Can trauma cause a late period?

Would like to ask if any one knows anything about this I was in a car totaling accident on the 25th I had been spotting as If I was going to start my period for a few days prior to the wreck and now no sign of life from Aunt Flo can a trama such as an accident affect a period ( definitely not pregnant no more kids for us hubby is fixed cut burned tied and parts removed even lol)

58 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can trauma cause a late period? - Mamas Uncut

Maybe it’s the stress from it? No experience but just a thought because stress definitely messes with aunt flo

3 Likes

When my son passed away my cycle stopped for 5 months from stress

3 Likes

I dont know about trauma, but stress definitely can

2 Likes

Very likely. Though if you start feeling sick, have abnormal pain and so on, I would go see a doctor to make sure there were no injuries missed from the accident.

I’ve had less eventful things happen in my life that have disturbed my cycle. I believe you are right on the money. Just take it easy and it’ll come when it’s ready. Glad you are okay.

1 Like

Yes! I was in a car accident in November and didn’t have a period for 2 months

Trauma, stress, just about anything will throw mine off. Trips/vacations… which is actually nice sometimes lol

1 Like

Stress definitely can

Stress/ trauma yes it can

Stress has a big effect on our bodies and YES you can even lose a period due to stress and trauma

Stress definitely can. And being in a car accident definitely qualifys as a stressful and traumatic situation.

Stress definitely can. And being in a car accident definitely qualifys as a stressful and traumatic situation. So I would say yes.

It would be stress can

Stress yes. I would go see the doctor. You may need checking over just to be sure it’s not something else.

3 Likes

I’m unsure if it’s from the accident it’s self, as it’s not something I’ve experienced.
However, I do know with my own experience that stress will put my cycle off, and a car wreck definitely falls in that category.

Yes. I have first hand experienced it myself. Even surgeries can as well.

1 Like

Stress definitely can cause it.My husband passed when when l was 41 and the stress threw me into menopause with no symptoms at all ,no hot flashes or anything. Dr. Said it was from the stress and grief. So ld say definitely.

Stress will do alot to a body

Stress can cause a period to be late yah. A lot of things can cause a period to be late it’s odd

The stress from the accident can definitely cause it to not come but would still recommend seeing your doctor just in case

Trauma can cause a lot . My daughters husband was killed . Her periods stopped completely. My granddaughter was 2 . She had to go to OBGYN and once a year take something to start her period. It would last a month . Than when my granddaughter hit puberty at 12. My daughters period started back up and she has it every month since thsn . My granddaughter is 19 now my daughter 51. Flow is still a go . So absolutely stress trauma can do a lot.

3 Likes

Any kind of stress related trauma can cause issues with your period. I’ve experienced it both after a car accident as well as after a surgery.

1 Like

Yes stress can play a major part in your period, but I would absolutely get in touch with your doctor.

Go see your OBGYN, they’ll give you all the answers you’re looking for. You should be able to call & press a separate number to have a nurse call you back and talk to them about it; they’ll tell you if you should be checked over.

Yes, I was like that after my car accident as a teenager.

Yes i once fell 2 feet n landed legs open on a metal bar n it messed me up for about a yr. Stress trauma changes in enviroment or diet or excerise can all play factors.

2 Likes

I had the flu once and it changed my cycle so I wouldn’t doubt the physical and mental stress of an auto accident could effect your hormones for a period.

1 Like

The trauma and the stress combined can definitely cause you to be off schedule.

1 Like

I spotted during my first period I got when I was pregnant with my youngest son I thought it was my period but UT can happen when you fall pregnant i didnt know any of this and then found out I was pregnant at 8 weeks when I missed the next period definitely get checked out asap x

Yes went four months with out a period due to stress and a traumatic situation

Stress can cause your period to do all kinds of weird things. Sometimes I’ve been so stressed about something that I get my period twice. Sometimes I’m so stressed I don’t get it at all for a month or longer, which makes me more stressed. Being in an accident can definitely cause you to miss a period due to the stress of the accident, having to go through insurance companies, going to court if needed. If it’s something that’s really really bothering you, it never hurts to make an appointment with your obgyn to get a work up done to give yourself that peace of mind.

Yes !!! But doesn’t hurt to go and see your doctor to make sure that everything is ok inside you

Yes very much so. Hope you are resting and taking it easy. And you sure your not pregnant? I had friend that had hers burned and still had another baby, even delivered him in the parking lot of the hospital.

1 Like

Yep for 3 months I was so stressed that I had close to no period a little spotting here and there and even took dozens of pregnancy tests negative…once I got away from my stressful toxic environment boom aunt flo paid her visit again lol

Any trauma or stress can cause it. Along with changes in exercise and sometimes even diet changes

Stress can cause it. But just in case, go for a check up to make sure everything is ok

Has your husband had all of his follow ups yet? Just in case :sweat_smile:

Are you sure you were not injured?

1 Like

l get paid over $175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18798 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingpay705.pages.dev/

Stress can mess with your cycle.

1 Like

yes it can i was in major car accident didnt have mine for 3 months

1 Like

l get paid over $153 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17948 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://MaxCash20.pages.dev/

To much stress can cause a no period

Stress can. I had an emergency appendectomy and it delayed Aunt Flo by 2 weeks.

Yes, a traumatic accident can cause you to get a period earlier than expected.

Stress can cause u to miss ur period. If u don’t have one next cycle u may want to talk to ur gyno. But for now i would chock it up to stress levels being too high

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13656 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyles114.pages.dev

My sister was in a horrible accident and she was with out for over 6 months due to truma

Yes it can. I suffered from a concussion on day 10 of my cycle. Took a total of 63 days to get my next one.

Yes. Thr trauma can cause enough stress to not start a period. My body is the opposite and I will start my period if I’m over stressed. Ugh

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13697 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://WorksFul9.pages.dev

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13670 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyles122.pages.dev

I was in a bad car wreck with my two kids. Skipped my period for 5 months due to the stress. But still consult with your gynecologist