Can you have sex before your 6 week check postpartum check up?

Has anyone had sex before their six-week pp check-up after they had their baby?

50 Likes

You can but the advice is there for a reason. You’re body needs time to heal and you could open yourself up to infection that could come with many other problems. Each to their own but I don’t think it’s worth the risk of infection or pregnancy.

Yes, & had another baby 9 months later.

We had sex 3 1/2 post partum…it wasn’t bad, just extremely uncomfortable. Would highly recommend waiting until atleast 5 weeks!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can you have sex before your 6 week check postpartum check up? - Mamas Uncut

U shouldn’t. They tell u to wait for a reason u run the risk of major infection!

22 Likes

Every single kid I’ve had

1 Like

Wanna get pregnant again? That’s prime fertile time.

21 Likes

You have a gaping open wound inside your uterus from your placenta. You definitely don’t want an infection or to hemorrhage. You might feel ok on the outside but the inside is definitely not healed regardless of c-section or vaginal birth.

42 Likes

Yes just be careful that’s the most fertile time

5 Likes

My youngest is 7 month and I’ve had it once since I had her and that was only about a month ago!
After my first I didn’t have it for about a year and half​:joy::joy:

14 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend it. it’s a murder scene afterwards. But if you ever wanted to then Always be protected unless you want another baby straight away and be careful of infections x

Who would want to have sex right after giving birth? :woozy_face:

I don’t even know why it’s on the mind after pushing out a 9 pound baby

13 Likes

I waited 3.5 weeks after my oldest
1.5 weeks after my youngest. No I did not end up pregnant nor get an infection.

No. Its not recommended.

7 Likes

Depends on the individual I think, some do some don’t… although prime time for another pregnancy & running a risk of a big infection but lots do and also loads choose to wait.

2 Likes

My ex forced me 2 weeks after and it was horrible and painful. I wouldn’t. There are other things you can do without putting anything inside you to still feel sexual pleasure. And doctors say not to do it. Never had a doc say “it’s ok” I have had 3 children.

7 Likes

My obgyn said i was okay after 2wks and i got an infection after my first baby. So after that i have always waited 6wks+

My friend got caught immediately when she had sex after her little one. They do say 6 weeks to let everything get back to normal and to stop infections that could cause permanent damage. I had stitches so it was months before I had sex again. X

No… you have a huge wound inside of you… you’re told 6 weeks for a reason

5 Likes

Thats how my kids are 11 months apart lol

7 Likes

That is how you end up with babies 10 mo apart.
You need time to heal. Do Not feel guilty or allow yourself to be coerced.

4 Likes

You can. I did. But it’s best to let your body heal without putting anything in it. The 6 weeks is a crucial healing process for the inside of your body. But to each their own! I did every time.

2 Likes

Is sex worth risking getting an infection and leaving your child without a mother?

It wouldn’t be recommended if that wasn’t your best option.
It’s honestly not that long.

2 Likes

So answers of strangers online is more valuable than your doctor?!!

7 Likes

Yeah and I got pregnant :pregnant_woman: again!!

3 Likes

I had sex 4.5-5 weeks after I delivered . Before my 6 week check up. Hormones were crazy… it def hurt more than normal and I realized I should’ve waited a little longer, but no super long lasting side effects or anything terrible happening .

People do but I wouldn’t. If you had a c-section then I would wait a month or more. It actually takes almost 6 months for your body to heal after giving birth. I waited 6 months after my daughter was born.

4 Likes

My ob gyn told me as long as I wasn’t bleeding anymore I should be fine, but make sure to use protection because you’re fertile as heck. Bleeding needs to stop to prevent infection. My ex would throw a fit if I didn’t the longest he would wait was a week. Barely. I’m so lucky I never got an infection and thankfully after our 3rd bc of the medicine I had in hospital to get me to stop bleeding I wasn’t bleeding anymore but he didnt care if I was bleeding or not. Of course ask your doctor. I asked mine and that was his advice.

2 Likes

It depends on you if you want to risk it

You should wait, but I did the day after and I’m still alive lol

6 Likes

Can you? Sure.
Should you? No.

You have an open wound the size of a dinner plate on your uterus…

11 Likes

You can but you shouldn’t. You can get an infection so easy. But I did before the six weeks were up.

What did your doctor say? I’d listen to a medical professional before Facebook. They know best.
You are at risk of pregnancy, infection etc…
there are alternatives to sex during that short six weeks.

Yes you can but you can definitely also end up like me and find out your pregnant at that 6 week check up :grimacing:

1 Like

I did… We waited 10 days🥴

yep, that’s how my 2 boys are 10 mos apart! lol lessons learned!

I have 5 kids never waited 6 weeks.

Just Don’t, it’s a really bad idea. Infection is horrible.

1 Like

The placenta leaves a hole that needs to heal just blow your man or whatever else and let your body heal. They say it could lead to infection if we don’t wait.

2 Likes

Yup and just had my baby from it :rofl:

1 Like

Go ahead. Make sure you update us with your next due date :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I mean, you can…. But it might not feel very good, you have a huge gaping wound, and you’re fertile AF…. Soooo it could hurt, it could cause problems, and you could have another baby in 9 months or less…. I’m not sure any lay is worth all that jazz :joy::joy::joy: I did it with my first, And i lived but it wasn’t awesome and I panicked about having another kid for the rest of the six weeks :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

i dont know how yall had the “urge” for sex after popping out a consequence from sex!!! heck no… I didnt want my hubby touching me after I had my son… but no seriously give your body time to heal. but at the same time you gana do what you want anyways. :sweat_smile::metal:

I had sex 5 weeks in, everything was healed. You just have to use your best judgment and read your body!

8 weeks postpartum, no problem

After I had my first I had sex at 4 weeks pp an I ended up with 2 boys exactly 11 months & 3 weeks :joy::joy::joy:

keep your legs closed… hahaha lady… it’s for your own uterus good. heal gurll heal!!!

3 Likes

I waited 6 weeks but it’s honestly because I wasn’t feeling up to it before then :woman_shrugging:t2: plus I bled for 4 of those weeks​:joy:

I wanted to make sure I was good just cause I had a c section too, so I was so worried I was going to hurt myself :woman_facepalming:t2: you do what you think is best, just be careful and use lube! A woman’s got needs too​:tipping_hand_woman:t2:

Y’all are crazy I’m 2 months pp with our 3rd and have absolutely no desire to be touched😬

2 Likes

Yes, don’t do it!!! You WILL get pregnant, again!

1 Like

Ya and his name is leo

8 Likes

Definitely! We will call you- parent of 2…with ten months between births.

1 Like

I did at 3 weeks, but I was done bleeding and didnt tear … my kids are now going to be 10 months apart :woman_facepalming:t2: it’s not recommended though, due to risk of infection and letting your body heal. It’s really your own person decision though… whatever you are ready for and most comfortable with!!

4 Likes

Why do that?? They tell u to wait for a reason. U can get infections, pregnant way more easily, and tear. So many reasons to wait six weeks

5 Likes

Yeahhhh. But be warned. My two girls are 10 months apart because of this

3 Likes

Yes. One time. I was pregnant at my checkup

As long as you’re aren’t bleeding I have only had sex 4 weeks after delivering

Twins would be easier, honestly.

Not to sound rude or anything but am just curious. What could possibly make you want to do it earlier? For me, even at 6 weeks, my insides were still ‘mashy’ and even the thought of it made me very anxious.

Yes but don’t be pressured. Do it when you feel ready. Because though because you have a big scab healing on the inside so infection is always a possible result. Also I have two that are 11 months apart :blush:.

1 Like

If you’re goofy go ahead

4 Likes

don’t 🤦🏽‍♀ why risk it? medical professionals tell u to wait for good reason.

4 Likes

You can get a really really bad infection that could be deadly. Also your super super fertile. And you have a wound that was the size of a dinner plate inside your body. If your husband/boyfriend is pressuring you do not feel obligated to have sex if you are not ready. He has a hand to take care of it if he can’t wait. Plus there might be intense pain

I did end up pg again my 2 kids are exactly 10 month 1 day apart one day 15 other day 16

Yep and got pregnant, would not advise

I waited 8 weeks with my last kiddo just to be sure! :joy::joy:

You could, but it’s not a good idea. Wait to make sure you’re completely healed first.

Go ahead let know how that works for you…

All imma say…Plate sized wound…:+1:

12 Likes

I’ve done it with all 3 pregnancies. I used a condom everytime so i didn’t have babies 10 months apart. I also was done bleeding by 3 weeks and had no tearing or stitches.

I did and almost died. I’d never do it again. I did at like 1 -2 weeks postpartum bc I did that with all my other kids but this time I didn’t get lucky. I got an infection in my uterus from intercourse and we’re both clean from everything, married, and used protection. I started to go down hill fast by the next week and was admitted to the hospital for two weeks on iv meds bc it was really bad.

4 Likes

I did both times. After first baby, big mistake. After 2nd, I was fine.

If your partner has any respect he will wait there more than two ways to skin a rabbit if you get my drift!

6 Likes

Yes! And now I have a singleton and a set of twins 10 months to the day apart!

1 Like

No I did it which tore stitches and gave me an infection

No do not. You have to heal inside. Doesn’t matter how you gave birth, c section or vaginal, stitches or no stitches, bleeding or not bleeding, feeling great or not… we ALL take 6 weeks to internally heal that huge dinner sized plate would inside the uterus. Nothing is to be inserted into the vagina, no tampons, nothing… for 6 weeks. There’s a nasty infection waiting to happen.

It’s really not a good idea, personally I didn’t really tear either but even after 6 weeks it was painful cause I had a small abrasion. Don’t let partners push you into it. Not say they are…oh but funny enough when you take it away because of health reasons it becomes hard for our spouses and partners to wait that long :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

People do, but you risk a massive infection that could turn into septic shock and be fatal. 🤷

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s how babies are born nine months apart.

3 Likes

Oh good grief. Take a cold shower.

5 Likes

Yep and immediately was pregnant with baby #2

3 Likes

Thinking about having sex when you just have a baby weeks ago?

I mean, you can BUT they tell you that for a reason! :woman_facepalming: Why even go to the doctor with the degree if you’d rather listen to Facebook doctors with no degree?! :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

Didn’t want him near me lol

4 Likes

There is a reason doctors say NOT to. Justbecausethe outside feels fine, you have a huge plate-sized injury on the inside that is trying to heal. They do not want u to get an infection.

4 Likes

Have 4 kids never waited the 6 weeks :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

12 days pp after 3rd, 10 days after 4th, 12 days after my 5th

I did. My babies are 10 months apart…JUST WAIT, heal up first.

4 Likes

Its not about being fine on the outside, it has to do with that you have a plate sized wound on the inside that needs time to properly heal. Look at it this way, if you get a deep cut on your arm, is your first instinct to go rub mud and dirt in it? By having sex before the 6 weeks you’re allowing possible harmful bacteria to get at that wound on your uterus. Give you’re body time to heal first.

I tried, but I was SO sore and tender down there, it was not at all enjoyable. He liked it tho :rofl::woman_shrugging:t3:

I waited 1 1/2 weeks after a csection.
Definitely don’t recommend unless you trust your body. Only you know if you’re ready/ feel okay enough

1 Like

I personally waited. I was still sore and my husband understood. This is where we were able to rebuild an emotional bound that changed with the birth of our third.

2 Likes

I did and my kids are ten months apart. Its a trap. Don’t do it

7 Likes

I mean I guess you could… higher risk of infection, your Va-jay is not healed completely, your uterus is still trying to go back into place and the check up is to make sure that is all happening properly. Why not talk to your doctor and tell he or she you can not wait that long and see what they say. Personally I would not and did not because let’s be honest I was not mentally or physically prepared for sex after pushing a baby out of my vagina just to let my man stick his penis up in there to stab around like pirates of the Caribbean’s Jack sparrow trying to get his damn boat back.

I couldn’t face anything like that after either of my boys birth.

I’m almost 4 weeks pp and I’m soo ready but I had a second degree tear so I can’t even if I wanted to :sweat:. I basically stopped bleeding a little bit before 2 weeks.

I work ob gyn… had lady pregnant at her 6wk postpartum visit… she had just had twins…

14 Likes

The doctors tell you to wait for a reason. You are still healing and are at risk of infection. Would wait until your doctor gives you the go ahead

8 Likes