Can you get into a tanning bed while pregnant?

I think the whole point of this group is to get non judgmental advice but I sure do see a lot of judgement

11 Likes

my OB also said it is fine in moderation. The risk is over heating, UVA and UVB rays aren’t going to penetrate your baby and cause them harm :joy: so should you not be outside during the summer?

Also everyone saying do a spray tan. DHA which is the chemical in spray tans to make you tan is extremely toxic and if you don’t use the not plugs which no one really does, that is causing your baby more harm then laying in a tanning bed with fans on for 8 minutes.

5 Likes

No your best option is to do a self Tanner

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it because of getting overheated. Your body temperature is out of whack anyway when you’re pregnant. You tend to get overheated faster. I’d hate to see you make yourself sick.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:no
How about a self tanner for the time being

1 Like

No. Get lotion or spray tan

1 Like

I mean I didn’t know I was pregnant till i was 6 months. Did tanning, water slides.

I personally wouldn’t even think :thinking: about going into a Tanning bed whilst pregnant.
Just go and get a stray tanner to spray you. If you want a tan & something with natural products if possible lols :joy: or just don’t bother. Why worry about your skin colour? When your pregnant. Just worry about the baby your going to bring into this world.

1 Like

The main concern is the temperature rise. I personally didn’t/wouldn’t bc it’s not worth the risk.

I mean I wouldn’t risk it. It’s easy to overheat in one… but it’s your body and your baby. Do what you want to

It’s common sense not too just like they say no scary fun rides, no hot tub, no standing in front of a microwave for to long!

1 Like

Why not lay in the sun, it’s summertime!
Lots of pregnant mommas I know (before all these new rules come out) laid in the sun for an hour every other day, they would keep the tummy covered with a damp towel to keep cool!
Spray tans are terrible for you…

I’m gonna say no… just like they tell you not to take that hot of a bath!!!

2 Likes

When I got pregnant I quit tanning beds. I use tanning drops, they’re made with all natural ingredients :blush:

Why would you want to go on a tanning bed anyway?

I have a tanning bed and tan/ lay outside and
Tan. I am 17 weeks. I think as long as ur after ur 2nd trimester u should be fine.

3 Likes

You do know they make self tanner? I HIGHLY recommend anything from Bondi Sands. You’re tan 4-6 hrs after applying and the water base kind looks very natural!

l get paid over $ 167 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 15741 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://jobnetpro9.pages.dev/

Is the tan more important than your child’s heath…we know tanning beds are bad for us. Why risk it for a look?

5 Likes

Don’t. It’s kind of a thing of the past anyway… it’s so bad for you and it’s bad for your baby Just don’t do that.

I’ve heard of a few women with severe vitamin d deficiencies use the sun in a box while pregnant. Although, they don’t usually go longer than 5-10 minutes at a time

1 Like

I did the entire 9mo of pregnancy & my Dr was Ok with it

3 Likes

You can’t be serious

Wat is wrong with u?

3 Likes

I did with my first child. Just dont stay in to long. And Id check with your doctor.

I wouldn’t. A tanning bed would raise your body temperature which can be bad for an unborn baby.

4 Likes

Hell no.
You can get in the natural sun a little each day. Common sense…

3 Likes

Cooks you from the inside out.

1 Like

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18734 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome754.pages.dev/

2 Likes

Honestly I would just ask your doctor, if they say it’s fine then do it

Yes, just make sure the fans are on high. You just don’t wanna get too hot in there.

1 Like

My doctor told me it was fine.

I’ve seen so many experiments with eggs, ground beef, chicken, ect bring put in tanning beds for hours at a time. Guess what. They don’t even cook a tiny bit. Not possible.

There’s a lot of judgement going on in here. Frankly if your doctor says it’s okay. Then go for it. Just make sure it’s not for an extended period of time and make sure your well hydrated, along with the fan being on and you should be fine. The issue is overheating.

1 Like

it’s unlikely to hurt the developing fetus however it can be terrible for you skin and increases your exposure to UV rays that can cause skin cancer

1 Like

I didn’t think you were even supposed to get in a hot tub while pregnant. I know I like my showers hottt and couldn’t put them anywhere close to the temp I like because it almost made me pass out a few times.

I just wonder why risk it?

3 Likes

Yes, it will not harm the baby. But it’s not good for you either way. Get a spray tan!

1 Like

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18734 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome771.pages.dev/

There’s no evidence of risk to baby while tanning. Not sitting under a lightbulb in a tanning bed baking. Good grief. It’s not even good for your skin…why would it be good for them? I swear some of y’all are embarrassing :rofl::face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

It probably won’t harm your unborn baby but why risk it? Why can’t you wait until the baby is born? There’s no sense in taking risks when it’s not necessary.

:woman_facepalming:. Ask your Dr not Facebook

2 Likes

Why? Just why? You have one job while pregnant, and that is making sure you’re taking care of that developing baby. And you’re pressed enough to publicly ask about tanning, because you know it’s stupid, but you want to do it anyways.

5 Likes

Any reputable tanning bed operator signed a contract that they would not let pregnant women tan. This is not a joke. You ARE putting your child at risk if you choose to do this. Buy some self tanner and skip the bed for a few months.

2 Likes

I’d feel much better just going to get a spray tan.

I mean you’d be baking your babe along with your skin…you have one job :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

They have hot tub warnings because of temperature and other reasons. So maybe apply that logic to tanning beds as well. Also, any unnecessary risk, really isn’t worth the risk at all. Not saying you have to stay in a bubble while pregnant but tanning isn’t recommended even when your not pregnant.

1 Like

Here are the facts: there are no studies that conclusively prove tanning (in a bed or on a beach/whatever) will directly harm your unborn baby. However, the risk is overheating. Overheating has been linked to spinal malformations in the baby. Some studies link UV rays to folic acid deficiency, which can lead to neurotube defects, like spina bifida, and it’s super important in the first trimester.

1 Like

Can you bask in the sunshine while pregnant ? Yes ! Use logic - it’s ultra violet rays not an x-ray machine ! :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

:stop_sign:All you have to do is look in the comments to understand why so many kids are bullies!!

8 Likes

Ummm…no. Sorry Mama!

I would feel safer with getting a spray tan :nerd_face:

1 Like

Idk where you’re looking, but tanning whilst pregnant is dangerous. DON’T DO IT. If you can’t go 9 months without tanning you’re really going to struggle with the sacrifices of parenthood. Not only should you avoid tanning beds, but also saunas and long stays in direct sunlight during the summer that can cause you to overheat.

From the American Pregnancy Association:

1 Like

No doctors literally tell you not to do this 

2 Likes

Wtf? Like am I reading what I am reading right now!!? It’s not safe what so ever to tan while pregnant the beds get way to hot!?

2 Likes

Talk to your doctor and the baby’s future pediatrician. Ask them that same question. You may be able to do it, but only for a limited amount of time (like ten minute intervals).

Ummmmmm you have an obgyn? I hope. Ask them. But in all reality no. Lmao

You’re only pregnant for 9 months, your tan can wait…

5 Likes

No. The heat changes the temperature of the amniotic fluid.Same for hot tub

1 Like

Do NOT cook your baby!! Why would you need to ask this question. :disappointed:

The fact that you even have to ask this question…

2 Likes

Most places won’t even allow a pregnant woman to tan but I worked at a tanning salon and there were a couple that would come in and I would explain to them that there are risks, but they would say that they didn’t care or that they are fine with the risk. So ultimately it’s up to you. I definitely didnt because first of all tanning beds are not good for you anyways, but you get too hot. They say anything that makes your skin red or elevates your temperature, can affect the baby.  Even some gradual tanners and fake bake isn’t safe. A spray tan probably is ok though. I will also say that the pregnant women that did go in would not go in for a longer than 10 minutes, per my suggestion. I did have a few people who got mad at me but my job was to educate and make sure people are getting tanned but without burning, so I definitely explained any risk to everyone pregnant or not. There’s also different types of beds you can use but if you choose to do it, find somewhere that goes by the minutes and only go for max 5 mins and if you feel overheated then stop.

This is a joke, right?

3 Likes

Or just wait to get a tan after you give birth, :face_with_raised_eyebrow: looking darker isn’t that important, youll only be judged when people find out you insisted on risking your childs health for a temporary tan. Or go outside for a bit and get natural tan till you give birth. Like Jesus, some people really will go to any lengths to maintain their same life even while pregnant. And no they don’t do test on pregnant women, so looking up how that stuff would effect your baby won’t do much. But it’s better to be safe than to mess up your kid for a fake tan.

1 Like

Yall really in here being rude af to this girl like she didn’t say she did her research and had no conclusive answer so she asked here :woman_facepalming:t2: rude as hell

I can’t believe this even has to be asked lol

2 Likes

Internally cook your baby? No.

1 Like

No. Your OBGYN will explain better. But absolutely not

1 Like

Some ppl aren’t smart enough to bring more kids into this world Jesus Christ

3 Likes

What a stupid question your risking your baby’s life seriously

Jesus christ it’s 9 months of your life. Get a grip

7 Likes

Wow u people are special.

1 Like

Not sure why anyone would want to be apart of a group that is so judgemental and act like they are perfect

2 Likes

This has to be a joke or a “bored so let’s stir the pot” post yall… :woman_facepalming:t3:

Is this seriously even a question… Jesus!

1 Like

I mean, the baby needs a tan, too… especially if it’s one of those pasty white thangs :woman_shrugging:t3::rofl:
:rofl::rofl: …but seriously, no.

2 Likes

What’s the difference in going to spend 5 hours on a beach pregnant or 12 mins in a stand up?

1 Like

I certainly would not

The risk is your body temperature, not the uv lights.

My Doctor said I could tan, but only half the time. So if it’s a stronger bed you go less time and so on. All 3 of my kids turned out just fine, and were born pasty. :wink: I only tanned once or twice a week and I stopped at 7 months because I was a :cow2: and couldn’t get in/out of beds at that point. :grin:

1 Like

I would not want to bake my baby, but that’s just me

2 Likes

I think it’s not the tanning bed it’s self that’s harmful. But your body temperature rising. I would call your doctor… I would assume no though :woman_shrugging:

I had a skin cancer scare, is not being there for your baby/child due to cancer worth it just to have a tan?

1 Like

Please don’t put your unborn in an additional oven. Unnecessary :grimacing::woman_facepalming::raised_hands:

3 Likes

I guess im just here to say…“ladies lets educate not discriminate🤦‍♀️” but I know I wouldn’t risk miscarrying or other complications for a tan…p.s.(jergens makes a instant bronzer mouse thats nice …cvs has it … )…also this …would you let your baby burnn outside in the sun and have heat stroke ??? Bc in the womb is pretty similar to life outside the womb…just without the bubble

1 Like

Sounds like a question for your doctor, not the internet

How about a spray tan

Not knowing I was pregnant the first 4 months, I went tanning often. Had no idea. My 17 year old daughter is fine lol

I wouldn’t. Tanning beds have the same UV radiation as the sun whether you tanned in a bed or the sun, BUT the UV radiation is more concentrated than natural tanning. I wouldn’t simply because body temp rising isn’t safe for the baby, apparently better than a hot tub as far as heat goes. Not to mention just the risk of cancer with repeated exposure.

That being said. Ask your dr. They will be able to tell you if it’s safe or not.

Absolutely not. The radiation from the UV light can be cancer causing and the heat can cause birth defects.

Ummm wouldn’t that risk overheating your baby? I just couldn’t imagine risking it.