Can you have sex before your 6 week check postpartum check up?

Starting to early lead to different kind of infection to the uterus and vagina. Is good to wait the recommended time

:rofl: I mean itā€™s best to wait but I also know how hard that can be. My doctor started telling me ā€œI know youā€™re not going to wait so be careful and listen to your bodyā€ :sweat_smile:
I waited 7 days after my first, 3 weeks after my 2nd(3rd degree tearšŸ˜¬) 8 days after my 3rd, and I donā€™t even know if we made it a week after my 4th. Lol
I didnā€™t have any issues but every person is different and their healing time varies. Six weeks is average, some heal faster and some slower. Personally, my bleeding completely stopped before I left the hospital with all four(Iā€™m aware this does not mean I was healed completely) and other than my 2nd I didnā€™t have tears or stitches. My doctor was also aware I was not going to wait and he made his recommendations and told me to trust my body. I did and was fine. I know others who were not.

1 Like

I mean, it will probably be fine. But if itā€™s not, youā€™ll be sorry. I would wait to be safe

Yep and got pregnant AGAIN :roll_eyes: I was 4 weeks pp

1 Like

Lol uhhh well. I had sex like 3 days after a csection. My doctor told me they recommend that you wait because it can cause infection but if you are safe (condom) then you would be alright. I guess itā€™s really just your choice. I didnā€™t continue to keep having sex every day though.

Listen to your doctor!

I had sex early my first pregnancy and it was the most horrible and worse feeling ever

I honestly think it depends on the woman. If you feel ready and are not in pain go for it! Just use protection because of risk of pregnancy and infection. We did after 5 weeks! I was more than ready.

1 Like

Sure they are called Irish twins!:joy:šŸ¤· doctor tells you to wait for many reasonsā€¦just wait!

I did but its VERY risky. Iā€™d wait a little longer and make sure youā€™re comfortable, everything is clean and go slow

1 Like

I did at 5 weeks :woman_shrugging:t2:but everyone heals different.

Its crazy to me that people even ask this. Just wait. Itā€™s not worth risking infection just for a few seconds of fun. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

My midwife told me when I felt ready. I never waited and I have 6 kids.

1 Like

OK, look at it this way - you have a wound the size of a dinner plate inside your womb where your placenta was attached.

Anything that enters your vagina could introduce infection to that wound.

Would you be rushing to have sex if you had a wound that size on the outside of your body??

Its not recommended. I didnā€™t wait and not only was it painful, I got pregnant again while on the pill. My babies are 11 months apart.

Talk to your doctor.

I did at 3weeks pp with all 4 of mine. If you do, just take it slow and easy the first few times. If it hurts even the slightest bit, definitely stop.

I did only a couple days after birth with my last, but obviously was extremely slow & cautious. I wouldnt tell anyone else to do it, but i didšŸ˜­. If you are going to do it, pay attention to any pain & know the risks. Its best to wait it out though

1 Like

Some people do but it is absolutely not recommended! You have a wound the size of a large dinner plate on the inside of your body! Allow it to heal!!
Iā€™ve also heard about Too many pregnancies and infections to risk it.
There are also many other ways of pleasure than penetration.

5 Likes

Why canā€™t people just listen, like come on, stop putting your entire life at risk for 2 minutes of fun timeā€¦ WAIT 6 WEEKS LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON WITH COMMON FREAKING SENSE.

16 Likes

Yep we didnā€™t wait and bam baby number 2 :rofl:

My midwife with my youngest child told me that the recommendation for going back to work, resuming having sex, or resuming any normal activity is always a recommendation, never a definite. I didnā€™t have sex after either of my girls for a long time, but I was left a single mom both times while pregnant and despised men :joy: however I did go back to for after only 2 weeks with my youngest. I just called my midwife and told her I felt ready. I went in and saw her, she cleared me for everything and I was on my way. Still went back for a 6 week appointment but all was well.

If this is your first child Iā€™d just be careful rushing in to stuff afterwards. Donā€™t hurt or overwhelm yourself

I got cleared after 3 weeks because I had a c-section with a premie
At 30weeks
I was in hospital for a total of 2 1/2weeks on bed rest with HBP/fluid retention and healing ā€œwith one of those weeks was before I gave birth due to ^^^ and pre-clampsia.ā€

Once I got home I started getting urges which I thought was weird but didnā€™t act on them till I spoke to my GP
On my third week c/u and she removed my bandage cause I was pretty much healed on the outside and gave me all clear to do anything but drive
When I asked about sex, she said it was okay. But not to go hard and when I asked why my urges were coming back, she said cause even though I had major surgery, my baby girl wasnā€™t the normal size of a Bub as she stopped growing at 29wks so they didnā€™t need to cut me open as wide or rearrange my insides as much, so my healing process ā€œstill suckedā€ but healed a lot quicker
Have only done it twice since she was born a month agoā€¦ mainly cause it fucking hurt and highly recommend lots of lube, patience and be gentle!!

I had sex 2 weeks after my youngest was born.

There is a reason they say to wait. Your body needs to heal. Listen to your doctors.

4 Likes

Yes and got pregnant before I even got a period. It wasnā€™t worth it.

Yepā€¦ Just listen to your body if it starts tellin you hell no we aint doin thisā€¦ Just remember youre most fertile in those weeks id also use protection to make sure no infection

Thereā€™s a reason they tell you to wait. Girl go take care of your kid and stop worrying about dick

I did it at 3 weeks pp with my last baby but I also didnā€™t need stitched or anything

1 Like

They literally tell you to wait because you have a big ass gaping hole on your uterus. Stupid as hell

Yea I did after baby number 1, my stitches come out and had to have them reā€¦done. After baby#2 I got pregnant again almost instantly which was horrible for my body it takes 2 yrs for your body to recover from a pregnancy and getting pregnant right after having a baby can be really tough on your body during and afterwardsā€¦but was then told the reason they recommend you not having sex before 6 weeks is to give your cervix time to completely closeā€¦that itā€™s a possibility of infection getting inside and causing issues. But I never had that just stitches coming out and then pregnancyā€¦guess it depends the women,the pain,and making sure to avoid any unwanted pregnancy baby # 3 and 4 I waited I actually waited for my tubial ligation after baby #4 and the recommended time after thatā€¦Iā€™m done with having babies lol

My babies were all planned. I only waited 2 weeks pp to go back to having sex. Use protection if you dont want to get pregnant.

A good friend of mine was having sex before she was even discharged from the hospital šŸ¤·šŸ¤· she only has 1 baby.

I did but would absolutely not recommend it

Why would you want to :joy: Jesus christ give your body time to heal

6 Likes

You can if you wanna get pregnant again :woman_shrugging:t3: or you can wait & let your body heal from giving birth. Even if u didnā€™t need stitches or anything like that ā€¦ the inside still has tiny cuts which is the gateway to bacteria which will lead to infection. Just wait till after doctor gives u the green light

3 Likes

Yes, you CAN. Itā€™s just not the best idea so ask yourself if you are willing to get an infection or be pregnant again? If the answer is no, wait.

3 Likes

I did and was pregnant again!! Seems your very,very fertile during these weeks!! Stayed pregnant 2 years almost wasnā€™t fun so I wouldnā€™t chance it!!

1 Like

Iā€™d wait till you get the all clear from your doctor. Just remember that just cause someone else did something and had no issues that doesnā€™t mean you will be the same.

1 Like

May daughter did 2 weeks after having her daughter and got pregnant

I did but I shouldnā€™t have. They tell you to wait because you have a plate size wound inside you and they donā€™t want you to risk infection so just wait.

6 Likes

I waited till 5 weeks. I was super nervous the whole time. Just wait

I waited I had a c-sectionā€¦

My parents did and had anither baby.crazy tho.sex is over rated

Mother in law gave birth jan and another november same year

My ex sister in law waited about 2 hours after having premie twins :flushed::joy: Itā€™s definitely possible. But not advised.

8 Likes

I did and got pregnant with my second. My two littles are 9 months and 12 days apart. Definitely recommend waiting lol.

3 Likes

I think you can, they just recommend you wait to give your body time to heal. But itā€™s up to you if youā€™re feeling it.

You have a plate sized open wound in your uterus from your placentaā€¦ infection is a major risk.

11 Likes

13 days after delivery. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Like the ones that got pregnant againā€¦ did you not try any sort of method to attempt to not get pregnant while doing so? :sweat_smile:

1 Like
  1. You are extremely fertile.
  2. Externally you might feel fine but your uterus is injured!
  3. Oral sex is amazing.

yes and I got pregnant. Donā€™t do it

1 Like

I waited about a month with my 3. Just depends on hoe youā€™re feeling. Definitely use protection

I waited but I was so bleeding a lot after

Massive open wound internally from your uterus so definitely a terrible idea! :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Use a condom if you must.

YOU HAVE A dinner plate sized WOUND in your uterus from the placenta coming away. the 6 weeks is to allow healing and deny entrance to bacteria. you are also horribly fertil after birth. i only used caps to catch attention

11 Likes

My OB/GYN said that it takes a year for a womanā€™s body to fully heal after childbirth; but he held to the 6 weeks plan

2 Likes

Dont do it, I did and got pregnant. Having 2 kids that close together is not recommended, itā€™s hard on your body, not to mention the fun you will have having 2 in diapers and under 2šŸ™„

I waited 6 weeks with both of mine. You have a huge wound inside. Ainā€™t no way I would have done it before that. I was afraid of infections but mostly getting pregnant again so I waited on my birth controlšŸ˜…

Best to listen to whatever your doctor says, right after birth you have a giant wound in your uterus, risk of infection is high, after birth youā€™re also extremely fertile, risk of pregnancy is even higher.

2 Likes

When I hear woman are having sex before 6 weeks

Why do people always ask this doc are very clear after having a baby do not have sex before 6 weeks they say this for a reason ā€¦u know the answer before the question is asked ā€¦u want someone to validate ur stupid decision. U wanna risk it go a head its ur body but please for the love of all stop asking this stupid question!!!

Why in the hell is everyone having unprotected sex right after birth?

I waited about a week but I think it caused damage inside that they havenā€™t seen yet. I had a lot of issues with horrible periods and stomach problems. Wouldnā€™t advise it but also wouldnā€™t look down on you for it either. Good luck :heart:

Please donā€™t seek medical advice off facebook, talk to your GP.

2 Likes

I donā€™t recommend. My youngest 2 kids are 13 months apart.

I did both times after having each one of my kids & luckily & thankfully everything was fine.

Yep, and got pregnant. :grimacing:
1st born 1/7, 2nd born 2/3

1 Like

Dont do it it will suck

If your doc says 6 weeks you should probably listen to thatā€¦you know your body is still healing from giving birth to a human rightšŸ˜…

2 Likes

Google image search what ur insides look like right now . There is a huge wound.

I did wait 6 weeks after my 1st 2 kids but with my 3rd we didnā€™t and now our 2 youngest are 11 months apart

2 Likes

Donā€™t do it. You could get an infection and die

Itā€™s not worth the risk.

You have a massive wound inside your bodyā€¦ Youā€™re at such a high risk of infection and other complications if you do.

3 Likes

Its your body, you obviously know its not recommended but do you boo.

Yep an my to youngest are 11 months part

Uhhh how about letting your cervic and uterus heal first!!! I mean your baby did come out of it! Not to mention arenā€™t you still bleeding? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Itā€™s honestly not worth the riskā€¦
We didnā€™t wait the whole 6 weeks, it was close 4-4 1/2 weeks & I ended up getting an infection! Thankfully it was not horrible but I did have a lot of pain & went to the dr, told them what we did & sure enough I had a small rip where (sorry) nasty penis partials got in Lol (not funny but idk what to call it :woman_shrugging:t2:) was on antibiotics for 2 weeks & had to wait longer! Not to mention the pain was bad! Iā€™d just wait!

I waited 6 1/2 weeks then ended up pregnant again

1 Like

I mean you canā€¦ but just know at my friends 6 week check up she was 4 weeks pregnant lol.

2 Likes

I did at 4 weeks and got pregnant

You are crazy fertile so be safe. It hurt like hell after 6 weeks I made my husband wait awhile longer lol. Not mine or his top priority with a new baby

1 Like

I did now I have kids 15 months apart it wasnā€™t my brightest moment.

4 Likes

Yes , I did two days after birth. I was a hormonal mess, it was fine . But I do not recommend it that soon.

3 Likes

If you wanna have another baby then sure :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If you want Irish twins. My oldest two are 10 1/2 months apartšŸ˜¬

I didā€¦my dr said listen to my body

Yes. With my first it was 2 weeks. With my other 3 it was about 4 weeks

Yes like lady above dr said use protection and trust my body

1 Like

Of course you canā€¦

However, you basically have a gaping internal wound that is healing. But if you want to pound on that go ahead. :roll_eyes:

They say 6 weeks for a reason. Call your Dr and ask if you can go ahead and scrump, let us know what they say.

6 Likes

I did at 2 weeks ppd with my 2nd child :woman_shrugging: just go slow first couple times and use extra precautions

1 Like

Donā€™t do it! You literally have a huge wound inside your uterus from where your placenta was. Youā€™ll be at big risk of an infection with the open wound. Thereā€™s a reason they say to wait 6 weeks.

5 Likes

You can actuslt develop a really bad infection or cause some trauma and not heal properly. Doctors ask you to wait for a reason plus you are very fertile

3 Likes

You are seriously asking this?! Are you mental?

6 Likes

I didnā€™t want my man to even come near mešŸ¤£ they say 6 weeks for a reason, please listen to your doctor and not people on Facebook telling you to go ahead and do it.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t with my first. I waited 8 weeks and I still wasnā€™t really interested in it. With my second, I was 2 weeks PP and I literally like NEEDED it lol and we used condoms :woman_shrugging:t3: everyone has their preference and you should always get the ok from your doctor

2 Likes

We did. My doctor told me I had the all clear and I told her that ship sailed 2 weeks before. Lol. But i had my tubes removed.

I waited the whole 6 weeks and will again after this baby. Definitely wait or if you absolutely must, at least ask your doctor. The placenta detaching from your uterus leaves a wound the size of a dinner plate, thatā€™s why they tell you to wait 6 weeks. Youā€™re also extremely fertile.

2 Likes

the giant wound in your uterus would like you to wait and so would your doctor :)) they donā€™t just tell you 6 wks for no reason. Your risk of infection is high, and so is getting pregnant literally right after you just birthed one baby. You can cause serious harm to your body by not giving it time to heal.

6 Likes