Can you get pregnant before your fertile days?

I’ve had unprotected sex the past few days. I have Flo period tracker, and it says the chance of getting pregnant but says six days until fertile. What are the odds of pregnancy? I don’t want “you can get pregnant” or “no, can’t.” Looking for an educated answer. Or how likely it would be that I could get pregnant. Or couldn’t. My most fertile day is not until the 13 so six days.

19 Likes

Sperm can live in your for days, so it is possible.

Honestly depends on your body. I don’t ovulate at the time my period tracker tells me. I’ve gotten pregnant 3 times from ovulating later than my period came.

From my understanding of the female reproductive cycle, the egg must come in contact with sperm within 24 hours of its release. Sperm can live about 5 days in your body. So having unprotected sex within 5 days of ovulation or on the day of ovulation puts you at higher risk of becoming pregnant. Your “most fertile” day is the day your app has calculated you will most likely ovulate, but it can not determine that for sure.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant before your fertile days? - Mamas Uncut

Sperm can survive 5 days in your body

3 Likes

Sperm can stick around for around 5 days, so yes it’s possible.

2 Likes

I have Flo as well and I didn’t think I could get pregnant 5 days before my ovulation date…but here I am 10 weeks later with a baby inside of me lol :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sperm can live inside of you for 5 days. Chances are you could get pregnant. Slim, but they are there.

2 Likes

I had sex 6 days before I was “supposed” to be fertile, and I got pregnant. I wasn’t tracking with ovulation tests or my natural fluids lol, but im guessing I am fertile a couple days sooner than my app would say.

You can get pregnant anytime you have sex …there’s always a chance

17 Likes

Flo was way off on my ovulation days. If you want to get an idea of when you actually ovulate I’d get the test strips and do it that way

2 Likes

Well if you do get pregnant I bet it’s a girl

4 Likes

Currently pregnant🤦 i used flo & we go based off when it says im fertile & avoid having sex those days. Well apparently their info was wrong or my body just ovulated 2 weeks late & now im pregnant with twins at that🤣

5 Likes

I had sex 2 times in one month. Once on day 8 of my month and once right before my cycle. I got pregnant.

1 Like

You can only get pregnant when your ovulating… they give you a week considering sperm can survive for 5 day’s but the chances are very slim. The chances get higher each day closer to your ovulation date. If you don’t have unprotected sex from here forward I’m pretty sure you’ll be good.

1 Like

The flo predictions for ovulation are not 100% accurate. It’s a guess based on when the average woman ovulates in her cycle. You could ovulate sooner or later than that. But you won’t know unless you take the tests needed to determine your ovulation window.

1 Like

You can get pregnant while on your period so a lot of possibilities.

3 Likes

Some information for everyone: There is only a 30 percent chance of pregnancy on the fertile day. Sperm can live in the body for 3-5 days. The egg, once released, only lives for 24 hours. On average ovulation happens 14 days before your next period, but can fluctuate.

Your likelihood is super low.

4 Likes

50/50 chance. It either happens or doesn’t

1 Like

I dont know why anyone who would laugh at this. But there is certainly a chance. My one and only pregnancy was when I wasn’t “fertile”.

1 Like

Sperm can live for up to 5 days inside you. Therefore, if the sperm is still alive when you ovulate there is a chance you could get pregnant.

1 Like

One thing that many people including drs won’t tell you… just because you have sex on a fertile day the chances of pregnancy is low. The reason for this is sperm can live in your body up to 5 days so you have those 5 days leading up to your fertile day

1 Like

No the sperm will say oh it’s not her fertile days yet y’all hold on :roll_eyes::joy::woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

I’ve gotten pregnant during my period so you can get pregnant any time in your cycle. Get on bc if you don’t want to get pregnant or abstain from sex. Use condoms.

5 Likes

Using the rhythm method cannot accurately predict your cycle. Tracking your Fertility is the only way to accomplish that. Take your temp and monitor mucous.

I use Billings method because I’m on medication that changes my body temp. It’s a mucous only method. Not as accurate but it’s better than nothing.

So the truth is you don’t ovulate by a calender. You can ovulate anywhere in your cycle and those "fertile days " are just a guesstimate on average cycles.

3 Likes

You can get pregnant any day of the month doesn’t matter if you are ovulating or whatever. It CAN happen anyday

What educational answer speak to your ob

2 Likes

I’d personally say there is a slim chance but if it were me and I didn’t want to be get/be pregnant, I’d take Plan B. My ovulation days were dead on, and given the amount of time sperm can live, I would be nervous. Best of luck to you😊

The reason why they say u can get pregnant any day is Becuz sperm live for 5 days so if u had sex and it’s still within the 5 days and it happens to be fertile days coming up then yes of course u can be preggers.

1 Like

You can get pregnant at anytime you are sexually active. Even with birth control being used.

1 Like

If you have unprotected sex at ANY time you can get pregnant. Ask me…I am 25 weeks with a little boy and according to tracking cycles and what not, I wasn’t anywhere close to ovulation time. :wink::grimacing:

1 Like

Period apps arent very reliable. But you have to be in your fertile window for there to be a chance of pregnancy. And if youre not actually tracking with bbt or opks you won’t know when that actually is

1 Like

You have to be close to ovulation (sperm lives up to 6 days) or actively ovulating to get pregnant. Some of yall need to take sex ed… there has to be an egg dropped in order to get pregnant :woman_facepalming: thats what ovulation is

1 Like

Wow! Get birth control! Always use a condom! Get spermicide before sex! Use the morning after pill! That is my advice to all of girls! Yes they are on Birth Control! Always Always use back up ! after back up ! after back up ! Use all 4 ! Unprotected sex?? Wow!! Just saying as a mom! Protect yourself.

1 Like

I got pregnant when it was 4 days before my fertile window!

Well I wasn’t even suppose to be ovulating but I did and here I am 8 weeks pregnant :woman_shrugging: your body does what it wants :joy:

1 Like

It is possible. Sperm is estimated to be able to generally live inside of you 4-5 days and those apps aren’t concrete since people can ovulate a few days early or late or even more if their cycle isn’t regular.

Go see an OB for education on birth control and condoms if you don’t wanna get pregnant :joy::woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

2 Likes

Ovulation trackers are just a guess. You can be fertile outside of the range listed, they’re usually just an “average” of what women’s cycles are. Yours can be different. Sperm can also live inside for several days. There is definitely a chance, no matter how small if you were past your cycle or possibly even at the end of it.

1 Like

Very slim sperm can live up to 5 days inside you but it’s not likely. You should be tracking your ovulation with more than just an algorithm on an app.

If you’re using an app. Don’t trust it. Pregnancy with both mine were not on fertile days” according to my multiple apps. I’m due this November with the second

If you’re looking for perfect statistics you’re not going to get it. Every woman is different and any “educated response” you get on this from someone will be in the form of a PERFECT menstrual cycle every month. That’s nearly impossible. Most women are a day or two off from their last period if not weeks because they have irregular periods. The answer is, yeah you could get pregnant, depending on what your cycles are usually like. I got pregnant and used the Flo app and I was nowhere near my fertile days :woman_shrugging:t2: And just because you have a “most fertile” day doesn’t mean you aren’t fertile before and after that day. You can also get pregnant the day after your period. Don’t have unprotected sex in hopes an app is going to save you. You never know when your egg is going to drop and you’re gonna be ovulating. Stress and hormones impact your cycle.

4 Likes

You can only get pregnant if during ovulation you’re dropping an egg. Can’t get pregnant otherwise.

Yes sperm can live in you for over a week

Not everyone ovulates in the middle of their cycle. Unless you’ve taken ovulation predictor tests, you honestly have no idea when your body actually ovulates.

4 Likes

Those trackers are based on averages the human body however is far from average. Anytime you have unprotected sex there is a chance of pregnancy. If you don’t want to get pregnant always use protection.

Sperm can live about 5 days so technically yes you could. You can get pregnant when it’s not your “most fertile day”

2 Likes

Depends on when you actually ovulate. The app predicts when it’s likely but can vary a lot. So it’s possible if you ovulate early in your cycle.

Flo laughing at woman trying to use the rhythm method according to her app… ps 30 weeks pregnant with my Flo Rhythm baby :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

All those apps are based on if your body is perfect and everything. My body is sporadic sometimes I ovulate during my period or when I should ovulate. All depends

Call your doctor for an “educated” guess, or even Google :woman_shrugging:t2: there is NO way to tell. You can ovulate early, late or on time. So… don’t be silly wrap his willy. Or birth control if you don’t want to get pregnant. Oh and a little insight… the pullout method DOES NOT WORK.

3 Likes

Semen can live for up to 10 days.

The apps are a predicted guess on when you ovulate, you may have ovulated already or not yet. But they all it fertile days because yes it is a very high chance you can be pregnant

1 Like

It depends when you ovulate. Do you actually ovulate on the days it says you do. As for getting pregnant chances are as it says sorry there is no concrete yes or no, just maybe. Sperm can last several days inside so have sex every day that says you have a slim chance to the day of and even a few days afterwards. Those apps aren’t 100% accurate and to get that you’d have to do more work than just using an app

I use flo and I didn’t get pregnant until my blue ovulation week. I didn’t use it before I wasn’t pregnant I downloaded when I got pregnant to see how long I was when I put on my period information it indicated I got pregnant on my most fertile day

You went to Facebook for a “educated” answer on odds of you getting pregnant …that is the funniest thing I have read all week

4 Likes

Those trackers are just a guesstimate. And sperm can live inside of you for up to a week. No one can give you anything better than “yeah, you COULD get pregnant right now” unless you know for sure when you’re ovulating.

You can get pregnant anytime (yes, even during your period although it is very unlikely but it does happen) We work in cycles so we have days when we are more fertile but truth is even though some days in your cycle you are less fertile there’s always a chance it can happen…

My advice would be stop having unprotected sex. Take a plan B.

1 Like

Does the app tell you what days you can get herpes gonorrhea syphilis or aids? Just wondering

5 Likes

Yep!!! Unless you are tracking with ovulation tests the apps are just giving you an average. Every woman is different when she ovulates but they say around 14 just as the common one. I know this last time I got pregnant I ovulated 3 or 4 days earlier than my normal and if I wasn’t using ovulation tests I never would have known.

1 Like

Sperm can live inside you for up to 5-7 days, but technically you can only actually get pregnant when you are ovulating. If you are not ovulating you can’t get pregnant because there is no egg to fertilize.

2 Likes

App predictors are not super accurate, if you are not actually paying attention to what your cervix is doing etc you could be ovulating way earlier or later than what the predictor says…it is based on averages and not everyone is average. Also Sperm can live for several days so between those two things yes you could get pregnant.

Those trackers are just best guess, based on your periods. HOWEVER, the smallest thing can throw off your cycle. Diet, hormones, stress, literally anything. Then sperm can live for a few days after sex. So say you have unprotected sex, and you ovulate 3 days later; you can still conceive from the sex 3 days previous.

So yes its possible.

1 Like

Short answer…yes it’s possible.

1 Like

So you have a chance of getting pregnant even if you don’t have sex on your fertile day. Sperm can live in you for up to 5 days. You’ll still get pregnant on your fertile day when your egg is released. The sperm “hangs around” until an egg is released and it can fertilize it. If that makes sense? I’m bad at explaining things lol

1 Like

I hope you know who the father is!!!:woman_shrugging:t4::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I had sex 3 or 4 days before i ovulated and got pregnant. But i also had a baby 4 months previous so i was fertile as hell

I mean if you want an educated answer you might want to speak to a doctor, not ask a bunch of people on Facebook. Just sayin

17 Likes

I had sex 7 days before I ovulated, and I still got pregnant.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t depend on an app for anything like this.

4 Likes

No one can give you an educated answer because everyones bodies are so different. I personally can fell when i ovulate. I ovulate anywhere from 5 days before my period to 5 days after. Never at the 2 week mark like most. My youngest i actually concieved 3 days after my menstral cycle

5 Likes

Ovulation trackers are not exact. The only way to know for sure when you ovulate and when your fertile days are is by tracking your basal temperature or using ovulation testing kits.

Yes it’s possible. Sperm can live inside you for up to five six days. Not all women ovulate at the same time. And an app isn’t really accurate at predicting ovulation. If you don’t want to get pregnant don’t have unprotected sex. You’ll know soon enough.

3 Likes

Sperm generally lasts 5-7days so yes it is possible for you to get pregnant

1 Like

Sperm can stay for up to 10 days if strong enough, so there is the chance to get pregnant

Sperm can live inside of you for a short period, the apps are merely estimating based on the information you’ve given them and drs can’t always make exact predictions. I’ve conceived inside and outside my “fertile days” hell I got pregnant with an IUD and then again roughly 4 months after I gave birth. Plan B’s aren’t always guaranteed to stop a pregnancy. Condoms, spermicide, birth control don’t always work. And you can get pregnant from pre cum if he doesn’t finish inside you.

My period was always irregular… either a week early or a week late for solid 4-6 months…My flo said I was “low chance of pregnancy” and period was due in 4 days “knowing that this period was gonna be late” so I had unprotected sex with my partner thinking I was safe…period ended up being 13days late … we now have a beautiful 3week old baby girl

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant before your fertile days? - Mamas Uncut

Sperm can live up to 5-6 days in your uterus

5 Likes

U can get pregnant ANYTIME!

8 Likes

I got pregnant relying on this app 🤷

2 Likes

I understand your need for an exact answer to your question, however, I don’t believe there is one.
A woman can get pregnant at any time. A good friend of mine fell pregnant 2 days after her period, I’ve heard of other similar stories.
So sorry but I don’t think there is a precise answer to your question.

7 Likes

U can get pregnant, any time! Even on ur period

1 Like

Not everyone ovulates 2 weeks after their period, your body does it’s own thing so there isn’t a definite yes or no

I had my period and got pregnant a week later

1 Like

While trying to get pregnant my ob told me the best odds are to have as much sex as possible the 7 days after my period. It worked. So depends on where are in schedule.

There is a window of most fertile. But we can get pregnant at anytime.

Nope…you ovulate once per month and only time to conceive

2 Likes

No u have to ovulate

I got pregnant with this stupid app telling me one thing and mind you I was late on my ovulation… the best recommendation is use birth control safe way 99.9 unless you want to raise a baby :pregnant_woman:👩🏽‍🍼:woman_shrugging:t4:

The tracker is more of a “rough estimate” as not every woman’s cycle is the same. It could be off by several days either direction. Also, sperm can live for a few days so even if you are before your “most fertile” window, it is completely possible to get pregnant still. So in short, yes you could absolutely have gotten pregnant from unprotected sex prior to when your app says you’re likely most fertile.

4 Likes

Depends on what type of mucus are you experiencing now. As it gets thinner and stretches, ovulation is not far away.

2 Likes

Have you tested your fertile days previously so that you know the info the app is telling you is correct? Thats the only way to accurately know your fertile days. An app is just an estimate/guide.

If the tracker times are right Almost zero chance

1 Like

Mine has been mostly correct with the app. The fertile window are the green dots are a guesstimate of when you need to start having sex to get pregnant whereas the flower icon is supposed to be the day you ovulate. My body however has been weird asf since the last time I had a baby so I purchased ovulation tests to kinda determine when I actually am. Also, this is only accurate IF you’re the standard 28 days and 14 days for luteal phase. I have mine set to tell me based on my cycles.

It’s possible 2 get pregnant at any time it’s just not as likely unless ur ovulating.

4 Likes

Yes. That’s just an average

The apps just guess when you’re fertile based on halfway between periods, but you can ovulate closer to the start or end of your cycle so don’t rely on the apps alone. If you have sex on your ovulation day and you’re in your prime, you have about a 20-25% chance so I’d say a day outside of your true fertile period would be significantly less than that… But if you don’t know for sure when you ovulate, ask a doctor.