Company Christmas Party

I worked for a company for about 7 months meet a lot of great people and made a lot of friends. My old boss and (1 ex co-worker are BFF’s) I had to leave this job position due to having a child with a chronic health condition and needing to be home to care for her. My ex-boss and this BFF were upset and mad at me for leaving they deleted me off FB etc. Well my friend (ex coworker) she still works for this company invited me to be her plus one at the company Christmas party. She says everyone misses me and I wasn’t able to say goodbye to all.The issue is I feel that my old boss and her bff would be rude to me or awkward towards me. Should I go? I didn’t leave this company on bad terms and I’m still re-hirable in the future. I’ve been asked via text and FB by others old coworkers that still work there if I will be attending and they’d be so happy to see me. So again my question is should I go or not?

43 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Company Christmas Party - Mamas Uncut

Um…its up to you :woman_shrugging:

Go! They were being childish to begin with for deleting you. If there is no bad blood with everyone else then it sounds like it would be a good time! Don’t stress about it. It’s not worth it.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter what they think, go let your hair down and have a good time x

6 Likes

If you wanna go…go. Do it for you, not anyone else.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go at all. That doesn’t sound like something that would be good.
If they weren’t nice to you when you left and even went so far as to delete you…. This doesn’t sound like something I’d trust

3 Likes

If you’re looking to get rehired in the future I would go and do some networking and socializing. Also you could leave it on better terms with your ex boss. Plus it will be nice to see your friends.

3 Likes

I would. Fuck those salty assbutts.

If it was me i would go. Have a good time, if you have a child who has any kind special needs your personal time is especially special. I’d go to feel like an adult and have a fantastic time​:heavy_heart_exclamation: as long as you have appropriate child care :relaxed:

3 Likes

Go, see your real friends and don’t worry about those 2.

2 Likes

Go
It’s all up to you if it goes bad you could always leave and go home

1 Like

I would go. Even if you just smile and say hello moving right along. Don’t worry what they think, but it might help you to see if YOU really want to return. Have fun and like another person said, network.

2 Likes

Go see your friends. Socialize, network. Don’t let two people shut you out of some great working relationships.You didn’t leave to spite anyone so don’t walk around like you did. There will only be a problem if you allow them to cultivate one.

1 Like

Yes go! They are just 2 people out of a crowd snd the crowd want to see you. If they have an issue with your genuine reasons to leave that’s their problem not yours and it’s pathetic if they still hold a grudge over something that was completely out of your control

I would go, have fun and leave early.

1 Like

Heck yea you should go! Don’t let anyone, especially these two intimidate you! Go, have fun and either act like nothing happened or ignore them. Fake it till you make it! :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Of course you should go. Ignore the haters you have plenty of friends there. Let your hair down and enjoy spending time with them.

ᴍʏ sᴜᴄᴄᴇss ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴀʀᴋᴇᴛ ᴡᴀsɴ’ᴛ ᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ ɪ’ᴍ ᴀ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ᴅᴇғɪɴɪᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ,Mrs Nastassia Rodina ʜᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴀɪʟᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ғᴇᴇʟ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀᴄᴛ her
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Nastassia Rodina

I did my research properly and I must confess that nobody handles businesses like you do! You’re indeed one of the best trading account manager mam🙏
:point_down::point_down::point_down:

Nastassia Rodina

1 Like

Yea go…and have a great time…

Have fun. I wouldn’t worry what they think.

Yesss go. Have fun!!? :black_heart:

Why in the world would you not want to go?

If u wanna go, go. Who cares about those two? Ur not gonna be with them anyways. Show them u can’t be intimidated.

2 Likes

Go and live your best life and make them…as Latrice says…EAT IT!!!

Definitely go with your head held high, you left to look after your sick child. Don’t let anyone make you feel awkward. If anything they will feel uncomfortable because most people there have missed you and you will have plenty of attention.

2 Likes

Go, you’ll prob make up with them on the night as time has passed and people relax at parties.

Have an awesome time! Don’t live your life bc two people are grumpy.

Go and look glorious doing it

1 Like

Why are you living your life worried about what other have to say or think. Live your best life for you & your child ( or children). You have to not worry about what others feel. You have a blessed & never stressed :pray: holiday.
Also know hurt people, hurt people! If they are ugly by heart, wish them the best.

Go. Enjoy your night regardless of those two

Go don’t let bullies be bullies. They don’t like it you have a butt they can kiss !! Have fun !!

Yes! Life is too short to worry about other people who may or may not hold a grudge. Life your life. You don’t owe them anything.

Go, and have a great time! Lots of smiling and laughing looks good and nobody can hate on someone that looks genuinely happy without looking like they are jealous….So go, and do not have any insecurities :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Go out and enjoy yourself.

Honestly just go who cares if they are awkward towards you, act like it doesn’t even bother you. Have some fun!

3 Likes

I would go and have fun. I always loved going to Christmas parties

Go and have fun. This is the season of miracles, they may get off their high horse and mend the broken fences. And if not you can show them you are the bigger person by holding your head up high.

2 Likes

Absolutely hold your head up and go see your friends. They probably realized they were wrong.

3 Likes

Pretend u didn’t even notice they deleted you… I would walk right up to them and say hello how are you guys. Make them feel like shit.

Don’t put yourself in a situation where you could be treated badly. Ask your friend to get together doing something else.

Go have fun. Not everyone will like you and that’s ok ! How they are is how they are . How you respond is up to you. Hope that they are civil and move along.

1 Like

Go, have a good time

3 Likes

Go and hold your head high

1 Like

Go! You put your family first, there is no guilt in that and your ex boss and bff should understand (assuming they have families of their own- if they don’t then they won’t understand and that’s ok) show up and have fun! If they want to be rude to you then ignore them, that’s their problem!

Yes you should go and enjoy yourself. If they decide to be rude it’s their loss. Others will be extremely happy to see you. Who knows…maybe the Christmas spirit will move those two and they will be happy to see you too.

Go have fun you deserve it

1 Like

On one hand you have 2 people who MIGHT be asshats and on the other hand you have several people saying they miss you and want to see you. I say go. Don’t let one or two people ruin ANYTHING for you, ever. Besides, if they’re rude, you don’t work there anymore. It’s not your boss and co-worker. It’s just two people, so if they have something negative to say, you can defend yourself without fear of repercussions. Go. Have fun.

Go have fun. How you respond to their rudeness is how the outcome will be at the end of the night. Head high and lots of laughs and smiles even if they do be childish.

2 Likes

So many people want you there to have a good time. And your worried about two people who could be a bit pissy about it

1 Like

Young one go - enjoy your friends- sometimes companies have policies that when someone leaves - they are not allowed to communicate with them. Just go and be the adult in the situation.

Go! Show them you don’t need them to have a good time. If the situation arises and they are ugly to you just move on to all those friends who want you to be there. Show them that what they think doesn’t matter to you AT ALL!

You did nothing wrong so go have fun and reconnect with old friends, smile and be kind if any people are rude or have a problem with you being there it’s their problem

Yeah, they’re gonna be rude and awkward but so what. Go

Go and have fun and don’t let anyone shame you for leaveing to take care of your child, you did whats best for your family. X

1 Like

Go! Have a wonderful time!

1 Like

Yes you should go. Despite the 2 people that may have an issue. Some people are rotten and that shouldn’t take away from those that did appreciate you and do miss you. Don’t coward down to them rise above them and carry on.

2 Likes

Go and don’t pay any attention to them if they are rude to you. Your other coworkers will see that you are the better person.

Go. They miss you. Enjoy yourself.

You did nothing wrong Go and have Fun

1 Like

I wouldn’t go if you get your feelings hurt easily

1 Like

Who cares about those two. You should go and have a fabulous time.

I say go and have fun!

Yep,go and enjoy yourself