Co Parenting Plans with FIFO parent

How do you work out a good access plan for a pre school aged child when one parent works away for two weeks and one week home.
I’d like to make it super easy for the child so as less disruption to their life as possible.
If you have been through this or are going through it currently what plans do you have in place for regular access and also for special days like birthdays and Chrismas.

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Co Parenting Plans with FIFO parent - Mamas Uncut

Let them have the week that they are home Evey time. Even if it’s a holiday.

6 Likes

So my parents lived a good 2.5 hr drive so we only saw them long weekends and vacations due to convenience…but the best thing is to work out a routine and stick to it…kids can adapt to any visitation agreement as long as they know what to expect and when to expect it

4 Likes

Rotate holidays. If you have thanksgiving, they have the first part of Christmas, & rotate it every year. Then let them have the weeks they are home. Unless if your holiday is in the middle of it, get the kid for your holiday time.

1 Like

Children adapt to any routine if its consistent.
Parent home for one week gets the child that week.
If its a special time…holiday, birthday etc…maybe you can all spend that day together if circumstances allow

4 Likes

My ex and I share days during the week clearly not possible in your case but I’d let them have them the week or most of it while they are home as they want and holidays we do Xmas eve me until Christmas Day anytime after 10am and New Year’s Eve is dads though last 2 years he let he keep the kids since it was my normal time and he didn’t have plans. All other holidays we negotiate :woman_shrugging: mostly keep our time as it falls … but Halloween I asked to join them he accepted … I always invite him to any activities we do …