Can you breastfeed while pregnant?

Baby needs mom the most in that first month. It’s a huge adjustment to come out from your body. I would not want to be separated from my baby at this time and developmentally I think it would be scary for the baby, especially for overnight trips. He can take baby overnight when they are old enough to be without mom.

1 Like

Don’t put him on the birth certificate. He will have to ask for a DNA test and that takes time, but he will control you by taking your child girl.

1 Like

Not fair to the father yes your wrong a d i know many fathers capable of taking care of newborns just because they have different sexual organs does not mean they dont have a brain

3 Likes

Do not let him. I am serious. Please don’t. Wait for a court order. Do not leave the child alone without you or a trusted friend that won’t let him pick him up because once he has him you won’t be able to get him back legally and no one will help you. Trust me, I saved my kiddos that way.

1 Like

Let him take the baby for 1 night without help and I bet you he won’t want to take the baby again until its older and less dependant on its parents. But you need to tell him if he cannot handle the baby, to get ahold of u asap so you can bring the baby back to u.

Let courts decide if you care so much

You are not in the wrong. Baby will be too young to go. Maybe after a little while but not right away.

That’s a given honey…any real father should respect that, that’s when the baby and mom bond

If you are willing to let him come to see the baby that’s cool. But for the first 2 months it’s a hard no for me for a full whole week or weekend away, also if you add breastfeeding also a hard no. Not everyone wants to pump right away or use a bottle.

agree 100%. mommys have a natural instict to wake up at the drop of a pin and there are thinhs like SIDS…no way. i agree honey

No unless your bottle feeding all the time.

2 months before he can leave and be outdoors and in public. He has to build up his immune system first.

2 Likes

that baby should not be going anywhere until after 6 months when it starts getting it’s vaccines!

If you plan to breastfeed then evem more so the baby should stay with you. It is not easy on baby or momma to be apart. I had my aunt watch my 2 month old daughter so my cousin and my 3 year old could go out and I missed her.

I would not trust him. Sounds cruel and stupid.

1 Like

Let him visit , though. I agree with you . You both need to bond with baby .

Some of these women are just hating on men. If you are breast feeding than pump for his time. Would be best if you 2 spent time together with the baby. 6 months-1year wth is that. I took my kids for walks in the neighborhood at 2 weeks old. Mother bonding is important but so is father bonding.

1 Like

Yes there are pumps but personally I think mom. Should be with baby better for both

Mom and dad u two need to figure this out on your own
You may get half a million comments from other people but the best thing for your child is for the two of you to figure it out. What works for one family may not be what works for yours. Even if your not together just remember no child has ever asked to be separated from either one their parents. So before you think about what’s best for yourselves put the most important person in your lives first. Your child!!!

1 Like

My kids dad could come over to my home whenever he wanted to see his sons when they were first born but I Breastfed. So I felt like until at least a month no over night stays so me and baby can get a good steady system to help milk production and flow. Yes pumping can help milk production but baby and moms body read each other. As well as getting a good schedule so dad may learn or know best feeding times. If you formula feed then sorry but if it’s just your not ready shouldn’t have had better protection.

Hard pass daddy can see baby during the day but no overnights till at least 3 months old fight honey fight

Not only does the baby need you the most in their first part of life-he just came out of you so you are his comfort, your smell, your feel and your voice will be the only thing that will calm him down sometimes- and a lot of men get overwhelmed because it doesn’t come instinctually to them. You also need to think about the physical health of your baby. There are so many diseases out there that are minor to most people but deadly to babies. And the symptoms aren’t always obvious or concerning to someone who isn’t aware or looking for them. There’s RSV, the flu, a cold, dehydration. And being really careful with the baby’s soft spots. There are two, theyre gaps in your babies bone plates that haven’t fused together yet. The bottom line is that men don’t think about the amount of care and concerns that the majority of women do when it comes to a baby let alone a newborn. They also don’t see certain things as problems, like germs.

I hope you let him see the baby or that he doesn’t have to pay you a dime. It’s not about you anymore it’s about the baby. Don’t use breastfeeding as an excuse because I exclusively gave my premee breastmilk when she had to stay in the NICU without me.

If the parents canput their differences aside for afewdays,maybe the dad could visit often and possibly even be in onthe birth.babyneeds to stay with mom.if the. Dad. Is. Agoodguy,and there are many gooddads out there,heshould be allowed to visit with and spend time with the baby

He needs to pull his head in. First you need to establish feeding and if baby is breastfeed how is he going to cope with that. No overnight stays till baby is weaned. Let him know he can see baby any time but baby isn’t a plaything and it’s needs are the most important

I believe babies belong with mom the firt 9 ish months few hours during the day is good . Baby need there own bedtime routine. And please enough lawyers be nice qork it out

No weekends until baby is weened. Then only if he has family support: his mom, dad, etc.