Could my anxiety have me thinking something is wrong with me?

It’s definitely stress related tension migraines. They are extremely painful and debilitating. You have to learn what you triggers are and I usually but ice pack on the back or my neck at the base of my skull. Peppermint oil also works when you run it on your neck. I use sages ,peppermint halo. Good luck. I suffer from the same thing. A long road ahead of you

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Could my anxiety have me thinking something is wrong with me? - Mamas Uncut

Vertigo, I had the same issues for years, only to finally find the right doctor. Since I’ve been on medication for vertigo, I’ve been fine.

3 Likes

I hope you’re talking with a doctor about these symptoms. The symptoms could also be physical in origin.

3 Likes

I suffer from a generalized anxiety disorder. I will tell you, many times I feel something (headache, stomach ache, cramp in my shin etc) and when I think of it, it triggers my anxiety and things become much worse for much longer. And a part of it is me assuming my headache must be a brain tumor, or a stomach ache could be an ulcer and so on… anxiety alone gets debilitating

7 Likes

Get a second opinion.

4 Likes

Did you get the COVID vax in January? This is a common reaction from what I’ve been hearing.

2 Likes

So I have anxiety and panic attacks and yes it does make me think some things are wrong when they aren’t, BUT I also know that I have been right a lot of the times and have been seen about my issues. At first they tried to pin it on my anxiety until my blood results came back, I was actually able to find a doctor who listened to me (for the most part). I do feel once you’re diagnosed with this that doctors often misdiagnose those affected by this. If you feel there is something wrong, I would not think twice about it and have it checked. :heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

Yes it could be anxiety. Sorry probably not the answer you want. I get chest pains and tons of other weird symptoms thinking I’m having a heart attack and going to die and have gone to the er they will run a bunch of tests and tell me it’s anxiety or panic attacks and send me home. I hate being told it’s just anxiety. When I feel like I’m dieing and something is seriously wrong but apparently I’m crazy and it’s nothing. I’ve had some of the same symptoms you mentioned too. Sorry you’re going through it. It’s terrible.

3 Likes

Ik a girl that got really bad migraines… dr did some tests to find out she had a tumor wrapped around her optical nerve… get tests done just to be safe…

Omg… this is exactly how I’ve been feeling. Exactly! It started a week ago, I think it’s just constant worrying or stress. I’ll be ok one minute and the next I’ll be freaking out. Like trying to keep myself calm and from freaking out. And it’s just constant worrying of how I’m feeling. I stay home all day with my baby alone and that freaks me out. Like what’s wrong with me? I hope everything turns out OK with you. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

Sounds like vertigo…

2 Likes

Honestly go to a chiropractor.
You could be out of place on your neck or upper back.

1 Like

I’d try seeing a chiropractor a couple times a week and see if it helps. Sounds like maybe somethings pinched or tension headaches. I have anxiety and have migraines and cluster headaches for 20 years and mine are always in the front or top of my head, never back/ neck.

I have both generalized anxiety disorder, and messed up shoulder that plays into my neck being a mess, and I’ve suffered from migraines since I was 14.
I went years where I’d get migraines daily. I also went years where I lost feeling in my fingers due to the messed up shoulder (thank you high school fast-pitch). The thought of going to a chiropractor would make be ill.
I did PT for my shoulder but it really only worked if I did the exercises religiously. Finally I was desperate and went to a chiropractor. I asked around and found one that didn’t push supplements and excess appointments.
That was 16.5 years ago. I still get migraines and my shoulder isn’t perfect, but I know when I need to go in. I stay ahead of the storm.
Your anxiety is real and you have every right to be anxious with your symptoms. You should have seen my hot mess when I got the flu while pregnant. I was hyperventilating because puking meant peeing my pants.
Though anxiety can have physical impacts on your body, they need to work them separately until they can prove it.
I’d suggest working both with your regular doctor and seeing a chiropractor. Throw everything at it.

1 Like

Yes. Stress. I have the same thing. The headaches are unbearable at times. My doctor gave me a muscle relaxer because I’m holding the tension in my neck and shoulders causing the headache.

1 Like

Talk yo your dr and I would also see a chiropractor. That’s where most of my migraines start and going g to the chiro has helped so much. I get the near passing out as well… but I am in the middle of a POTS dx (blood circulation disorder… has to do with position and heart rate… so please talk to your dr)

This happened to me too over a long period of time. I stressed myself out so bad thinking something was wrong. I wasn’t really hurting really bad anywhere particular but really tensed up in my neck and shoulder blade area, everything was coming back perfect when I would go to the ER after having an episode of almost fainting and one time actually fainting. Come too find out it was/is my gallbladder. I had a sono of it thinking nothing would show up because my side never hurt, sure enough I have a polyp on my GB. Just noting my experience

I have killer migraines. Dizzey sounds smells light nausea food and nothing helps except a dark quiet room lay on the floor or I feel I’m falling and be able to control the temp at the touch of a button and slamming a 24oz bottle of mountain dew…the caffine helps. I’m on 3 diff migraine meds and they help vur not always.

1 Like

Drink a lot more water. B12 and vitamins and minerals. Do this consistently for a month.

Migraines.

Speak to your doctor about amitriptyline, they’re used for nerve pain and migraines however I’d advise short term use (as and when needed) they can cause drowsiness but really do work.

1 Like

Have you been checked for myalgic encephalomyelitis? Otherwise known as chronic fatigue syndrome. I have it. Its too much to explain. It has all the symptoms mentioned and more. Give it a Google. Prayers <3

2 Likes

That’s a migraine.

We don’t know much about migraines.

I have found that dehydration can trigger mine, excess heat, sun exposure and stress.

Dramamine and sleep offer me the most relief.

1 Like

I get this alot I have vertigo problems.

Sounds like a tension headache. It can be brought on by stress and anxiety, and sometimes relieved by massage to the shoulders and neck and/or muscle relaxants.

1 Like

I have an autoimmune disease. A variant of rhuematoid arthritis. When i get a flare up i have this exact same problem. R.A doesnt always attack the joints in your hands and feet. It can attack your spine and that variant causes the pressure, pain, nausea, dizziness, cant keep your eyes open feeling that will put me out in minutes and keep me out for 2-6 hours. Stress aggrivates R.A and causes flare ups to happen more often.

Get tested for autoimmune disease. A full panel for all of them. (There are many kinds)

2 Likes

Have you checked for blood clots?

I developed anxiety attacks out of no where when I was 32. Shortness of breath, chest pains, headaches. Thought for sure there was something seriously wrong with me and I was dying. But nope just anxiety episodes. Usually stress related but I’m trying to monitor foods too and see if I can find a relation bc sometimes the attack will literally pop up out of no where.

1 Like

I had the same issue and I ended up have two slipped disc’s in my neck. I hope you feel better soon

Dont see a chiropractor untill your checked for Chiari malformation in neck. Those are all the symptoms… my daughter was born with this.

1 Like

Sounds like migraines maybe autoimmune as well…

Stress is the number one
Culprit for
Migraines. See a neurologist- you need to find out what’s wrong .

Dealing with this for over 25 years drs dont care

I had debilitating anxiety/panic attacks from my ex husband. Several different medications and finally because of the mental and verbal abuse I left. Had to move completely out of state but my second month away I was off all medication

Have you had an MRI of your neck? I experienced the same type of symptoms and it ended up being my neck. Our minds can bring on unusual psychosomatic symptoms that have very similar symptoms too

I get the same way when I’m getting a panic attack, I would talk to your doctor and tell them about your symptoms to rule anything else out and go from there.
There are so many medications that can help with panic disorder.

Sounds like panic attacks. I get them often without any trigger at all. I wouldn’t rule out migraines though. I would ask your doctor for a referral to a psychiatrist or neurologist.

It sounds like you need to see a Chiropractor! The Chiropractor will adjust you & get rid of your headaches/migraines! You want to go to a Straight Chiropractor if possible!

Get a blood work up. Didn’t find out I was anemic until I was 28 and man, everything made sense after that.

I feel the same when I get anxiety. I get anxiety from stress and feeling overwhelmed or if there is too many people in one spot. Anyway I concentrate on breathing and telling myself that its ok I got this and it let’s up. Also if I tell someone that I’m feeling anxious then it kind of goes away knowing that somebody knows how I’m feeling.

I would also ask for an MRA of thr brain and neck in addition to that MRI that you have. Are you on birth control ?

Just a thought but have u gotten your eyes checked lately… I’m just saying this because when I was in my 30’s I was getting a lot of headache and it turns out I needed reading glasses after my eyes got used to the glasses my headache s went away …just a thought u might not have thought of

Its a tension headache, I get them every month just before my cycle. Excedrin Tension works best for me.

1 Like

Yes. I get tension pains throughout my neck. Mainly starts when I get my period. But nothing seems to be wrong. Once I lay down and ground my self. Sometimes some medical MJ dispensary grade stuff reallllly helps and I feel normal. Or just cbd . You get tensed when your stressed makes headaches and pains triggered anxiety like what is this?! It’s cuz it’s new and not used to it. Basic yoga helps on top of stuff. If there is nothing noone can see is wrong just some chronic pains, you learn to soothe and cope , get by. Hope for the best

Just here to say daith piercings are actual acupressure points, when you pierce they engage indefinitely… Pierce on the side you get headaches. My hubby went from 2-3 lay him out on the couch migraines (3-6 hours) a week to nothing. Zero migraines. He pierced his daith on one side.

General Anxiety Disorder. It can be debilitating during a flare up, and can manifest in MANY ways, headaches and dizziness and fatigue being some of the most common. My advice is cognitive behavioral therapy, and perhaps seeing a doctor that can prescribe you some short-term meds such as Ativan. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Sounds like a migraine starting from stress. I get them where they start as tension headaches in my neck and get worse.

2 Likes

Sounds just like my migraines. Cannabis helps me.

Go see your doctor. I dont want to scare you but I had similar symptoms for over a year. Turned out to be cancer found during a lady check up. Your body is trying to tell you something. Listen.

Go back to a doctor.

Birth control if they are right before you start or right when you stop, dehydration, stress, anxiety, depression, could be migraine, tension headaches….there’s a whole slew of possible causes honestly.

Your best bet is to talk to your doctor. There’s a lot of things that could cause headaches like that, many of which are not serious and are easily treated.

I get this all the time, even worse when I eat, my neck stiffens up & I need to crack it to release some pressure, I have really bad anxiety so any little small problem makes me feel sick as

What are you considering a normal blood pressure? My blood pressure can be borderline high (bottom number is the important one) and I will instantly know due to a pounding headache at the base of my skull and just generalized fatigue. You should monitor your blood pressure twice a day for two weeks to establish a baseline for yourself. When my diastolic number gets higher than 86 or so I’ll notice. A baseline is necessary for a true comparison. Also, anxiety can aggravate the symptoms you’re having because it raises your blood pressure and heart rate. Your bottom number should stay around 80 or below. Ideally below.

Anxiety/ panic attacks

1 Like

Tension or migraine… I just had a 3 day migraine that effected only my right side from behind my eye n temple area down to the the top of my neck area… no fun

Not to scare you but my cosuins started with headaches eventually got worse started passing out… Then noticed when she sneezed or tried to use the bathroom she would faint… One hospital totalt missed it but the 2nd found she had a chiari malformation in her widows lock… If you dont like the first answer her a second opinion its your body you know whens something isnt right

2 Likes

When u feel this attack coming on just shut your eyes and take yourself off to a beautiful tropical island and Lisbon to the sea lapping it shores stay there as long as it takes take long slow breathes when you open your eyes slowly you will feel calm and relaxed just remember you can go to that place any time you want just take that time out for yourself

1 Like

My anxiety and stress has triggers. My social anxiety can get so bad I start puking and sometimes it doesn’t stop for days. It’s God awful. To the point where I’m in the hospital to rehydrate and make sure I’m not dying because it sure feels that way. Hot water is my life :weary: cannabis also helps me. Best of luck.

1 Like

Sounds like really bad migraines, they make you neausous and dizzy at times

Migraines, awful things

Your symptoms may be coming from a neck issue. I’ve had the same symptoms at times and found chiropractic an amazing help (but ask around to make sure you find someone good). Also, if you happen to grind your teeth or clench your teeth at night this can put a lot of stress on your neck. Try buying an over the counter mouth guard for sleep. It can do wonders to relieve jaw stress which can cause neck issues. Whatever you do keep exploring what’s happening until you get answers.

1 Like

Definitely anxiety or panic attacks

2 Likes

Panick attacks/anxiety

Had COVID by chance? I experienced horrible, not usual headaches and lasted weeks. Been to a chiropractor? They may be able to readjust you and relieve symptoms.

1 Like

I had the same thing migraines and panic attacks there is medication you can take that helps control it

1 Like

Does the head pain go away when you lay down?

I go through this too. Same age even. I’ve been seeing doctors. They say they sont see anything wrong. So I deal with it. It sucks though.

Look into CSF leaks, and occipital neuralgia and see if any match

2 Likes

Get urself a proshiatsu (how ever u spell it lol) neck massager… its probably a mixture … but u need a deep tissue massager to get that loosened up… I suffer with exactly the same … it will help … I promise

Do you clench your teeth when stressed? Or does your jaw joint crack sometimes? If so then get checked out for TMJ or TMD. I had 7 years of headaches from this.

1 Like

Get your thyroid checked

Chiropractor may help

1 Like

Sounds like panic and anxiety attacks…

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Could my anxiety have me thinking something is wrong with me? - Mamas Uncut

Could be anemia. I get really bad headaches and feel like I’m going to pass out if my iron is too low. I’m borderline anemic.

10 Likes

I suffer from migraines and when I’m stressed or my anxiety goes up, I’ll have vision problems, one side of my body gets tingling and numb, shortly after the migraine will hit on the opposite side. I have to see a neurologist and take a preventative they are so severe. MRI was normal.

14 Likes

Sounds like tension headaches that are triggering an anxiety response from your body. Hydrate and try to destress. I know it’s easier said than done. And follow up with your primary to work on things. Maybe a little therapy to learn how to cope w the anxiety side of it.

11 Likes

Lots of us have opinions and ideas but you really need to discuss this with a doctor. If you don’t feel your doctor is listening or taking you seriously try a different doctor till you find one you are comfortable with.

40 Likes

Anxiety attack…they can happen even in seemly stress free times and at night when you are sleeping it is a disorder…I am on a low dose of Zoloft nightly and I have not had one in 2 years…it took 4 years and several ER visits to get the diagnosis

7 Likes

Sounds like stress, have you thought about trying acupuncture? That helps me immensely. And I also diffuse essential oils.

4 Likes

For sure sounds like anxiety/panic attacks. The only thing that helped me was reading about them, drinking a lot of water, deep breathing exercises, walking every day and good sleep. Good luck and God bless.

7 Likes

It can be the result of anxiety and depression, so try to keep yourself normal .It can be some hormonal disturbance ,get you thyroid and iodine level checked .There can be disturbance in upper vertebrae. Get checked from efficient doc.

3 Likes

Ask for doc to test for Lyme disease. I had no idea that I had it, I had many unexplained symptoms and it was one of the very last tests done after years of trying to figure out what was wrong. I had never suspected it was Lyme disease.

7 Likes

Tension headaches. I get them really bad and I have anxiety. I carry all my stress in my shoulders and neck. Headaches, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness are all symptoms of anxiety as well.

9 Likes

Sounds like they could be tension headaches or migrains. I may also be a pinched nerve in ur neck or back. Don’t discount them just because nothing came back on ur tests. If u feel like something is wrong still get a 2nd opinion. U may need to go to a neurologist.

2 Likes

I have the same symptoms.
I was diagnosed with Cervicogenic headache.
I take amitriptyline.

1 Like

Try getting a massage. The masseuse will help loosen everything and you will be able to tell when they get to your neck/shoulders how much stress you are holding. You can specify you want upper back, shoulders, neck & face to be the main areas for massage due to severe headaches. You definitely sound stressed out. I would suggest a rheumatologist. This type of doctor will focus on all of you, not just one part. More extensive testing to verify your diagnosis.

My son has a Teeter.
A table you fasten your ankles into and invert yourself. He had the migrains so bad he was nauseous and had to leave work. Chiro helped, but this took them away. He still goes once a month to chiro,
but was on the teeter twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes… you build up to it.

1 Like

Those headaches are migranes. Until your and your Dr can come to terms Excederine Migraine may help. Not a,Doctor. NOT TELLING YOU TO TAKE THEM. Heating pad on your back and neck can help. NOT TELLING. YOU DO THIS.
As for your husband? Figure out why he is making you that angry that you Are Holding those emotions in? Or what ARE YOU doing that you dont want him around??

2 Likes

You need to work with your doctor but try noticing if your are breathing. I would hold my breath and not even notice until I was lightheaded with headaches. Sounds dumb but it is something to be aware of. Stress is weird.

2 Likes

Actually l underwent the same problem and it was due to IBS Irritable Bowel Syndrome and this had connection with nervous system. I am fine now .

2 Likes

Anxiety can definitely cause those kind of headaches. I have headaches every day and my doctors told me to stop taking anything for them, because one of them said I am having rebound headaches. I hurt so bad and frequently last a couple or 3 days! I was also getting so nauseated that I was taking 4 or more Dramamine a day and even having dry heaves!! I still don’t know what is going on! I was suppose to reschedule an MRI, because my daughter came to get me way too late for me to even get in for my appointment! I too would love to know what is going on! Good luck to you and I hope you don’t give up trying to find out what is causing your problems. Good luck and God bless! :heart_eyes::revolving_hearts::pray:t2:

1 Like

Good News- while it sounds like migraines but could be hypoglycemia or something else, regardless there is treatment. There is good migraine meds, and help for whichever situation this is! Talk to your doctor and he’ll figure out which one or send you to a neurologist who will!! Good luck!!!

I had that same thing you had, it come n go n I couldn’t figured it out n got worst at work while I was sitting down having lunch, I end up go the hospital found out I had a Vertigo, had to go physical therapy, come once in awhile, but physical therapy help alot n I haven’t had it in awhile, just go see the doctor have it taking care

1 Like

I had this for maybe 6 months during a very stressful time in my life. Thought I had a brain tumor the headaches were so bad and then just like that they were gone. Still have stress but no more headaches. Also added kratom to my diet

Try not to stress Do a quiet place for at least an hour.You got to take care of yourself You could get Bells Palsy.And then it will not be nice For sure you need to chill.Its your body.Prayers

1 Like

I had all the samefruit symptoms & I was diagnose with migrain headaches. They said it was probably due to stress. They did not give me anything for them & they eventually went away on their own.

I think that you probably have bad anxiety and it leads to panic attacks. They can make you dizzy! I don’t know if you know a homoeopathic product called Rescue. It’s wonderful and helped me a lot. Calms you down a lot. Just take it when you have a ‘moment’. Panic attacks just pop out of nowhere! I wish you well. It’s hard when they can’t tell you when you feel so horrible and they can’t tell you why!

U just described me when I get a tension headache… mine cause horrible nausea and muscle spasms… and I have passed from them before