Could I be pregnant before my Nexplanon was effective?

I got the nexplanon implant on Wednesday, but the weekend before that, I had unprotected sex where he finished inside me. And no one told me the implant wasn’t effective for seven days after you get it, and I’ve had unprotected sex almost every day since I got it. How likely am I to be pregnant?

42 Likes

Yes, it is possible to get pregnant before it was effective.

I’m sorry but I’m going to call bull. The doctor has to tell you and/or gave you a pamphlet, you had information and ignored it.
Plus, it doesn’t stop you from getting STI’s, THAT’S what I’d be more concerned about

25 Likes

Your doctor should have told while filling you in on side effects

Wow so many of you shouldnt be having sex :see_no_evil::joy::joy::joy:

29 Likes

Idk how to make this sound any less like, “this can’t be a serious question, right?” So, please understand that’s not how this is intended…

You literally have a 50/50 chance.

You either are pregnant or you just aren’t.

4 Likes

Well I’m sure your doctor did In fact give you all the facts when you got your nexplanon it’s extremely rare that they wouldn’t… you got it a week after you had unprotected sex so yeah you can be pregnant and you can be pregnant if having unprotected sex before it became effective. With that being said even with birth control you should use condoms if you don’t want a unwanted pregnancy. Birth control is never 100%

6 Likes

Um the doctors office should be doing a pregnancy test the day you’re supposed to get the implant. They won’t do it without the test.

6 Likes

You only have around 6 days of the month you can actually fall pregnant … so ur chances ain’t 50/50

3 Likes

Very likely. Congratulations :clap:

3 Likes

Unless your ovulating you have no chance at all. If you are then you are definitely pregnant. You will get the LH hormone surge between 11 and 18 days from the 1st day of your last period. Once you get the surge you have about 3 days to get pregnant

3 Likes

Why would your doctor not tell you that? Lol that’s like the first thing my doctor told me

Birth control is never 100%. And sorry but the doctors would have told you all the information about it. Plus u had unprotected sex before you even had it.

Instead of running to fb, how about u go see your Dr.

8 Likes

So nobody uses condoms with their birth control anymore ? Yikes. If you don’t want children take precautions.

7 Likes

Ovulation is not set in concrete. No birth control is perfect. I will never understand why people have unprotected sex. I understand why I see so many STDs and unwanted children though.

5 Likes

Never heard of a doctor office not telling you to abstain from sex until 7 days into your birth control

6 Likes

Depends on your cycle there’s about a 20% chance you are and an 80% chance you are not. Depends on your ovulation. Could you try the morning after pill (although I got pregnant on it) but if you haven’t yet ovulated it will delay ovulation.

They wouldn’t of put rod in if u had unprotected a certain amount of time before ure appointment and at very least would of gave you a pregnancy test…

3 Likes

🤦
It’s like the girls in the mom groups I’m in…
“OMG IM PREGNANT AGAIN?!?!? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!!?? I LET MY BOYFRIEND CUM INSIDE ME AND I OFTEN FORGET TO TAKE MY BIRTH CONTROL OR TAKE OTHER PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT PREGNANCY”! WHAT EVER AM I GOING TO DO?!?!
Me: Have you tried keeping your legs closed?

You can’t be serious?

5 Likes

These questions have to be fake or there are some really dumb people out there :woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

Normally when you get put on contraception the doctor or nurse will give you a pregnancy test first well that’s what they do here in newzealand :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi! Gave birth to Irish twins that way :v:t3::woozy_face::joy: ( but seriously, I don’t remember them telling me wait 7 days either but I also wasn’t a good listener then :woman_shrugging:t2:) my boys are 9.5 months apart :crazy_face:

I’ve never had it but I have sisters and friends that have and they all say the same you are told this when you first discuss having the implant, the nurse that does it tells you it all too and they also ask before they put it in if you’ve had unprotected sex recently and any chance you could be pregnant, the leaflets they give you with the first one explains it all too, so you either didn’t give correct information or you go to really incompetent health care professionals.

3 Likes

Yes you can get pregnant at any stage of your monthly circle, you just have a higher chance of it happing when ovulating

These questions must be made up to get comments/likes on the post/page … no one can really be this dumb

Is nobody ever concerned about STDs anymore? That’s scary stuff!

5 Likes

Soooo you had sex then went and got on BC !? Umm yeah that’s how to do it

2 Likes

The best is to ask your Dr. who inserted the implant, not socmed. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Dr would of said or your trying to get pregnant

Get a pregnancy test.

1 Like

Time to unlike page. Personal questions and stories are not what i liked about the page.

People birth control is not a 100 percent affective i know cause I got pregnant on the shot and i know alot of friends who got pregnant on birth control so the only way you won’t get pregnant is having no sex duh

3 Likes

U would surely read a leaflet or info of some sort of info before having this done ? But general rule is 7 days with contraception if not more and they always ask u

If worried take a test sometimes unproctive sex leads to nothing

Dang, there’s some judgy, rude ppl up in here! First, not every doctor runs you through the risks. Mine didn’t either time I was on nexplanon and didn’t run me through everything or give me a pamphlet, and I ended up bleeding 27 days a month for two years, and every time I mentioned it to a doctor I got told “some women experience heavy spotting, it’s normal”… but I was bleeding like a period for almost two years, and now deal with anemia. And ya know, some people have unprotected sex because, i don’t know, maybe they’re in a committed relationship with a single partner that they know doesn’t have an STD. Also, condom’s aren’t 100% either. And some of us are allergic. I’m allergic to latex and glycerin, so not only can I not use latex condoms, but the lubricant used on polyurethane condoms, which is water based because silicone based lubricant eats through polyurethane, contains glycerin. As does spermicide. So condoms are literally not an option. OP…The answer to your question is yes, you could have gotten pregnant and it was too early to test. So I’d make sure you test. Nexplanon can cause problems in pregnancy. I got pregnant on Nexplanon, had a subchorionic hemorrhage and lost the baby even after they took it out of my arm. Also, keep in mind that nexplanon can mess with your cycle; giving you more frequent bleeding, or sometimes no period at all. It’s different for everyone. Lastly, although it’s rare, keep in mind that you CAN still get pregnant even with that rod. I did. And if you’re bleeding as often as I did, it can be hard to tell if/when you ovulate.

Girl take a pregnancy test and call your doctor

2 Likes

Didn’t you research birth control on your own before choosing one & discussing with your doctor? If your old enough to have sex you should be responsible enough to do your research as well!

8 Likes

Hopefully this person you had unprotected sex with before having it inserted is the same one you were having unprotected sex with afterwards. If not… a pregnancy test might not end up being the only thing you need to be concerned about.

10 Likes

Is this a real question… 🤦🤦

4 Likes

This question is ridiculous, what has this even to do with lies and cheating.

2 Likes

You should wait a qeek before even doing anything i qould go to the doctors to be sure because thats not good for you and you could possibly have an ectopic pregnancy

1 Like

Whew Chile your PH level gonna be thru the roof

5 Likes

I got pregnant within 48 hours of it being removed so high possibility you could be

2 Likes

Yeah somebody did tell u :rofl::rofl: ie the doctor fitting it

1 Like

Ok so you had unprotected sex prior to getting on birth control :thinking: and thought that birth control after the fact was going to keep you from getting pregnant?? Also I have never heard of birth control not coming with a pregnancy test prior to insertion. But if you don’t know this answer you obviously have no business having sex

9 Likes

It’s not super likely. Relax. Wait. Take a test in a few weeks. Then finally relax some more. You’re probs fine. I’ve had nexplanon for almost 6 years :ok_hand:t2:. Like my doctor told me “learn to trust your birth control”

Be a better question for the doctor that put it in than Facebook…

3 Likes

If you’re this oblivious as to how birth control works you probably shouldn’t be having sex. :roll_eyes: just saying

6 Likes

Soooooo stupid the dr who put it in would of told you unless u lied to them! Ive have 6 already so i know but im not stupid to do that isshh coz i dnt want no more kids! Fix up!!!

1 Like

Pretty damn certain you’ve got a bun in the oven

Jeez… Tough crowd.

If you were Ovulating your chances are high… If you are concerned maybe do a plan B? Not sure how effective it will be since it’s been a couple days… Ask your physician?
Sorry not very helpful

You would have been told you would not be protected when you had the implant inserted.

Um ask your dr? Im pretty sure they’re supposed to tell you when the BC will start working, plus if you aren’t sure how BC works i agree, you dont need to be having sex. Its likely you could be pregnant but the chances are more high when you’re ovulating.

When they give you ANY birth control the doctor says not to have unprotected sex for at least 7 days :woman_facepalming:t4:

It sounds to me like you are full of shit & are trying to trap the guy you are sleeping with :flushed::woozy_face::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Your best bet would be to talk to a doctor and probably get a pregnancy test, good luck , hopefully it works out for you.

Is this a mommy group now or what?

3 Likes

Could be pregnant even after it’s effective too

1 Like

Why ask the whole of FB?

3 Likes

Sounds like this is either fake or you didn’t listen to your doctor very well. Also, they do a pregnancy test before starting any kind of birth control, even the pill. I had a pregnancy test when I started depo, right after having my first kid. We hadn’t had sex since she was born bc it had only been 2 weeks. I told them that and they still gave me a pregnancy test.

No birth control is going to prevent pregnancy from sex you had BEFORE starting any form of birth control. I’m sure you were told when the birth control would start being effective, and to use an alternate form of birth control until it becomes effective. I’m sure you also got literature on the birth control before leaving the doctors office. You should contact your doctor, explain what you’re concerned about, and take a pregnancy test. Please read up on your birth control.

1 Like

You could have a pregnancy test before but it would obviously be too early to show

Excellent question for your DOCTOR

2 Likes

Probably more likely to have clamyidia, you whore!!

1 Like

Well I’m sure your doctor did In fact give you all the facts when you got your nexplanon it’s extremely rare that they wouldn’t… you got it a week after you had unprotected sex so yeah you can be pregnant and you can be pregnant if having unprotected sex before it became effective. With that being said even with birth control you should use condoms if you don’t want a unwanted pregnancy. Birth control is never 100%

20 Likes

I got mine in December 3rd 2019 I tested negative that day on a pregnancy test but found out April 2,2020 that I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with my daughter. No signs or anything because I had my son October 3,2019 so I was already emotional an had milk in my breast an all that so it’s possible for sure.

Contact your doctor and see what is best to have done. You may need to have it taken out.

They ask you normally when you have it is there any chance you could be pregnant before they put the implant in and the information they give you does say not effective for 7 days do a test but if positive you need implant removed asap

3 Likes

Should of researched birth control before choosing one & knowing the details!

1 Like

You should’ve had a discussion, received information, and had a pregnancy test before you signed your consent to have it implanted. Consider calling your doctor.

I’m sorry but who puts something long term in their body without doing their research🤦🏻‍♀️ it’s not like it’s a piercing you can just take out yourself on the spot. Well of course you could be pregnant?! I can’t believe your even asking online instead of telling the gp and doing a test!

2 Likes

Go to a dr and find out.

Know a girl who’s 29.4 weeks pregnant on her second nexplanon pregnancy so :grimacing: yeah it’s not unheard of

I can’t imagine your doctor gave you the implant and didn’t mention to you that you need to use a second form of backup birth control. 🤦

You should probably be saving healthcare questions for your doctor instead of relying on facebook physicians. Just sayin.

Idk about an implant but with my IUD. I was asked when the last time I had sex was. Was it unprotected. When was my last period. And is there a chance I’m pregnant. If you answer yes to those. My OBGYN said I needed to go for blood work

Wtaf are some of you woman on