Comfortable sleeping arrangements?

I'm an aunt and I'm going to be having 4 kids ages 4, 3,2, and 2 come stay a week with me for Christmas. I dont have actual beds for them so I am looking for ideas before they come that I can set up in my Livingroon every night. I was thinking about air mattresses but was wondering if any of you had alternative ideas. I know that air mattresses can be uncomfortable after a while and I want to make sure they're comfortable and sleep well.
68 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Comfortable sleeping arrangements? - Mamas Uncut

At those ages build a fort put a bunch of pillows and blankets

8 Likes

The kids will be comfortable on air mattress!

4 Likes

It would probably make their day for you to build one big pallet they can have their little sleepover on. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Well you could build forts with bean bags and lots of blankets. They do make little cots you could get but I think that would be a waste because the pillows and couch would probably sleep better.

Sleeping bags! Roll up and put away during the day

1 Like

Probably a weird thing but when my kids set up a fort to sleep in i put a bunch of cheap dog beds down for cushion and put a sheet over it and they think its the coolest thing ever lol

4 Likes

Use the couch cushions as a mattress and build forts

2 Likes

My grandkids have beds but choose the floor with pillows, blankets. Enjoy!

1 Like

Do you have couches they can fit on? If not put a ton of blankets and make a fort. My kids love sleeping on the floor with blankets inside a little fort. These kids usually don’t get uncomfortable. What’s uncomfortable for us is comfortable for them.

1 Like

We have a queen size air mattress! We have movie nights a lot and use the mattress

We honestly just do sleeping bags or a bunch of blankets floor and pretend we r camping

5 Likes

Air mattresses and sleeping
bags are fine! Remember,
they may weigh 100lb. at MOST. :love_you_gesture:t4::cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

The air mattresses they sell now are very comfortable

1 Like

We make what we call pallet for our grankids which is blanket pilled on top of each other or they use air mattress . Also we have a camper and we have camp outs in it too

2 Likes

So my sister actually bought this like set thing it’s basically 4 or 5 pillowcases sewed together with zippers and you put a pillow in each one and it makes a little bed that won’t come apart like placing cushions together would

3 Likes

We always put down a few blankets, draped a sheet over to make a fort. They will love it. Do put up a nightlight though. If they wake in the dark in an unfamiliar space they can walk without knowing where they are going. My little brother fell down steps in the dark, he wasn’t hurt. But he headed to what if he had been home would have been my parents room in the middle of the night, half awake, but at grandma’s it was the stairs.

1 Like

Some of my favorite childhood memories was sleeping on the floor with my cousins! Don’t overthink it. The kids will have a blast.

1 Like

I wouldn’t put four kids of that age alone in the living room together overnight :thinking:

2 Likes

Just get some foam mattresses

I’d say no air mattress. They will jump on an air mattress for fun

2 Likes

Air mattresses will be fine. They’re kids, they’ll sleep on the floor if you let them. I had a gf and her 2 kids for 2 weeks and the kids had an air mattress that they rolled on to deflate, best thing ever to them. Lol
Buying extra stuff for a week makes no sense unless they visit throughout the year.

4 Likes

Sleeping pallet!! We’d take a bunch of blankets and pillows and sleep in a hamster nest on the floor!

3 Likes

They’re little, so they won’t be bothered by the lack of actual bed as much as you think. Word of warning, if you go the air mattress route, they probably will try to jump on them.

2 Likes

I saw this thing where u take pillow cases and sew roughly 4 together (depending how tall child is) and then slide the pillows in. Instant sleeping mat and easy to roll up and stuff away

2 Likes

My 3 kids loved sleeping under my dining room table. We would lay down blankets and pillows and throw a blanket over it to make a fort.

8 Likes

My grandma had those outdoor lounge chair thick cushions for us and put blankets over them. They fold up easily and store easy in a closet or under a bed and were comfy. We could put them away each morning and I still have mine … sentimental :two_hearts:

1 Like

Walmart in camping they sell toddlers cots .

1 Like

Walmart sells cots. And they do fold up. Aren’t expensive either

Pool rafts with crib sheets , blankets, perfect for little ones.

How cheap are crib mattresses compared to the blow-up ones?

We bought our daughter a gymnastics mat for Christmas …. I bet she also uses it for living room sleepovers

Sleeping bags, kids love them.

Air mattresses are actually comfortable for small children

1 Like

I would get them camping pads :woman_shrugging:t4:

Bought a toddler blow up bed from walmart and had my 3 year old, and my 2&6 year old niece and nephew jumping on it but Id say they are pretty durable and comfy! The kids wont mind. I remember sleeping on the floor at friends houses and never minded because I was having fun. The kids wont mind if you have a actual bed, blow up bed, make a pallet, or the older ones sleep on the couches and younger ones on a pallet. As long as they are having fun and have a spot to rest their head at night, they’ll be alright!

2 Likes

Sew the long end of three pillowcases together. Put pillows in each pillowcase - it makes a pillow bed.

4 Likes

My grandparents had 30 grandkids at Christmas we would zll pile in on them. Blankets on the floor. Best times ever!!!

3 Likes

Air mattresses can be expensive try sleeping bags

Here’s an affordable also fun for the kids ideas :slightly_smiling_face: am making these for my 7 kids when we go camping cause our air mattresses are uncomfy so pillow mattresses it is!

4 Likes

make a sheet fort and throw cushions and blankets inside thats shall be their home

At those ages they can sleep anywhere on anything! A big pile of blankets and pillows, make it feel like a big fun sleep over!

Air mattresses have come a long way…and kids would love it…

1 Like

Cots & easy 2 pick up & put away

Lots of comfy blankets

Air mattresses with eggshell over the top then a fitted sheet to hold the egg shell on.

Kids do not get uncomfortable. It will be a blast for them

4 Likes

We have a toddler cot for my daughter for when we travel, it was $25 at walmart when we bought it a few years ago. it looks like it is $35 on amazon now. Amazon also has the toddler cots they use at daycares for $10 each American Baby Company 100% Natural Cotton Percale Standard Daycare/Pre-School Cot Sheet, Blue, 23 x 51, Soft Breathable, for Boys and Girls Amazon.com. Regalo My Cot Portable Toddler Bed, Includes Fitted Sheet, Royal Blue , 48x24x9 Inch (Pack of 1) Amazon.com

Many daycares have kids nap on little cots.

Those ages would be just fine on a blanket pallet!

1 Like

Like everyone else said unless they have a medical need for a bed at that age they will just be excited to play with you and will happily sleep on a blanket pallet on the floor! They don’t get sore and stiff like us. At that age they fall asleep sitting up and wake up without neck pain ready to go!

Get a double blow up bed all can sleep on that there so good , my children when they was little loved to sleep on them ,

2 Likes

Put up a little tent, throw in a few sleeping bags, children love it :tent:

1 Like

I don’t know if I would suggest leaving children that young alone to sleep in the living room. Who knows what they might get into. But if that is your only option, I would say for the 3 and 4 year olds, the couch and loveseat (if you have a living room set like that). For the two 2 year olds, I would suggest having their parents send pack and plays for them to sleep in. Some cozy blankets will make it more comfortable. But for children those ages, they will fall asleep anywhere, at any time, so air mattresses would work for them. Or, you could do a blanket fort or even better, set up a tent in the living room and pad it with blankets for them to “camp out”.

Kids love air mattresses :rofl: they are crazy

2 Likes

Kids all love sleeping bags

Pallets on the floor.

1 Like

Air mattresses or kids love making beds on the floor with lots of blankets and pillows but I would get some air mattresses they can use some of the time since it’s for a week

2 Likes

Sew pillow cases together and put pillows inside them and they can camp out on the floor

Do you have those XL pillowcases? I’d stuff blankets in them and then put them all together and put a sheet around them. Make them a little fort around it. They will love it

They have sleeping cots at walmart!

1 Like

Easy to fold up and store during the day time so they aren’t in the way and easily can be pulled back out!

I have a daycare with that age group… I do NOT recommend an air mattress!! It will become a trampoline & if it loses air while they sleep it becomes a safety hazard. They sell sleeping mats pretty cheap at Target. Or sleeping bags that have their own blanket and pillow attached. Most of my daycare kids have those and love them

1 Like

Air mattress would be fine for kids that young. Their bodies are so plyable.

1 Like

Make sweet memories! These are my grandchildren on a sleepover ages 3, 4, 6, 7, and 10. They had a great night. I made a blanket pallet on the floor and then they each had their own blankets.:heart::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

We used to do this with my grandparents and honestly we would sleep on the floor on blankets and it was fine

Air mattresses are not particularly safe for the 2/3 year olds as the roll/move often in there sleep- also are they used to sleeping in toddler beds? If not your gonna have a hell of a time at night- if the parents have playpens/pack n plays for them ask them to bring them with the kids or see if anyone you know has them you can barrow. If that’s not an option - a floor pallet would be best for safety reasons.

2 Likes

at these ages, they aren’t going to complain if the air mattresses are uncomfortable, . Do it & make it like a big sleep over, Tell stories :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would probs move all the kids in to the biggest bed and myself sleep on sofa or something

Blankets on the floor will be fine .

It will be an adventure for them they will love it x use cushions a nd blankets too x

Kids can sleep ANYWHERE! An air mattress will be a fun change!

1 Like

I would purchase a king mattress topper. Put it on the floor with as many blankets and pillows as you allow or need. Let them make their own spot on the mattress

1 Like

Sleeping bags…
It’s a camp out :woman_shrugging:t6:
Get a tent that cud fit with some sleeping bags, lanterns etc and have camping trip indoors with hot chocolate snacks etc

3 Likes

Sleeping bags might work…

1 Like

I bought camp beds and sleeping bags for my grandkids…5yo & 2yo…but most would be happy with a pile of blankets on the floor or yoga mats with sleeping bags
I’ve never bought an air mattress that didn’t lose air during the night no matter how much I paid

2 Likes

My grandkids like to sleep with me at that age…

Create a fun tent and find a sleeping mat that rolls up at target.

1 Like

Fluffy sleeping bags!

They are kids, plan for next year a little more but buy one of the thick ones (they dont hardly lose air, aren’t all over the place plus are pretty comfortable) let all 4 sleep on a Queen or King in front of Christmas movies in the living room!
They will have fun making memories

My niece makes pallets in her bedroom and that way close and protected

You can get sleep cots at Walmart and close them up

Cots or pushing the couches together

We always laid down all the blankets and pillows we could find on the floor and had a giant sleepover :woman_shrugging:t3:. Nothing fancy but we always had fun!

8 Likes

I do sleeping bags for my grandchildren
They love them!

3 Likes

Get a waterproof mattress cover to put on the floor/air mattress/pillows/whatever in case of accidents. Use nightlights or leave the light on in the closest bathroom. Little kids will sleep anywhere, just be sure to wear them out with physical activities during the day.

Put blankets on the floor and call it good…

Depending on budget these are darling they come in all different designs

3 Likes

Have them get sleeping bags. And have a camp out in liveing room… buy some snacks and put in movies and some board games they would think that os cool

2 Likes

I slept on an air mattress for a couple weeks after furniture had been sent ahead during an out of state move. Kids will be fine having an adventure for a few days.

1 Like

They are kids. Floor with blankets will be fine.

2 Likes

Make tents out of bed sheets…and place thick blankets on the floor under the tents with pillows and soft blankets to snuggle into…or sleeping bags…make it an in home camping adventure…

3 Likes

Pitch up a Cheap 2/4 man tent in the lounge if theres room, queen airbed & wahlah :hugs: indoor camping… u can put outside during the day as an extra little play area

At that age sleeping bags and camping out are the most fun for them!

1 Like

Air mattress is fine. Even pillows and blankets on floor.

Ask the parents how they would like the children to sleep

2 Likes

Good luck and have fun. You’ll probably need a vacation after that. Lol

4 Likes

I’d do the small sleeping bags. Then you have them for the next time they come. They will think it’s super awesome. Get them a doll or stuffed animal they can sleep with and keep and grab a couple books read a different one every night at bedtime.

1 Like

Kids would love the air mattresses. I think the pool float idea was even better.

1 Like