Could my copper IUD be causing these issues?

Every iud is different, my first one went amazing I had no issues no pain no complications once so ever had it removed when I was ready to have my second child and then afterwards I had my second one put in the exact same one as the first time and it caused serious damage! I ended up having a full hysterectomy at 26 because of it. If your having issues I would suggest seeking a second opinion if your dr is telling you that your fine because only you know if something is wrong

My IUD moved n caused nothing but pain for me! So I got it removed!

Definitely make an appointment. Might be from the IUDbut it could be something entirely different.

Get an ultrasound scan done ASAP…it’s shifting away from its position. Get it removed before it shifts higher up your cervix & into your uterus.

1 Like

When I had my iud I was in constant pain :weary:

1 Like

I had to get mine out. It embedded in the lining of my uterus, my body hated it.

I had an awful time with it. Got it removed immediately

also have the same issues before when i have those copper iuds’ .even after just taking a bath…your whole body smells…i just have the doc take it off of me…

Metallic smells can also be related to medical conditions. I know metallic taste in your mouth can be caused from diabetes.

I had a horrible time with my iud. I also had copper. I bled for 14 weeks. It came unraveled and slice the wall of my cervix. No bueno on those!

6 weeks after your sons birth and you were drink driving !!!??? You’ll get no sympathy from me , you should be ashamed of yourself.

Have it removed and get an updated version! Copper is old
School!

they were upset i didnt get mine removed / replaced at 18 months that might be why ?

Time to make an appointment with your doctor

Why ask fb, you need a gun or at keast a doctor to investigate and advise

My Marina IUD destroyed my mental health and my digestive system

2 Likes

PLEASE get an appointment with your doctor for bloodwork and urinalysis.
ASAP
Sending positive vibes.

1 Like

Yep! I literally smelled like pennies.

Mine did too… I hated it, got it out best decision ever!

Talk to your physician. Don’t believe what you read on this site.

1 Like

Antibiotics cancel out birth control

Get that out of your body ASAP.

I have the Kyleena in, best decision ever so far. I get little to almost no periods, I don’t have to remember taking a pill everyday, I already had cystic acne before it so it’s really no difference for me but most days I keep it under control with skincare and eating habits. It hasn’t messed with my weight (I’m the problem, not my iud) :joy: and I don’t really get mood swings either. IUDs depends on the person and how well adjusted the body does for it and for others it’s terrible and some there’s not really any problems. I hope they figure out what’s going on fast cause that sounds super weird for every liquid of yours to smell like copper…

1 Like

Don’t mess around with your health, call your doctor

Get it removed before you become very ill.

Just go get your tubes tied!! You can still have a baby with in vitro if you want more… It’s not worth all the chemicals!!!

3 Likes

You should be asking your doctor this question.

Always talk to your doctor before getting on birth control and while your on birth control they heard all questions before your not doing anything wrong I have the iud and it stopped my period all together nothing wrong with that

I had a copper coil in years ago with no problem. Fast forward 30 something years and my daughter used one too with no problems. Talk to your doctor.

Dit hoor ik voor het eerst ga een check up doen hoor succes

First question, have you looked into the history of the IUD? If not I’d strongly suggest it. Also ask what issues cause that, I forgot who it was but a long time ago this guy started to taste copper or metals and it was actually very serious. Check everything

My advice. Get rid of it now.

Get to a doctor right away

Talk to your OB/GYN about this… not Facebook.

Your body is trying to tell you something is going on that isn’t right. If you smell of copper and you’re tears smell of copper and you’ve a copper thing inserted into your body just sitting there- then it would be rational to say something ‘coppery’ is going on and it isn’t good. I bet if you had a blood test for copper it would be unacceptable levels. I’d be shocked if it didn’t. What would be irrational would be the doctor saying there is nothing going on and the IUD has no affect on tour body whatsoever and without doing a proper investigation. What medication or prosthesis is perfect for one person can be deadly or maims another. We each have a different chemical makeup so our reactions to different medication and metal is different. If I wear a copper bracket after a week a have a major green stain and start feeling lethargic / sick. :weary: others it’s fine. I’d be getting a blood test to check for copper levels and seriously consider different birth control. In the least get checked out to make sure it isn’t the IUD. You know your body so you know if something isn’t right. Just get checked to see if you can still have it or need to make a change.

Of course it can cause issues, it’s a foreign object in your body :woman_facepalming:

They lie all the time

you may be allergic to to copper? :woman_shrugging: never heard of this, however, its probably because im not a medical professional and this is social media…ASKYOURDOCTOR!

Contact your physician

Best to you, young lady!

it is good advise to get educated on other mediums of generating passive income, as the saying goes " knowledge is power" Stockhaven investments is running a Bitcoin investment program where you can earn profit off the Crypto market this season, they have a very reliable and trusted trading platform which they utilizes to help investors earn maximum profit on every Investment. Feel free to reach out to Mr Alan Blaine Wolf for more information

Yes deff go to your dr for sure

Get rid of it. !!!

Use the modern Low dose birth control pills .

They work well amd and will not hurt you.

Written by an RN .

I had one and boy was I sorry

Talk to your doctor not Facebook not your friend personal not public

Gynecologist, dummy!!

Talk to a doctor and not facebook

Ask ur doctor. Not people on fb

Yes go to the Doctor

Did you get vaccinated? I know five women whose periods have been an absolute disaster since the day after they took theirs.

2 Likes

You better go to your doctor and possibly get a second opinion, try to document all your symptoms, including witnesses about the smell, you may have a lawsuit in your hands.

Call your Gynecologist

Please call 1 800 your doctor

Please go see your doctor

I was on it for 2 years everything was great for that 2 years until I started having bad pains periods very light I went in to have it removed cause I couldn’t do it anymore came to find out I had became pregnant on it and had hemorrhaging going on! All is well and I have baby due in 19 days!

Please don’t look for medical advice on FB. Talk to your doctor immediately!

My IUD was copper and never had any tastes or smells of metal but several years after having it put in I had to go in for surgery to remove it as it had become “compacted” (drs wording not mine). So if your concerned about this stuff I would go see doctor especially if it has moved. Better safe then sorry.

Girl i had the iud from 2017 till a month ago and this is my advice. I seriously was starting to feel this way. Like i felt DRAINED daily i felt sick i got constant headaches didnt have a period for 4 years. My hubby finally convinced me its my iud causing problems so we took it out. The first week i saw a difference the next month i felt so much better! It was insane hpw fast i went back to normal. I always thought i had just got really bad baby blues but i think it was my birth control.

Try a ring its low in hormone and goes in 3 weeks and out a week. And my periods are lighter and its comfortable :woman_shrugging:t4: sorry if tmi

Get it removed ASAP! My doctor claimed the same but trust me you only know yourself and those things do affect your body all around. I had one and I felt horrible my emotions where every, my doctor said it’s due to post partum, but no never had felt like that before. The next day after having it removed I felt so much better. Trust yourself and your body do what is right for you. These doctors most of the time only push things for profit, because my doctor had no problem prescribing me anti depressants right away. I refused and at this moment I feel better than ever.

Get it took out immediately! Mine caused a ruble pregnancy and I almost died. I had to have a hysterectomy. My tubes reputered.

I didn’t have any problems at all with my IUD until I got pregnant. But nothing is 100%. I am an outlier.

I got mine in 1967 and had it for 20 yrs but it was plastic. It was a life saver for me and had no bad effects and I’m 83 now.

Go to your doctor and get it check out.

TMI. this should be addressed to your OBGYN and not the entire world. Where is your pride?