Can you get pregnant the day after your period?

Has anyone gotten pregnant right after their period? Like the day after? I was under the impression that you couldn’t get pregnant until you were two weeks past your period but I just took a test and it was positive and I only hooked up with someone the day after my period last month…wondering if I could possibly be further along somehow…

4 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you get pregnant the day after your period?

You can get pregnant at any time, your period is no indication of when you ovulated, some women can go without periods and still ovulate.

7 Likes

Dig this: It’s important to remember that sperm can sometimes survive in the body for up to 7 days after you have sex.

This means it may be possible to get pregnant soon after your period finishes if you ovulate early, especially if you have a naturally short menstrual cycle.

If you have like the most regular perfect 28 day cycle in theory no you can’t…

But unless you’ve been tracking ovulation for months and know the date of ovulation there’s no way for us to answer.

You actually ovulate 7 to 14 days after the first day of your period so yes. Very possible

2 Likes

Yes. Normally we ovulate between day 11-16, and sperm can live for 5 days waiting for an egg. That’s how I got pregnant, due in January. Surprise!!!

Yeah because it happened to me :rofl:

Yes. Sperm can survive for 5 days inside.

I got pregnant day I ended my period. Had spotting in the morning and was done by afternoon. That night we had our fun. 4 weeks later pregnant. And it was the only time it would have happened. So yes yes you can.

Sperm can live inside you for up to 5 days. When your period starts, call this the beginning of your cycle. By the time it ends let’s say its day 3, so you have set on day 4 and they’re in there until day 9. You generally ovulate between day 8 and 15. Bam, baby

technically, probablly not, practically though sperm will live in the there for normally 5 days but in some cases up to 10, so yes.

I got pregnant literally while on my period. Ended in molar pregnancy but definitely possible.

That’s how my son came to be lol he was conceived on the last day of my period

You can get pregnant anytime. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I missed my period for a month and still got pregnant🤷🏼‍♀️

Happened to me when i was 18 :sweat_smile: