Could my back pain be from an epidural?

Epi fucked me up too the 2nd time I had a c sec…they put needle in my back and I instantly felt a shooting pain down my right leg…

You need to talk to a medical expert, not Facebook expert.

1 Like

Joanna Mulrennan- sound familiar?

It’s possible. I had an epidural with my first I was fine after. With my second I had a spinal and they stuck a needle in me three times and I felt everything on the right side. I still have issues now.

Lawyer for malpractice.

He limitation is 2 years… But it is possibly from the epidural.

It has been 10 years since I had an epidural with my son and I still have pain there! The doctor thinks I have scar tissue there.

Yes, I’ve had the epidural twice in my first 2 Labour’s and it wasn’t until after my 2nd epidural birth I really started suffering, it’s gave me life long sciatica, I’ve not had it with my 3rd and 4th Labour’s nor will I have it again for my next labour (currently 31 weeks) xx

I have had one where he had trouble getting the needle in. And until this day every so often I have some pain in that area

Try going to a chiropractor it was best thing for me my pain is gone from my back now working on my leg and knee after a doctor jam a needle in my knee and it helping not hurting as much and I can walk more on my leg less limping

I had 3 babies. The first was natural. With the second I got an epidural. It didn’t hurt and was nice. However my hands and feet were numb for at least 6 months. I kept bringing it up with my doctors, but they have a standard BS answer. I KNOW it was from the epidural. So with the 3rd, I did natural again. Only was painful for a moment, otherwise contractions are tolerable of you do the breathing. One bit of advice. Unless you have a serious medical issue, never get induced. Your body goes through stages of prep for birth, and if you let nature do its thing, you will have a much easier birth. So many women getting inductions end up with c-sections. Not necessary. Doctors really pressured me to induce with my last two. I said nope!

1 Like

I had a protruding disc, after having my 1st. It then turned into a herniated disc, after physical therapy. The Sciatic nerve was being pinched and that caused pain from the right side of my back (right above the butt cheek) down to my foot. It started in my calf and then got worse. Couldn’t do anything without pain. I went and got 3 shots (different sessions) in my back and it’s been 13yrs, no problems

It sounds like slipped disc and sciatica pain - or possibly Greater trochanteric pain syndrome

People so often wait till the very end to go to a chiropractor. Shame, pain could’ve gotten so much better, so much sooner.

I had a student do my epidural… They took the needle out and tired so many times I actually jumped once because it hurt so bad.
2 years later and my back pain is so bad, I’m trying so hard to lose weight, to the point I’m crying.
But I can’t do enough because my back hurts so much. :sob::sob:
It really does feel like contractions so I totally know how you feel.
And with two kids to keep up with, the pain is never quiet. Its always there, no matter what painkiller I use. :broken_heart:

Thts why my mom has back pain …
Sometimes nurses and doctors just need to be more careful

I had one at 18 for sons birth my back was FD after that my whole life.

Caroline Connolly could that have upset your back?

1 Like

I had the same issues but it was due to a significant bulging disc in my lower back. It was torture. I also have a bad back and has been ever since I had my son. I was told it could not be from the epidural I had when I gave birth to him. I am always in and out of the drs due to back pain. Hope the mri helps. That’s how they found my back issues.