Can you use tampons after 6 weeks postpartum?

I know you cannot use tampons after you give birth…but what about your first cycle after your six weeks of healing? Can you use them then? It May be a silly question, but will I be back to normal, and will they “fit”? I cannot stand wearing pads whatsoever.

8 Likes

Your doctor will tell you for sure after your 6 week appointment. But I did with no issues!

I used tampons after I was cleared to have sex again.

I was worried about using them after my delivery but my OB cleared me to use them at my 6 week check up. I normally wore a super before pregnancy and when I first started using them again, I used regular.

You can when you’re cleared at least. Be prepared for possible change though… They hurt for me, I use cups now and I’ll never go back Haha

2 Likes

Once you get the 6 week post partum all clear you’re fine to use them again. The vagina goes back to the way it was before so yes they will fit the same. Your flow might change though and normally the first period after giving birth is heavier than normal.

Kagels a woman’s best friend… Yes you can go back to tampons once the doctor gives you the OK.

1 Like

You might feel differently about tampons and after you give birth.

After the do says you’re good to go. If they are uncomfortable at first, it’s just because your uterus maybe repositioned. Doesn’t mean it will stay that way. I would start with the small ones, even if you have to change often, and work your way back up. That worked for me anyway, but I stick with birth control that rids me of all that. Saves me money and pain. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Yes and yes lol.
You’re healed after 6 weeks, and they say nothing internal before then for risk of infection, so you’re good after.
And dont worry, it may seem all jacked up, but it returns to normal.

When you’re cleared you can! So usually at your 6wk appointment and by your first cycle! I found the first time using them again was SUPER uncomfortable but then it was okay the second time around lol

Ask :clap:t2: your :clap:t2: damn :clap:t2: doctor :clap:t2: like wtf are you asking random people online for :roll_eyes:

Almost 3 years later and I still can’t not wear a tampon. They cause me so much pain.

3 Likes

I’d get mentration panties that’s different then pads and you don’t have to shove nothing in when it’s not ready

I did at 5 weeks I was sick of pads lol

I did 2 weeks after my first. But my doctor also said I could have sex too so

I hate pads too but I just wore them for this last period to see if my cramps would be reduced. They were. Tampons swell up and cause more cramping. I only had extreme cramps the first two days- because I didn’t have pads yet/ was only using tampons- and then no cramps once I started wearing pads.

I suggest you sit down with him…look him straight in the eyes and tell him…Son its okay to cry because if GOD our father didn’t want men to cry he wouldn’t have given you TEAR ducts to be able to do so. A man that can show his real feelings earns more RESPECT. I LOVE you Son and always remember that!!!