Can you get pregnant so soon after a miscarriage?

I was going through a miscarriage about a week ago and was about 8 or 9 weeks. I lost the placenta 6/23 and had my HCG levels rechecked 6/30 and were at 253. I was told to wait to try for another baby after I had a period. I had unprotected sex 7/3, just wondering if you can get pregnant when you still have HCG in your blood or how soon you’ve gotten pregnant after a miscarriage!

1 Like

That all depends on you. I did but mine was a chemical.

1 Like

I had a miscarriage I believe may or late june and pregnant by early july. Did beta test until my hormone levels were at 0 and pregnant after

Might be a twin baby unless they did an ultrasound but usually you don’t find out until 12 weeks if your having twins

I had a miscarriage in March and then got pregnant in April. I’m 17 weeks now.

I had a miscarriage in February and got pregnant in march am 19 weeks today. So very quickly lol

I had one at the end of February 2018…
Found out I was pregnant in April 2018!

I miscarried twins last year, one in Sept and the other 10 days later in oct… I didn’t pass everything on my own and ended up having a suction d and c the next week… I actually ended up conceiving again 3 days after my d and c… They told me it would be better to have a period before we started trying again for tracking conception purposes… I had no idea id ovulate that fast cause it can take some people months… I didn’t believe it at first, I just thought it was wishful thinking, I was so desperate for a baby… But I was wrong… I found out I was pregnant the day before my d and c was a month out… I’m currently 38 weeks pregnant with my miracle baby… Everything has been great this time around, it can just make your conception date off by a bit if you dont have a period inbetween

5 Likes

I had a miscarriage and 1 month later i was pregnant.

I got pregnant ten days after my miscarriage :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s possible

2 Likes

I had a miscarriage dec of 2016 found out April 2027 I was expecting again. It depends on your body. My dr didn’t want me trying until my hcg was 0 Again

1 Like

You can ovulate and become pregnant as soon as two weeks after a miscarriage.

It took me 6 months after my miscarriage.

If your very fertile you can

I lost a baby at 5 months prego with the baby and went in to my 5 months gender reveal and found out the baby’s heart had stopped so I had a dnc the next day that way 11 years ago and got pregnant 5 weeks after my dnc surgery so yes you can get prego right after a miscarriage

I had a miscarriage in 2012. Exactly 2 weeks later my numbers were 0 and my husband and I had sex. 2 weeks after that I got a positive pregnancy test. Our daughter is 7 :slight_smile:

I found it easier to get pregnant right after my last miscarriage and I kept this pregnancy (so far at 30 weeks ) after 2 miscarriages in a row . The first time around I waited and it took forever to conceive again and that one ended in a miscarriage also. I read more a possibility of keeping if you get pregnant right afterwards :woman_shrugging:t2:

I had a miscarriage 5/14 at 4w3d and I got pregnant again after my following period. I am now 4w5d this time around. Sending you positive thoughts through this :pray:t2:

1 Like

I had a miscarriage once july 27th and found out I was pregnant October 31st that year. So I say yes its very possible…it was 10 years ago my son is 9 so I don’t really remember if I had a period in between. You’re actually more susceptible to pregnancy at this time as your body is already in pregnancy mode…

I got pregnant while still having a miscarriage. Wasn’t even a week.

Yes. I miscarried. Was pregnant the next month without a period. Then had a missed miscarriage :confused:

I had a miscarriage and 3 weeks later was pregnant. You’re very fertile after a miscarriage. Your body is ready.

I had a miscarriage around January the dr told me to keep on drinking my prenatal to cleanse my body from previous birth control and he told me to take folic acid and 3 months later I was pregnant again and had a healthy boy

1 Like

I had a miscarriage in March 2009 found out I was pregnant april 2009. My son is now 10 years old.

You’re extremely fertile after a misscarriage.

I had a miscarriage in July of 2016. We conceived my daughter a week or so later. Found out we were pregnant with her August of 2016.

Yep had a miscarriage may 30th. On June 16th I was pregnant

I had a miscarriage the end of October 2019 and got pregnant the beginning of November 2019

I got pregnant about 5 or 6 weeks after my miscarriage

I had a miscarriage back in October and then in November found out I was pregnant now I have a healthy 9 month old :slight_smile:

I fell pregnant 7 days after my miscarriage - successful pregnancy (she is 3 months old)

I miscarried twice in 3 months…after that I stopped trying because I lost 5 babies in total…but I have 2 miracle kiddos that made it through…I hope you have a better chance :two_hearts:

1 Like

I got pregnant very soon after. Probably only weeks apart

I miscarried August 2019 and found out September 30 2019 I was pregnant again. Baby girl is now almost 6 weeks old and healthy

Ok so I recently went through this! I miscarried May 22 of this year and I took a test on June 20th and got a fast positive! And I went to get blood work done to make sure it wasn’t left over of my miscarriage but my numbers were rising fast so I know it’s a new pregnancy but I’m terrified of if this one will stick since I didn’t wait a cycle but I also wasn’t told it’s wise to do that til after I messaged my OB saying I think I’m pregnant… then she told me that. I was very furious. But based on my hcg levels I should have been 5-6 weeks on June 24th which doesn’t make sense because that means I got pregnant the day of my miscarriage…

Had to have a dnc March 8th 2017 baby passed away inside n my body wouldn’t reject baby… and got pregnant early May. The difference is I went on birth control right after n still got pregnant was on it for an entire month n still got pregnant. My dr always says wait at least 2 cycles to make sure everything is on track. Your body also might not ovulate with the hcg hormones in your system

My sister was pregnant and miscarried and then got pregnant a month after she had the d&c.

I did. My rainbow baby is 16. I was 5 weeks when I miscarried. He was born early but healthy. 5lbs 8 oz. 18 1/4 inches. My doctor told me that my hormone levels were different right after a miscarriage, and it actually made me more likely to become pregnant again.

I got pregnant immediately following a miscarriage. So soon they weren’t sure my son was a new pregnancy so they did an ultrasound and there he was. BTW he turns 6 year old in 2 weeks and it was a very healthy and successful pregnancy.

I had a miscarriage early December! Found out I was pregnant late February

I miscarried at 4 weeks 3 days on Mother’s Day weekend and my sons conception date is somewhere around the beginning of June/end of May. Although I have an in telling me it wasn’t 2 separate pregnancies but I lost his twin

1 Like

I had a miscarriage and became pregnant the next month

Reading these comments breaks my heart. Hugs to all of you strong af women.

Right away it has happened for myself and several friends

Miscarriage last March fell again July had an ectopic August fell again Oct had a healthy little boy

Had a miscarriage in December, by june i was pregnant…

I got pregnant three times this year. One right after the other. Miscarried them all. The last leading to a d&c, which was very rough. It’s too heartbreaking to go through it like that. Trust me, I know. So please wait a few cycles unlike me. I’m now in my waiting period before trying again. I’m being tested for a blood clotting disorder that I may have developed since my daughter 4 years ago. That’s something to think about too, a blood panel.

1 Like

Miscarried in September of '16 at 9w5d and was pregnant by January. He’s almost 3 now

I had 5 miscarriages between my two oldest in one year my dr always said wait 3 months In between i was also told I couldn’t have any more children after my first child I have 5 healthy kids ages 11 to 25 !

2 weeks after miscarriage

Within weeks,
I got pregnant last year and miscarried in May, was pregnant again very soon after… Now our child is four months old…

I lost a baby dec 23rd feel pregnant the following febuary 20th.

Miscarried last year of February & got pregnant 2 months later

I miscarried in October, took me a full month to ovulate again (I was tracking), I ended up pregnant again. I’m now almost 36 weeks

I was pregnant last July. Lost it on the 14th. Conceived my daughter 2 weeks later and was born at the end of April this year perfectly healthy.

1 Like

Ouch!
Be kind to yourself and let your body heal.
When I had my miscarriage, the dr advised to wait at least a month, just so your body can regulate itself.
If your levels are still 253, then you haven’t completely “ dispelled “ everything. It technically means you are still “ pregnant “ and are in the process of miscarrying… so you can’t “ get pregnant “ if you already are. Hope that makes sense xx

Im sorry you lost your baby. I’m going through something similar I lost mine on 6/8 and they say to wait after the first period but if you ovulate before your period then you should be able to. I think it’s more to clear out the old blood from having the miscarriage.

It is possible because your body is still ready for a baby. I would use condoms until you are ready and your body has recovered. I am sorry for your loss, though. It is a very hard thing to go through, and I hope you have better luck when you’re ready for the next try. :green_heart:

i had a miscarriage early september 2015 & fell pregnant with my daughter couple weeks later. & again had a d&c for blighted ovum in june 2017 & fell pregnant with my son in the july. it is possible & actually after miscarriages you are more fertile apparently.

My oldest is here because of this exact situation. I had a DnC and was pregnant before my next period. We weren’t told there was a chance of pregnancy so close after a miscarriage. I will say it wasn’t an easy pregnancy, especially emotionally. But boy am I so happy to have him!

3 Likes

I had a miscarriage and got pregnant very soon after. She was a healthy baby and now turning 10 soon. I wouldnt fret too much about it. It is best to let your body heal but our body is amazing and can suprise us with how durable it truly is.

1 Like

It often takes up to two weeks for HCG to go back to zero~if it was 253 on 6/30~highly unlikely you would conceive on 7/3

My niece got pregnant shortly after she had a miscarriage and she had a healthy baby boy.

I’m 2012 I had a miscarriage on August 5th and got pregnant right away. My son was born May 10 2013. If you back track I would have gotten pregnant within a week of my miscarriage.

Well that’s tricky, I’m sure you CAN, but it’s not wise to especially hearing that advice from your doctor, like I CAN get pregnant on antirejection meds, but its strongly advised against

In 1990 I miscarried on Dec 5 and got pregnant again on Dec 20 and carried to term.

3 Likes

I had a miscarriage in April and was told to wait to try again until after my next period but you can get pregnant as soon as your body ovulates again. My dr advisedwaiting mostly for ease of tracking

I miscarried and was pregnant a week and a half later. He was carried to term.

2 Likes

This is information you should get from your doctor.

4 Likes

I had a miscarriage in July and got pregnant in September

I miscarried June of 2016 and got pregnant in October of 2016, carried to full term and now he will be turning 3 years old.

2 Likes

Yes I did and led into my 4 year old now…

While its possible. You should wait until you have at least 1 normal cycle before trying again to decrease your chances of a recurrent miscarriage.

1 Like

Yes it is very possible!!

Also you need to let your body heal from the miscarriage even before sex…when i had my miscarriage doc told me to wait at least 3 wks b4 having sex

4 Likes

Miscarried 12/10-15… conceived my son on 12/25 (10 days later) *a VERY Merry Christmas!:wink:
Great pregnancy resulting in a beautiful and healthy baby boy born on September 16th!:blue_heart:

1 Like

A miscarriage is called a “spontaneous abortion”. If it’s an act of god then god murdered your child.

1 Like

U can but if it’s ur intention to plan a pregnancy so soon it’s not a good idea health wise give ur body a chance to recover and heal. But many still do well

1 Like

Yes I had a miscarriage and I got pregnant right after. Doctor told me to wait a month before trying again but I didn’t.

1 Like

I had a miscarriage June 2018 (at 5 weeks), found out I was pregnant again July 2018. I got pregnant like 2 weeks after my miscarriage.

MC May 18
Pregnant April 18

At my follow up post MC they told me it was fine to try for the next round, possibly even better(was only 5 weeks or so) and we didn’t believe them… got pregnant first go :woman_shrugging:t3: baby dust to you!

I did 3 months after.

I had a miscarriage a few years back and the next month got pregnant. He’s now 3. I also had mirena taken out a year before and it took me that long to get pregnant.

I just found out I lost my baby this morning :cry: I’m struggling to even think about if I want to try again. How the hell do you get past the pain because I just feel like I want to die :sob::sob:

1 Like

I had a miscarriage in August and found out in December I was pregnant again

After giving birth or miscarrage you are extra fertile.

Lost one and got pregnant 6 months after. Depends on your body

My midwife told me to wait the amount of weeks I was pregnant before starting to try again. It’s not that you can’t get pregnant earlier you probably could it’s just harder on your body

I got pregnant before I actually miscarried.

Well I got lucky had a miscarriage in April of 2017. My rainbow was conceived May12th and born January 31, 2018

I had a miscarriage at the hospital(ectopic)and then never had another period after that. Thought it was weird and took a pregnancy test which wAs positive. OB said it was just leftover HCG but it felt different. Went to get an ultrasound and there was a baby! I got pregnant right away

It took my husband and I six months after my miscarriage to get pregnant again. Now I’m 21 weeks with our sweet rainbow baby boy! Good luck to you, wishing you and your family nothing but the best! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How about asking your doctor?

I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks 6/2012 and found out i was pregnant again 8/2012. Condoms were being used because doctors tell you to let your body heal before trying again. Lost the baby at 10 weeks(9/2012).

I had a miscarriage and a month letter was pregnant again.

1/18/18 lost my angel 9/18/18 found out I was pregnant with my rainbow baby❤

Had a miscarriage Jan 20th, 2002. Got pregnant again with my rainbow baby in March after a normal “cycle”. She is now a beautiful healthy 17 year old girl. It can happen but don’t rush it. Your future baby will be born according to his or her own life plan. Good luck!

Yes. It will be considered a rainbow baby. I have a rainbow baby. He’s 16 now. I miscarriage on Nov 21 02 and got prego again in March following year. They say to wait 6 months after Miscarriage. Also you are very fertile after one too. You may become high risk due to the miscarriage. That’s just to be careful.

1 Like

I " had" a miscarriage in early Jan of 1993, didnt have sex but ended up pregnant 2 weeks later ( was still light bleeding, spotting) drs explanation it must have been a hidden twin?? Had a healthy baby girl that sept.

Was so sad after my miscarriage I had in December didn’t get pregnant again for 7 months had a beautiful healthy baby boy :blue_heart: