give free consultations most of them and I would talk to somebody and see what they tell you if you’re making the house note and he’s in contempt I would think you should be able to revisit it even possibly take it over yourself since he can’t afford it. but I don’t know for sure so I would definitely talk to a lawyer get a free consult something. Good luck

10 Likes

Who is living in the house?

Please contact a lawyer asap

1 Like

Talk to ur lawyer who handled case before. Im sure ur able to revisit the case as needed to adjust it they would be able to tell u better what u can do.

3 Likes

Yes you most certainly can file a motion in domestic court

3 Likes

Your attorney can file and judge will order to be sold and if any profit how to be disbursed

5 Likes

Talk to a lawyer, don’t do this on your own with no legal advice

5 Likes

Go to the lawyer that handled the case. You probably can file a motion for relief and force a sale.

5 Likes

This is out of my wheelhouse, but by the looks of it, talking to a lawyer is your best bet at this time. Good Luck!!

1 Like

Speak to a lawyer about it.

2 Likes

Yes, you can reopen it.

Yes, because he’s not paying as agreed. Not only is he not paying, he’s making no effort to pay either. If you petition for contempt and ask for the remedy to be that the house is immediately put up for sale, I think you have an excellent shot at that being granted.

You could also ask that you get reimbursed for the payments you’ve had to pay since the agreement was finalized out of any proceeds from the sale from his portion before he sees anything.

6 Likes

If he isn’t meeting his part of the obligation that you both agreed to, I would expect that you can reopen it. But definitely get your lawyer ASAP to help you figure out next steps.

3 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14558 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper52.pages.dev/

Yes… situations have changed and you can motion the court for help. You need legal advice tho… I know that price will hurt now but it will salvage your financial future

2 Likes

Ask your lawyer not facebook

8 Likes

Yep file for contempt

1 Like

You need a lawyer. Plain and simple. Evict him and sell the house to recoup lost revenue.

4 Likes

You need to speak to a lawyer. So much depends on where you live & their laws

3 Likes

Absolutely you can. Call your attorney and tell them you have proof if contempt that you would like to present to the court. Also have a solid solution you would like to see, but be prepared to compromise some.

1 Like

Because you are both on the mortgage you are equally responsible even if the judge awarded you the house and he has to agree to sell and he is entitled to have the money Try talking to your mortgage co

After leaving My Previous Job 9 months ago, i’ve Had some good luck to Learn about this website which was A life-saver f0r me… They 0ffer jobs F0r which People can w0rk online From their house. My latest paycheck after w0rking for them for 6 m0nths was f0r $15977…
Amazing thing about is that The only thing required is simple Typing skills and access T0 internet…

Read All about IT Here… https://AmazingDollars19.pages.dev

If you have a lawyer, call them. But you should be able to file contempt paperwork at the courthouse. It sounds like this has been going on for at least a year, and while there may not have been a set time frame for him to get your name off of the house, I doubt a judge will see a year plus as a reasonable timeframe. You should also be able to sue him for the portion of the mortgage payment that he should have been paying for the last year plus.

2 Likes

Yes it can be reopened and you absolutely need to do this.

2 Likes

You are asking for legal advice. Any answers provided, unless given by an attorney, should be taken with a grain of salt.

I do not mean this disrepectfully but every county, state, area of law, circumstances, etc., are different. I would encourage you to reach out to an attorney directly. You can go to findlaw.com or avvo.com to find an attorney that meets your requirements. In the search engine, type in the area of practice and your zipcode. This will provide you a list with all attorneys/practices under said criteria. It will also indicate which attorneys/practices offer free consultations.

I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

You sure can. My husband’s ex wife does it every other month just to fuck with him

l Get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14419 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper148.pages.dev/

Yes. He’s not doing what was agreed upon. Talk to a lawyer

1 Like

l Get paid over $110 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $14419 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://MoneyLooper168.pages.dev/

Time to see a lawyer!

Call a lawyer, but I would think yes. Hopefully this can be resolved in mediation (much cheaper).

2 Likes

You would probably have to go back to court. Ask to sell and for you to reimbursed for all the money you paid out of the sell.

1 Like

File a motion to hold him in contempt of court and file a motion to modify the original document on the grounds in which you listed.

2 Likes

Get a lawyer. Show where you’ve been paying and get him kicked out.

1 Like

Stop feeling like it would be cutting his throat if you get out of this aggressively, he’s circling the drain and if you dont get a firewall between you and him your credit will go the way of the Titanic

2 Likes

Contact your attorney and have them file a motion for contempt. Have you attorney address any other matters also in the motion so the judge can rule.

Absolutely! If the agreement has been breached then file to have it changed

1 Like

ask a lawyer not us we don’t know the laws of your state

Lawyer up is best you can do.